Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ The Shaman Files ❯ Night of the Demonic Dead ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 3 - Night of the Demonic Dead
=====================================
Yuusuke walked down the stairs of the inn. He had a mission ahead of him. He was wearing one of the combat uniforms he got from Genkai over the course of their training. It was dark blue loose fitting pants with a dark blue tank top and white belt. He'd had a good night's rest, now the time for action was at hand. The Harbringers would be stopped.
At the bottom of the stairs Yuusuke met up with Yoh. He was wearing a form fitting pair of black shorts and t-shirt, the Harusame katana strapped to his side, a stone dagger in his belt. Amidamaru floated behind him looking like the spectral ghost of a long dead samurai. The two boys nodded to each either. Words were not necassary. They marched towards the front doors.
Kurama came out from around the corner of the living room as the two teens headed towards the front doors of the inn. He was dressed in his chinese fighting outfit. A dark purple smock with red patterns and white clothing beneath. He matched their pace without a word.
Chocolove was leaning against the wall next to the front doors. He was dressed in a tribal looking outfit. Maybe Australian. He grinned at them and fell into step along side them as they marched out the front doors. On the front steps stood Kuwabara. He wore an open shirt and light blue pants. He caught Yuusuke's eye then walked along with the group.
They walked down the front walk and found Horohoro awaiting them. He was wearing a black and blue robe with black pants. His black bandana had red markings. His prayer stick was stuffed into his belt. His snow board no where to be seen. He matched pace with the group.
They stepped passed the front gate. Tao Ren was leaning against ther wall just outside. Wearing his chinese, black fighting outfit. The symbol of the Tao familly, a bleeding Yin Yang sign etched into the back of his sleeveless shirt. They continued their treck, not missing a pace.
Bokuto no Ryu awaited them down the street. He was dressed in a form fitting biker's outfit adorned with skulls. He waited for them to walk up to him then followed as well. It was a few more feet then Hiei hopped down froma roof top. Wearing black cloak and scarf he joined them.
Now the nine marched down the street, side by side, eyes burning with determination. They each knew what had to be done. The Harbringers couldn't be aloud to run free. They had a job to do. and they intended to do it well. They halted. Anna stood in their path. She looked them each in the eyes one after another. "Do any of you retards know where you're going?"
The entire group toppled over as the cold hand of reality crushed their moment of cool.

The mood was angsty as the nine would be heroes sat around the table, trying to figure out where they could possibly find the Harbringers. "This is stupid!" Yuusuke complained. "they could be out there doing...anything! And we're stuck here, not knowing where they are! Can't you idiot shamen do anything?!"
"What would you suggest?" Tao Ren asked Yuusuke, an edge of iritation to his voice.
"I dont know!" Yuusuke snapped. "Look in a crystal ball! Don't you guys have some sort of scrying powers?!"
Kuwabara scratched his head. "Don't we? I mean, can't Hiei just use his Jagan to find them?"
All eyes turned to Hiei. The fire demon looked at them each in turn. "....this is possible."
"But?" Horohoro inquired.
Hiei said nothing.
"You forgot you had some way of finding them?"
Hiei said nothing, a small twitch to his lip.
"You forgot you could find them? That's it, isnt't it?"
Hiei closed his eyes.
"HAHAHA! What a moron!" Horohoro laughed.
Bokuto no Ryu smacked Horohoro upside the head.
"Please, Hiei. Will you use your jagan to locate our enemies?" Kurama asked his friend, quietly.
Hiei grunted and reached up to his forehead. He removed his bandana. A third eye looked at the group from the center of his forehead. The Jagan. A powerfull eye from a near extinct species of demon. It had cost him a high price to aquire it. He closed his two proper eyes and the Jagan glowed red. He looked through it, beyond the room, seeking out the faces from the video that they watched the other day.
His vision showed him mountains. Tall mountains. A group of demons and humans treched up the mountain. His vision shifted, at the top of the mountain was a tower. It looked like it hadn't been used in years. Some motion caught his eye. He peered towards the woods that covered the mountain. People were moving among the trees. No, not people, zombies. Corpses lumbered all over the mountain. Could this be the power of the demon Necro?
Hiei opened his eyes. Everyone was watching him expectantly. "I found them."

It took the better part of the day and it was well past nightfall when the group reached the mountain Hiei had spotted. They stood at it's base, looking up through the trees. They could not see the tower at the top.
"What do you suppose they want here?" Chocolove asked.
"I don't sence anything special. Perhaps the tower simply belongted to the Harbringers in the past? Maybe they have some weapons stored here?"
"Weapons? ..there are humans with them." Tao Ren said. "Accoording to the tape, these demons work with shaman to increase their strength. Demons can be used in an Over Soul, but a focus is required, an object of some sort. I'm willing to bet their foci are here."
"What's an Over Soul?" Kuwabara asked.
"You'll find out soon enough." Tao Ren stated, not looking at Hiei.
Yuusuke clenched a fist. "Well, whatever! I'm tired of waiting! We found the dumb mountain! I say we go up there, insert foot in ass, go home."
Yoh shrugged and started up the mountain.
"H-hey, wait! Are we just gonna march right up there?" Kuwabara shouted. "I mean, they'll see us coming! And then they might ambush us!"
"Go wichever way you want." Yoh said over his shoulder. "I prefer the direct approach myself."
Kuwabara scratched his head. "Hey, maybe we should stop him guys. Guys?" Kuwabara blinked and looked around, realising everyone had gone their own seperate ways, leaving him alone. "......nobody ever listens to me." Kuwabara whined.

Chocolove made his way through the woods as stealthily as he could, climbing trees when necassary to avoid zombies. The leapord ghost, Mick floated behind him. Chocolove climbed to the top of another tree and looked around. Everywhere he looked he could see zombies moving along the trees. "How many zombies could their possibly be here, Mick? Do you think thaqt demon Necro did this? How many people do you suppose he'd have had to kill to make all these zombies? Or do you think they had dead bodies stored here on the mountain?"
The leapord spirit growled.
"Ya, I know we can fight the zombies, but, I'd rather not waste my strength. We got bigger fish to fry, buddy." Chocolove hopped from his brach into the next tree over, his foot slipped though and he fell to the ground below with a loud thud. A zombie broke his fall, fortunately his fall also broke the zombie. Unfortunately that didnt help with the many other zombies that turned to stare at him with their dead gazes.
Chocolove got up and dusted himself off. "Ahaha! HI! Don't mind me. I was just DROPPING in. But, will you look at the time?! I really got to jet." The zombies began lumbering towards Chocolove. "....laughter tames the savage beast my ass! Or was that music? Oh well! Come on, Mick! Let's get the hell out of here! Over Soul!" Chocolove took a running start and leaped into the air, the spirit of his leapord fused with him. His fingers grew into claws and markings appeared all over his body.
His sence of smell, hearing, sight and balance all magnified. He landed in a crouch and dexterously darted between two zombies, frog leaping over a third. They moaned, confused. Turning to persue him. Chocolove ran for a few meters before slashing through a few more corpses and leaping over their remains. The zombies were slow but numerous, he'd have to lose them and fast.
He leaped over some bushes and raised his claws to slash another zombie down. The zombie backhanded him, Chocolove rolled across the ground and into a tree. He looked up at the zombie and broke into a cold sweat. This creature was alive, in fact, it radieted demonic energy. "Necro!" The young shaman shouted.
Necro's lips twisted into what might have been a smile. "What have we here? A shaman? And all alone?"
Chocolove stared at the cadaverous looking demon. He was shocked to run into one of the Harbringer's so soon. He felt hand start to grab him by the arm. He jumped to his feet and spun around, shredding some more zombies to bits. He looked around. The zombies were all still approaching.
Necro watched him. "So tell me little Shaman. Who are you and what brings you to this mountain? More importantly, how did you know my name?"
Chocolove slashed down a few more corpses then leaped onto a tree trunk, hanging onto it like a cat. "Here to kick your ass straight to hell. My friends and I know all about your Harbringer group. We're here to stop you from ....doing whatever it is your doing."
Necro laughed. "Oh really? And what is it we are doing?"
Chocolove sweatdropped. "...uum, you were going to wipe out the eart and create a demon realm here, right?"
Necro tilted his head. Zombies were gathering at the bottom of the trees trunk, pushing against it. "Is that what you think? No, not exactly. I believe Ulo wishes to create a demon realm for himself but he has no delusions of building it here on earth. It is in the demon world that he will create his kingdom if anywhere."
Chocolove blinked. "But, then, why are you here on earth killing people?"
Necro watched the zombies push against the trunk. there were quite a few of them. "Humanity must be wiped out. That was the bargain. The one who gave us our power wants the earth for his own people, we get unlimited power. A rather simple trade. And it all works out to my advantage in the end."
Chocolove watched Necro. "What people does he want to build this world for."
"Shamen." Necro said.
"....who is the guy who gave you power?" Chocolove asked, a cold chill running up his spine.
Necro turned his gaze up to the boy. "I believe his name is Hao."
Chocolove could only stare. Hao. Their enemy was behind all this? That's what the Harbringers were? Just another tool to use to create his Shaman paradise and fullfill his dream of becoming the Shaman King? "No! You cant trust Hao!" Chocolove shouted. "He's only using you! He doesnt care about your guys demon realm or anything! Once he's got no more use for you, he'll just kill you."
Necro shrugged. "I dont care. I'm the last of my species. An evil species. A species born with the ability to raise the dead. In our lifetime we tend to create a layor or home for ourselves. We then kill. Each creature we kill, we then raise as a zombie. These zombies surround our homes and protect them. Its a simple existance. But even other demons dont like us very much. We tend to flood the world with our dead. It wasn't long before some demon lords rallied together and nearly wiped out our race."
Necro looked down. "I am all that's left of this evil species. Oh, and, you're time is up."
Chocolove shook his head. evil species? It didnt sound particularly evil, pointless maybe. He guessed the idea of just killing and trying to over populate the world with zombies was kind of evil, but still. This was a very strange creature. And what did it mean by his time was up?
There was a snap, the a creak. Chocolove looked down. Zombies, atleast 50 of them. The tree began to fall, they'd managed to push it over. He leaped off only to find himself falling into the waiting arms of the animated dead. Chocolove saw a flash of light. Then the zombies fell to the ground, cleaved in half. He landed on his feet and looked up at his saviour.
"This guy loves the sound of his own voice." Said Kuwabara, a glowing sword of energy gripped in his hand. "Lucky for you I got here when I did or you'd be zombie chow!"
Chocolove grinned. "Yeah, I owe you a drink man. Now what do you say we take out some demonic trash?"
Kuwabara turned and faced Necro. "Sounds like a plan to me!"
Kuwabara charged Necro from the right and Chocolove dashed in from the left. Kuwabara slashed out with his reki blade, winding up to cleave this demon down the middle. Necro raised his hand and caught the sword. Kuwabar blinked. "What?"
Chocolve slashed at Necro repeatadely but his claws bounced off him. It was no good, the demon wasn't even feeling their blows.
Necro snatched each of them by a wrist and threw them a few feet away. His mouth twisted into that smile again. "The power of a demon in Over Soul is most impressive." The two fighters then noticed a second figure kneeling behind Necro. He was wearing a black hood, he appeared to be human. He was kneeling over some sort of bone figuring and praying feverently, furyuku, the energy of shamans radiated from his body and empowered Necro. Increasing his strength to a demon of the highest rank.
"This is my Shaman." Necro commented. "He doesnt have a name. Or if he does, I dont care what it is. Hao gave him to me. We have a simple understanding. He keeps me in a state of Over Soul and I wont add him to the ranks of my undead." The shaman seemed to swallow and pray harder. It seemed he feared the demon.
"Ha! I dont care what type of soul you got! You're about to fall before the might of Kazuma Kuwabara!" The tall punk charged Necro, sword blazing, preparing for a swing. And then, his foot sank into the ground, sinking up to his knee. Something had pulled his leg under. The Zombies, Kuwabara had forgotten about the zombies. He stabbed into the ground with his sword. He felt it stab into something and he pulled his leg free, only to have his other leg get pulled under.
"KUWABARA!" Chocolove shouted as he began to charge to help his friend, only to get jumped by four zombies. He slashed and clawed at them but they were heavy, he could feel their flithy nails rip into his flesh. He hollered in pain and fear. His concetration faltered, he separated from Mick. Without his over soul he was powerless, the zombies began to tear at his flesh. Mick roared but as a mere ghost, there was nothing he could do to help.
Kuwabara howled in pain. Sharp stabbing pains ran all over his leg. He felt Chocolove's aura vanishing. Chocolove was dying. Kuwabara pulled with all his might and toppled onto his back. His leg was gone, only a bleeding stump remained under his knee. The young man screamed, his body going into shock. Zombies began to pounce on him. He was dying. And there was nothing he could do.
Necro made shushing noise. The zombies all stopped. Chocolove shivered, his body burning in pain, he looked over at Kuwabara, he looked in equally bad shape. Kuwabara raised his head, he was white from blood loss. The punk forced a smile. Chocolve grinned back. Neither were ready to give up. They just didnt know what to do. Chocolove lay his head back and closed his eyes. He felt tired, he wanted to sleep.
Kuwabara hissed. "Chocolove, d-dont close your eyes, dont go...we cant give up yet!"
Chocolove forced his eyes open. He had to remain awake. He heard the noise of a twig snapping. Then the sound of something mechanical. A machine. He turned to Kuwabara. Kuwabara nodded, he'd heard it too.
The two looked at Necro. He was looking out towards the forest. They turned their heads and followed his gaze. Something was approaching. It was a man. A man in a wheel chair. Chocolove felt like he was going to vomit. "Not him, not now."
Necro watched as the man fearlessly road right up to him. The zombies we're not attacking him for some reason. The man looked sickly, pale. His eyes had dark circles under him. His shirt hung open and revealed much stitch work and dead flesh. He turned his head to look at the two humans. His eyes were glazed over as if he were on some sort of narcotic. The man did not appear to have any legs. In his lap he cradled a skull, a skull with a bullet hole in the tempel above the eyes. A ghost stood behind his wheel chair. She appeared to be the ghost of a nurse.
"Who are you?" Necro asked this strange human. The human looked at Necro as if he was suprised he could speak.
"Look Elisse. It's talking to us. But we dont have time to talk. These two need help. We must hurry. They're suffering. Remember how you used to hate people suffering?"
The ghost smiled warmly at the man.
"I'll only repeat myself once, who are you?" Necro said impatiently. He did not like being ignored, especially not by humans.
The man turned his dead gaze on Necro. "I am the illustrious Doctor Faust VIII."
Necro was suprised. He'd heard of the Faust familly. A line of necromancers. Powerfull ones no doubt. Thats why the zombies were not attacking him. He was using his own powers to counter them.
Faust lifted a medical bag that he had sitting on the foot rest of his wheel chair. "I'll need to borrow some of it's minions? Do you think it will mind, Elisse? It doesn't matter I suppose. God says we must help each either. Do you think it believes in God?" The zombies lifted the bodies of Kuwabara and Chocolove and caried them to the mad doctor.
Necro watched. The man had the nerve to use his own zombies. Amazing. He watched as the doctor Faust operated. He didnt bother with any sort of anesthetics. The screams of the two humans were proof of that. The zombies dropped them on the floor.
"You son of a bitch." Kuwabara moaned. "I'll kill you."
"Does something hurt?"
Kuwabara blinked. The pain was gone. He looked down to find his leg attached to his body. He could barely make out any stitched, and it worked fine. Chocolve patted himself down. He was okay too.
"How did you do that?" Chocolove asked.
"I am a doctor." Faust VIII smiled at the two boys, the smile of a father watching his new born son. "One of the greatest doctors ever. This procedure was simple for me. Though, you'll require some rest." His eyes grew cold again and he looked back at the demon. "But what of this one Elisse? What do we do with him?"
Necro began to chuckle dryly. "You are a strange one, Faust. A powerfull necromancer though. I was going to offer for you to replace this worthless human." He motioned towards the hooded shaman who continued his prayers. "But you are a bit too insane for my tastes. I'll simply destroy the three of you."
Faust VIII watched Necro then began to laugh. A deep, cold laugh. "He thinks he can beat me! Did you hear what he said! This pathetic, pitiful creature thinks he can beat us! It's sad. All it understands is death and hate. It doesn't know love. It never will. Not like us."
"I will love you always." Elisse's ghost said.
Necro tired of his insane blather. One of the zombies swung out at the doctor and punched him hard in the chest. There was the sound of bone crushing and a few speckles of blood flew from his lips. No pain registered on the Faust's face. "Hmm, I believe he crushed my ribs. Fortunately I'm always on morphine so I feel no pain. I will be able to ignore this injury while the monster dies."
Necro growled. "You take me lightly."
Faust VIII blinked, as if he'd forgotten Necro was there. "No. You're already dead."
One of the zombies pounced. Not on Necro, on the Shaman. The shaman screamed in pain, his hood falling back off his bald head. The zombie had jammed a syringe into the humans arm and injected him with something.
Necro stared. "Wh-what was that?"
Faust VIII looked at the human and tears began to roll down his cheeks. "He is dying Elisse. He cant be saved. That poison will cause his body to slowly secreet all it's life energy till he finally withers away and dies. It's a slow, lingering death."
Necro snarled in anger. "So you destroyed my shaman! No matter, those two are too weak to help you in their current state and you are but a fool! I will destroy you even without my Over Soul." Kuwabara and Chcolove tried to stand but Necro was right, they could barely stay awake. Faust's surgery had taken it's tole.
The demon had taken two steps towards the doctor then fell to one knee, suddenly looking tired, his eyes widened in realisation. He looked back at the human. "Release me! Release me from the Over Soul! You're drawing on my life energy you fool!"
The shaman was lying on it's side. He grinned at Necro cruely. "We'll burn in hell together, master."
Necro tried to move towards the human, but he was already too weak. He was dying. "Release me! F-Faust! Help me..."
"Now why would I help you? You are a creature of death. I hate death. As such, I hate you."
Necro sighed, his eyes closing. "...I never thought humans could be as cruel or as evil as some of the darker demons, Faust..."
Faust VIII smiled. "Yes."