Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Runaway ( Chapter 48 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 49: Runaway
 
Kurama awoke that morning with sunlight shining in his face. He gingerly rubbed his eyes and got up off the floor and looked at Ryou. He had slept there just to make sure nothing happened to Ryou. After what had happened last night, he didn't know if he could even let Ryou be alone. Then suddenly Kurama felt a presence by the window. He turned around quickly, wanting to see if it was maybe the person who visited Ryou. When the window was completely in his view he was Hiei sitting on the sill of the window. Kurama let out a sigh of relief and walked towards the window with a smile.
“Did it really take you that long to notice me, or were you just pretending to not notice?”
“Hah, sorry, Hiei. I have a lot of things on my mind and-,”
Suddenly a thought came into Kurama's mind. Maybe it was Hiei who told him! Could it be?
“Hiei, did you come here last night?”
“No. Why would I?”
“I…because someone came here last night and…told Ryou about…you know,”
“And you think it was me?”
“Wait, no, no. You're right. You wouldn't do that. I'm sorry for accusing you, Hiei. There have been a lot of things on my mind and I'm not quite thinking straight,”
“Things? Such as what?”
“Well for starters: Ryou is sick. I have just told him about his past, a bit, anyways. And someone came last night to tell Ryou about his past…and I don't know who,”
“I see. And did you ask Ryou what the person looked like?”
“No…no, I didn't. I didn't even think of that,”
“Well then I guess you aren't thinking straight,”
“Yes, I know. But…who do think came last night?”
“I can't be certain…could have been a lot of people,”
“What do you mean?”
“You had many enemies as Youko, didn't you?”
“Well…er…yes. Yes I did,”
“Wouldn't they want to get back at you in a way? And this would be perfect, they know how much Ryou means to you,”
Kurama sighed. It was true. That would be the perfect way to get back at him. It was known by many that he cared for Ryou.
“I guess I know what you mean, Hiei,”
“Hn,”
“So, why are you here, anyways?”
“Because…I was just coming to check on Ryou,”
“Oh, ok. Well, he's going good ever since I gave him the medicine Karasu gave to me,”
“Karasu? He was here? When?”
“Yes, he was here yesterday. I…er…was in need of his help,”
“I see,”
“Yes, and how has it been on finding the new threat?”
“Not so good. Nothing unusual happening so far,”
“Well, that must be both a good thing and a bad thing, I guess,” said Kurama with a chuckle.
“Yeah, I guess you could say that,”
“So…where are the guys?”
“Them? Probably still at the arcade or skipping school,” said Hiei casually.
Kurama tried to suppress a chuckle, but failed.
“What's so funny?”
“Nothing, Hiei. Nothing at all,”
 
With Bakura*******************************************************
 
Yomi had left the room. Bakura was sitting on his bed trying to not have a fit. Yomi had left an hour ago without telling him where he was going or when he would get back. What was he supposed to do with that time? Watch the clouds pass? What the grass grow outside? Yeah, right! Bakura didn't care how sick he felt, he was going to go find him…or at least try to get out. Bakura got up from the bed and walked…er…limped to the door. Once he was about to open it the door opened by its self. Bakura took a step back and looked at the person who was coming through the door. Once the door was completely opened he saw that it was…a girl? Who the heck?
“Who are you?”
“I'm Layla, a servant here. I am supposed to come check on you and see if you're okay, and it seems you are since you're out of bed. But you really should stay in bed, from what I hear you are not well at all,”
“Stay in bed? I will not! Now…if you know what's good for you, you'll show me the way out and be a good little girl, understand?”
“I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to do that. It's strictly forbidden. But…I guess you may wander the halls if you wish. King Yomi is not to be back for a while,”
“Oh? And why is that?”
“It's none of your business, I believe. Now-,”
“None of my business?! He's the person who brought me here! I think it is my business!”
“Think what you wish. Now if you are hungry you may follow me, or you can have it in your room, if you want,”
“I'm not hungry,” lied Bakura.
“Very well. You may spend the rest of your day as you wish, but you must stay on the grounds. That means you can go outside, but if you are caught trying to get out you will be punished,”
“I already have been,” murmured Bakura.
“Then let's hope you've learnt your lesson and will not make the same mistake again,”
“I will if I want!”
“Hn, you're stubborn. But that's okay, that's how he likes them, I assume,”
“He? I don't understand,” Then Bakura understood what she was saying when a sly grin made its way onto her face. “What are you talking about!?”
“Don't tell me you're that naïve. You know how he feels towards you,”
“Wha? I don't know anything! No one has been telling me anything! What? Am I supposed to get this all by myself,”
“Well…yes. But you might be a little slow, but that's okay. You'll figure it all out soon,” and with that said she left the room.
Bakura stood there for a few moments. He then left the room to look around. He had to get back to the gate. Where there was a gate there was a way out of it, he just needed to find it. And he would have to be much more careful then he was before.
He went through many winding and twisting halls, but after politely asking a few servants, he made his way out. He once again saw the gate. But he had to slow down a bit, he still wasn't feeling well yet and he had walked a lot that morning. So he slowly walked over to the gate, careful not to touch in. It was strange, when he was next to it, it looked harmless, but he knew better. He scanned the fence, looking for a part that might look weaker. And after walking quite a bit, he found it. There was a small break in the fence at the bottom, but it was quite small.
He really wasn't sure he would fit under the fence. It would really be horrible if he got stuck under there, but he needed to get out. So he laid down on the ground and slowly put his feet under the fence. He inched his way a bit farther. After a while he was half done. He sucked in his chest to get under even more. Soon his face was right under the gate. He looked up to the sharp points of the fence that were so close to his face he could almost feel them grazing his skin. He closed his eyes tightly and pulled out all the way. He was out! He was on the other side of the fence! Now he just had to find Ryou…but how? He was in another realm, but there was a way, he just needed to find it.
Then he thought of something. He could use his ring to get him to Ryou, which could work. Bakura concentrated hard for a few moments, but nothing happened. Why wasn't it working? It had always worked before. It had to work! He was his Hikari! But then Bakura remembered that Ryou was probably sick as well, that meant that he would not be able to use the ring to get to Ryou! Could things get any worst?! Wait…he shouldn't think that. He knew that things could always get worst. He thought things couldn't get worst once his village was burned down, that's when he got sealed into the millennium ring, talk about bad luck.
So without another thought, Bakura started off into the woods. He could maybe look for Karasu. He would probably be able to get him back to the Human World, since he is a Lord of the Demon World. He would ask Yomi, but it didn't seem very likely that he would let him go.
Bakura walked through the woods for what seemed like hours. He sort of felt bad for leaving; he knew that the servants were sure to be punished, but what could he do? There was no way he was staying there for another day. Then suddenly Bakura came to a large cave. Bakura curiously peered inside of it. Perhaps there was someone in it that would know which way Karasu was.
Bakura entered the cave and looked around. There seemed to be a small light coming from farther into the cave. Bakura made up his mind and started following it. Soon he came to the end of the cave. He was now in a very large room with a fire in the middle of it. In the large room were tunnels that led to other places; which one should he choose to go down? Well, it would be helpful if he was able to use his Ring to help him decide, but he did not have that option at the moment. So he chose the fifth tunnel, perhaps it was to lead to something useful.
He followed that tunnel for a while; it was quite long. Then he slowly approached the end of the tunnel. He heard voices coming from the room. He crept the nearest he could and listened:
“What should we do next in our plan?”
“I-,”
Suddenly one of them stopped talking abruptly. Bakura heard one of them get up.
“I smell…human flesh,”
Bakura bit his lip and held his breath.
“Really? Where?”
“Close,”
Bakura heard one of the demons walk towards him. But he did not run. He knew that it was probably faster then him; he would have to face it head on. Bakura took a step back as he saw the creature walk before him. The demon looked human-ish and had light blue hair that was tied back and hard violet eyes.
“My, my. What do we have here? A lost human?”
“Yes, I do appear to be lost,”
“Then come right this way. I'll help you,” he said with a chuckle.
Bakura mentally swore. He would have to listen. Maybe if he acted polite he might get away. So he followed the demon into the cave-ish room. He then saw the other demon. This demon had dark brown hair that was also tied back and his eyes were a pale blue, like ice. The demon offered Bakura a seat, and he took it politely.
“So what is this? A human?” Said the other demon.
“Yes, it looks like one has stumbled upon our cave. Now, what is you're name, child?”
Bakura mentally twitched at the name “child,” but answered anyways. “Bakura, my name is Bakura, and what is yours? I don't mind if you don't wish to tell, it's really none of my business,” said Bakura with a fake shyness while looking at the ground, but the others had no idea that it was false.
“Haha, that's okay Bakura. I would be glad to tell you my name. It's Kitsochi. And my friends name is Ukai. You don't need to be shy around us, I'm sure we'll become very good friends,” said the one with the blue hair with a grin.
Bakura mimicked Ryou's smile and laugh. He was getting good at this now. Now, how exactly would he be able to ask him where Karasu was, without it looking like he wanted to go there? There was probably no way that would make him seem unsuspicious, so he would just say it.
“So…umm…I've heard a lot about a man named Karasu. By any chance would you know where to find him?”
“Why would you want to go there?” Questioned Ukai with distrust.
“Because…I want to get back to the Human World but I don't know how,” said Bakura, giving up the whole act on being oblivious to where he was.
“Why don't you stay with us for a while. We could maybe play a few games,”
“No, no, no. I just couldn't! You two seem like you're very busy. I wouldn't want to get in the way. And I should probably be going now-,”
“Get in the way? Nonsense. I insist that you stay for a while,”
Then something came to Ukai's mind. To make the potion that they needed to win the fight they were having against another tribe, they needed human blood! How convenient it was for a moral to walk right into their cave. But he knew that he would probably not give in willingly. Ukai mentally reminded his friend, he thought the same of the matter. That meant they would have to take it by force, and they wouldn't mind. Grins passed over their faces, and Bakura didn't like the look of it.
“Um…did something funny just happen? Well, like I was saying, I should go -,”
Bakura swiftly turned for the exit as he said that, but was not fast enough. Ukai grabbed him by the scruff of his collar and pulled him back. Bakura fought and struggled violently, but his sickness soon overcame him and he could fight no more.
“Now, you can not leave until you've paid a certain…price for entering,”
“What price would that be?”
“Just a bit of your blood is all. It shouldn't hurt that much for you,”
Bakura was taken aback on what he had just heard. Were they really going to do such a thing? Then he remembered that they are demons. He should have been more careful. But what would they do if he refused?
“And if I refuse?” Asked Bakura in his normal raspy voice..
“We really don't care. We don't mind taking it by force,”
Suddenly Bakura felt both of them grab one of his arms. Bakura tried to fight as he felt chains being tightly wrapped around his wrists. He felt himself fall into sleep.
It wasn't long until he awoke. But when he did he wished he had stayed sleeping. Both his arms were bound tightly to the wall of the cave and so were his legs.
“What do you want with me, fool?” Asked Bakura. He was giving up on the whole “act like Ryou and you won't be dead” act.
“Like we said before, we need some of your blood,”
“Wha? Why?”
“None of your concern. You're lucky that we're thinking about letting you live, if you cooperate, that is,”
“Never,”
“Then it will just hurt more,”
Ukai took out a long blade a held it before him. It shined in the light of the fire and you could see faint bloodstains on it. He then walked up to him and rolled up Bakura's sleeves. He took the blade to the top of his arm and carefully applied pressure. Then in one swift movement the blade was in his arm. Bakura let out an unwanted cry of pain as he felt the sword being pulled out slowly. He heard something that sounded like “tink, tink” and looked down. He saw his blood start dripping into a metal bucket. It was quite large.
“Am I supposed to fill all of it,” said Bakura wearily.
“Why yes you are. But don't worry. We're not going to take it all in one cutting. We have to be gentle with you because you're mortal,”
Bakura bit back another cry as he felt him push the blade back into him and this time he started to slowly turn it. Bakura heard more blood start to drip into the bucket. He thoughts became cloudy. It wasn't long until he felt himself slip away. But right before he did he thought he saw someone in back of Ukai. Yomi?
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Thanks for the review! ^_^
And thank you for reading!
(oh, and sorry I've been spelling minute wrong for the last…eh…48 chapters, heh heh, oops >_<, guess my computer never picked that up)