Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Hidden Life ❯ New Assignment and New Characters ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho

 

Chapter one: New Assignment and New Characters

 

Yusuke was walking down the street to his school contemplating, though not to hardly, on whether or not he was going to go to school that day. But when Hiei suddenly landed right in front of him he knew what the answer was going to be.

"What's up Hiei? Playing the messenger again?" Yusuke asked jokingly.

"Hn, Koenma wants us to meet him in the Rekai" Then he disappeared in a blur.

Yusuke sighed, he never seemed to get any peace and quiet anymore, not that he wanted too much of it… but still. I guess I should get everyone together and tell them the news.

~*~

Everyone was seated in Koenma's office waiting patiently, except Kuwabara and Yusuke…. and Hiei, for the toddler to tell them what demon they needed to defeat this time to save the Ningenkai from a terrible fate. But that wasn't the case this time.

"Botan has been kidnapped." Was all the young god said while looking down at his desk.

"NANI?!" Yusuke and Kuwabara said in unison. Kurama looked worried, but Hiei, of course, looked like he could care less.

Then, everyone waited for Koenma to continue but was only greeted with more silence. That's when Yusuke grew impatient.

"Well?! What happened to her?!"

"If I knew I would have told you baka!" Koenma was really distressed; Botan, his best ferry girl not to mention a good friend, was gone and he didn't even know if she was alive.

"Do you happen to know where she was when she was kidnapped?" Kurama asked sensing Yusuke getting angry.

"She was supposed to be visiting Genkai and Yukina at the temple. But that's all I know."

"Well, shall we go to the temple then?"

Everyone agreed with Kurama and left for the Ningenkai.

~*~

"Baka. What do you think you're doing? Do you actually think you'll get away with this?" A female voice asked trying to contain her laughter at her "ally's" stupid plan.

"It will work, you'll see." He replied confidently.

"Uh huh…" there was a feigned thoughtful silence, then she slowly continued to say, "You do realize that the ferry girl is a good friend of the Rekai Tantei?" But all she got was a confused look. Really, this guy gets stupider and stupider every day. "You know, the team that beat the Toguro Brothers in the Dark Tournament, defeated Sensui, and participated in the Makai Tournament without getting themselves killed. Do you remember now?"

"I-I don't care who they are," He said in a less confidant voice. "I will defeat them, Ayame, you'll see." Then he stormed off into the one of the many forests in the Makai.

Ayame sighed, she knew all Hiroke's plans weren't going to work, and even if he had a chance of succeeding, she wouldn't have let it. Something told her not to mess with the Rekai Tantei, maybe it was intuition or maybe it wasn't. But she had heard many stories about them; though she didn't even know they're names, or what they looked like for that matter, but she knew it would be bad to be the one fighting against them.

~*~

Yusuke and the others reached the temple and were greeted by a worried Yukina. But of course Kuwabara, being Kuwabara, went into his little ranting about the power of love and what not. Yusuke and Kurama sweat-dropped, while Hiei scowled menacingly. This was going to be a long night.

~*~

Ayame was getting worried. Hiroke hadn't returned yet, not that she was afraid for his well being - she really could care less - but that he could be doing something incredibly stupid. She knew that Hiroke would start thinking that he had no chance of beating the Rekai Tantei and would therefore come up with two alternative plans: the first one being, he just killed the girl and just drop the rest of his plans, or the second one being, he would go to the Tantei and kill the girl in front of them. But Ayame knew Hiroke to be a coward, he was more a coward than he was stupid, and he would usually go to her to ask advice. Ayame sighed when she realized that Hiroke had picked the second of the two and got ready to take a little journey to the Ningenkai and hopefully cut off Hiroke before he killed the girl. This was definitely going to be a long night.

~*~

It was now dark and Hiroke, as silently as he could while holding the girl, snuck up to the temple that the Rekai Tantei now inhabited. He knew Ayame thought of him as a worthless creature, maybe he was, but by doing this, it would cause the damn kitsune more problems than she could handle by herself - and she didn't like getting help from others. Just when he stepped out of the bushes he realized that there were four boys standing about 20 meters away from him ready to attack.

~*~

They were all ready to kill the alligator like demon when he emerged from the bushes but stopped when he revealed an unconscious Botan in his arms with a knife at her neck.

"If anyone comes any closer, I'll kill her." He sneered, even though he had every intention of killing her anyway.

"Bastard! Let her go!" Yusuke shouted angrily at the ugly demon, and was about to attack when Kurama held him back.

"Stop Yusuke. He really will kill her if you try to attack." He paused. "And it seems that he is not alone." And soon enough a figure emerged from the bushes and was about 5 meters away from the alligator demon.

"Oi, Urameshi. Who's that?" Kuwabara asked confused. He had assumed they were just after one demon.

"He's probably working for that alligator demon, baka" Hiei cut in, annoyed at the fool's stupidity. But before Kuwabara had a chance to retaliate against Hiei for calling him a fool, Yusuke interrupted.

"Maybe, but that guy's only a human. I can't feel any demon energy."

Kurama nodded his head in agreement. Who is this person? But he was interrupted from his thoughts when the enemy started speaking.

"And who's that?" He asked pointing to the newly arrived figure. "Tell your friend to stay put or the girl dies." He said tightening his grip on Botan.

~*~

Ayame tried as best she could to contain her laughter, but a little chuckle escaped her lips. Hiroke didn't even know who she was. Sure she was in her human form but she would've thought that from her scent, being a little like her demon one, he would be able to tell it was her. Obviously she had given him too much of the little credit he had.

"And what's so funny?" Asked the moron that was previously the center of her thoughts. This was going to make things more difficult. She needed to get the girl safely to the Rekai Tantei but if Hiroke thought that she was one of them then there was no way she would be able to get near enough to talk to him without giving away her demon identity.

"Oh nothing." Ayame replied nonchalantly, and then added. "Except that I'm not on their side." While pointing to the Rekai Tantei.

Hiroke looked confused. Big surprise there, she thought sarcastically. Then a plan formed in her head.

"I would like nothing more than to see them killed. That's why I'm here. I have to at least try." Ayame lied, hoping he would buy it. "And from the looks of it, you don't seem to have a great liking of them either. Care to join forces to get rid of them?"

~*~

Hiroke had felt that he wanted to bail on his plans - he didn't care about the girl anymore, just his life - but knew he wouldn't be able to get away. But when he heard the proposal he gladly accepted it. All I have to do is start a fight and escape before any of those fools notice me. Simple. But then the newly formed ally was standing right next to him, and he noticed to his horror that the figure was none other than a human girl.

"Ah! You're a girl!" He declared unceremoniously.

~*~

He's a she?! Kuwabara thought. Then said, "Oi, Urameshi. I can't fight her she's a girl!"

Ayame, obviously hearing this, replied, "And is that going to be a problem for you? Or are you just afraid that you're going to be defeated in front of your friends?"

"No! It's against my honor code. I refuse to fight a woman." He defended himself.

"Hn." Ayame replied uncaringly. "That's fine with me. That's just one less person I'll have to fight."

When no one said anything, she asked challengingly, "So, who wants to go first?"

 

 

A/N: Okay well that was the first chapter. I know it's not to good but it's my first fic and ya gotta start somewhere, ne? Well anyways, whether you have good or bad comments, please review!