Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A hidden Moral to find ❯ A hidden moral to find ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


Okay, once again, so I don't get sued, (I was threatened once because I forgot to ask permission to put them on a shirt.) The characters of yu-yu Hakusho don't belong to me. althoug the panda loving little Panda and store guy Racoon are mine. So have fun if you understand the story.

A HIDDEN MORAL TO FIND
by: PAN-PAN (note: I wrote this before I knew my name for this thing)

"Banana, banana, banana, banana..." Kurama repeated to himself as he walked down the aisle in the shopping center. He had been talking with Hiei about what to do that weekend when his mother had come in. "Shuichi-chan, could you and your friend Hiei go out and get some things for me? I would be so thankful if you did. I'm making strawberry and banana cream cake!" she said brightly. He couldn't say no. "Hai. We'll go right now, won't we Hiei?" Kurama said. "Nani?" he asked, staring at him as if to say, 'She asked you not me.' but he nodded anyway. So there they were walking around the store looking for bananas. "This is going to take too long." Hiei complained. "Well, here," Kurama said tearing the list in half. "You take this and find these things, and I'll find these things, meet over there in one hour." He pointed out the book stand. "Hn." Hiei replied and walked off.
"Hey, where can I find this?" Hiei said as he poked a guy on the shoulder. He turned to see Hiei holding out the list for him to see. "Hmm, laundry detergent, notebook, batteries...." he ran down the list. "Well I'll grab Panda and she'll show you where to get the stuff." he said smiling. He walked over to a tall pail girl with black hair tied into two little buns. "Panda, there's a little kid over there with a list of things to get, could you take him to get the stuff he needs, I think he's confused." the man said. she looked over his shoulder to see a boy in jeans and a black turtleneck with spiky hair looking at the list. "Oh, how cute. He looks like a porcupine. Of course I'll do it Racoon!" she said smiling. He smiled and sighed. "Thanks and stop calling me Racoon." he said. "but you are one, you're a neat freak, you're cuddly, you have rings around your eyes from no sleep and that adds to it, plus you like to go through things and you love shiny stuff." she said. he walked off. "Just go." She smiled. "Okay."
"Hi there. I'm Panda, my friend Racoon said for me to help you. So what do you need?" she asked. "This." he said handing her a list. "Okay, well we'll grab a bag and get all this stuff. Come along porcupine." she said smiling. "Porcupine? What kind of name is that?" He asked, a bit perturbed that a girl would call him that. "Well, you're really quiet, and very on guard and defensive all the time, you probably don't let down except for those who you really care about, and even then. So you need detergent?" she said looking at the list. "Well come with me." she said. He sighed and followed.
"So, why are you here?" he asked as they wer walking, they had gotten halfway through the list and were heading for strawberries. "What do you mean by that?" she asked, looking down at the boy who had been silent until just now. "Well, you don't seem to belong. Your so cheerful and nice. People normally don't act like that." he muttered. They were silent as they stared at the berries. "Well, I always have had a cheerful disposition. I guess when people seemed to be sad, I just thought that if one person were willing to be happy, then they would be too." she said. Then she turned to him smiling happily. "It worked too. Then I started calling people by animals that they act like. Someone said I seemed like a panda, so it stuck. When I saw you I thought, 'he looks like a panda.', but then I saw you seemed to act more like a porcupine, so I called you that instead." They began walking in search of broccoli. "Oh, well, do you want to know my real name?" he asked. "I guess." she said glancing at the produce. "Well, it's Hiei." he said. "Oh, that's such a cute name. Just perfect for a porcupine!" He seemed to blush. "Well, why did you feel that you should be the happy person? Why not let someone else do it?" He asked getting back to the topic. "Well, I guess I thought that if I didn't do it than no one would." they finished off and were walking to the bookrack with a few minutes left when the weirdest question that ever popped out of Hiei's mouth did. "Do I look like someone who would make people happy, and laugh? You know someone who could make you cheerful?' she was taken aback at the question."Well, I guess you could, but to be honest, you seem more like a one person accommodater." she said. "A what?" he asked confused. "Well, you seem like you have found one person and you're content with him. You like to be with him and you think that as long as he's happy the world is perfect." she smiled turning to him. "You're doing just fine. I think that you make that lover of yours giddy with excitement and love living life because you're there." she smiled. "Erm." he attempted to say something but couldn't get it out. "The only thing I can think of that would make you better is if you smiled a bit more." she said jokingly. He was surprised. "Okay." he muttered.
"Oh, so I see you managed to finish your half of the list. So who are you talking to?" Kurama said. Panda and Hiei turned around surprised. "Oh, a fox!" Panda said smiling. Kurama stared confused and looked at Hiei. "She associates everyone with animals." He stated. Kurama nodded, finally understanding. "Well, hello Wolf." he said shaking her hand. "Hello. Wolf... close but no banana. It's Panda. Although sometimes I might seem like it." she said smiling. "So did you get everything?" Hiei asked Kurama. "Oh, yes, everything except one thing." he said. "Oh, what is it and I can find it for you." Panda said smiling. Kurama pointed it out on the list. "Oh, hot dog wieners. I think that there in the back somewhere. I'll get that." with that she walked off.
"So, who's the girl?" Kurama asked. "Oh, she works here. She offered to help me get my stuff." hiei muttered. "She looks like she likes you. You're not going to run off on me to chase her are you?" Kurama asked jokingly. "Maybe." Hiei said. kurama chuckled, pulling Hiei close for a quick kiss. he pulled away a little quickly, not really wanting everyone to see. "Still the same old Hiei." Kurama said. panda came back and handed the package of wieners to Kurama. "Here you go." She said smiling. "Well, thank you for all your help." Kurama said, shaking her hand. "No problem, I enjoy this. Well I guess I better go. I saw racoon a few aisles back and it looks like he needs a hand. Well bye." she said then dashed off.
"You know, this is the strangest day I've every had." Hiei said to himself as he sat at the windowsill, watching the sun set. Kurama came in and sat down beside him, letting both his legs dangle in the air. "You know, shiori is making us some strawberry and banana cream cake. Would you like some?" kurama asked. "Yes, please." Hiei said. kurama walked out only to come back with two huge slabs of cream cake. "Thanks." Hiei said and he smiled.
Owarie.

Okay. I want you to email and see if you can find the moral in this story. When I started this out, I intended it for something else but instead it became this. I guess that sometimes good things come from weird twists. Well I welcome any and all comments, death threats, and advice. Oh, and in the near future I'm looking for a partner to do a duo story! Please e-mail if you're willing to try it. (Those are a lot of fun.)