Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Christmas For Hiei ❯ Snowballs and Sumo's ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own anything in the world of Yuyu Hakusho. I don't own the characters, or locations, and I sure as heck don't make a profit from it. Bummer for me, doesn't really effect the readers or proper owners, so all I ask is that you enjoy aaaand maybe leave a brother a review or two ahaha.

Warnings: Contains heavy levels of cheesy goodness, without making you sick.

Author's Notes: I did these waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day, and changing them I thought would ruin them so I left them basically the same with minor changes. I sure as heck fixed as many mistakes as I could find. Thanks for reading.

.............

Kurama and Hiei are walking to Yusuke's house. Kurama is acting as Hiei's personal tour guide of the area, that's been newly decorated with Christmas lights and bells that go off when you walk past them or under them; snowmen and women that have been built by children during the day with a bonus of a snowfort for protection, but all the white soldiers and snowy best friends are abandoned at night and left to fend for themselves from older boys that patrol the streets looking for trouble of even the smallest kind.
Hiei's eyes were darting everywhere looking at all the lights, and random decorations on doors like large red and white socks, or berry and toy covered wreaths. He can also hear many strange things he's never heard before when visiting the city, bells that burst into ear-splitting music, people singings, bells in the hands of humans with pots at their sides and they're ringing them calling for attention. Hiei was more than ready to offer his brand of attention if they didn't hurry and arrive at the spirit detective's home, because all the new and very loud sounds are starting to get on his nerves.

"What's so funny?" He asks Kurama who, so suddenly, started laughing after looking over their shoulder.

"Nothing Hiei, just relax-..." He answered part of the way then, decided to let Hiei in on the joke. "It's just for someone who moves so quickly, you're leaving quite a noticable trail."

Confused, Hiei stopped and looks over his shoulder seeing the foot prints his feet were leaving in the snow, very deep, deep enough that its revealed concrete; which is really something compared to Kurama's hardly dented path.
"...Feh, what do I care? Its probably the added body heat from the Darkness Flame." He answered walking on.

Changing subjects, and now that there is actual room for a conversation to go on, considering they've been silent since leaving Kurama's house twenty minutes ago, he says offhandedly.

"This human holiday you speak of sounds like a waste of time and money." He placed his hands in his pockets, adding. "How can anyone relax with all those lights in their faces, shining against you like a Deer caught in sunlight."
"Or a sillouette in a window sill?" Kurama threw in with humor in his voice.

Hiei stopped, mentally gasping. 'Does he know?' Hiei ceased his movement while Kurama walked on by. He couldn't believe that all those times he'd parked himself outside of Kurama's window, the kitsune had actually noticed him there!

Kurama paused his steps as well, and looked over his shoulder then turned to face his youkai friend completely while saying. "At least that's what I call the leaves and branches the moon shadow puppets against the curtains." His smile was so honest but he closed his eyes to hide the fact that he knew Hiei was there every time.
A thin smile came across Hiei's face as he walked back into step with the crafty red head. Kurama's either lying to him, or he simply doesn't care.

"Yusuke's house should be right up ahead." Kurama was saying, as they neared their destination for the night.

"I really don't see why we-..."

"Ah!" Kurama gasped, shaking his head from the impact.

"What's that matter?" Hiei asked looking his friend over. "Are you all right?"
"Yes," Replied Kurama with a smile. "It appears to be nothing more than snow."

Hiei grumbled, though, when hearing a laugh that could only belong to one person... Yusuke.

The spirit detective peeked from around a tree laughing fiendishly as he pats another snowball for the launching. This one's got Hiei's name on it.
"Hey Hiei, don't be mad!" Yusuke called from his hiding place. "You should cool off a little!"

With that he came from around the tree, he was poorly hidden behind, hurling a snowball at the fire demon who just stood there watching it fly towards him and it burnt up into nothing but water when it neared his heat wall.
"What's gotten into you, Yusuke?" Hiei demanded to know.

He got his answer from Kurama instead when getting dragged behind a tree with him to hide as well.

Peeking from around the tree, he replies. "It looks as if we're in the middle of a snowball fight."

"A what?!" Hiei mused over the word.
"Hey, don't think that dinky little tree will save you from me!" Kuwabara shouts. Leaping over a brick wall with hands accupied with a snowball the size of his head. "Yaaahhhh!!!!" He war called as it left his hands and sails off in Kurama's and Hiei's direction.
The kitsune was laughing joyfully as he moved out of the way from the oncoming attack, but Hiei simply backed away from the tree completely.

"I'm not getting involved in this stupid game." He stated.
"Ahh he's just afraid he'll lose!" Yusuke said revealing himself to the fire demon.

Hiei grunted in anger and sped himself behind Yusuke who turned in shock.

"Gah!" The spirit detective jumped back in surprise.

"I don't lose." Hiei was saying and the tree shook heavily from the shock of when Hiei hit it on his way over, causing the leaves to dump the snow they carried onto Yusuke's head.

"Ah!"
Kuwabara's laughter was the first heard, along with a low chuckle from Kurama.

"He got you that time, Urameshi!" The scracthy voiced male called.

"Yes, and I've got you Kuwabara." Kurama threw a snowball just as big as the one Kuwabara had in the first place at him, nailing the teen in the side of his ear.

"Heeey!" He shouted brushing it off, and after digging into his ear to remove what went in.
Hiei had long sense sat himself up in the tree over Kurama's head, as though he were watching his back in secret, while the snowball fight went on. The three took splats of snow to the back, ears, face-on, legs, even their feet and rears!

Yusuke came from his hiding place with his hands up in defense from any on coming snow. "Okay you guys, we better go inside before my Mom tears up about me freezing to death." He said with a laugh.
'Finally.' Hiei thought hopping down from the tree walking beside Kurama, who was brushing snow from his hair.

More than anything he wanted to reach up and help him, but that would be too bold, and what would Kurama think?
As if the kitsune had heard his thoughts, he turned and looks at him with a smile. "Care to help me?" He asked. "I can't see behind my head as you can."

Hiei gulped at the thought but absently brushes the snow from his friend's hair.
"Thank you," Kurama said adding. "and thank you for watching my back up there."

With that statement said, Hiei stopped brushing snow from his hair and turned his head away. "Hmph. I wasn't watching any part of you, I was merely a spectator of that dumb game." The fire demon walked away from him to the head of the group.

Kurama sighed inwardly. 'Either you're going to tell me,' He thought. 'or I'm going to have to be a bit more obvious.' Catching up to Yusuke and Kuwabara he speaks casually with them about what they were fighting over and who'd won the snowball fight.
"Then there's just one way to settle this," Kuwabara was saying.
* * *
In Yusuke's house he held a controller up and announced. "Video gaamess!!!" He and Yusuke wait for the game to fire up.

The players take their positions. Two large men wearing nothing but mawashi's around their bodies to cover up- well, you know, bend over and slap at the dirt beneath them.

"Frooom the Eeeeast, Fukimo Hiramatsu!!" The video game announcer was singing. "and froom the Weest Yoshikoo Fushiimi!" There was a pause. "Sumo!"
Yusuke and Kuwabara were grunting and groaning as though they were the ones in the ring.

'Idiots.' Hiei mentally declared watching them.

Kurama has his attention on the television but from the side of his eye he watched Hiei.
After an hour of sumo wrestling, which Yusuke won six over four times to Kuwabara, but lost six over two times to Kurama, that won only four of the six times with Kuwabara they changed games to something a little more sane.
"Nobody picks Fulgore but me." Yusuke said, obviously wanting to mark his territory.
"Alright then," Kuwabara was saying not letting his loving rival call all the shots. "Nobody picks Orchid but me." He smiled at the busty, tonfa baring woman in fighter stance.

"Like anybody'd fight ya for her." Yusuke joked getting pushed in the shoulder.
"Okay the rules are anythi-..." As Yusuke explained the rules; in the background Kurama turned to his fire demon friend.

"Would you like a turn Hiei, watching must be a little boring for you."

Hiei was startled by the sudden question. He'd honestly thought he was going to slip out the back and just head off anyplace else if these 'gaming' thing kept up.
"Yeah we can have teams." Yusuke said in attempt to get the disgruntled male into the game as well.

Hiei disagreed to any participation, and sat himself deeper into the couch, as if he were trying to shrink away into it to be ignored. Mentally Kurama's heart sank, he wanted Hiei to be a part of them more than anyone, but the youkai seemed to pull further away when it came to anything other than fighting. How could he break him out of it?
As the game went on they screamed at the tops of their lungs arguing unfair playing or illegal moves. Kurama acted as referee to the two of them, until the next match started and pulled them back from the arguement and into the game. Hiei had been watching every match with his own unknown interest, and he'd gotten off the couch getting a bit closer for a better look.
Chief Thunder and Sabrewolf were on the screen in this match, he just did his flying mohawk move knocking Sabrewolf into the air, then as he came back down he spun him into a corner taking the move into a killer combo,
"You stupid wolf, get out of the corner!" Hiei shouted at the character as he watched the creature beaten into a finishing move of an Ultra.

Yusuke laughed. "I thought you didn't wanna play?" He was saying.
Hiei grumbled and stood up. "How much longer do we have to stay here, anyway." He pointed out more than asked.

"What's wrong?" Yusuke asked.

"Nothing is wrong, I just can't take sitting here watching you three act like idiots."

Kurama sensed that Hiei was obviously getting agitated with the entire situation, so he stands as well.
"Hiei's right, we should be going. Thank you for inviting us over, Yusuke." He moves to the door with Hiei following.

Over his shoulder Hiei's saying to the two. "Yes, let's not do it again."

The two walk out the door after Kurama waved good bye to them.
"Man, that guy's got issues." Kuwabara was saying, while he helped Yusuke clean up the game set.

"You heading home too?" The spirit detective asked his lover.
"Not if you don't want me to." He answered standing and stretching out his bones with a yawn. "I mean," He got closer to Yusuke's face. "I could always stay over, baby."

Yusuke burst into laughter to the thought of that. "If that's the case then you've got a better chance at killing Tuguro, then hoppin' in bed with me."
Outside. Kurama and Hiei are walking along the streets silenlty. The sound of carolers is heard in the background along with the crunching of snow under their feet.

'Time to be obvious.' Kurama thinks.

Watching Kuwabara and Yusuke, even when they aren't being romantic, always stirs the kistune's emotions- the more human ones anyway. His demon half on the otherhand remains disinterested in anything.

"Would you like to stay over at my house Hiei? My Mother can make us some hot chocolate."
"I don't think so, I should be getting back anyway."
"Oh." Silence. "Maybe you could stay for a little while, to warm yourself?" Hiei just glared at him, but Kurama merely smiled the words away. "Silly me, I guess not."
"Stupid you, you guessed right." With that Hiei disappeared leaving the kitsune alone, but Kurama is smiling all the same.

"I know you want to be with me, even if you won't admit to it."
His green colored eyes have already spotted his emotional investment sitting in the window of his bedroom once he'd gotten home, but he ignored him. He knows Hiei's night patterns, and as he readies himself for bed by eating dinner, brushing, hanging out with his younger for a bit, listening to some classical piano, he then turns in for bed with a smile as he thinks about it. Leaving the window open, he takes comfort in knowing that Hiei would come through when he's sure that he's fallen asleep, from there he'd lie on the loveseat in his bedroom, resting himself if he needed it, or he'd simply sit on the bed watching him sleep.