Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Life Like Mine ❯ Meeting Me ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Life Like Mine
By Sugar High Water Uma
 
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Yu Yu Hakasho, but I have a shiny nickel ^^
 
Hi, my name is Lacy William. I am a 1300-year-old water uma youkai. But it would be 13 the ningen terms. I was adopted into my ningen family at age 500- I mean 5. The only thing that I remember from my past, was that my mother sent me here to save me from bandits, or something along those lines. My family and I just move here (which is Japan) from America, for god knows why. I mean, my life was perfect, I was making A's and A+'s in all my classes, and I had the best of friends that I have ever made. Well, the internal optimist in me is say that this will be another great adventure and that I'll make new friends. Geesh, my internal optimist side sounds so much like my mother. Speaking of mothers, here comes mine.
 
“ Lacy, hurry up or you'll be late for school. And I don't think that you want to be late on your first day.” my mom said from outside of my door.
 
“ Don't worry, I've been up for awhile now.” I replied, while rubbing the sleepys out of my eyes.
 
Ten minutes later, I walked down stairs to eat some breakfast. I was wearing my favorite outfit, blue jeans and a royal blue tang top that said, in bright red writing, ` DANGER! THIS GIRL IS HOT!' Which was true, I guess. I had silkily sky blue hair that went down to my mid back, and my eyes were blue. Most of the boys said, and I quote, ` Lacy, your eyes are like flawless blue gems, that I drown in.' It was a very nice attempt to be poetic, but then I jus started laughing. I mean come on, flawless blue gems!! And then there's my smile. I don't like my smile. Then again, I don't smile a lot. But when I do smile, people just start to stare, which freaks me out a little bit. Then, when I went to hang out with my friends at the mall, one of them told a joke, so I started smiling, then a little boy about 5 came up to me and asked is I was an angel. It was soooo cute. I just said no, and he said you look like an angel though. Then some annoying boy saw this, so he thought he could get a date out of me by coming up and saying, ` Are you an angle?' and of course I punched him out. He was a jerk face. Oops, I got off topic didn't I. Oh well, as I was saying.
 
I walked downstairs and when I reached the kitchen, my mom said, “ Lacy, darling, they have uniforms here.”, in that motherly tone.
 
“ Okay, I'll go change then.” I replied, trying to hide the pissed-off-ness from my voice.
 
Five minutes later, I came downstairs, yet again, wearing the `uniform'. Which was basically a white collared shirt, a blue plaid skirt, black shoes and a match plaid bow for my hair.
 
“ Mother, do I really have to wear this?” I complained, as I was eating a bowl of cereal.
 
“Yes, Lacy, you really have to wear that.” she replied. “ Now get to the bus stop or you'll have to walk to school.
 
“ Ok, see ya after school then.” I said while walking to the front door.
“ And don't forget to speak in Japanese now.” She reminded me.
 
Mothers, nature's greatest pest.