Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Little Bit of Demon ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kotala sat under a tree while Nekros sat on one of the limbs above her.
"What do you think?" Kotala asked looking up at Nekros.
"It's better than the Makai." Nekros said matter-of-factly.
Kotala smiled, "Hai. That it is."
With that said she leaned her head on the trunk and closed her eyes.
*~*~*~
"Why do we have to check this out? Isn't this why he had Urameshi and that tall baka?" Hiei complained as he walked.
"Yusuke and Kuwabara have school today. Koenma made them go to see if the demons enrolled there." Kurama answered.
"Then shouldn't you be in school?" Hiei replied with a smerk of satisfaction.
"Suiichi left school early for an appointment." He replied confidently.
Kurama was given a "Hn." and then silence.
The two then entered the park, looking for anyone who could recognize their ki signiture.
~*~*~*
Nekros hopped down and landed next to Kotala.
She poked Kotala, not to gently in the arm. "Oi!"
Kotala slowly opedned one eye and looked at her 'attacker'.
"Wha?" She asked sleepily.
"You scence that? Fellow demons!" Nekros said, excitement building, but that died quickly. "Let's hope they're not aggressive. Here they come."
That got Kotala's attention. She opened the other eye and streched as she got to her feet.
"Let's go say 'hello'!" Kotala said walking in their direction.
Nekros followed behind, not quiet as excited but interested.
*~*~*~
Hiei noted the approch first.
"To your left. Two of them." Hiei said, thinking they were just girls looking to compliment Kurama's style and flirt shamelessly.
When the girls were but a foot or two away the boys nodiced the ki signitures.
"Why make themselves so obvious like that?" Kurama wondered quietly.
"Because we did." Hiei replied bluntly.
Kurama grinned sheepishly as he relised his mistake.
"I thought you were the smart one." Hiei teased.
Kurama replied with the classic Hiei "Hn." to which both boys smiled slightly.
In the distraction the two girls had made their way to them.
"Hello." the taller of the two said bluntly. "My name is Kotala. That's Nekros."
"Hello. I'm Kurama and this is Hiei." He said as he motioned to Hiei.
Hiei responded with a "Hn." as to not get drawn into a conversation.
"Wow! Kurama and Hiei. Living Ledgends. Well, nightmares, really. You know the bounty on your heads?" Kotala asked cheerfully.
"Well that shoots that idea out the window. Their probubly here to take us back." Nekros grumbled.
Kurama was about to interject when Kotala cut him off.
"They'd have to catch us first."
To which Hiei laughed.
"Catching low class demons like yourselves would be a small and easy feat!"
"I resent being called a plain demon! For your information, I'm a spirit. Wolf to be precise." Kotala replied with pride.
"Well good for you." Hiei replied, unimpressed.
"Maybe I should show you a spirit's power!" Kotala growled, her voice raiseing.
Both of them flaired their ki.
"Ok, time for both of you to back down." Nekros said. "People are stareing."
Kotala and Hiei glared at each other then Kotala stuck out her tounge and turned away.
Hiei was taken aback. Kurama giggled.
"I'll show you Urufu." Hiei muttered.
"Baka Ikkoku..." Kotala grumbled