Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Open Doors ❯ Lunch, a Race, and a Mission ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Open Doors

Part 4: Lunch, A Race, and a Mission

Malik was really starting to hate his life right now. Why? Because! First he lost a game and got transported to a different dimension or world. Then now he had some jealous inu on his case. Plus they told him he had to take classes. He was tutored and was already seventeen, which is graduating! He already took the necessary lessons for high school. He just figured that they all must be seventeen and are still in high school. He bluntly refused because he didn't want to spend another year in the goddamn prison. He swore aliens were the ones who founded the organization called School. Plus he had a little argument with the foxy redhead about school. He eventually lost the argument and was being forced to go because of one thing.

He gets to kick demon ass!

Koenma said if he wanted he could help the four on missions.

Right now he was bored out of his mind. The teacher kept droning about history, Egyptian history! All of it so completely wrong. He felt like taking over the teacher's mind and actually teaching the class real history. But then Kurama was in the class. The foxy redhead might report abusing the privilege of being in school. He figured Ryou and him could get along or rather Bakura if the fox was in the mood to steal something or cause some mischief.

"Ishtar-kun!" The teacher yelled at him, snapping out of his dreams of conquering the class.

"What?!" Malik shouted back.

"Please pay attention. I know you are new but that doesn't excuse you to not pay attention."

"For the love of Ra! You can't teach history. Your information is all wrong."

"How would you know?"

"I'm Egyptian. And I know a lot more shit here than in those worthless textbooks. The pharaoh would frown at such poor information if he were here right now."

"Stand in the hall Ishtar!"

"Glad to. I've been needing an excuse to get out of this class anyways." Malik stood and walked out. He locked eyes with Kurama and flashed him a grin.

"The principal's office, Ishtar."

"Even better, maybe I could convince him to get a new history teacher that knows some real history. I think my sister would suffice."

The class laughed, as did Kurama. He had to agree with the blond-haired Egyptian. The teacher was bad at teaching history. Now he wished he was in Malik's shoes. It would be great to get out for a while. Plus he had to keep an eye on Malik. He knew the blond had something planned. Just as he suspected the speaker came on a few minutes later.

"Minamino Shuuichi your mother is here to pick you up for an appointment."

Kurama, thanking all deities, packed his stuff and left. But then he remembered that he didn't have any appointments. He raised an eyebrow questioningly at the blond as he reached the office. Malik smirked as he saw him and pulled out the keys in his pocket.

"There you are honey. C'mon it's time for your appointment at the café."

"Café?" Kurama questioned.

"Yes, now lets not waste time." Malik said grabbing him and preceded to run pass the school gates to his motorcycle.

They stopped as soon as they saw a gang surrounding his ride. Oh Ra, were they going to get it.

"What the hell do you guys think you're doing?" Malik asked coldly, glaring at them.

"Where's my brother?" the guy sitting on the bike, said.

"Oh you mean that fool who crossed my path a few days ago, right? Yeah I remember him. He should be at the mental hospital right now screaming 'mommy'. Now can you please get off before I send your ass to the same institute or physically injure you? I've got to drop off my luggage." Malik said pointing at Kurama who huffed, offended for being referred to as 'luggage'.

"Make us," the man challenged. Malik loved challenges. He smirked.

"Fine then, I will."

Malik then charged at them punching the first guy that was in front of him. He then moved to the next person until the ones that were around him were down and out. He then leaned back on his bike and placed his foot on the back of the one trying to get up again.

"Give up blondie or your girlfriend here gets it," one of the guys that he missed said as he pointed a knife towards Kurama's throat as he held him securely. Kurama could easily get out but where would be the fun in that?

Malik just smirked as he thought of something.

"Why should I? You'll be down before you could even kill 'her'." Malik said pointing behind him. The guy looked clueless.

"Woops my bad, I meant look behind you."

The guy turned to look behind him. What met him was a fist that knocked him over making his grip on Kurama loosen and the knife to fall from his hands. He was now knocked out.

"You're late Malik," Yuusuke said after wiping some blood that got on his hands.

"Ah, sorry. I ran into trouble. But since you're here I guess you could pick up your package now," Malik answered. He was obviously referring to his 'luggage'.

"I'm a package now? Next thing I know, I'm going to be called a sack of potatoes." Kurama complained.

"How'd you ever guess?" As soon as Malik said that Kurama gave an uncharacteristic screech. He was lifted off the ground and hoisted over Yuusuke's shoulder.

"Now you're a sack of potatoes. Hey don't get caught kids." Malik called out to them as Yuusuke began walking away.

"I'll get the both of you for this!" Kurama yelled out as some form of revenge.

Malik sighed.

Now what to do…

* * *

In the Ishtar house…

Ryou was sleeping. He was tired for staying up three nights straight. He was sure that Isis would understand, because without his rest, he can't do anything. He left a pendant hovering over a map while he rested. It'll just drop when it tracked Malik down when he uses his shadow magic. It was the easiest way. Other maps similar to the one in the center were also laid out. In case Malik was in another world completely different then it would move to another map. But it had to be specific.

Isis slowly opened the door. She knew that she was being a little too hard on the white haired hikari but she couldn't help it. She wanted Malik back immediately! She looked inside and saw that Ryou was already asleep. She sighed and placed the blanket over him. Then she walked out without disturbing the sleeping figure. She could just yell at him tomorrow or when he does wake up.

* * *

Yukina was preparing lunch. Malik called up and said that they were going to have a guest. She wondered who it is. She shrugged if off and began to do the finishing touches. She never noticed the figure behind her.

"Hey snow angel, how's it going?" she head Kori say and wrap an arm around her. Yukina just smiled.

"Hello Kori-san. It's going great," she responded. Kori looked dumbly at her.

"How many times do I have to tell me you could just call me Kori? Enough with the polite stuff snow angel."

"I'm…"

"Don't you dare say you're sorry. Now we got that settled, it smells good."

"It's lunch. What are you doing here?"

"Malik invited me. He said it would be a great opportunity to meet your brother that could slice me into pieces and sell me off to the zoo for the meat-eating animals. So I said I'll come because he sounds interesting. And I do love challenges." Yukina laughed.

"Malik-kun is always joking. Don't listen to him, my brother would never do that."

"Well I won't know until I see for myself."

"Well lunch is ready. I guess we'll eat now."

Yukina and Kori walked out of the kitchen and into the dining room where the others were waiting. Apparently Kuwabara and Yuusuke were fighting. Malik was there just watching and laughed every time Kuwabara got hit, Hiei and Kurama just sat there watching, Genkai rolled her eyes, and Keiko and Shizuru looked about ready to smack them both. As a matter of fact Malik did it for them. He saw Yukina and Kori walk in. Yuusuke and Kuwabara were rubbing their sore heads.

"Thanks a lot Malik. Now I think I'm going to lose more brain cells," Yuusuke commented.

"If you want I could always control you so you won't lose much of your brain cells," Malik responded, smirking.

"Shut up Malik, you know your ass would be rose whipped faster then you can say 'I'm-going-to-send-you-to-the-shadow-realm'" Kori commented as she sat down beside Hiei. She knew about the reikai Tantei. She just happened to be a demon since Malik accidentally peeked into her mind. He was bored. Who could blame him?

"They'll be in the shadow realm before they could do anything. Besides it just takes a purple fog and they're already there. If you'd like I could send you there for a visit with the reaper. Oh and don't try to use anything on the reaper. He tends to get even more hostile than if you don't provoke him. You might as well run because then he'd just send your soul into a tomb with your name on it." Malik could just imagine the shock on Yugi and Ryou's faces if they heard that. It was the end of the world because he just warned someone. That usually wasn't in his lists of things to do to enemies.

"Okay then…so snow angel where's this brother of yours?" she asked Yukina.

"Hiei this is Kori, Kori this is Hiei." Yukina said pointing to Hiei who was sitting beside Kori. She looked beside her.

"Well I didn't expect him to be this sssssssssssssssssssssssssss- good looking!" she said changing her saying. Malik laughed at her predicament. She was about to say short. Hiei didn't like being called that.

"Shut up Malik before I toss you down the steps." She threatened.

"Finally someone is willing to kill me! You're my new hero!" Malik said excitedly.

"On second thought…" she trailed off.

"Don't question my sanity. You're lucky he isn't here except a distant voice in my head. He'll send you to the shadow realm in one millisecond flat!" He could faintly hear Marik in his head suggesting it.

"Oh you mean the self-proclaimed child of darkness? Or is it the insane psychopath who tried to take over the world and failed to do so? Or maybe it's…"

Malik's hand twitched.

It was nearing the millennium rod.

He clutched it and was about to pull it out until he gained back control. Kori was still talking shit about his -used to be- darker half. His 'former' darker half was trying to control him again. Shadi did say he could take possession anytime he wished, which was a horrible side effect. No one did notice because they were laughing at Kori's insults about his 'former' darker half. Even Hiei was laughing.

Yukina noticed the change of mood that crossed Malik's face. She saw him grip the millennium rod. She placed a hand over his. He looked at her questioningly.

"Are you okay Malik?" she asked worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Malik said slipping his hand out from under hers, not catching the hurt expression on her face. He felt a shock go through him. He didn't like the tingling sensation. He didn't want to be attached to anyone. He wanted to go back, curse Ryou with a thousand curses then let Bakura get mad at him for doing that to Ryou then Isis scolding his sorry ass for getting himself into this mess. He didn't want to fall for ANYONE!

Koenma appeared in front of them making everyone turn heads.

"You all have a mission."

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Kinshin: Thanks you ppl for your support, the reviews and visits. I know this isn't very common but hey, I love unusual things.

Like it? Review!