Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Through ❯ Another Day ( Chapter 49 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 50: Another Day
 
Kurama and Hiei talked for a bit longer and then Hiei left. Kurama stood by the door and waved to him cheerily as he left. After Hiei was completely gone, Kurama went inside and closed the door. Kurama then went back upstairs to Ryou. Ryou was laying motionless on the bed, he was sleeping. Kurama slowly went and sat down next to him. Kurama sitting on the bed woke Ryou up a bit. Ryou rubbed his eyes cutely and looked up to Kurama with those brown eyes. Kurama just had to smile.
“K…Kurama?”
“Yes Ryou?”
“I don't have those nightmares anymore,”
Kurama smiled. He knew it was a good thing that he told Ryou. The nightmares were Ryou's past haunting him and calling out. Ryou would no longer be haunted, he knew now. Well…he knew enough for time being. He didn't need to know anything else right now.
“That's good, Ryou. I'm glad,” said Kurama with a smile while helping Ryou to sit up.
Then a wave of worry passed over Kurama's face. He still didn't know who had come that night. He would have to ask Ryou. But even if he did, would he still remember him? Ryou noticed this abrupt change in Kurama's expressions.
“What's wrong, Kurama?”
Kurama sighed. “Ryou. Did anyone come here last night?”
A look of dread and shock passed Ryou's face. “Y-yes,”
Kurama bit his lip. “Would you mind talking about it?”
Ryou thought for a `minute.' “I-I really don't want to…but it you w-want me to I will,”
“That's good, because I want you to. What did this person look like?”
“I…well…I-I didn't see him that good, it was dark,”
“That's okay. Do you want to tell me what he said to you?”
“N-no!” Said Ryou while shaking his head violently. “I really don't want to!”
Kurama felt horrible for a moment. He didn't want to do this to Ryou. He knew that Ryou wanted to forget it and he was just making him remember it more, but he had to know. So Kurama gently took Ryou up in his arms and calmed him down.
“Can you please tell me? You don't have to give any details if you don't want to, but you have to tell me, Ryou,”
“Yes, K-Kurama,”
So Ryou gave a short summary of what happened. When he was done he stared blankly at his blankets.
“He touched him?!” Kurama yelled in his mind. He felt his Youko-self rising, but settled himself back down. No one was to touch Ryou, especially someone he didn't even know.
“I know that was hard for you, but it was for the best that you talk about it. It will help, I promise,” said Kurama in his calm voice while taking Ryou's hands in his own.
 
With Bakura*************************************************************
 
“Ohhh, my head…it hurts,” groaned Bakura.
Bakura opened his eyes slowly and looked around. He saw that he was back in his room. He looked to his arm and noticed that it was bandaged up completely. He then saw Yomi sitting next to his bed. Bakura let out a low growl. But then he noticed that Yomi was actually…upset with him? Wow, the first time he wasn't laughing at him or being amused with him.
“Well, looks like someone has finally woken up,”
“Yeah,” grumbled Bakura. “What…what happened again?”
“Let's see then. You deliberately disobeyed my command, Bakura. Now do you mind telling me why?”
“I'd be glad to. I told you I want to leave, and therefore, I did,”
“That wasn't very smart, was it now?”
“What else could I do? It's not like I am going to just stay here and not do anything!”
“Why not?”
“Because I don't want to,” growled Bakura.
“If you're going to talk like a child, then I'll treat you like one. You are no longer allowed to wander the halls or grounds without being watched carefully,”
Bakura growled. This wasn't helping anything. He mentally threw a fit in his mind and glared at his captor.
Why do you even want me here!? You should be busy enough! Now…why don't you do the sensible thing and let me leave in peace?”
Yomi chuckled. “You were lost for about two hours and you almost died. Do you really want to leave?”
“Two hours? It's seemed longer. And you have no proof they were going to kill me afterwards!”
“You're right. They would probably have fun with you first and then sell you. I'm sure you'd be worth a lot, many demons would be happy to take you,”
Bakura twitched at the last thing he said. As much as he didn't want to believe it, he knew that he was probably right.
“I guess they don't have people like that in the Human World-,”
“Shut up! There are people like that there too!” yelled Bakura furiously.
“Hush, Bakura. You're still sick and tired. Lay down,”
Bakura crossed his arms stubbornly and refused. There was no way he was listening. If he was going to treat him like a child, he might as well act like one. He knew it would do nothing really, but he just wanted to give him a hard time. But Yomi didn't really care. If Bakura wasn't going to lie down, he would have it make him. Bakura quickly caught on.
“If you touch me I swear I'll-,”
It was too late. He had already pushed him into a laying position. Bakura growled and turned on his side. But then let out a yelp of pain. He had turned onto his hurt arm. He felt a jolt of pain run through it and then warm liquid come out of it. Bakura groaned and turned back onto his back where he saw Yomi laughing at him.
“What's so funny?!”
“You are. You're so weak,”
That set Bakura off. Did someone just call him weak? The King of (human) Thieves weak? Never in all him years (which is a very long time, mind you) was he called weak! He was called cruel, yes, evil, yes, psychotic, yes, but weak? Never! Bakura socked him in the face and got up off the bed. It didn't take him long to see that he didn't really affect Yomi all too much, he was just amusing him more. Bakura growled, but then wobbled wearily and fell backwards onto the ground. He could now hear Yomi laughing at him.
“Shut up, fool! The heck is wrong with you!?” Yelled Bakura furiously.
Yomi got up from his chair and walked over to help Bakura up. But Bakura didn't look like he wanted any help. He narrowed his eyes and glared at him as he came closer. When he got next to him, Bakura kicked and hit to get away from him, but to no use. It wouldn't surprise him if he didn't even notice.
He put Bakura back into bed and then sat back in his chair again. Bakura held in a yell of anger. He clenched his fists and glared at the man...er…demon, sitting by him. But he soon came up with a question.
“What did you do to those demons?”
“Killed them, why do you ask?”
“I was curious…” said Bakura while casting his gaze downwards.
“Are upset with that? Would you had liked it if I let them live?”
“Why would I care?”
“Well, you were looking a bit saddened a minute ago, and I was wondering if I had caused it,”
“No, no,” sighed Bakura. “I…I'm just tired I guess,”
The real reason why he was upset was because just thinking of killing made him remember his old village. He didn't know why, either. He had done his fair share of murders and he never felt this way, which was for sure. Maybe it was just because he has been away from Ryou too long. Ryou was usually the one who would worry and be saddened by such events. Not Bakura, no way.
“Then I suggest you to get some rest,”
“Very well,” said Bakura. He didn't want to fight right now, and that was really an odd turn of events for him. But Yomi didn't mind either, though he was mildly surprised.
Bakura turned his back on Yomi and laid down, this time he was careful of his arm. He quietly waited for his to leave the room, but he did not. Bakura waited a little long, but still, he did nothing. Soon Bakura got tired of waiting and turned to him.
“What are you waiting for?! You can leave now! Can't you see I'm asleep!?” Yelled Bakura.
“Like I said, I'm not letting you be alone anymore. I don't think I can trust you. You might try to run off again. Don't think that I don't know you, Bakura,”
“Due to the fact that you've known me for about three days doesn't tell me much,”
“Well, I do know a lot about you, Bakura,”
“Prove it,” dared Bakura.
“I know about your village being destroyed-,”
“What?! How do you know that!?”
“Bakura…I know more then you can imagine about you. I've been looking into you for a long time, but never did I think that you would stumble upon this world. I guess that makes me lucky,”
“Yeah…lucky…whatever,”
“Now, now, let not get grumpy again, Koi,”
“What did you call me?!” Yelled Bakura furiously.
“Koi, why do you ask?”
“I'm not your Koi!”
“Whose to say you aren't?”
“I do!”
“You don't count, of course,”
“What?! Well, then that's not fair! Of course I count!”
“Why should you?”
Because I'm the subject of what you are talking about,”
“So? And I'm a King of this realm of which you are in,”
“Oh shut up. You always use that as an excuse!”
Yomi smiled. It was rather fun watching Bakura get so upset. It was true that he was very easy to anger. Bakura didn't find this amusing though. Bakura laid down again with an angry pout. But within mere minutes he was asleep again, against his will…
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Thanks for the Review!
And thanks for reading! ^_^