Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen Roses: The Past ❯ The Threat of Queen Metallia ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Yup and another chapter goes up. This is Chapter 3.
 
Jay FicLover: Yeah, Princess Serenity can be quite irresponsible sometimes, wishing on the Ginzuishou without thinking of the consequences.
 
Disclaimers: I own nothing, except this darn plot.
 
Chapter Summary: Queen Metallia's powers finally rears their ugly end. Only Mercury and Pluto are aware of the threat. The beginning of the fall of the Moon Kingdom is at hand.
 
Chapter 3: The Threat of Queen Metallia
 
***************************************************************** ***************************
On Earth, Yoko Kurama was in his kitsune form escaping into the deep forest as he sensed the darkness that had been kept into the cold regions of the South Pole had finally been released.
 
Kami, how could this have happened? the silver fox wondered.
 
Daijoubo desu ka, Kura-chan? Kallan's worried voice entered his head. Quite unknown to the others, the two had mated and they now shared a mind-link with each other.
 
Metallia. came his hissed reply.
 
Nani? Kallan answered in shock.
 
But… how? she added.
 
You mean Mars hasn't felt anything? Kurama asked incredulously.
 
Kallan thought for a while.
 
She said the Sacred Fire did tell her about the darkness, but she chose to ignore it; something about Metallia won't be able to resurface because of the Ginzuishou. she replied.
 
She is wrong. Metallia's threat is as good as real. Kurama spat.
 
Matte, does Metallia have anything to do with the Shitennou? Kallan asked.
 
Kurama hid a smirk, she was catching on.
 
Remember that darn wish your precious Princess wished upon the crystal? he begun.
 
Kurama could feel Kallan's nod.
 
Turns out that wish affected not only our dear Prince Endyimon, it also impinged on the Four Kings. he replied.
 
Isn't Prince Endyimon engaged to Princess Beryl? Kallan asked, not understanding.
 
He was. But that wish made by your Princess made our dear Endyimon to forgo that engagement to woo her. Kurama hissed.
 
You don't seem pleased. Kallan noted.
 
I am not. Kurama replied.
 
Right. Kurama could feel Kallan roll her eyes.
 
By the way love, I'm in your lair. Kallan replied and shut off the connection.
 
Yoko Kurama blinked for a while before what she said sank in.
 
Letting out a kitsune grin, he pounced off.
 
***************************************************************** ***************************
When he arrived in his home, Kurama found his beloved sitting prettily on the stack of day grass; namely his bed.
 
“Funny Bubble.” he teased before returning to his humanoid form.
 
“You did say you wanted me to warm your bed.” Kallan joked.
 
“Not in this sense love.” Kurama replied, settling himself beside her.
 
“To what do I own this visit?” he asked as Kallan laid her head on his lap.
 
“Metallia for one thing.” Kallan replied softly as Kurama played with her shoulder-long
hair.
 
“I sense there's a `for another' at the end of the sentence.” Kurama remarked.
 
Kallan smiled, “Right as usual.”
 
Her bright smile turned gentle.
 
“I missed you, Kura.” she admitted.
 
“I can tell.” Kurama returned a soft smile of his own.
 
“How long has Metallia been on loose?” Kallan asked.
 
“Almost two months.” Kurama sighed.
 
“Nani?” Kallan exclaimed, jerking herself up.
 
“Then why didn't Endyimon say anything?” she pressed.
 
“The Earth royalty have gotten complacent. They believed that Metallia's threat is only temporary and it will come to pass as suddenly as it had appeared.” Kurama spat.
 
“And in the end, it was us, the non-royalty who suffered in the witch's hands.”
 
“Kura, I fear Earth isn't the only planet to undergo Metallia's influence.” Kallan admitted.
 
“Bubble, what do you mean?” Kurama pressed.
 
Kallan sighed softly before relating to him what happened; a guard in the palace went missing then found unconscious two days later. Other small incidents began to pop up, missing uniforms, robberies on the outskirt of the city, but they were disjointed, random.
 
“I could never have made the connection, until you told me about Metallia.” she added.
 
“Then we have to warn Selenity.” Kurama replied firmly.
 
“That won't do.” Kallan objected.
 
“A warning will do them no good,” she said. “Their minds are too far gone. Only the sudden arrival of Metallia will truly spur them to action. After the formation of the Silver Alliance, we've been so accustomed to the peace that not only Selenity, the others; they too have lost their way. The strength of their hearts, the true force behind their powers, has diminished, been weakened by their growing vanity and egotism.”
 
“If they continue in this way, there will be no future. What we are looking at will be the ultimate end of an era.” she finished sadly.
 
“Oh Bubble…” Kurama begun, not really knowing what to say. Politics and him do not really go well together.
 
A sudden jolt of black magic alerted the couple.
 
“Kura go!” Kallan barked.
 
“But to where?” Kurama asked, standing up with her.
 
“Head to the Makai. You'll be safe. Metallia is only interested on the human world.” she advised.
 
“What about you?” Kurama asked.
 
“I have duties, I have responsibilities to Serenity. I cannot abandon them or my friends.”
Kallan replied somewhat regretfully.
 
Kurama nodded and took off.
 
“Sayonara Kura.” Kallan whispered with tears in her eyes. Pluto had told her, about the eventual fall of the Moon Kingdom and their resuscitation in the future.
 
When asked about Yoko's fate, Pluto only told her that Kurama will merge with an unborn fetus in the future.
 
With his swift disappearing back, the Princess of Mercury turned and disappeared in a swirl of shimmering Mercurian dust.
 
***************************************************************** ***************************
SailorStar9: Finally an Ami/Kurama chapter.