Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ name coming soon ❯ chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: this is a semi-AU KarasuxKurama fanfic. I changed a few things around about the battle against the Toguro team, and some characters may be a bit ooc. If anything is wrong, consider it a part of the AU.

Chapter one

Sharp violet eyes watched from beneath strands of long black hair as drops of water fell from the ceiling into a small pan. The continuous rain had finally quit a half hour ago, but water still made its way through the roof from the many trees surrounding the small cabin. Karasu continued watching the water, ready to replace the pan with a bowl he held in his hand. He lived miles away from anyone else, in a large stretch of woods, purposefully, but he didn't like that he wasn't able to get anyone to fix the roof, and he didn't exactly know how. He didn't know how to fix much of anything, as evident by the disrepair his isolated home was gradually falling into. He knew how to fight, but that was about it. And he hadn't really needed to fight since he won his freedom. He still trained everyday, though he didn't know why. The Toguro brothers were dead. He achieved what he wanted to, with the unwitting help of that wretched human. He moved out here almost immediately afterwards. Lived here alone for three years…

Flashback to three years ago

The human had killed the larger toguro brother, only the smaller one left. He was too fight soon, but Karasu couldn't give someone else the chance to kill him. He was rather fortunate he survived, though lost, his own match. He supposed some of the human form's kindness still existed in the youko form, for he was spared. Not that he was afraid to die; he had every expectation of being dead within the hour. But he would take the hated one with him. The challenge was issued outside the arena, a secluded area. The normal jeers were dutifully listened to. Then the fight: while Toguro wasted no time attacking, he deliberately left an opening. Until one of Karasu's attacks got too close. Toguro struck fully then. As expected, Karasu collapsed, but not completely. He reached up to remove the mask, but his hair stayed black. A small section exploded in the direction of toguro, too quickly to dodge, and too concentrated to survive. Both the toguro brothers were dead. What he spent a good part of his life working for was don, and it seemed that so was he. Good, he was tired. His eyes drifted shut heavily, as he finished collapsing.

He left the darkness at the feel of a gentle pressure in his lower chest. Blinking, he looked down. Wait, down? He was now leaning in a sitting position against a tee, and as for what he felt; a plant? Looking up he blinked again. Kurama?!? "What are you doing?"

"I'm healing you, and before you ask why, I don't know."

"I was prepared to die."

"Of course you were. That's why I'm not letting you."

"I can just kill myself again after you're done."

"Perhaps. Why did you risk so much to kill him? Was it because you wanted to die?"

What to say to this… he knew no answer. Except, "no, I suppose I just wanted to not worry about obeying someone, and…maybe there are other ways to feel alive." Kurama looked at him for a while then, before blinking and walking away.

End flashback

Three years is a long time to live alone. Karasu hated being around people, had always preferred being alone, had been alone for stretches of time longer than three years, and not minded. Yet now, he felt lonely. He had an idea of why, in the back of his mind, and heart, but refused to accept it. Not that it would help. He would stay alone, and, apparently, lonely. He switched the containers and carried the pan outside to dump it. Outside he heard something, sounded like a wolf, but most of those stayed away anymore, after a few of there kind were used as target practice. But that was what it was, an old one, probably desperate for food. And it seemed to have found it; at his feet was the body of a human, looking like it fell from the cliff that rose behind his home. It made sense with the rain making everything so slick. He turned to leave the old one to his meal, when a flash of bright red caught his attention. He quickly chased the wolf away, picked up the form, and carried it inside. Placing it on his bed he sat down to wait. Before too much longer, wide green eyes blinked open. Karasu smiled, "hello, Kurama."

A/N: well, that's it until I get enough reviews.