Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ The Shaman Files ❯ Water Sport ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 5 - Water Sport
=======================
Hiei walked further up the moutain. His black cloak flapped behind him. He looked around. It seemed this path lead to a cliff. The paths crissed and crossed all over the mountain, it had many slopes and bends, making it difficult to tell if you were going up or down. He was not really all that bothered by this. He'd reach the top eventually. It was something else that bothered him.
"What?! Another cliff? Jeez, we'll be old and dead before we reach the top!" Horohoro complained, coming up behind him.
"Why are you following me?" Hiei said in a desceptively calm voice.
"Well, we're both trying to get to the top. And the way you took off so fast, I figured you knew where you were going."
Hiei walked to the very edge of the cliff. he looked down. It was quite a drop. Steep. Jagged rocks below. He wondered if Horohoro would survive the fall when he tossed him over. The thought was tempting.
"Aww, come on, don't look so glum, we'll reach the top."
Very tempting. Hiei looked at the idiot shaman that decided to follow him. He was an idiot. An idiot was not a strong enough word to describe this boy. The idiot looked down over the side of the cliff. That idiotic ice spirit sitting on his head. He could push him off right now. Hiei snorted and started to walk back towards the path.
"Hiei?" Horohoro said.
"Hn?"
"Get down!" Horohoro tackled Hiei to the ground. Water came crashing down the side of the mountain, almost like a tidal wave. Trees got knocked over, things were being washed over the side of the cliff. The water around Hiei and Horohoro froze, making a large v shape. The wave ended. Hiei looked at Horohoro. He didnt know wich bothered him more. The fact that he was snuck up on or that this idiot saved him.
The two scanned ahead. A demon stood there. Zephyr, the water demon. A fat man stood behind him. The man emanated alot of furyuku, a shaman.
"Thank you for cornering yourselves for me. This will make things much easier on all of us." Zephyr said. The man's furyuku filled the water demon. Zephyr was strong, but he did not seem to get any stronger from the Over Soul. The nature of this Over Soul was not obvious, but Hiei was not intending to wait and find out.
In an eye blink he had closed the distance between himself and Zephyr, sword drawn, he slashed him in half. Zephyr exploded into water. The water rose up into a pillar and slammed down on the fire demon. "How do you like my Over Soul?" Zephyr's voice said, eminating from the water. Hiei struggled.
Horohoro rode in on his snow board, leaving a trail of ice in the air, flying right through the pillar of water, chopping it in half. Hiei used that moment to escape the watery prison. Throwing his cloak away his arm ignited in black fire. Fine, he would reduce this water demon to steam.
The black flame was unleashed upon Zephyr, there was a loud hiss as the water bubbled and evaporated. Then floated in the air as a giant monster of steam. The steam lowered itself upon the two, Horohoro cried out in pain. It was boiling hot, probably quite painfull on his human flesh. But Hiei had no such trouble. He charged through the steam to the fat shaman. Determined to cleave the man in half. The steam condenced into ice though. Freezing around the fire demon.
Hiei focused on his flame, to melt away the ice, but something was lacking, air, with no oxygen his flame was weak. He was having trouble breething himself. The ice shattered. Horohoro puching slashing through it with a huge sword of glowing ice. His own body coated with a sheet of ice, probably what saved him from being burned alive. He slashed towards the shards of ice with his ice blade and released a blast of snow to burry them.
Zephyr rose high into the air, he had transformed himself into a 15 foot giant made of ice. "You two who use the elements cannot defeat me. Cold or heat, water cannot be destroyed."
Hiei snorted. Zephyr was arrogant. Hiei liked him even less now. He looked towards the fat shaman. He had to destroy him. This was Zephyr's weak point. He charged again at blinding speeds, dodging around giant icicles fired at him by Zephyr. He half way there when Zephyr turned back into water and came crashing down upon Hiei, trying to wash him over the side.
Zephyr froze before Hiei went over the cliff. Horohoro stood not too far from Hiei, flaring his power, trying to freeze the water around Hiei, to help him. Hiei nodded, a blast of black flame freed him and he leaped high into the air. He glided towards a tall tree, perching on a branch. He leaped to another tree as a blast of water struck the one he was in, snapping it in half. Hiei was about to land in the second tree when he got knocked out of midair. He crashed to the ground, hard, coughing.
Then the water came again. It came crashing down upon him, pinning him to the ground. He couldnt move or breethe. Something else fell on top of him. Horohoro. He had dove in. The boy focused all his strength and created a dome of ice over them. Hiei gasped for breath.
"Idiot! Now we're both trapped!"
Horohoro gritted his teeth. "Shutup! Is that the thanks I get for saving your life?"
Hiei's eyes narrowed. "You should worry more about your own life." The water outside the dome began to bubble and boil, the ice was melting. Horohoro frowned in concetration. The ice thickened and began to glow with energy.
"What was I supposed to do? Let you drown?" Horohoro spat. "Well I'm not like you!"
Hiei's eyes took a dangerous glint.
"Dont give me that look!" Horohoro snapped. "I know you dont like me. I know you think I'm just an idiot! Well, maybe I am! So what?! Atleast I got something I believe in! And I believe in life! Thats why I want to become the shaman king! To make a fuki field for the koropikles, so they dont die and become extinct! And even though you're an evil asshole demon who came to our house to kill us and drink our blood, you're still a living creature! And all life is important! So fuck you, I'll jump in and save you anyways! That's why I fight! What do you fight for, anyways?! Dont you have anything you believe in? Or do you just want to prove your stronger then everyone else?"
Hiei stared up at the other boy's face. Hiei realised something about Horohoro he hadnt before. Horohoro was not afraid of him. Intimidated by his strength maybe, but not afraid to confront him and tell him exactly what he thought of him. Concequences of his action meant little to Horohoro as long as he did what he felt was right. Hiei then felt something, something he couldnt understand. It was like when Yuusuke defeated him to save Keiko. Could he possibly respect this idiot? His love of life? Hiei studied Horohoro's eyes. He reminded him of his sister almost.
Horohoro was having trouble staying awake. Kororo had fused with his prayer stick, he was gripping it hard in his hand. His sister had made this for him. She wanted him to be strong. She wanted him to become the shaman king. She had alot of pride in him. Horohoro wondered what she'd think to see him like this now? She was a strong girl, harsh. She'd probably agree with Hiei and say he was an idiot for jumping in to save him. Horohoro blinked again. He was running out of furyuku, he couldnt keep this up for long. The ice was already starting to melt again.
Hiei rolled over, pinning Horohoro under him. The shaman yelped in suprise. Hiei's eyes looked set. "Dont move if you want to live." It was getting hot, the bandages on Hiei's arm started to burn and crumble away. A tatoo circled his arm. A tatoo of a black dragon. It shimmered and seemed to move, alive with black flame. Hiei raised his arm and the black dragon flew from his arm, through the dome of ice. Hiei had unleashed the Koku Ryu.
It flew high into the sky, the water exploding in a hiss of steam when it came in contact with it. Growing to gigantic proportians. It circled in the air over Hiei and Horohoro. Horohoro stared at the dragon in shock, Kororo hiding behind him. Then the dragon descended. The fat shaman's eyes widened in shock. He turned around and fell to his hands and knees, covering his head and bending over with his butt in the air. But this did not save him. The black dragon crashed into him, leaving only scorch marks and ashes.
Zephyr fell to the ground, in his own form. He raised his head in time to see the black dragon turn on him and breethe a bouth of black flame. He died instantly. The dragon roared and faded away. The tattoo reapearing on Hiei's arm.
Horohoro looked at Hiei. Hiei looked back.
"....what the hell was that?!" Horohoro asked, his voice barely a whisper.
"The black dragon..." Hiei commented. He was feeling the price for summoning the beast already. He would sleep now, sleep until his energy had been recovered. Hiei fell over, passing out.
Horohoro looked at the sleeping demon, pushing his hair back. He'd lost his bandana some time ago. He looked at Kororo. "...wards. Those bandages on his arm were wards to keep that dragon in. Come on, we better wrap his arm up. ...and then, I need some rest too."