Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Story Untold ❯ Origin of the Tragedy: A Royal Baby's First Steps ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the material from the anime(s) in here, but I do own Mea. So if you want to use her (I don't know why you would), ask and tell me how u intent to use her (plotline, etc.) and please don't violate her personality if I give you permission to use her.

"Look, the banner." "Has it happened?" "Of coarse it has, why else would they hang the banner." Whispers spread throughout the kingdom, rumors all started by the simple gold and white banner hanging from the pure crystalline white castle. To some, the castle had never looked more joyous, happy, beautiful, and serene. Yet to others, there was something foreboding about that banner.

That banner was the sign that a child had been born to the Queen. This had happened only once before. That had been a joy for some and a disaster for others. For those to whom this meant disaster had hoped to control the throne when the royal family died. The capital, Crystal Tokyo, was the most popular place known to almost everyone in the universe. Of coarse, the ningens of earth were oblivious, but that was because their prince now lived in Crystal Tokyo and of coarse because they would destroy the only non-polluted place left. And now, with the birth of another princess, all hope to ever take the crown by force was lost. So young yet so begrudged and hated.

"Tonight." "Why tonight?" "Because tonight is the winter solstice, and the child will be in bed early" Silently, the unknown peril edged along the halls, supposedly to the princess' room where they rid would the universe of the princess. They were anxious but excited in a good way. They first had visited the first born, Rini's, room, but found the chibi absent from her bed. Still to this day it is doubted she ever realized her midnight snack adventure probably saved her life. They did not stall and suffered little disappointment in the child's absence. It was the second-born they were after tonight; Rini, after all was the future ruler and was more often exposed to the outside world. There would be many more opportunities to get her, but the younger was rarely exposed.

Along the halls they swept, unaware they were racing to their death. Swiftly they whipped open the door, and stared down mercilessly at the sleeping child. Only one of them had any second thoughts. "She looks so innocent. Is she really a threat? Do we really have to kill her?" They killed him as they planned to kill the princess, swiftly but painfully. That woke the princess up, and as she had never been exposed to death she was unsure of what to do. However, her instinct and purity took autopilot. They glowed white, then dark red, the strong color of evil, then there just wasn't any life in them.