Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Battle for One ❯ A Battle for One ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Iro Demon, Shin, charged at Sazuka while the Ice Demon merely stepped aside letting him trip over himself and his face met the floor. He turned around and blew up his cheeks. A second later he was blowing a great pressure of water at Sazuka. Sazuka raised her eyebrows and smiled inwardly at the other demons stupidity. As the hydro pump attack was drawing closer, Sazuka's hand was put in front of it and a blue aura appeared around it. As soon as the water touched the tips of her fingers it froze solid and the ice moved along the path of water now freezing at the ice moved over it, going straight for the source of water, which just happened to be the opponent's mouth. The demon's eyes were closed so he didn't see the trap heading straight for him. Along with his water attack, Shin was also frozen into the cold substance of ice.

Cheers from all around the stadium exploded as Sazuka was announced the winner. She bowed her head in thanks and turned around and started to walk back to her team.

"That came straight from the demon's mouth, Sazuka! He chilled up real fast from his hot head!" Kuwabara yelled out to her.

"…"

Silence.

Sazuka was frozen, staring at the red head that yelled with complete disbelief. Hiei was frozen in midstep next to her, but his head was turned to looking at the same person. Kurama was blushing from embarrassment as Yusuke was, from standing next to him showing they knew who he was.

"What?" He looked at everyone innocently. "What'd I say?"

`He's got to be kidding.' Hiei thought to himself as he stared at the human redhead.

WHAM!

Botan slammed her oar on Kuwabara's head and he was knocked out good and cold. Yusuke and Kurama thanked Botan silently as they walked past her, carrying Kuwabara out of sight into their waiting room. When they came back out everyone was normal again. Hiei had made it the fighting floor and Sazuka was sitting on the bench next to Botan.

"Hehe, sorry about that, Sazuka. He likes to talk before he thinks of the consequences." Yusuke explained apologetically.

Sazuka just glanced at him slightly before nodding at the match that just started between Hiei and another of the Water Demons.

After the match, Hiei being the victor, Sazuka had jumped and turned around looking in all directions before setting her gaze on the exit.

"What's wrong?" Kurama asked, looking at her before the direction she was looking in.

"It's…nothing. I thought I felt something…familiar. Guess I was wrong."

Nobody was convinced since she hadn't settled down and looked away from the exit.

Yusuke just shrugged, not wanting to pressure her, said, "Ok, then. Well I'm up."

Before Yusuke got too far Sazuka yelled back at him. "Do you mind if I go out for a while. I have to…do a few things. I'll be back at the hotel later."

"Uh…yeah sure." As she turned and disappeared from sight the leader nodded his head for the other two demons to follow her.

~Outside~

Kurama and Hiei were running after Sazuka who seemed to be running after something else.

They finally stopped after what seemed to be a few hours of chasing her.

The area though was a barren wasteland with nothing around except dead trees and a dried up waterbed. But there was one particular thing that stood above everything else. There, under the short ledge Sazuka was standing on, were thousands of demons.

Sazuka looked down at them hatefully, eyes full of disgust, and stood her ground firmly.

"So," the one in the front spoke, breaking the uncomfortable silence, "you have come back."

"Not really. Your spy was just careless so I came to tell you to stop wasting your time watching me."

"How dare you! You are part of this clan and yet you refuse to listen to us and believe in our beliefs!" Another shouted at her.

"Your beliefs are too unbelievable to accept. Did any of you actually have some sort of relationship with Sazuka?"

"That's not that point! He was a fellow demon and a leader of the four Sacred Demons!"

"So what? That's not a good enough reason to do what you want me to."

"He was trying to give the Living World to us demons! Is that not good enough?"

"And what's wrong with our Demon World? It's not over populated in the least, there's more than enough room for all demons."

"Stop straying from the point!"

"Then, may I ask, what the point is?"

"Now you're just trying to annoy us!"

"How is that? I simply want to know what your point of all this is."

The `army' of demons just glared at her while Sazuka looked back them with her usual expressionless and calm nature still very much in tact.

"Sheesh! These guys are just out of whack!" Yusuke whispered loudly.

Kurama and Hiei looked behind them and there was Yusuke and the now conscious Kuwabara.

"Hn. Baka ningens taking so long to get here." Hiei snorted and looked back the other way.

"Well sorry, mister short-stuff, mister…stuff that's short! We came as fast as we could!" Kuwabara argued back by whispering loudly like Yusuke.

"Shut up, you idiot! Now, what have we missed?" Yusuke hissed before turning to the fox.

"Nothing much. Those demons are the Ice Demons Sazuka's been trained by. They've only been arguing with her." Kurama explained.

"Oh, ok then."

"Will you shut up already? They're starting to talk again." He hissed back.

They scooted up and looked past their spot behind the dead trees a little to the left of where Sazuka was standing.

"Never mind the point, Sazuka. If you're not willing to believe us of your own free will than…" Their hands started to glow ice blue, the color was much duller than Sazuka's showing they were much weaker than her, "We'll force you back!" They shot their giant ice attacks at Sazuka, but she leapt out of the way before the attacks to get even a quarter of the way towards her.

"You really think you can hit me so easily, Kasumi?"

"We trained you! How can you be this way!?"

"Simple. The one called Yusuke Urameshi…"

`Cool! They're talking about me!' Yusuke thought proudly.

"…Didn't deserve to die and he still doesn't, Sazuka did."

Gasps could be heard from the crowd before they got even angrier.

"I went to the Living World and spoke with Yusuke Urameshi."

"Why is she saying that and not just Yusuke like she does when she talks among us?" Yusuke asked silently.

Kurama turned around to look at him with his emerald eyes. "It's out of respect, Yusuke."

Yusuke nodded and they both turned back to the scene going on before them.

"I'm part of the Spirit Detectives too and we all get along fairly well. He has no reason to die because he was doing the right thing."

The gathered Ice Demons shot another attack and that's when Sazuka was getting mad. The look that was in her eyes before had returned. She wanted to kill, at least that's what her eyes were saying.

"Fine, you won't listen than I'll fight back."

She glowed a blue aura entirely unlike before where it was just her hands. Ice crept along her arms to her wrists like braces. Her boots, where the foot goes in, had ice creeping out and laid gently about her ankle. Two ice blue lines appeared a little under both her eyes. Her skirt also had ice hanging off in icicles off the rim as well as the edges of her hair.

"Wow! That's some change!" Kuwabara whispered almost too loudly.

"She's in her full demon form." Hiei remarked not taking his eyes off her.

Whispers from the crowd below could be heard easily as the aura faded from around the Ice Demon.

"It's a fight you wanted and it's a fight you'll get." Sazuka said calmly. As she spoke you could even see her breath like when it's cold outside and when you talk you can see your own breath.

A little after she spoke ice glaciers started to fries from every direction of the demons and they moved closer together to avoid being pricked by the sharp shards that followed the glaciers. But before the attack got too far along the demons put all their ice attacks together and were barely just able to get loose.

"Dang that was close. If only it was a little bit harder." Yusuke commented, obviously already enjoying the show.

Hiei just rolled his eyes and kept watching.

The glaciers just continued to grow filling in the hole that was created.

This time, though, an attack was made for Sazuka but if she broke eye contact. With the glaciers before they were finished they'd go back down. The other demons must've known it too.

Hiei stood up and ran as fast as he could, which was really fast, towards Sazuka. He stepped in front of the attack, but not so much so Sazuka couldn't see her attack, and slashed it away with katana.

By now it was stupid to keep hidden since Hiei showed himself; Kurama, Kuwabara, and Yusuke came out too.

After a few minutes the attack finished her Ice Cage and it was too hard to make an unwanted scratch on its smooth surface.

"Why'd you guys follow me?" Sazuka asked, turning to face the rest of the team.

"Just because they want me dead doesn't mean I'll stay away from them. Besides, you're our teammate and our friend, we couldn't let you go alone and chanced getting hurt by those bastards."

Sazuka stepped back. "I'm…your friend?"

Hiei rolled his eyes for probably the hundredth time that day. "Sazuka no baka. Why else would we have come? Believe it or not we all care about you."

"You do?"

"Yeah!" Yusuke cheered.

"I thought I was just a teammate to you."

"Yeah, well you thought wrong. Before you were just a teammate to us and I guess, even though you are weaker than me that…" Hiei hit Kuwabara on top of his head with a rather large rock and smirked as he watched the ningen redhead fall to the dirt ground and roll off the side of the small cliff side.

"The pint is simple, Sazuka, and yes we actually do have a point unlike them." Hiei jerked his finger towards the ice dome as Kurama said this. "You're our friend and we care about you, even if it doesn't seem like it sometimes. We want you to feel like the rest of us and be happy. Didn't you ever feel like that?" Kurama explained.

"I guess I did…sort of." By now Sazuka had transformed back out of her full demon form.

"Well then, wouldn't you ever consider that we're your friends too?" The fox asked.

"Yeah, I guess I could." Sazuka smiled slightly.

"Good, now let's go home. This place is dull's ville." Yusuke suggested quickly

"Not so fast!"

Everyone turned to see one of the demons standing on front of the ice glaciers cage.

"Hey, how'd you get out!" Yusuke yelled.

"Easy, I didn't get caught. I dodged the attack unlike my fellow clan demons. And now you're dead, Sazuka!"

He charged for Sazuka with an ice pick like sword.

Yusuke stepped in the way, but before he could use his Spirit Gun the demon hit him across his stomach and kept going for his Ice Demon target he once knew from the past.

Yusuke rolled down the slope of the short cliff, clutching his stomach with both hands as his blood left a red trail behind him, landing next to the unconscious redhead.

Hiei unsheathed his sword, as did Kurama's Rose Whip. They attacked at the same time, but the demon threw them off and pushed them away like rag dolls. They landed next to Kuwabara and the now unconscious Yusuke, watching in horror as their fried might not be able to make it.

He charged at Sazuka full throttle and got the ice-pick sword ready for the big swing.

~FLASH~

~Back at Koenma's~

Kuwabara had a bandage on his head. He was also holding an ice pack to ease his headache some.

Yusuke was sitting in one of the chairs with his eyes close, obviously resting. He had his shirt removed, since it was beyond repair anyways, with a white bandage wrapped around his stomach.

Hiei and Kurama were sitting quietly on the sofa. All their injuries were minor and hidden underneath their clothes so they looked as if they didn't get hurt at all.

They were all waiting for Koenma to return with Botan.

The doors suddenly opened and out stepped the young-looking prince of the Spirit World, the blue-haired Grim Reaper, and their Ice Demon friend.

Kuwabara shot up and ran for her. "Sazuka! How are you? Are you ok? How do you feel? What happened out there? Are you going to tell…"

"Will you shut up already?! If you didn't have that bandage on you head and we weren't right in front of Koenma I'd knock you out `til next year!" Hiei yelled, interrupting the tornado of questions.

"Yeah, well I do and we are so there, shorty!" Kuwabara yelled back, sticking out his tongue childishly.

"That's enough, you two. I'm sure nobody wants to listen to you right now since you're all very tired. Anyways, Sazuka?" Koenma said before turning to the silver-haired girl.

She looked at him and nodded.

"I just wanted to say thank you for being there today. You helped me out a lot and I probably wouldn't have gotten the extra power to win if he hadn't hurt you guys."

"Hear that, you big oaf? You didn't help at all cuz you were knocked out long before that guy ever came up." Hiei smirked.

"I wouldn't have been knocked out if you hit me with that boulder!"

"Well, you shouldn't have acted like a jerk!"

"Excuse me, but I don't think she's finished!" Yusuke yelled at them both.

Kuwabara huffed at him and shut his mouth as Hiei smirked at him and moved to stand next to Kurama again.

"I've decided, if you'd like, that I'm going to stay here with Lord Koenma and remain part of the Spirit Detectives."

"Yeah! That's so awesome, Sazuka!" Kuwabara yelled out, his mood strangely changed quickly.

Everyone agreed before Koenma interrupted their short `celebration'.

"As much as I'm as glad as the rest of you, the finals of the tournament are coming up in the hour and since you all left you must go check in again."

"Yeah, ok. Let's go."

They all jumped into the portal and checked in with the guard at the gate.

~In the Stadium~

"Okay, Hiei, you go in the first round, Kurama, the second, and…"

"And I'll take the third." Sazuka smiled.

"All right, then. Let's win this!" Yusuke called out. "Oh and Kuwabara, no more crack jokes."

"Fine." Kuwabara sulked.

Hiei stepped up against the Dog Demon and was quickly annoyed with him since he called him Kibbles and Bits. He sliced him in two and walked off smirking proudly.

"That's the way, Hiei. Nice and slow." Yusuke remarked sarcastically.

Kurama stepped up and was quickly irritated with the Wolf Demon that called him an underling since he had to use tricks to get his way. He sliced him into even more pieces than Hiei had with his `opponent' with his Rose Whip and walked off smiling evilly.

"Okay, I think you guys get annoyed very easily when called names." Yusuke guessed as he watched Sazuka went into her fight.

Sazuka wasn't annoyed with all the name calling her Dingo Demon was calling her until they called her a cheerleader like the demons the first day they arrived at the tournament had called her. She froze him into a five inches thick sleet of ice and even fought the strong temptation to `accidentally' tip him and shatter him into a billion shard pick-up game.

"You guys are just too much for me." Yusuke sighed as they were announced the winners of the tournament. They went home and went on with their `normal' lives.

Sazuka went to school with Kurama; he thought it'd be better than Yusuke's school since Yusuke and Kuwabara skipped school practically every day. Yusuke and Kuwabara were still school skipping and getting into fights with other gangs of the city. And Hiei was still showing up at nights to visit Kurama through the window. Only now Sazuka was there when he showed up sometimes too and made their conversations a bit more interesting since she told them what was going on in the Spirit World. They especially liked it when she told them what was going on with her old Ice Demon Clan since Koenma ordered her to release them from their icy confines of the cage she created about three days after she put them in there, which was when he found out about it.