Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ The Letter ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 33: The Letter
 
Kurama had no dreams this time when he slept. Everything was a so peaceful and quiet. Kurama leaned farther into his blanket that wrapped around him; it was so warm…and breathing?
Kurama sleepily opened his eyes a bit and tried to get up, but couldn't under that weight of the arms that encircled him. He did, however, manage to turn and face whatever what was in bed with him.
He saw Karasu sleeping close to him. Kurama was a bit surprised and confused to find that his arms were around Karasu as well.
Kurama tried once more to get up, but failed. This time he woke up Karasu. Karasu drowsily looked at Kurama. A smile soon grazed his lips behind his mask when he saw that Kurama's arms were around him.
Karasu pulled him closer. Kurama was so beautiful, even when drugged. His red hair showed to look lighter when the afternoon sun hit, glints of gold showed off it with grace. And his eyes looked so green and deep, almost as if one could fall into them.
Kurama tried to get out of the tangled mess of blankets that were on him, but another part of his mind wanted the blankets to stay on, it was so warm, sleepy, and comfortable.
“What's wrong, my kitsune?” Asked Karasu while pulling Kurama back down.
“I…why are you in my bed? And…what's…going on?” Kurama said drowsily.
“Nothing, darling. Nothing. Go back to bed, you need to rest,” said Karasu while pulling Kurama closer to himself.
Kurama pushed away for a few moments, but then soon gave in. Instead the affects from the drug made him sort of give in and return Karasu embrace, which he did.
Karasu enjoyed this moment and hoped it would last, but he knew that if would end.
Karasu let his thoughts sway. He shouldn't think about the moment ending, but the moment itself. But there was one thing on his mind, about the Dark Tournament. The thoughts of him trying to harm Kurama, he couldn't believe. But that was then and this was now. There was no reason to think of any of that anymore.
With that thought, he looked down at Kurama, who was now sleeping again. Kurama was tightly holding on to Karasu. Karasu started stroking Kurama's hair, it felt like it did in the Dark Tournament, so frail. But, it was also soft and silky. Sort of like a harsh wind, yet a gentle breeze that has the scent of roses.
Suddenly Kurama began to stir. He was waking up, and the drug was wearing off completely. Kurama groggily opened his eyes and yawned. Then he noticed that he was holding someone…and someone was holding him. He slowly let his gaze wander up. He saw Karasu and let out a gasp. Karasu looked down to him with a smile.
“Karasu!” said Kurama in shock.
“Hush, Kurama,” said Karasu while stroking Kurama's cheek.
This sent Kurama in and out of sleep, but he fought to stay awake.
“No, I…I don't want to,” said Kurama.
Karasu couldn't help but to smile. Kurama was so stubborn. At least when he was drugged he would listen to reason.
Karasu sat up in the bed and then got out. It was nice while it lasted, and he was sure it would last again.
“Karasu, why were you in my bed?” Asked Kurama, trying to sound annoyed, but sounded sleepy if anything.
“I wanted you to tell me about Ryou, remember? And I also wanted to do it for reasons of my own,” said Karasu with a chuckle. “You're very lovely when you sleep,”
Kurama scowled and rolled his eyes.
Kurama started getting up, but was pushed back down by Karasu.
“Sorry, my fox. But you are not to be out of bed,” said Karasu while tucking Kurama in. “I'm not going to take any chances of you getting yourself hurt again, understand?”
“No,”
“What not?”
“I can't stay in here all day, Karasu! Wh…what about Ryou!” Said Kurama, glad that he found a reason.
“I'm sure I can take care of him while you rest, that would be no problem,” said Karasu while countering Kurama's reason. “How about you write a letter to your friends? You wanted to do that. And if you mean as much to them as you do to me, which I strongly doubt, they must really miss you,”
“How will they write back?” Asked Kurama.
Karasu thought for a moment.
“Tell them to just slip the letters under your door went they wish to write back. under your door. I'll sent one of my servants to collect them every now and then,”
“But…demons can't pass through to the Human World without going to Konema first,”
“Kurama, my little fox. There's always other ways to pass through the barrier,”
“Fine,” said Kurama, not wanting to know anymore. He didn't want to have to worry about Karasu breaking a law of the Spirit World.
Karasu walked over to a desk in the corner of the room and shuffled through its contents. He then came back with a pencil and paper, and also a book to put the paper on when he writes.
“There you go,” said Karasu while giving Kurama the items and pulling up a chair next to the bed.
“Do you mind?” Asked Kurama, who didn't like Karasu watching him write.
“Not at all, I never get tired of watching you, itooshi,” said Karasu while reaching out and stroking a red lock of Kurama's hair.
“Well, I do,” said Kurama while jerking his head away.
“I'm going to read it anyway. To make sure you don't try and tricks. I would hate to have to hurt your friends. I know how much they mean to you,”
“Just don't look…I don't like it when people watch me write,”
“Ok,” said Karasu while turning around in his chair.
Kurama looked down at his paper and started writing hastily. He had to think of a way he could tell the others where he was without really writing it…but how? Then it came to him.
Dear Yusuke, Hiei, and Kuwabara,
I am okay. You don't have to worry. I'm sorry I just disappeared like that, and for reasons that I am not to reveal I cannot tell you where I am or who I'm with. I'm in a bit of a…tricky…situation; it sort of reminds me of my match withKarasu. Please don't worry or send for help for me either.
Suddenly Kurama felt Karasu tug on the paper lightly while looking at it.
“Kurama, really. I thought you could do better then that. You think I can't see bold words?”
“I don't know what you're talking about,” said Kurama innocently.
“Oh, yes you do, my kitsune. Now you will start over and not try anything else, understand,”
Kurama sighed and nodded his head. There was no use of trying to put any codes in this letter. He was sure that Karasu would scan through it a numerous amount of times to make sure there was nothing in it. So Kurama started writing again.
Dear Hiei, Yusuke, and Kuwabara,
Everything is fine. I'm sorry I left without telling anyone. But Konema must have, by now, told you that I need to spend sometime in the Demon World, for a few reasons of my own. Right now I'm in the Demon World, I'm staying with someone. I'm not allowed to tell you who this `someone' is, or where I am. Please don't worry about me, I'm really fine. I'm not sure if I can come back…the person I am with is a little…well…possessive of me, I guess. This is all I need to tell you, but I wish to keep in touch. If you want to send me a letter back just slip it under my door. I'm not quite sure how that will work…or if it's true, but I'll tell you when I get a letter. Well, I must go. I give you my best wishes.
 
P.S. Even ifI told you whom I was with, you wouldn't quite believe me anyways.
 
Your Friend,
Kurama
 
Kurama finished the letter and looked over it. He then looked at Karasu, who was eyeing him closely.
“Are you done, itooshi?” Asked Karasu.
“Yes, I am. Now what do I do?” Asked Kurama.
“You put it in an envelope, silly kitsune,” said Karasu with a quiet laugh.
“I know that! Where are they?” Said Kurama with a scowl
Karasu went back to the desk and took an envelope out of it and handed it to Kurama.
The envelope felt like soft leather and had a pale yellow glow to it.
Kurama put the letter in the envelope and licked the top. He closed the envelope and then looked at Karasu.
“What now?”
“Give it to me. I'll give it to one of my servants to deliver.”
“Didn't you want you look at it? To make sure I did say anything I'm not supposed to?” Asked Kurama.
“No. You knew that I would look at it to make sure. So you didn't say anything information, right?”
Kurama nodded his head. That's when it hit him. He could've written anything at all and Karasu wouldn't have checked!
Kurama bit his lip and groaned.
“What's wrong, darling?” Asked Karasu while scooting next to him.
“Nothing,”
“Regret not writing something?” Said Karasu with a chuckle.
Kurama turned away from Karasu's gaze and looked down at the floor.
“Now, you should be sleeping. Lay down,” said Karasu while pushing Kurama down. “You need to heal. So far you've only slept about two hours, and that certainly is not enough.”
Kurama laid down and closed his eyes. And after, he felt Karasu playing with his hair.
“Karasu…can you stop?”
“No, why would I?”
“Because you're annoying,”
“I could always lay down with you again, if you want,”
Kurama sighed and looked up at Karasu.
“No, that's okay,”
Karasu smiled behind his mask and once again started playing with Kurama's red locks of hair. This time Kurama didn't say anything, Karasu knew his fox was enjoying this; he was just too stubborn to say so.
After a few moments Kurama fell into yet another deep sleep. Karasu was pleased to see that on Kurama's face was a faint trace of a smile.
After tucking his little kitsune in, he got up from the bed and approached the door. Even though a few thoughts were telling him to crawl into the bed with Kurama. But he couldn't, not yet. He would have to wait a little. His fox wasn't well, and he needed rest. And besides, he needed to check on Ryou. He promised Kurama to watch over him. And that's what he was going to do…
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Thanks for Reading! ^_^