Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Christmas For Hiei ❯ Kidnapping Botan ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Five.

Kurama was up early that morning more than excited now, it's Christmas eve and he has everything planned out for the party, his mother and brother helped him set up the tree after dinner before they left, and it was naked and ready to be dressed by his friends.

'This is going to be a great decorating party.' Kurama thought buzzing around the house, he and his family had already put the decorations up as the days passed by all that was left really was the tree. 'And if Yusuke did what I asked the invitations should be reaching everyone by now.'

The spirit detective in question was dead sleep with something red and green scattered under him and the top read, "Merry Christmas!"

Kurama smiled with reassurance and walked into the kitchen for breakfast. "I deserve a reward." He figured and walked past the cookie jar on his way to the cupboard then he backed up. "Hmm, I think I'd like a cookie." He stated. "But it's a little early for one," Still looking at the jar, he then with a nod he raised the lid reaching inside. "I think I will have one, because they smell wonderful and they taste even better."

Taking one of the nicely sized sugar cookies from the container, he brought it into his mouth and bit down with a smile. "Mmm." Going back into the living room he opened the closet door and slid a large box from out of it. "That's all the lights, and ornaments for the tree.....what else is there?" The youko wondered. "Garlend." He realized and went to another closet for a box of garlend and beads.

'Tonight is going to be just what Hiei needs to pull him out of his holiday huff.' He thought.

At Yusuke's house he's slowly waking up, feeling something poking him in the back. "Mmhh, Kuwabara not now, I'm sleeping." He mumbled in his dreams. Rolling over a little further he was poked. "Ouch!" He opened his eyes and heard his mother calling to him. "Are you up there killing yourself agan?" Atzuko asked.

He ignored it and felt under his back. "Heey," He said drowzily. "I recognize theese they're-...." More alert now he jumped out of bed, rushing his clothes on and ran downstairs, then out the door. "I'm so seriously screwed if I don't get these cards out." He was saying as he rushed down the street.

.........................

"Well that takes care of Kuwabara, but how the hell do I get in touch with Koenma and Botan they usually find me?" The spirit detective was saying kicking a clot of snow. "Just click your heals together three times and I will appear." A voice that could only belong to Botan, was saying. No sooner had he heard her, did he see his favorite grim reaper flying out of the sky on her oar.

A smile spread across Yusuke's face. "Well if it isn't the old witch of the spirit world." He remarked and she landed in front of him. "You'd better have meant beautiful witch," Botan was saying. "Or I'll drop a house on you."

"Make it Hiei and we can call it even." Yusuke said then dug into his sweater pocket. "Here this is from Kurama." He said and the cheeful woman took it from his hands opening it up. "Aaww look, it's even got a little song playing when you open it." After reading the message to herself, Botan looked up and smiled at him. "So what's this about Hiei?" she asked. "Are you two not getting along again?" They began walking down the sidewalk.

Yusuke weighed the thought. "Well, not exactly." He was silent.

"Am I supposed to read your mind Yusuke, I'll tell you now I never specialized in that sort of thing."

"Ha! Could have fooled me all the times you've put words in my mouth." He smart remarked. "And the problem with Hiei is, is that he wants to fuck Christmas all together and I'm not even sure why."

Botan seemed lost and placed a finger to her cheek tapping it a few seconds. "It's as though we have to drop the whole holiday for him, not only that he flat out told us not to go to Kurama's party tonight." Botan was astonished by those words, she had always thought that Hiei liked Kurama. "Why would he behave so strangely about all of this?" She asked out loud mostly to herself.

"Got me, but the weird thing is Kuwabara thinks that he has good intentions for what he's doing." Yusuke stopped and scooped up a handful of snow patting it between his gloved hands. "Now that is strange, those two fight as though they're gonna kill each other verbally sometimes, why would he stick up for him now?"

"Well you're no help to me if you don't even know...." He paused. "So what do you think we should do?" He asked the not so grim reaper. She pursed her lips thinking about it, while tapping her cheek again. "Well, this is my first human Christmas party and it would be a shame to miss it, and I'm sure Koenma would just love to make his appearance there."

Brightening up a little, Yusuke aimed for a kid across the street. "So you think we should fuck Hiei and go anyway, right?" Botans jaw dropped watching the spirit detective nail some kid in the ear. "Not in so many words, we should concider Hiei's feelings too." She protested. "Why do you think it took me so long to get the invitations out." He replied, scooping another handful of snow ready to bean the friend of the now crying child.

"Yusuke, would you leave those children alone and talk with me seriously for a minute?" He froze from what he was doing and turned to her. "What's there to say?" He asked. "Oh I don't know just minor yet serious details of," She popped into something that was very traditional Japanese and whirled her umbrella with a smile. "...-what to wear."

Yusuke nearly dropped face first into the snow before he groaned. "Uugh, just make sure you tell Koenma to come later on, okay? I'll see you later." He said running off. Gaping that she was so suddenly left alone, Botan called after him. "Yusuke where are you going?" But he was already out of sight. "That boy-...Hauh!" She gasped feeling something poke her in the back.

"You're coming with me." That voice. It's Hiei! Botan relaxed nearly slapping the fire demon on the shoulder. "Don't scare me like that." She was saying.

"We don't have time for talking, now come on." He disappeared and Botan revealed her oar, sitting herself down upon it. "Hiei wait for me!" She shouted.

* * *

In Kuwabara's house. "And I'll send this one to Yukina, and this one is for Kurama, and this one's for Hiei if he ever drops that whole 'I hate Christmas' crap." The scratchy voiced male was alone and talking to himself as he wrote the names on the labels of the gifts. "And this one is for Urameshi." He grinned down at a state of the art punching bag with his lovers name on it then he laughed. "Now he can stop hitting on me." The red head went back and corrected himself. "Not that I mind sometimes but other than that I-...."

Kuwabara heard the front door close. "Is that you Shizuru?" He called out.

"Are you talking to yourself again?" It was Yusuke.

"I just happen to like the sound of my voice that's all." Yusuke smacked him on the back of the head taking a seat beside him watching the red head quickly hide a gift behind his back. "Is that for me?" The spirit detective asked. "Yes, and it would be nice if you didn't see it until tomorrow so turn around while I put this stuff away." He ordered.

"All right, all right calm down." Yusuke closed his eyes and Kuwabara waved a hand in front of his face as a test.

"Just hide it and stop admiring the merchandise." Yusuke said scaring Kuwabara a second. "I'm going." When he got up Yusuke opened his eyes and watched him. "So we're definitely going to Kurama's party today." Yusuke was saying, as he watched his lover put his gift up on the top shelf. "Botan and me talked it over." He explained.

"I thought we were gonna give them their privacy?" Kuwabara was saying as he returned to the floor, sitting indian style in front of Yusuke. "And what if there was no privacy just some dumb plan to leave Kurama alone, think about how little you'd like it." The spirit detecitve was sticking to his change of heart. But Kuwabara wasn't that easily sweyed. "I'll go, but I still don't think it's all that hot an idea."

"That's our guy!" Yusuke punched him in the shoulder. "You know, I could just be your guy for right now," The red head was saying. "Shizuru is gone for the day and we could go back to my bedroom and uhhh....."

Yusuke plastered a smile on his face feeling pressure rising. 'God this guy doesn't give up.' He thought. 'How'm I gonna get away this time?' Thinking briefly he looked out the window. "Hey you wanna build a snowman or something?" The spirit detective popped up from the floor. "Daah! A snowman?" Kuwabara asked dumbfounded.

Yusuke was already out the door by then and Kuwabara sat there scratching his head. "Is that a 'no' to the first idea?!" He called.

.....................

"How romantic, you're giving Kurama a Christmas card!" Botan annouced to the air, hearing a scatter of silencing words directed towards her.

"Don't flatter him so much, this isn't some dumb love letter. I just didn't-...." He couldn't find the words. "You just didn't want him to think you didn't at least care about his feelings?" The woman asked looking at his face and Hiei looked away. "Call it what you want, just write the words down for me." He ordered.

"Yes sir, how shall we start this...." She thought. "Oh! How's about my dear Kurama or something along the lines of my darling or dear what do you prefer?" It didn't take Hiei long to figure he wanted to start with and he said it very matter-of-factly. "Start with you stupid fox, and nothing more."

'This should be a real pleaser,' Botan thought. 'Well at least Kurama has the party to fall back on if nothing else.'