Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Finally, Some Real Friends ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay people I'll be making some comments at the end of this chappy so be sure to read them!

Chapter 4: Training

Ranma, Yukina, Genkia, Ukyo, and Nodoka walked down the streets of Nerima ward. They had just left the Tendo Dojo and were starting to make their way towards Genkia's temple.

"Hey grams, what technique did you use to beat the old hag? You didn't use ki." Ranma shifted Boton a little so he could see.

"I used my spirit energy. I guess you could call the spirit gun a technique. Why?" Genkia looked at her grandson out of the corner of her eyes. She was really surprised that he had so much ki. His aura was just based on that. Though he had a little spirit energy, at least that damn old man did something right.

"What the heck is Spirit energy grandma?" Ukyo asked.

"Well will ya teach me how to do it?" Ranma said. The look on his face just shouts a kid in his favorite candy store.

Genkia smirked and said, "Sure, I don't want to hear any whining. I'll explain spirit energy at the temple seeing as we're almost there."

Ranma had the classic ear to ear grin as he walked down the now dirt roads.

"Son are you sure you don't need help carrying your pack?" Nodoka asked. She didn't see why her Son had insisted on carrying the nice young lady and his heavy pack.

"Yeah mom, besides we're already here." Ranma's head pointed up the shrines steps.

"Hey I found them!" The party looked up to see Kuwabara running like an idiot towards them. Unfortunately, or not, he tripped and land in front of them face first. He recovered really quick since he did it all the time.

Taking Yukina's hands in his he said, "Where have you been my love? I was so worried about you!"

Ranma narrowed his eyes at Kuwabaka. He didn't know why but he didn't like Kuwabara holding Yukina's hands. Maybe it was a brotherly instinct he had for Kasumi.

"I was at the Tendo Dojo Kazuma. No need to worry about me, I was with Ranma." Yukina smiled not noticing the menacing glare that Kuwabara directed at Ranma.

Ranma noticed the new transfer students he had noticed walking down the shrine's step.

"Yo old hag where have you been?!" Yusuke demanded angrily. Hr stomped down the steps. He took note of Ranma, Ukyo and the woman with dark red hair.

Nodoka narrowed her eyes, her hand going to her katana instinctively. This young man had no respect for his elders! And how he talk to her grandmother like that!

"Show some respect dimwit!" Genkia hit him over the head rather hard after noticing her granddaughters gaze. She new that gaze. It was one where Nodoka got all honorable and stuff.

Genkia then was struck with an ingenious thought. She hid her grin, only Kurama and Hiei noticing.

"Dimwit, firecracker, fox, monkey, meet my granddaughter and her son. Nodoka and Ranma Soatome." She practically laughed out loud at the look on their faces. Even Hiei's mask faltered for a moment.

"Ranma, I'd like to see how well you're trained. The dimwit is my heir and I'd like to see who would win in a fight spirit energy and ki." Genkia said noticing Kurama's and Hiei's eyes grow a little bit wider.

"Hey! Why'd you call me a monkey?" Kuwabara yelled. Her words finally registering in his tiny little brain, if there is one.

Ranma snorted. "Maybe cause you look like one." Was his replied in a bored tone. Nodoka hit her son on the back of the head, though it didn't faze him. Yusuke burst out laughing, Kurama let out a small laugh/cough, and Hiei smirked at his words and Kuwabara's reaction.

"No one insults the great Kazuma Kuwabara! I challenge you to a fight!" Everyone stared at him like he was crazy, okay they just stared at him debating how much more stupid he could get.

`Oh joy, another Kuno. Wait, what if their related!' Ranma thought, almost panicking.

Before Ranma could reply, there was a huge explosion and in the distance you could see a huge dust ball coming towards them. Ranma tensed and without thinking plopped Boton in Kuwabara's arms, which were raised in a pose, and jumped in front of them.

Keiko came running down the stairs just that minute looking relieved at Yukina and Boton.

"RANMA THIS TIME YOU HAVE GONE TO FAR! FIRST YOU DISHONOR THE SCHOOL BY FOOLING AROUND WITH ANOTHER GIRL WHILE YOU'RE ENGADED! THEN BREAKING POOR AKANE'S/SHAMPOO'S HEART! NOW YOU DIE!" Kuno, Mousse, Happy, and Ryoga yelled as they charged him. They had fire burning in their eyes and Ranma cursed his luck.

Yusuke and co. watched as Ranma dodged the flying bandanas, umbrella, chains, knives, wooden sword, and flying bombs. Finally snapping out of there shocked state when Ryoga's red umbrella landed in front of Yusuke. He picked it up almost falling over at the weight.

"What's wrong Yusuke?" Keiko asked eyeing the umbrella.

"This has gotta weigh a ton!" Yusuke stammered.

"Well actually if I remember right, 3 tons and 25 hundred pounds." Ukyo said taking out her battle spatula and knocking away Kuno.

Ranma dodged Mousse's and Ryoga's attack but was unable to dodge Happy's attack. The attack drived Ranma straight into the ground a few feet face up. His vision started to go blurry but his senses didn't. He did a back hand spring to get out of the way of Mousse's blades. Slow his vision crept back to him as he was dodging Mousse's chains. That is until one caught him by the ankle surprising him. Mousse took the slight distraction to his advantage and wrapped more chain around Ranma trapping him. Ryoga followed up behind. He was a few feet from Ranma when he felt someone hit him square in the jaw sending him soaring back, but with his training he felt only half of it.

Ranma felt the chains tighten then fall to the ground. He found himself back to back with the most unlikely person. Hiei.

"3 against 1 is hardly fair." He said dryly. Hiei and Ranma turned their attention back to the fight when they felt All 3 fighters coming at them at the same time, just different directions.

They practically read each others mind and waited till the last second to jump away at the _same_ speed. Ranma noticed this and quickly noted this.

"Ranma get out of the way!" His granny's voice called from behind him. He moved exactly 160 degrees. He turned to face Genkia when he saw her and that Yusuke guy shooting the spirit guns in unison at his rivals. Mousse was blown away instantly but Ryoga and Happy really didn't budge but launched 2 powerful Shi Shi Hokodans. Both blasts were equal, both pushing each other back. That is until Ranma powered up and sent in his own blast.

He cupped his hands, still in the air. "Moko Takabisha!" The extra blast sent Happy flying but left Ryoga because Happy had taken the worst part of the blast. Her crossed his arms in front of his face and took the blast straight on. Until he found himself pushed aside. He heard the explosion and opened his eyes to stare straight into chocolate brown eyes filled with worry, anger, and most of all annoyance.

He felt Ukyo smash him into unconsciousness. She dragged him towards everyone else.

Ranma panted slightly and smirked. He found somebody who could match his speed. He was mentally jumping for joy inside that he'd finally found someone who be at least tricky to defeat.

"Isn't my son so manly!" Nodoka wailed with Yukina and Kurama trying to calm her down.

"Whoa! Never seen anyone match Hiei in speed." Yusuke smirked waiting to hear Hiei's growl but didn't. He found Hiei and Ranma staring at each other smirking.

"Well Ranma as long as you have us by your side nothing bad can happen!" Botan said smiling from her spot in Kuwabara's arms. He was frozen with the amount of power that he had just witnessed.

A glass sake bottle came hurtling from the sky but Ranma side stepped, smirking, it only to get splashed by a bucket of cold water. Everyone stared in wondered as the muscular boy turned into a red headed same height as Hiei girl. She pushed the bucket over her head and stomped on it.

"Damit! When will I get a break!!" Ranma-chan's high pitched voice yelled into the sky glaring at it.

Kurama could hear Yoko in his mind yelling to be let out for no reason. Kurama didn't understand but kept his hold on Yoko.

"Okay that was way too freaky. Weren't you just a guy a second ago? You're as short as the shrimp." Kuwabara asked almost dropping Botan. He went over to Ranma-chan and poked his hair, but was stopped by Ranma's fist. Ranma-chan took Boton bridle style a few moments before

"Let's go inside and talk." Genkai suggested and started to walk up the shrines steps.

*****Time Gap***************************************

Everyone sat on the porch, deciding that they didn't want to go inside. Ranma-chan sighed and began to tell her story. Once she was finished, the spirit detectives all had shocked faces, besides Hiei who had anger towards Ranma's father.

"Now Ranma, you wanted to know what spirit energy was right?" Genkai asked sipping her tea. Ranma nodded and was about to speak when the idiot threw a glass of cold water on her.

"WHOA! YOU'RE A SHE MAN!" Guess who? Kuwabaka. Ranma-chan's aura picked up, she, Ukyo and Yusuke pelted him to the moon. To bad he won't be able to breathe up there. Oh well, anyway, Ranma-chan sat back down along with Yusuke and waited for Genkai to go on.

"There are 2 energies in the basic human body. Spirit energy and life energy or as you call it ki. Ki is harder to manipulate but is much stronger than spirit energy."

"Then how'd ya smack away the old ghoul's attack if ki is stronger?" Ukyo asked, keeping a careful eye on Ryoga.

"She wasn't using ki in her attack. She was using spirit energy. She didn't have much control over it so it was considered wild. It seems she's had some training in spirit energy but not a lot. If she would have used ki, well then even with my skills I would most likely fall." Genkai said, shocking the spirit detectives. Ranma-chan, her mother, Ukyo nodded for Genkai to continue.

"Ranma, you'll need to control you spirit energy that is why you'll be under our training for 1 week. Then we test how good you are." Genkai got up motioning for everyone to follow her.

"What you mean our training." Ranma-chan quirked and eyebrow standing up. She crossed her arms in front of her.

Genkia stopped and turned around.

"Under our training means them. But right now I'd like to see how strong you are." Ranma smirked and turned towards Hiei.

"Yo," Ranma-chan said throwing it towards Hiei, who looks at her. Ranma-chan grinned and continued. "Wanna spar?"

Everyone looked at her like she was crazy. Then they looked at Hiei who had gotten up, again with the crazy look, and started to walk out the door followed by Ranma-chan. After a few moments, it finally registered in their minds and they scrambled out.

***Outside***

Ranma-chan and Hiei concentrated on nothing other than each other. She made the first move by charging him at half speed. He dodged but returned the attack but his fist met air. Realizing that Ranma-chan was right behind him, he disappeared and returned the attack.

Hiei jumped high into the air to avoid a round house kick from her. Ranma-chan smirked and follows the fire apparition into the air. His/her school specialized in air combat and took this to his advantage.

"Katsu Tenshin Amaguriken!" Ranma-chan sent out one of her favorite attacks. Hiei, amazed by the speed of the attack blocked and dodged almost all Ranma-chan's punches. They kicked apart and sized each other up again.

With out warning Hiei disappeared and gave Ranma-chan a hard punch, sending her face first into the dirt. After making a lovely ditch, she pulled herself out of the hole and did a back hand spring to barely avoid Hiei's foot. As soon as her feet touched the ground she took off at full speed and started to fight with all her strength. It was plane to see she had the upper hand because his female form was smaller which provided more speed, and it was flexible. They broke apart panting slightly.

"This is actually the first good fight I had in months. So, ya give?" Ranma-chan said. She had the classic ear-to-ear grin.

"You're good, for a girl." Hiei smirked when he saw her blow her top. Her aura started to crack around her and she shouted to the sky.

"I'M A GUY DAMIT!" She charged him, sending him straight into a tree with her knee, catching him off guard and knocking him a few feet back. Out of instinct he reached to his sword but stopped when he heard Genkai call the fight to a stop.

"Pretty good. But you're showing your full strength." Genkai's eyes wondered over to the steps where she saw Cologne. Ranma-chan's eyes widened and she and Ukyo got into a ready stance when she saw Mousse, and Shampoo behind her.

"What do you want?" Genkai asked, her voice bored and emotionless. Cologne hopped over with the other amazons following her.

"I came here to talk to Ranma." Cologne said, her eyes traveling to female form.

Ukyo stepped next of her brother and childhood friend, battle spatula in hand, glaring at Shampoo. Cologne hopped over and stared with serious eyes.

"Ranma, I am offering full membership into the Amazon tribe."

****************************************************

I know it's not what I said in the last chapter but an idea popped into my head and I had to use it! Plzz forgive me! That's why I wrote a 9 page long chapter and I thought you'd guys like an update!

I'll include what I said before in Chapter 5 K? Sorry GTG K? Got to type some more chappy's for my other fics!

Ja ne!

~White Fox 612~