Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Chaos Abounds ❯ Chapter 1: I Thought You Were Leaving? ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chaos Abounds…
 
Drof: Uh, this is new, obviously…I decided to make a more…current version. Oh yeah, and there's fewer people…I'm sure you all just love me for it. If you wanna complain, don't. I've been updatin' recently, after a many-month hiatus, so bear with me if I want to change things. Hey, that's the whole point, right? I'm tryna start a revolution here, yeah. Yo, two-step w'me, two-step w'me…
 
BHS: O_O Drof's gone gangsta….
 
Drof: Yo, dat's right homie!
 
Disclaimer: O_O Ford owns nothing…Except the OCs…
 
***
Chapter 1: I Thought You Were Leaving?
 
 
It was a peaceful morning. The sky was still dark, and the air was still and cool. Some night-bird chirped in the distance, and another responded to it. Then everything fell silent. Suddenly there came a lot of loud shouting from a large boarding house.
 
“Let me go! I'm leaving!”
 
Inside, a young boy was struggling to get down a flight of stairs. He had short black hair that was partially slicked back, and large brown eyes that were currently glaring angrily at an older boy. The other boy looked to be about sixteen, and had long hair of a decidedly bluish hue and teal colored eyes. Rather than azure, or a sort of sky-blue, his hair was a hard, icy, brittle blue color, like the sky in the middle of winter. He was very beautiful, and the only way you could actually tell he was a boy was because he wasn't, at the time, wearing a shirt.
 
The blue-haired boy looked to be of a pleasant disposition, and the mild look on his face furthered the impression. The reason he was being glared at was not immediately clear. He was holding onto the other boy, thus keeping him from falling down the stairs. This seemed to be something the other boy didn't appreciate, for some reason.
 
“I'm leaving!” he shouted. “Now!”
 
“Now, now,” the older boy said soothingly, his accent revealing him to be British, “there's really no need to be hasty.”
 
“I can't stay here!” he yelled at the British boy. “You people are driving me insane!”
 
“What's goin' on?” asked a voice from the foot of the stairs. The voice's owner appeared to be an unusually short girl, wearing an oversized tee-shirt that went to her knees.
 
“He says he's leaving,” the blue-haired boy replied.
 
“Nikio, he says that every day,” the girl pointed out. *Phonetically, that's Nikyo.*
 
“This time for real!” the first boy insisted
 
“He seems to be serious,” Nikio observed. “Well, Yusuke, you'll have to tell the manager.”
 
“That's what I'm trying to do! Now let go of me!” Yusuke howled. Before Nikio could respond, the door to the left of the stairs opened, and a young man stepped out. He had the look of someone who's been jerked out of a sound sleep, which perfectly describes him, actually. His long, black hair was disheveled, and his wings (also black) drooped slightly.
 
“Do you know,” he asked sleepily, “what time it is?”
 
“Do I care?” Yusuke responded. “I'm leaving!”
 
“Why?” the girl asked.
 
“You people are driving me crazy, that's why!” Yusuke exclaimed.
 
We're driving you crazy?” she said, eyes wide.
 
“I can see where the midget would do that,” the third boy said thoughtfully.
 
“You too, Karasu!” Yusuke accused. “You're just as bad as her!”
 
“I'm offended,” Karasu replied with an air of offended dignity.
 
“Yeah!” the girl agreed. “How dare you compare me to him? I'm much, much worse!”
 
“Got that right…” Karasu muttered.
 
“What was that?” the girl asked, her eyes flashing dangerously.
 
“Nothing, nothing at all…” Karasu lied.
 
“Anyway…” Yusuke said. “Nikio, let go of me!”
 
“The only reason I'm holding onto you, Yusuke,” Nikio said patiently, “is because if I weren't, you would be tumbling headfirst down the stairs. I'm fairly certain you don't want that to happen. After all, you can't leave if you're in traction.”
 
“Blow it out your nose, Shorty!” Yusuke responded. He twisted around and managed to break Nikio's hold, only to find himself falling down the stairs backwards. Nikio latched his arms around Yusuke's waist, saving him from a broken neck. (That comeback was created by Lobowolf and Deathlady. It is not mine.)
 
“Yusuke, if you're going to leave, at least descend the stair's safely,” Nikio cautioned. “All right? Now, could you kindly quit you struggling and cooperate? If you don't, I fear that we'll both end up falling, and I can't afford to go to the hospital.”
 
“I give it five seconds,” Karasu said to BHS.
 
“Til what?”
 
“Til they both fall down,” Karasu told her.
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Think they'll hurt themselves?”
 
“Oh yeah.”
 
“Broken bones?”
 
“Yep.”
 
“Blood?”
 
“Probably.”
 
“Think they'll end up in the hospital?”
 
“Most likely.”
 
“Would you two stop?” Yusuke yelled. He would have said more, but his violent struggling finally pulled Nikio off-balance and sent them both tumbling down the stairs. This fall probably would have been fatal for both of them, or at least have resulted in severe injuries, had they not managed to somehow land on each other. This landing was accompanied by a cacophony of cracking noises.
 
“You were almost crushed,” BHS observed. Karasu had stepped about a foot to the right a little while earlier, realizing that if the two fell, he'd be right in the path of their fall. “Lucky for you they didn't bounce,” she sniggered.
 
“Oww…” Yusuke said.
 
“What cracked?” BHS asked.
 
“I think it was my spine,” Nikio answered.
 
“I think it was my arm!” Yusuke argued. “Get off of me!” He and Nikio both struggled to sit up and untangle themselves, while BHS and Karasu watched in amusement. After about a minute of futilely trying, they finally managed it. Yusuke jumped to his feet, while Nikio had more of a struggle getting up. His back cracked when he stood.
 
“I am leaving now!” Yusuke informed them all. “And none of you are going to stop me!” He fixed Nikio with a baleful glare. He then about-faced, and walked straight into the person standing behind him. She was a woman, close to six feet tall, with long silver hair and bluish-silver eyes. She wore large, baggy clothes that hung off her slim frame, and seemed to highlight her beauty rather than concealing it. Most notable, however, were the large silver wings sprouting from her back.
 
“Are you alright?” she asked, reaching out a hand to steady Yusuke. He spent a long moment staring at her before he replied.
 
“Yeah…”
 
“And what about you?” the woman questioned, looking at Nikio. His back cracked again when he turned to look at her and answer. “That sounds nasty. Are you okay?” She had a sweet, clear voice, almost like a little girl, but a bit more mature.
 
“I'm fine,” Nikio told her, waving a hand dismissively. This brought another crack from his back, and he winced.
 
“Are you sure?” the woman asked worriedly.
 
“Perfectly fine,” Nikio reiterated.
 
“But, your back…”
 
“Not to worry,” Nikio went on with an air of forced cheeriness. “It's completely alright. Right as a trivet.”
 
“What's a trivet?” BHS whispered to Karasu.
 
“I have no idea,” Karasu whispered back. “I think it must be something with a broken spine, though.”
 
“I can hear you, you know,” Nikio said. “My spine is perfectly fine.”
 
“I can see your spine,” BHS said, staring at Nikio's back, “and it doesn't look fine. It's all twisted….It's too far to the left.” She poked at the aforementioned spine, which caused Nikio to make a very interesting noise. It was a sort of strangled yelping noise, like a cross between a dying duck and a choking dog. He quickly turned around to face the girl, which also had the effect of preventing another poke.
 
“You're too thin,” BHS announced.
 
“I am not,” Nikio argued. BHS gaped, then shook her head.
 
“Look, I can count your ribs,” she told him. Nikio was, in fact, far too thin. His stomach was very concave, like a `c' with the edges pulled apart, and you could count his ribs. BHS decided that he must be blind or something if he couldn't see that.
 
“So?”
 
“Give up,” Karasu advised. “It never works.” BHS knew he was right. She and Nikio had had this conversation before, and it always ended the same way. She sighed, and decided to become an observer once more.
 
“Uh, who are you?” Yusuke asked.
 
“Oh, yes!” the woman said, flustered. “My name's Shiariko, and I'm the new manager here.”
 
“You?” Yusuke asked incredulously.
 
“You'd better watch out for the boarders, then,” Nikio cautioned. “They can be…scary.”
 
“You're one of the boarders, Nikio,” BHS pointed out.
 
“I'm completely harmless,” Nikio assured Shiariko. “It's the others you have to worry about. I'm here entirely for your convenience.” He gave her a bow reminiscent of medieval butlers, drawing a laugh from her and general eye-rolling and head-shaking from everyone else.
 
“Hey!” BHS suddenly realized. “She looks like you, Kara-chan!” And it was true, she did. They both had the same tall, narrow-shouldered build. They also both had straight, long hair and large wings. The only real difference (other than gender and hair and eye-color, of course) was that Karasu was pale, whereas Shiariko was tan.
 
“Don't call me that,” Karasu said absently, it was more habit than anything else by now. “And she would. She's my mother.”
 
“But I thought your mother was dead?” BHS was obviously confused.
 
“She is,” Karasu replied. “That's what's so weird…”
 
“This is the right place, right?” Shiariko asked. BHS and Karasu turned to stare at her. It was a very odd question to hear someone ask, especially when they've just announced that they're the new manager of the place where they are.
 
“I mean,” she went on, “this is the Kanasuki Boarding House, right?”
 
“Oh yes, it is,” Nikio assured her.
 
“You're at the Hell Hotel, all right,” BHS added.
 
“Hell Hotel?”
 
“Yeah.” BHS gave a scholarly sort of nod. “That's what everyone who knows the place calls it.”
 
“Why?” Shiariko asked.
 
“You'll find out…” Karasu told her. “In fact, I think one of the reasons is approaching just now.” At the top of the stairs stood a man of about twenty. He was dressed in nothing but a pair of jeans, with skin that was a bit darker than Nikio's (who was the sort of pale people who live in places where it always rains are) and a very well-formed body. He looked strong in a sort of lean, slim way, rather than a big and muscular way. His hair was white, shoulder-length, and very messy and spiky.
 
“Who the hell was yelling?” he asked. His voice was harsh and annoyed, and he sounded as if violence was going to be directed towards whoever confessed.
 
“That would be Mr. Urameshi,” BHS volunteered. She flinched when the man's glare fell on her.
 
“Whaddaya want, Bakura?” Yusuke asked. He seemed hugely unconcerned, despite the death-promising glare he was receiving.
 
“I'd like to shoot you in the head a few times,” Bakura answered.
 
“You're just here to see where Nikio went,” Karasu said. Bakura turned an interesting shade of red and glared at Karasu.
 
“I'm thinkin' he just wants to have Nikio come back to their room,” BHS sniggered. Bakura's face went even redder.
 
“Shut up,” he said hotly.
 
“There's no reason to be ashamed,” Karasu said, trying hard not to laugh.
 
“Now, now,” Nikio told him, “you shouldn't tease `Kura. He'll hurt you.”
 
“Sorry, `Kura,” BHS and Karasu chorused, and then broke down laughing.
 
“Don't call me that,” Bakura nearly yelled. He spent a moment calming down, and then said, “Please don't make so much damned noise.”
 
“Did Bakura just say `please'?” BHS asked, amazed.
 
“I think he did,” Karasu replied.
 
“'Kura, are you feeling well?” Nikio asked, concerned.
 
“Don't call me that,” came the automatic reply. “Really, you all need to shut up. If you wake Him up, I'll have to hurt you.”
 
“Sorry,” BHS apologized.
 
“Gods, not Him,” Karasu groaned. “We'll be quiet.”
 
“Thank you,” Bakura replied in the tone people ask for root-canals in. He turned and walked down the hall. Nikio walked briskly up the stairs (as briskly as he could, anyway, allowing for the fact that his back popped with every move) after him.
 
“Are you leaving?” BHS asked. “So soon?” She sniggered slightly.
 
“I've got to get to sleep,” Nikio replied. He didn't rise to her teasing, and instead just answered her. She sighed as he walked up the stairs, down the hall, and out of sight.
 
“It's getting too hard to get a rise out of him,” she muttered. “Say, Yusuke, weren'tcha gonna tell the manager somethin'?”
 
“What do you mean?” Shiariko asked. She looked at Yusuke. “Did you have something to say to me?”
 
“Of course not!” Yusuke said.
 
“I thought you were leaving?” Karasu put in.
 
“Yeah, an' you were gonna go tell the manager,” BHS reminded. “You made a whole big scene about it.”
 
“You woke me up,” Karasu said sourly.
 
“I did no such thing!” Yusuke denied. Turning back to Shiariko, he said, “These guys like to joke around. They just imagined it. Don't pay any attention to them.”
 
“We did not imagine it!” BHS cried.
 
“They're the jokers of the place,” Yusuke continued. “You shouldn't take them seriously.”
 
“So, you're saying that I was woken up at three in the morning for nothing?” Karasu asked, just to get it straight.
 
“Yep.”
 
“Well, in that case, I'm going to go back to sleep. Go to hell, everyone.” With this charming little wish, Karasu walked back to his room. BHS began to follow him, and moved towards the door to the right of his. He sighed, grabbed her shoulders, turned her around, and marched her to the door across from his. “This is your room, remember?”
 
“Oh yeah,” she said sheepishly. “Thanks.”
 
“Rot in hell,” Karasu replied, and walked to his room.
 
“Good night to you, too,” BHS called before his door closed. This left just her and Shiariko standing in the foyer. “Uh, d'ya know where your room is?”
 
“I think I can find it,” Shiariko said.
 
“Okay then. Good night, and good luck.” With that, BHS entered her room, and Shiariko was left alone.
 
“What have I gotten myself into?” she wondered.
***
Drof: E'rbody in th' club gittin' tipsy, e'rbody in th' club gittin' tipsy…Here comes th' five to da foh to da three, hands in the er if you cats drunk as me, club on the set Kwon cut out dem trees, dude I don't cur I'm a p-i-m-p…
 
BHS: Yay! I love this song…Er, anyway….I apologize for Drof….And…er…Read and review!!! ^_^000