Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ After the Run ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 23: After the Run
 
Kurama awoke with a sharp pain in his stomach. It took him a while to understand what had happened. He remembered running away from Karasu…but then he fell. After that he could remember almost nothing.
Kurama sat up from the bed he was on. He looked around the room and found that is was the same room he had been in when he woke up last time!
`I guess this really is my room, now,' thought Kurama.
But he had nothing wrong with the room. It truly was quite beautiful and lovely. The roses in the room reminded him of something…but what?
Then the thought finally made its way into his blurry mind. His rosewhip! Was it still in his hair? Probably not, but there's no harm in looking.
Kurama gingerly reached up into his hair and felt for it, but to no success. His hair was brushed out completely. There was no trace of his rose. This displeased him. Because he knew that Karasu probably took it. But it was nothing too big.
Kurama's mind wandered off this topic and then thought about the pain he had in his stomach. It hurt terribly bad.
Kurama looked around the room and slowly lifted up the blanket he was under. He looked at himself for a moment and saw that he was no longer wearing the same clothes he had been. He was now wearing pajamas like Ryou was, but his are darker, almost a shade of black, but not quite. Sort of a navy blue. And Kurama's were made out of something that felt like silk, unlike Ryou's.
The thought of what he was wearing passed rather quickly when Kurama felt another sharp pain in his stomach. He quickly lifted his shirt and examined his chest and stomach. It was completely bandaged up.
Then Kurama remembered that he had hurt his stomach when he fell. Karasu must have did this.
Kurama put down his shirt, and despite the pain he was in, he tried to walk.
Kurama surprising made it all the way to the door. He put his hand on the knob and then felt another presence in the room.
He turned around quickly and saw no one. He looked in every corner of the room, but still saw nothing. He then decided that it was just his mind playing some sort of trick on him. He was a bit tired because of the pain in his stomach.
This time when he turned around to the door he quickly put his hand on the doorknob and tried to turn it right away. But it didn't budge.
Kurama let out a frustrated sigh and tried turning it again, but it was no use.
Suddenly Kurama felt someone behind him, again. Kurama bit his lip and closed his eyes. He knew who it was already.
He then felt a pair of hands start to play with his hair slowly. The hands soon moved down to his neck.
Kurama couldn't take it anymore. He spun around on his heels to come face to face with Karasu.
“Karasu?” Said Kurama half in wonder and half in annoyance.
“Yes, my fox?” Asked Karasu.
“What happened? I-I can't remember…” said Kurama with uncertainty.
“You hurt yourself,” Answered Karasu.
“How?” Asked Kurama.
“You were running away from me and…well…you tripped,” said Karasu while trying not to give a sheepish laugh. But Kurama still knew that he found this funny.
Kurama turned to the door and tried the knob again. It was still locked.
“Let me out, Karasu,” said Kurama coldly.
“Oh Kurama. Why should I?” Asked Karasu sweetly.
“Because I said so, baka!” Yelled Kurama.
“Shh. Shush Kurama. Don't shout like that. You're voice is so much sweeter when you talk in your normal voice. It's so soft and calming,” said Karasu with a smile.
“Shut up and open the door!” Said Kurama in anger.
“No,” said Karasu.
“Yes,” said Kurama back to Karasu.
“Make me,” said Karasu while closing in on Kurama.
“Karasu…” warned Kurama.
But Karasu paid no attention to Kurama. He put both his hands on Kurama's shouldered.
“Karasu? What are you doing!? You're so stubborn! Just opened the door!” Yelled Kurama.
“Never,” said Karasu while leaning down to Kurama's height.
Just at that moment something tapped at Kurama's window.
Karasu once again reluctantly let go off Kurama and turned around towards the window. Kurama heard Karasu growl in annoyance. He also heard him muttered some words that he could not understand under his breath.
When Karasu got to the window he saw that it was a crow. Karasu sighed and opened the window for it. The crow gladly flew into the room. It landed softly on a table and pecked at its foot. Kurama noticed that there was a piece of paper tied to it.
Karasu untied the paper from the bird's leg and unfolded it. He quickly read the note and then held it tightly in a fisted hand.
“I'm sorry, my fox. But I must leave for a little while. I'll be back as soon as I can, for you,” said Karasu as climbed over the sill of the window and then was gone.
Kurama rushed to the window and looked outside. He was completely gone!
“I wonder where he went?” Thought Kurama.
This was quite confusing. Where would Karasu go?
Then Kurama remembered the door. Kurama, just for the heck of it, tried opening the door. Surprisingly, it did open!
But it was locked just a moment ago…
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~