Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ 3 Shades of Kuwabara ❯ Moving On ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]


5:20 p.m. At the Minamino home.

A soft, lotion infused, tissue is held under the weeping woman's nose while she attempts to compose her tears cause by what her son had just told her.

"Mother, please..." His consoling didn't seem to work. Touching the woman's shaking shoulder, he again tries to calm her tears. "Mother don't cry, all children leave home at some point."

"But Shuichi, don't you think its a little soon? School isn't even over yet."

"It will be well after school is over; a couple of months at best while I rent furniture."

Hearing this, her tears cease long enough to inquire. "You make it sound as though you already have an apartment."

Laughing nervously, he says mostly for his benefit. "Don't make it sound so accussing."

In mock fury his mother cries out. "Well why shouldn't I? You've been sneaking around planning to leave home, your father and I haven't even seen the place, neither has Ryunosuke."

His soon-to-be stepfather.

"I wouldn't dream of not showing the three of you, mother." He then corrects his words. "The four of you." As he counts his little brother.

The woman continues trying to stop her tears. Mood dampened Kurama says in near plead.

"Please be happy for me mother."

Smiling the woman touches the teens cheek. "Of course I'm happy for you, just sad to lose one of my children- Kakoda will be next." She sighs.

"Yes, but this will leave room for more children between you and Ryunosuke."

Blushing, Shiori pats her son's knee. "You'll be at the wedding?"

"Of course."

"Good. Now," Shiori stands up from the sofa. "help me with the dessert?" She asks.

Nodding, Kurama rises. "Mother," He suddenly remembers something.

"Hm?"

"Would it be alright if Hiei were my date to the wedding, and if my friends Yusuke and Kuwabara come together as well?"

Shiori seems to be wondering whom the two friends were, having already met her son's boyfriend, Hiei- a very essentric type. "They may come, tell them to dress formal."

"I will, we can pick out suits tomorrow."

The two enter the kitchen, Shiori takes out the ice cream and Kurama gets the bowls setting them on the island counter top.

Looking down at the bowls she blinks in question. "Five?"

"One if for Hiei, he said that he would stop by at this time; is it too late for guest?"

"Will he be on time?" She's scooping two large scoops of ice cream into each bowl.

Green eyes dart to the direction of the living room and quickly, he says. "I think that's him now, escuse me."

Kurama couldn't possibly have heard Hiei at the door since the male is already up in his bedroom, but for his mother's sake he put on a show of opening the door to invite the male in.

"Hello Hiei, glad you could come." He says just loudly enough for the woman to hear. "We can have our dessert in my room."

Walking into the living room, tray in hand to carry all five bowls of ice cream, Shiori says. "Hello, Hiei, how are you today?"

Blinking thoughtfully the teen says. "He's already upstairs, mother."

Momentarily astonished by the visitors speed, she asks. "That quickly?" Her dark eyes move downward seeing her son's delicate hands removing two bowls before meeting his gaze again. "I heard you speaking to him right as I walked up."

"Kurama could only laugh, inwardly, about almost being caught talking to air. "Thank you the dessert mother- and is it alright if Hiei spends the night?"

The woman nods, first about the 'thank you' then to the question. Kurama moves upstairs to his bedroom closing the door with his foot. He can hear his mother calling up the stairs to his younger brother, whom he's nicknamed 'Hatanaka', to come downstairs for dessert and not long after that foot steps sound through the hallway; his step father or soon-to-be, rather, is in the den reading the newspaper.

"That was another uncomfortable situation brought on because of you."

The youkai seemed not to care but asked either way. "And what did I do this time?" His hands hovers over the cassette tape marked with todays date sitting on top of the red head's stereo.

"The usual, making it so that I have to talk to myself so my family doesn't catch on that you're practically living with us." Explains Kurama.

"Then tell them that I'm living here, if its so much of a problem."

"Luckily I don't have to resort to that," He hands a bowl of ice cream to the demon, climbing into the bed he says. "Will you put that tape into the stereo and press play for me?"

Hiei ignored the 'thank you' that followed his doing as his lover asked of him then climbs into the bed, as well, sitting with his back against the headboard he starts in on his dessert. To Hiei the half demon's mother makes the best desserts around; even something as simple as ice cream she adds a flare to it by dropping three juicy strawberries onto it and a healthy dollup of whipped cream.

On the radio plays the sound of violin- a single player, using a style that is familiar to the demon. Kurama must have had another recitle or whatever he called them; his lover plays recordings of himself whenever he feels he'd made a mistake somewhere but Hiei doesn't mind listening, afterall, its better than that crap Kuwabara listens to when they all go someplace and take the giant monkey's car. The two eat in verbal silence just enjoying the quiet and each others company; at one point Kurama picked a berry out of the bowl with his fingers eating it, planning to wipe his fingers on a napkin he's startled when his wrist is grabbed by the dark haired male then his hand is led over to Hiei's mouth having his fingers gently sucked to remove the mess.

Shuddering, Kurama dispells the feeling to pounce the male by saying. "I asked about the wedding, mother says you and Kuwabara and Yusuke are welcome to come."

Releasing his lovers wrist, Hiei eats one of his own strawberries then turns his head to look at him. "Do I have to do anything?"

"Only sitting and watching until we all go to the reception hall to eat-... maybe dance-"

"I'm not dancing."

"You won't have to," Kurama assures. "then its over."

Hiei thinks it over for a bit. "Fine. Even if it sounds like a dull waste of time."

Smiling he leans over placing a kiss on the dark haired males headband covered forehead. "There's something else." Kurama adds.

Hiei glances a red eye gaze at him. "Such as?"

"I'm getting a place of my own; once I'm out of school, and I want to know if you'll come live with me?"

Completel disbelief registered the shorter males usually, perfected, bitterness for a moment then returned to normal. "Oh sure, and I'll only pack all my really important things- I wouldn't wanna crowd you out."

Realizing what Hiei was saying Kurama covered his mouth laughing. "I forgot."

"Hn." He crosses his arms dessert bowl empty on his lap. "You were only complaining it a few minutes ago." He's referring to the fact that Kurama was tired of hiding him away.

"I know."

"You have to know by now that where you go, I go."

The red head schooled a blush at how sweet that sounded but Hiei is accustomed to the many small changes and twitches in the males expression to know what's going through his lovers mind and he responded to it with-..

"Hn. Whatever."

..............

"Hey!" Kuwabara shouts through panting breaths.

The ghost has really taken off in all the time it took the swordsman to pry himself away from his boyfriend then get changed back into his clothes and leave the apartment, so that by the time he got out the man was a block away!

"Hey wait! ...Come on, I know you can hear me!" Stopping at a tree, one hand pressed against it, he sucks in a breath then with all he has shouts. "Hey you with the purple shirt!!!"

Rattled, the ghost turned around a finger pointed at himself, he mouths with a curious look on his face. "Me?"

Straightening up from his winded position, the medium says. "Yes, you."

The man seemed to be thinking it over for a moment and with a curt shaking of his head the man takes off running. Grumbling, the red head braced his stamina then started off again pacing his run.

'Looks like its gonna be one of those days.'

* * *

"That's funny," The man says to himself as he's finally stopped jetting about the city stopping to use his phone. "I charged it this morning so why is there no dial tone?"

"Its because you're not really holding your phone."

Turning his attention to the voice that, as far as he can say, goes against the grains of normal tones to see the orange haired punk kid that shouted to him about a half hour ago. Twisting his curious look into a bitter stare, he in a dull tone. "Oh, its you again."

"Yyeah," He stretched out in a drawl. "its me again. Just what's the big idea running from me like that?"

"I wasn't "running from you", I just don't have time to be giving hand-outs to adolescent punks like you." The man raises his cellphone back back to his ear. "Now get lost, I'm trying to call my wife to tell her the car's been stolenand I gotta walk home and this day just freakin' sucks." Really looking Kuwabara up and down, noting the black eye, he comments. "Though, in comparison," The sentence isn't finished.

Smug look on his face Kuwabara takes the phone tossing it up the street. "Hmph." Arms crossed the male smiles cockily.

Looking from the teen to where his phone went then back to the teen again, the man is furious. "WHAT THE FUCK?!!"

Rolling his eyes, Kuwabara says. "Check your pocket."

"Excuse me?" Hands on his hips. "Why the hell-..."

"Just check." The exasperated tone was clear.

This time it was the mans turn to roll his eyes. "Hey, if it gets you out of my hair." He pats at his pocket then reaches inside pulling out his phone. Eyes wide, he quickly recovers. "Stupid trick- seen it hundreds of times on television with my kid, uh..." He falters a second. "just not up-close." He explains his brief shock to write it off.

'Geez, he would have a kid.' Thinks Kuwabara. 'What am I supposed to do now, I can't just tell him.'

The ghost is examining his phone as though trying to figure out how the male had slipped the thing back into his coat pocket without even being that close to him.

'His family is gonna hear it on the news about his death eventually,' With a firm nod he sighs. 'Better to get it over with to save him the heartache, plus, once he accepts what happened he can move on instead of being in purgatory watching everyone else live a life he's lost.' Looking at the man he blinks in wonder. 'Wonder how he died?'

"Hey stupid," Says the dead guy. "..-think I figured out your little trick."

Expression sagging he thinks. 'Hn. Kind of a jerk, bet someone killed him.' Kuwabara smacked himself for thinking that way. 'I shouldn't disrespect the dead.'

"I was so shocked that you'd thrown it that I didn't notice you planting it on me." Pushing the side of his suit jacket back his slides the phone into his pants pocket for sake keeping from the teen.

It happened in that split second the man moved his gray jacket aside but Kuwabara spotted a blot of red. 'Was he shot?'

"First that nut in the parking lot now you, what a day. Are we done now?" Asks the man. "I'd like to go home."

"Ugh, huh? Oh sure- no wait!!" Checking his pockets he walks over to the phone booth taking a slip of paper from the notepad on the small table under the machine. Writing his name and number on it he leaves the booth ready to hand the information to the man he's mildly surprised to see that he's gone. "Tch. Doesn't matter, he'll find me- or someone else like me when he realizes what happened."

* * *

Scratching lazily at his side, Yusuke exits the bathroom. "Hhhuuuuaaaahhhh, hey dumb-dumb where'd you go?" His path goes down the hall to the living room. Empty. "Kuwabar-" The teen cuts himself off hearing the phone ring. Walking over to it he lifts the receiver. "Hello?"

"Yusuke, its me."

More alert the spirit detective replies. "What's up, Kurama?" Glancing out the window at the setting sunlight he adds. "Kinda late for you to call."

Kurama couldn't imagine what that could mean but wasn't interested enough to ask. "Its about my mother's wedding, I asked about you and Kuwabara coming, she says its alright."

Chuckling the teen says absently. "I was only kidding about that, but thanks!" He scratches the back of his head. "Gonna need a monkey suit."

Kurama snickered as he could mentally hear Hiei telling Yusuke to just wear Kuwabara then; taking it as a question, though, he answers. "We're getting suit's tomorrow at Moritani, shall I pick you up?"

"Oh sure, and hey- if Kuwabara stops by there tell him he's gonna pay for flaking on me."

Snickering quietly, Kurama replies. "I will. Goodbye Yusuke."

"Yeah, see ya." He hangs up. 'Better start fixing something to eat.'

In the kitchen Yusuke searches the shelf and refrigerator for something easy he can make for him and his mother- whenever she gets back.

"Cheese, bread..." He notices when peeking around the door of the fridge. "No butter.... hmm?" Checking the freezer he spots some frozen dinners; choosing one with orange chicken and string beans- which he wouldn't eat, Yusuke pops it into the toaster oven turning it on medium. Heading into the living room he drops down onto the couch tossing a quick glance at the clock on the walls, he then groans. "Maan, I missed Dragon Ball! Stupid Kuwabara could have at least woke me up before he left."

Settling for wrestling the ticked off teen waits for his dinner to get done cooking and his mother to get home for the night.

* * *

Closing the door behind him, Kuwabara drags his feet to the kitchen as the smell of food leads him there after drifting up his nose the moment he reached the door. His spirits are low.

"Hey lunk-head." Rasps his sister. "You had a call earlier from Kurama, says you're invited to his mother's wedding and he'll be by tomorrow at eleven so you can pick out suits."

Perking up the male takes a seat at the table. "Sweet, can't wait."Looking around he asks. "Well, what's happened to dinner? I'm starving."

"Ate it. How was I supposed to know you were coming home." She leaves the kitchen. "Fix some ramen, I'm going out."

"Figures." Getting up from the table he scrounges up some left overs taking them to his room. "Daah!!"

The food hits the floor. He wouldn't have dropped it and burned his foot if he wasn't startled by a fuming ghost sitting on his bed idian style, arms crossed and he says in a vicious tone.

"Explain."