Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Christmas For Hiei ❯ Mall Rats ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Three.

Walking around the mall, the small group spilt up into two groups. Kurama went with Shizuru and Kuwabara went with Yusuke. They had all decided to meet up at the ice cream shop on the third floor at 3 O'Clock.

Looking over his shoulder, Kuwabara watched Kurama walking off with his sister and he nudged Yusuke in the side with his elbow. "What's with them?" He leaned in and whispered.

"What are you whispering for afraid they might hear you? They're all the way back there." He stated but Kuwabara kept his voice low any way.

"Hey, you think those two are...." He trailed letting the spirit detective fill in the blanks.

Yusuke just laughed that comment off. "Yeah right, they aren't exactly a matched set Kuwabara."

"Hey you never know what kinds of freaky things people are in to, especially when one of them is a real live freak." He said meaning his older sister.

"I don't think Shizuru would take that comment lightly, better hope I don't tell her." Yusuke joked and turned off into a store.

"You wouldn't do that, right?" Kuwabara was saying going in as well.

..............

Shizuru and Kurama walked around the second floor window shopping and mentally rejecting every store without even going inside. They passed on colognes, clothes, toys- were definitly out of the question and Kurama wasn't sure if Hiei would really like chocolates or candies.

"So, what kind of gift are you gonna get Hiei?" Shizuru asked.

"I've never bought a special kind of gift before so I don't really know what to get him."

"Weelll, if you were hoping for the best you'd get him a bottle of lubricant and a smile." She smacked the youko on the back and he stopped himself placing a foot forward. "I don't think that would fly over very well with him." 'Truth to the matter, I'm not even sure he knows what sex is.' Kurama fumbled with the thought for a second but shook it off.

"What about this?" Shizuru said bringing him back to earth. "What is it?" Kurama took the bottle and sniffed the tip, scrunching his nose up and handing it back. "I don't think that's really the best sent for him." The bottle of cologne smelt a lot like piss and it burnt his senses a bit from the strength of it. "No, I guess not." She placed the bottle back on the shelf.

They walked out of the store completely, knowing that Hiei wasn't the cologne wearing type. "Maybe he'd like some new clothes?" Shizuru suggested glancing into the window of a clothing store, seeing all the suites they had lined up in the window. A mental picture of Hiei in a suite ran through the youko's mind and he shook his head. "I'm afraid that isn't the best idea, either."

"Today should be successful, it's a good thing Christmas isn't for three days other wise you're only choice would be the lube and smile."

"I just want my gift to be special, so that he knows I care for him." The brunette patted him on the shoulder. "I'm sure we'll find something." Just as they were passing by a shop a petit woman walked out behind them, she was dressed in a tank top with spaghetti strap strings and tight leg hugging pants. Her hair was done in a loose bun and she had chop sticks ran through the back.

"Excuse me," She spoke and the two turned around. "I couldn't help but over hear y'alls situation and think that maybe I could help."

"Yeah?" Shizuru was saying walking back towards the shop. "What are you selling?" The brunette asked.

"Well come on in and I'll show you." The clerk replied.

Kurama joined the two in the shop and his eyes widened in curiousity. "This is a charms and gems shop, but we sell all kinds of things for spiritual embalancement." Shizuru walked away from the womans oncoming audio tour over to a shelf filled with candles and crystals that matched each other for the set. "Unleash your sexual energy.." She read off. "Now here's a good idea."

"Oh yes, those are our best sellers. Lovely aren't they not that the two of you look like you need help in that department." She commented.

"Oh no we're not together." Kurama was saying with shizuru cutting in. "That's right, we broke up years ago."

"My heart goes out to you." The woman said. "Maybe you'd like some lucky in love candles and gems." She suggested instead.

As they skimmed the shelves the woman explained the many different meanings of the candles and things in her store, like how lighting one candle could bring you what your heart desired, or how the right gem could make them lucky with money and things. But Kurama couldn't deside on just one thing.

"If you're a first time user, what would you suggest?" He asked the woman and she buzzed to the back of the shop bringing back with her a box. "I suggest this starter set, it's only two thousand fifty yen, and full of everything you'll need candles, gems, incence and a small bottle of cologne." She put on a bright smile.

Kurama hadn't taken in concideration of money. But in the time he'd spent wondering about it Shizuru had already paid for the item and shoved the bag in the youko's hands.

Looking down at her watch she pocketed her hands and walked out the shop saying, "We'd better get to the third level before Yusuke and my brother have a fit." Kurama walked out the door. "And don't worry about paying me back, that was the money for my brothers Christmas gift." Though her smile said other wise.

"Arigatou Shizuru." Kurama said walking in step beside her.

'I hope Hiei likes this sort of thing.' Kurama thought hopefully.

* * *

"What took you guys so long me and Kuwabara are on our fifth cone already." Yusuke was saying as his friends joined them at the table with their own ice cream cones. Kurama with peach and Shizuru with orange cream. "It was hard to decide what to get everyone." Kurama explained.

"It must of been," The scracthy voiced male pointed. "you've only got one bag."

"Yes well, these things take time." Kurama back pedaled. "And what did you two get, new undergarments?" Shizuru joked and Kuwabara blushed but Yusuke was fuming. "Will everyone lay off with the sex jokes already?" He stood up with a threatening fist held Shizuru's way. "Sheesh, try to have a private sex life and the whole world gets a news briefing." He mumbled sitting down.

Kurama and Shizuru laughed hearing the obvious embarrassement in the spirit detectives voice. "If we're about done here, we need to go." The brunette stood up, pushing her chair back with her legs. "I'm not gonna be late doing my own Christmas shopping because of you two and the brat."

"You'd better not be talking about me sis', I thought it was the season of kindness." Kuwabara was saying while they got up to leave for home. "so far you haven't shown any."

"There's an exception for people with dumb ass little brothers." she retorted. As they fought on the way back to the car Yusuke slipped up beside Kurama with a grin. "So what's in the bag, Kurama?" He asked.

"Something I'm not really sure he'd actually like, now that I think about it." The youko said with a distant frown.

"Hey no big deal, what ever it is I'm sure he'll like it." Walking ahead a bit he placed his arms behind his head saying over his shoulder.

"It's not as if it's something dorky like candles and incence." Kurama looked as though he'd been hit with two snowballs and made a quick recovery. "Ah ha, right."