Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Games and Endings ( Chapter 38 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 39: Games and Endings
 
Kurama dashed through the forest. It didn't take long for him to get tired, though. He hadn't run in almost forever it seemed. But still, he forced himself onward. He knew that, by now, Karasu must have found out that he had left.
Kurama dodged another tree gracefully as he thought this. He had to keep going. There had to be a way back into Spirit World or at least the Human World.
Finally, Kurama had to slow down and stop to catch breath. He knelt down on the ground and breathed long and hard for a few moments, until he felt a presence behind him.
Kurama turned around swiftly. So fast that he ended up falling backwards and staring up to the dark figure that loomed over him.
“Karasu!” Gasped Kurama.
Karasu smiled and let out a small chuckle.
“What were you doing, fox?”
Kurama just growled. He didn't even want to answer Karasu.
“Oh…I think I know what you were doing. You want to play, don't you, darling?”
Kurama was a bit dumbfounded for a moment. He knew that Karasu knew that he was trying to get away, so why was he acted like he didn't? Maybe he didn't want to realize it?
“Wha-,”
“You don't have to give an excuse, love. Let's play some `hide and go seek,' why don't we. If you win, I'll let you go. But if I win…then I get to have something special, don't I?”
Kurama was very confused now.
“I'm give you a minuet head start,”
“But, wait!”
“Sixty, fifty-nine, fifty-eight…”
Kurama couldn't waste anymore time. So without another thought, he darted out into the woods. He ran as hard as he could with his already sore legs. His breathing soon got ragged and his eyes water from the cold night air.
Finally he found somewhere to hide. There was a very large tree that was hollowed out. The tree looked like it had fallen quite a long time ago because there were signs of decay on it. Kurama darted towards it and crawled in. He sat down and tried to regain his breathing. After what seemed like an eternity, his breath once again came normally.
He let out a quite sigh and leaned against the curved wood of the tree. The cold wood somehow calmed him down.
A few hours passed and he had heard nothing. Was it safe to go out?
Kurama slowly peered out of the log. Everything was quiet and normal. There was no trace that Karasu came this way.
“Maybe he left?” Thought Kurama as he started out of the log.
But right when he was halfway out he felt someone grab him around the waist and pull him on top of the log.
“Found you,” whispered Karasu while bringing Kurama against his chest.
Kurama let out a gasp of surprise and tried to get off the log, but to no use. Karasu turned him around to face him.
“And since I win I guess I should claim my prize, shouldn't I Kurama?”
Karasu got off the log and brought Kurama with him.
“And guess what I want, Kurama,”
Kurama started to back, but then he backed into a tree had no place to go.
“I-I don't know,”
“Well, how about I show you then,”
“I…I don't know,”
“Close your eyes now,”
“Certainly not! Don't even think that I will,”
“Okay, fine. Then I'll just bring you back to my room and you can spend the rest of the night with me,”
Kurama growled, but then closed his eyes. He really didn't want to go back there again.
“Fine, what do you want?”
“Hmm…let me see. I think I would very much enjoy a kiss, if you don't mind,”
Kurama was a bit shocked when he heard this, but then he remembered it was Karasu he was talking to.
“Karasu…anything else, please?”
“Anything?” Asked Karasu cocking an eyebrow.
“Wait, no. Let me re-phrase that, nothing deeper then a kiss either,”
“You know you're no fun, don't you?”
“Why, yes. Yes I do,” Smiled Kurama.
Kurama quickly let the smile fade from his lips. He didn't want to act like he was enjoying this conversation.
“Ok fine, have it your way. Then I would wish for you to stay in my room tonight,”
“Karasu…” moaned Kurama.
“What? It can't be that bad for you. I'm sure you'll get used to it, anyway,”
Kurama didn't like the sound of that. What did he mean by I'm sure you'll get used to it, anyway?”
“Okay,” said Kurama with a sigh.
“But…while we're out here, why don't we walk around a bit. It's truly a beautiful night tonight, almost more attractive then you,”
Before Kurama had time to say something back, he felt Karasu wrap his arm around his waist and pull him closer. Karasu then forced Kurama to lean against him, and after a few moments of struggling, he did.
 
Meanwhile in Spirit World********************************************
 
“This isn't working, Koenma. We have to try a different approach,” said a very frustrated Hiei.
“I know, I know,” said Koenma nervously while backing off a bit towards the wall. “But what else can we do?”
“I'm going to go look for him myself. I don't think I can stand Kuwabara one more minuet. And I want to go alone, without the others,” he growled.
Konema let out a sigh of worry. He didn't really like the idea of letting Hiei go into the Demon World by himself. He knew he could defend himself, but he was a very important part of the team. With Kurama gone it was hard enough, but without Hiei it was nearly hopeless. But it seemed that he was not going to take no for an answer. He could easy tell that he was a bit upset that Kurama wasn't responding to the letters also. He was even a bit afraid of what Hiei would do once he did find Kurama.
“Fine…I give you permission to go, Hiei. But listen, I want you to be careful, I can't lose another part of the team,”
“Hn,”
Hiei turned around and headed towards the door. He knew how to get to the Demon World quite easily. He often sunk out there to train without asking Koenma. It was sometimes pathetic on how much lack of security there was in some places. It was no wonder so many demons escaped to the Human World. But why any demon would want to go to the Human World was beyond him. All that was here was a large amount of weak feeble-minded humans and nothing more.
Before Hiei knew it he was once again in the Demon World. He was in some sort of forest it looked like. It was very thick and green. It also had a very large range of plants growing. It sort of reminded him of Kurama. Where was he going to look? It was true; there was almost no way to scan though the whole Demon World. There were a lot of placed that were hidden with wards and spells. But standing here was getting him nowhere. So with that thought, he started onwards.
***************************************************************** *******
 
“Where are you taking me, Karasu?” Said Kurama.
“You'll see soon enough, love,”
Karasu continued to drag Kurama through the woods. Kurama staggered on behind him as fast as he could. His legs were getting really sore now. It felt that at any moment they would give out. But still, he went on along with Karasu. But soon Karasu realized how tired Kurama was.
“Would you like for me to carry you, love? You look a bit weary,”
“No, I'm fine,” panted Kurama.
“No you are not, Kurama,”
With that said, Karasu walked up to Kurama. Kurama tried to back away, but only ended up stumbling over his worn-out legs. He landed on the ground with a `thug' and closed his eyes tightly. He rubbed his back wearily and opened his eyes slowly to see that Karasu had knelt down on the ground with him. He heard Karasu quietly laugh. Kurama growled when he heard this, he did not like to be laughed at. But the quiet chortle soon ended and he felt two arms wrap around him and lift him up.
“Is this better, itooshi?”
“I was fine before,”
“Don't lie to me. You were not,”
“You don't know that,”
“Yes I do,”
“Karasu…” Groaned Kurama.
“Oh Kurama don't get angry now. We're almost there,”
Kurama unconsciously nodded. He soon started to fall in and out of sleep. It didn't take long for him to fall into a deep sleep. It annoyed him that he no longer felt uncomfortable when Karasu touched or held him. But in a way he couldn't help it. He was starting to feel that Karasu truly cared for him…maybe a bit too much. And where was he taking him anyway?
After a while he vaguely felt himself being lowered to the ground. Then he felt someone sit beside him and put an arm around him and pull him close. Kurama, unknowingly, laid his head against the persons shoulder. But soon he felt someone shaking him softly. Kurama's eyes slowly fluttered open to reveal two beautiful green eyes. At fist he was a bit confused of where he was, but then he remembered that Karasu had taken him for a walk. How long have they been walking? Kurama then saw a sun rising above a horizon of trees. It was day already? That means Karasu must have walked all night.
Kurama snapped awake and looked towards the person who was holding him. He looked towards Karasu. Karasu didn't look one bit tired. Instead he looked wide-awake. Kurama starred at him in shock, but Karasu just smiled back. Then he gestured Kurama to look ahead. And he did. What he saw shocked him even more. They were on some kind of ledge, a very high one at that.
“Karasu! W-Where are we?” Said Kurama while trying to get up.
“Shh…Kurama. Lay back down. I know you're still tired,”
“No…I'm not tired anymore, but why aren't you?”
“Let's just say I don't get tired easily,”
Kurama then struggled to get up. Once Karasu noticed this he immediately helped him on to his feet. After Kurama was fully up and could hold his balance by himself, he walked over to the edge of the cliff. He looked down nervously and then jumped back. It was now that he realized that they were very high up, indeed. Kurama didn't notice that he had practically jumped right into Karasu's arms. Kurama cautiously peered over the edge again, but this time Karasu wanted to play a little joke. He gave Kurama a light push towards the edge that almost made him fall off. Kurama let out a small squeak and grabbed Karasu and held him tight. Karasu couldn't help but laugh a little.
“Scared of heights, are we?”
“No,” said Kurama stubbornly.
“Oh really?” Said Karasu with a grin. A grin Kurama didn't like at all.
Kurama started to back away with worry, but not fast enough. Karasu swiftly grabbed Kurama under the arms. Kurama closed his eyes tightly when he felt Karasu carry him. Soon Kurama opened his eyes, but when he did he wished he hadn't. He was hanging off the cliff with only Karasu holding his arms to keep him from falling. Kurama looked down and felt sick, he'd never been this high before. He then looked up to Karasu, who was grinning very widely.
“P-put me down,” said Kurama while trying to swallow the lump in his throat.
“Why should I? Since you're not afraid of heights,”
“Please Karasu…I'm…scared,”
Right when those words hit Karasu he felt a pang of guilt. How could be do this to his fox? Frighten him the way he was doing now. Making him admit to his weakness. He had made a promise not only with Kurama but also with himself that he would never harm the kitsune again. He couldn't go back on that, he wouldn't. So he slowly pulled Kurama up, trying his best not to cause any farther hurt. Once Kurama was on the flat ground again Karasu lifted him up to his lap and rocked him back and forth, trying to soothe him. Soon Karasu realized that Kurama was shaking quite a bit…this wasn't good.
“Kurama? Kurama, I'm sorry. That was a nasty thing for me to do to you. Please stop shaking like that,” he whispered.
After a few moments, Kurama finally did stop and once again relaxed and laid into Karasu's chest. Kurama starred straight ahead blankly, not wanting to look at Karasu.
“Forgive me, Kurama. Please?” Whispered Karasu in Kurama's ear.
“Only if you let me talk to Ryou without anyone interrupting,” said Kurama with a bit up a shake in his calm voice.
“Anything…”
Kurama smiled and laid back against Karasu. He had to admit that he'd been putting this off for quite a while now. Almost three days. He just had to tell Ryou.
Kurama laid against Karasu for quite a while. He remembered the sun reaching back down to the horizon. Soon everything darkened. The winter nights seemed to be approaching. Was it night already? It seemed to go so fast. And Kurama couldn't even really remember what they talked about. But despite the fact he was oblivious to what they were talking about he nodded every now and then.
Soon they both stopped talking. Everything was completely silent. So quiet it made the world seem frozen in time. Karasu glanced down at the fox in his arms. His fox. Was Kurama really starting to warm up to him? It seems so. And to think that such a short time ago they were against each other. But that is now in the past and there it should stay.
Suddenly a sharp frozen wind blew. Kurama cringed and huddled closer to Karasu. Karasu put his arms around him tighter. He should probably head back now. So he got up off the ground while still holding Kurama and headed off back into the woods. Back to their home.
 
Meanwhile with Ryou:
Ryou stopped in the hall and panted. He had been looking all over for Kurama all day, but there was no sign of him anywhere. Well…maybe he didn't look everywhere, but he looked as hard as he could. Where could he have gone? Then a thought hit Ryou. Maybe he left? Oh no. He couldn't have…could he?
“No, Kurama wouldn't do something like that,” said Ryou out loud. He was a bit ashamed to even think such a thought.
Ryou leaned against a wall and slide down in and sat on the ground for a while. He looked out the rather large hall window he was near. It was now completely dark out, expect for the bright light of the moon that shined down through the window and onto the smooth marble floor. The tall trees made shadows on the floor. Ryou was only on the third floor right now. He had gone up higher to look for Kurama, about twenty-three floors if he was correct.
He shivered and pulled his knees closer to him when he heard the howls of wind outside. They almost echoed in the large hall. He closed tight and tried not to listen. The harsh sounds of wind had always scared him. And it wasn't only getting darker outside, it was getting darker inside as well. He didn't want to be alone here, not at all.
Then suddenly bright torches on the wall lit up with flames one by one. Ryou heard the sound of flames and opened his eyes slowly. To his surprise, all the candles and torches in the immense hall were lit up. They all flickered brightly and illuminated everything. Ryou slowly gained the feeling in his legs and managed to stand up. He looked around the hall in wonder. How did all those lights turn so quickly?
Ryou walked around a little bit, looking at the torches and trying to figure out what had just happened. He could have sworn that he had heard someone chuckle behind him. Like the person was amused with his wonder. But when he turned around nothing was there. Ryou shrugged it off and kept on walking. The last thing he needed was to hear voices…well…er…besides his Yami, anyways.
Soon Ryou heard a door open. He looked toward the place where the sound came from. The `clank' sound of the door echoed throughout the halls. Ryou slowly started walking towards the staircase to go down.
“Maybe it's Kurama,” thought Ryou hopefully.
Then something else popped into his mind. Maybe it isn't Kurama. What if it's someone else? But then who would want to come in here and why? He remember that it took Kurama a while to get that guy named Jin to even come past the gates.
 
Meanwhile with Karasu and Kurama:
Karasu opened the door slowly and walked in. A few small candles that lined the walls illuminated the stairs leading upward. After a moment of walking Karasu was on the first floor. He looked down at Kurama again. He was asleep. He must have fallen asleep on the walk back. Or maybe he was already asleep when they left? Then Karasu heard footsteps coming down a flight of stairs slowly. He could identify them as Ryou's. He couldn't let him see Kurama like this. There was nothing wrong with him, but he knew that Kurama didn't want Ryou it see him being cared for in such a way by Karasu. So quickly, Karasu opened a door and went in. When he was in, he saw that it was a living room of some sort. He felt a bit embarrassed fir not knowing all the rooms, but there are probably thousands.
He walked over to a couch and laid Kurama down on it. Kurama let out a sleepily sigh and snuggled against the soft cushions. Karasu smiled and walked to the back of the room. And then found what he was looking for, a blanket. He tucked Kurama in with it and ran his fingers through Kurama's red hair. Then he once again grinned, but this time he lent forward and gave Kurama a light kiss on the cheek. Kurama gave a faint smile and softly yawned.
“Sleep tight, my itooshi,”
 
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Thank you for the reviews! ^_^
And thanks for reading!