Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Makai Friendship ❯ The Old Days ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

BlackRoseVixen05: Hello, Everyone! Thank you soooooo much for joining me in my first fanfiction! And now, without further delay, let's get this show on the road, y'all!! And please forgive me. I know that everyone is OOC. Oh, and just so you know, Hiei is taller in this fanfic.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho.
 
 
 
Deep in the Makai Forest, a young female demon led her band of thieves away from a castle that had just become another victim of their thievery. Seilez, the leader of the group, ran swiftly through the forest, clearing out a safe path for the others to follow. Her band of five thieves were the only demons she knew she could trust.
 
Still running with great speed, Seilez glanced back at her mates. Smirking, she yelled to them, "Great work, everyone! A job well done." She chuckled to herself as her team nodded in agreement.
 
Kuro, a bat demon and the youngest of the group, flew gracefully through the air, smiling down at his friends. Gliding down to his friends, Kuro said, playfully, "Did you guys see the looks on those guards' faces? That was hilarious!" He laughed, and returned to the sky.
"Yes, Kuro, I saw them." She said, chuckling at Kuro's silliness. Seilez lead the group until they finally made it to their hideout. Collapsing on the grass in the front yard, Seilez sighed, saying, "Woo! That was fun." It had been a while since their last heist, and Seilez thought that they could use some sport. That's how the idea of their heist had come to be.
"I agree, Seilez. I think that was one of our best." Said Shenzi, the wolf demon, and one of Seilez's closest friends. "Those guys didn't know what hit them." Shenzi continued, raking a comb through her her long hair while she sat on the balcony with her legs crossed.
"So true." Seilez said, gazing up at the beautiful night sky. At that moment, Kuro happened to be flying around over head. Looking down, he spotted Seilez and a fun idea popped into his playful mind. He flew high into the sky, turned around quickly, and began to nose-dive, heading straight for Seilez. Down below, Seilez cracked open an eye and saw Kuro coming right at her. Surprised by the sight, she quickly jumped to her feet which wasn't the wisest choice. Kuro, not expecting her to jump up so quickly, couldn't stop in time to avoid Kuro colliding with Seilez. This sent both of them to the ground. Kuro hit hard, rolling a few times, before finally landing flat on his back. Seilez's landing didn't go that smoothly. She had been thrown back further than Kuro. She went rolling down the hill and stopped when her head met with the force of a tree.
"Oww," Kuro groaned, sitting up slowly, rubbing the back of his head.
"Oww, Kuro!! What the hell did you do that for?!" Yelled Seilez, getting up, her forehead trickling a streak of blood.
"Oh, I'm sorry, Seilez. I wasn't expecting you to jump up like that." Kuro said, chuckling nervously, and rubbing the back of his head, sheepishly.
"Damn you, Kuro! All I wanted was some peace and quiet, and of course I'm going to jump up when I see something flying right at me! You can be so childish sometimes!" Seilez yelled, walking over to the lake, and washing the blood from her forehead.
"Jeeze, Seilez, I was only playing. Sorry," Kuro said, quietly, opening his wings and flying up to the roof of the hideout. Sitting down on the roof, he pulled his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around them. He felt bad about making Seilez mad, he wasn't trying to, it was only a game. Sighing to himself, he rested his head on his arms and closed his eyes. 'Maybe this way, I won't bother anyone...,' he thought, sadly.
Meanwhile, from down below, Seilez had watched Kuro fly away to the roof of the house. She heard him whisper that he was sorry, and she could feel the hurt in his voice. She looked down at the ground, remembering what she had said to him. She hadn't meant it. She knew he was only playing, yet she yelled at him anyway. Sighing, she leaped up to the roof where Kuro sat. When Seilez saw the hurt look on his face, she felt even worse about what she had said.
 
"Kuro....", she said, walking over to him. He opened his violet eyes again and looked at her with a sad expression.
"I'm sorry, Kuro. I didn't mean to yell at you. I understand that you were only playing. So don't feel bad, okay?" She said, kneeling down to hug him. She felt him tense up in her arms, but after a moment he relaxed.
"Okay, Seilez. I'm still sorry, and I'll be more careful next time," he said, looking up at her.
"You do that," she said, smiling and pulled his hat down over his eyes, playfully. Pulling his hat back again, he smiled one of his playful smiles at her, letting her know he felt better. Smiling back at him, she said, "Well, later, Batz. I'm going inside." With that, she leaped down from the roof and landed gracefully on the ground below.
"All right, Seilez. I'll be on later," he yelled from the roof, waving at her. Giving him a smile and a slight wave, she slowly walked inside the house to the living room. Plopping down on the couch, she sighed happily.
'Finally. Some peace and quiet,' she thought. 'Hmm, I wonder where Yoko is?' Then she relaxed on the couch.
 
Yoko, the spirit fox and second in command, walked into the living room at that very moment. He saw Seilez on the couch and assumed her to be asleep. Silently making his way over to the other couch which faced Seilez, he too laid down to doze. Sensing someone else in the room, Seilez cracked open an eye. She opened them both when she spotted Yoko's sleeping form across the room from her. Quietly, she got up and made her way over to him. She kneeled and sat down on the floor beside him. She watched his beautiful face as he peacefully slept. Seeming to move on its own, her hand came up and touched his smooth brow. Her fingers traced from his forehead, down to his petal-soft lips. She wondered how they would feel on hers. She blushed at the thought and pulled her hand away, but she continued to stare at his sleeping face. She almost jumped out of her skin when she realized that he was now staring at her.
"Oh! Yoko," she said in surprise.
"Seilez? You're awake? I'm sorry. Did I disturb you?" he asked as he sat up. Without even replying, Seilez jumped to her feet and ran upstairs to her room, blushing the entire way. She quickly ran towards her room. At the door, she paused.
"Seilez?" A voice came from behind her. Turning around, she saw Yoko standing right behind her. Her eyes widened in surprise as her color changed to that of a beet.
"Oh, Yoko, don't scare me like that," she said looking away, trying to hide her blush.
"I'm sorry, but why did you run away?" he asked, curiously. Seilez continued to blush, saying, "Oh, no reason. It was nothing." She took a few steps back, forgetting that the stairs were behind her.
"Well, you ran off so sudden that--", he stopped mid-sentence, noticing that Seilez was only a few steps away from a terrible fall. His golden eyes widened upon seeing this.
"Seilez, watch out!!" he cried. Just as he said this, she felt herself begin to lose balance. In one fluid motion, Yoko had wrapped his arms around Seilez as she fell. He shifted his body so that he would take the pain of the impact. He held her close as they fell, shielding her from the force of hitting the hardwood floor. Time seemed to slow down for Seilez. As soon as she felt herself begin to fall, she closed her eyes tightly, waiting for the pain to come, but it never did. Opening her eyes, saw that she was on top of Yoko and that they were on the downstairs floor. Realization then hit her, Yoko must have covered her with his own body to protect her from the fall.
"Yoko!" she said, quickly getting off of him. Yoko opened his golden eyes to look at her through blurred vision.
"Seilez... Are you all right?" he asked, sitting up slowly. He winced as he sat up, his head pounding with pain from the impact.
"Yes, I'm fine. I'm so sorry. I should have been more careful." Seilez said as she felt the sting of tears in her eyes.
"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm just glad you didn't get hurt." he said, giving her a smile. Just then, Seilez glanced at the floor, and her eyes widened at the small pool of blood. Yoko, following Seilez's shocked stare, also found the red pool. He reached his hand up to touch the back of his head. His fingertips were matted with warm red liquid.
"Yoko, I'm so sorry." Seilez said, tearing off a piece of her shirt sleeve and pressing it against the wound.
"I told you it's all right. I'll be fine. Don't worry." Yoko said, moving his hand up to hold the piece of cloth in place.
"Yes, but... You wouldn't have gotten hurt if I had been paying more attention," Seilez said, looking away, her tears finally spilling. Yoko smiled at her.
"Seilez, do not blame yourself. It was me who ran to save you. I chose to do that. I'd rather risk myself than see you get hurt. So, don't feel bad, alright?" Yoko said, his smile never leaving his face.
"Yoko...." Seilez whispered, putting her arms around him and hugging him. Yoko smiled warmly down at her, wrapping his free arm around her shoulders, returning the hug.
"I'm sorry I surprised you when you were sleeping." Seilez said with her head resting on Yoko's chest.
"It's all right. I had just hoped that I hadn't bothered you." Yoko said, stroking Seilez's hair. Seilez closed her eyes and relaxed, wishing she could stay this close to Yoko forever.
"Don't worry, I wasn't bothered at all." Seilez said, snuggling against Yoko's chest more.
"I'm glad to hear that, but why did you run away when I woke up?" Yoko asked, a curious look on his face. Yoko felt Seilez stiffen.
"Because... I..." Seilez said, trying to find the right words.
"Because... What?" Yoko asked, looking into Seilez's eyes. Seilez grimaced. That was her weakness, Yoko's eyes.
"Because... I like... you..." Seilez mumbled, hoping Yoko wouldn't hear, but knowing that he had. Indeed, Yoko had heard clear as day. Staring at her wide-eyed, Yoko wondered if he was reading more into that than he should.
"You... you do?" Yoko asked, his face showing slight surprise.
"...Yes..." Seilez said, quietly. Standing up, Seilez felt very embarrassed. She was about to run away when Yoko stood up as well.
"I like you, too, Seilez." Yoko said, smiling. Upon hearing this, Seilez didn't care if she was reading too much into this or not. Seilez smiled brightly, all but throwing herself into Yoko's arms, and burying her face in his chest. Yoko smiled down at her lovingly as he held her close. Then an awful thought made its way into Seilez's mind: What if he was lying? Seilez pulled away from Yoko's embrace, staring into his eyes with a serious and sad look on her face.
"Do you really? Please tell me you do..." She asked, fearing the worst. Reaching his hand up to touch her face, Yoko smiled lovingly at Seilez.
"Yes, I mean it. I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it, Seilez. Plus, I would never lie to you. You mean too much to me." He said, pulling Seilez closer to him. Seilez let a sigh of relief escape her lips as she leaned against his chest again.
"Thank you, Yoko." Seilez said, quietly. Yoko only continued to smile as he held her, never wanting the hug to end.
Unbeknownst to Yoko and Seilez, they were being watched. At the top of the stairs stood Shenzi. She had been watching Yoko and Seilez for a while now. She stood, leaning on the railing of the stairs, smiling to herself.
'Well, it's about time,' she thought to herself. It had been so obvious to the other members of the group that she and Yoko had feelings for each other, and it was about time they wised up to it.
"Boy, they sure seem cozy," a deep voice said from behind Shenzi. She turned around to see Hiei, the dragon demon, standing behind her.
"Yeah, and it's about time," Shenzi said, looking down to Yoko and Seilez. Shenzi heard Hiei chuckle, saying, "Tell me about it." It was Shenzi's turn to chuckle that time. It was more than nice to see Seilez and Yoko together, finally.
"I'm happy for them," Shenzi said, quietly. Looking down at Yoko and Seilez, Hiei finally built up the courage to do something he had been wanting to do for a long time.
"Shenzi, follow me. I want to show you something," Hiei said grabbing Shenzi's hand gently. Shenzi blinked in slight confusion, but followed anyway. Hiei led Shenzi outside, taking her to a clearing in the forest that was surrounded by the most beautiful cherry trees Shenzi had ever seen. The soft wind blew gently through the trees, causing the petals to fall and dance around in the air.
"What do you think?" Hiei asked, breaking the silence that had settled between them as they walked. Hiei's voice snapped Shenzi out of her heart-filled daze and brought her back to reality.
"Hmm? Oh, the trees... they're so beautiful. I love them," Shenzi said, glancing up. Hiei smiled at her.
"I'm glad you like them. I take care of them sometimes."
Shenzi gave Hiei a slightly surprised look. Then she smiled.
"That's very kind of you, Hiei. They're lovely." Shenzi said smiling warmly at him. Shenzi's eyes widened when Hiei's arms snaked themselves around her waist and held her close. Slightly shocked by Hiei's actions, Shenzi found herself blushing madly.
"Hiei... W-what are you doing?" Shenzi asked with her face flushed. For a while, Hiei didn't move or answer. He just stood there, holding her in his arms. Finally, he answered.
"Shenzi... I've been wanting to tell you for awhile now that... I think I'm in love with you... In fact, I don't think, I know... I'm in love with you, Shenzi...," Hiei whispered, bracing himself for whatever was about to come next. To his surprise, he felt Shenzi relax into his embrace, letting her head rest against his chest. "Shenzi... Does this mean...?" Hiei asked, hopefully.
"Yes, Hiei... I love you, too...," Shenzi said, her voice in a whisper. Hiei's heart was doing a happy dance, though he wasn't going to let on. He merely smiled to himself and continued to hold her.
"That makes me happy to know. Thank you, Seilez," Hiei whipsered, looking into Shenzi's eyes.
"You're very welcome, Hiei." Shenzi said, looking up at Hiei. Not being able to hold back anymore, Hiei leaned forward slightlyand kissed Shenzi softly on the mouth. Shenzi was surprised at first, but she quickly relaxed and returned the kiss. Unbeknownst to Hiei and Shenzi, the tables had turned and now Seilez and Yoko were watching them. Yoko and Seilez stood quietly on the balcony overlooking the area where Hiei and Shenzi were standing.
"Hey, guys, when's the wedding?" Seilez called out to them, playfully. Realizing that they were not alone, Hiei quickly pushed away from Shenzi, his cheeks afire. Shenzi looked up at Yoko and Seilez, glaring. She shook her head at them, finally replying to what Seilez had said.
"Oh, yeah? Look who's talking! We saw you two downstairs." Shenzi said with a smirk on her face. Seilez glowed red and looked away, trying to hide it. Yoko merely chuckled at Shenzi's comment. Meanwhile, Kuro stuck his head out of the upstairs window and glared down at his friends, somewhat annoyed. He had been asleep, and they had awakened him with their talking.
"Dude, could you guys get any louder? People are trying to sleep, ya know!" Kuro screeched.
"Oh! hey, Kuro. We're sorry. We didn't mean to wake you. Go back to sleep." Shenzi said, looking up at the slightly angry bat.
"Yeah, we'll be quiet. You can go back to sleep if you want. I know it's late." Seilez said, looking up as well. Kuro, known for his random mood-swings, grinned playfully at his friends.
"Nah, I'm up now. Might as well stay up." He said, opening his wings and gliding down to where his friends stood. Seilez laughed lightly, her eyes flashing with amusement at Kuro's sudden change of mood.
"Hey, let's go back inside, you guys. It's getting late, and we haven't looked over what we stole from the castle yet." Shenzi stated.
"Oh, that's right! We better get started, then," Seilez said turning to walk back inside the house with Yoko following. Everyone took a seat in the living room and waited for Seilez to return with the bag of loot they had collected. She brought in a large bag, sat it in the center of the floor, and opened it. When the tie was removed from the top of the bag, the floor was suddenly flooded with gold coins, rubies, sapphire, emeralds, and tons of other rare jewels. The band of thieves had truly outdone themselves this time. Smiling at each other, the group of friends began to sort through their loot, putting each jewel in its own pile. After two hours, they were finally done. The jewels were sorted and put away in the safe.
"Man, I thought we'd never finish," Kuro groaned. "I'm going to bed, you guys. 'Night," Kuro said, opening his wings and quietly flying upstairs to his room.
"Night, Kuro." Seilez said, watching him fly upstairs.
"I'm going to bed as well. Good night, everyone," Shenzi said, walking towards the stairs. As she passed Hiei, she leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.
"Good-night, Hiei," She said in a low voice. Hiei embarassed by her open display of affection choked on his words, "Sleep well, Shenzi." She smiled at him, and slowly walked up the stairs to her room. Hiei smiled to the others and also walked upstairs to his own room. Seilez and Yoko stood at the bottom of the stairs, watching as their friends ascended the stairs to their rooms. Glancing over to Seilez, Yoko smiled and took her hand in his, gently leading her along the same path their friends had taken. Seilez merely smiled back and followed quietly. Yoko stopped walking when they reached Seilez's room. He smiled to her, letting go of her hand so that she could enter her bedroom.
"Good-night, Seilez," he said, smiling as she opened the door to her room.
"Good-night, Yoko." Seilez said, leaning forward, giving Yoko a soft kiss on the lips. He melted for a moment, then began to return the kiss. After a moment, Seilez pulled away. Yoko smiled at her, reaching his hand up to move a few strands of hair from her face.
"Sleep well, Seilez. Night," he said, smiling at her once more, then turning to walk down the hall to his room. Seilez sighed happily to herself, saying quietly, "Thank you, I will. Good-night, Yoko. I love you..." With that, she closed the door, ready for sleep, and wanting to dream sweet dreams of love.
The next day the five friends were out in an open meadow, training happily together. Thoughts of love and togetherness filled the air that they breathed and made them swoon with delight. But unbeknownst to them, this would be the last day they would be able to train together for more than fifteen years...
 
 
 
BlackRoseVixen05: Well, I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter. Please do me a favor and review! If I get enough reviews, I will update as soon as possible. Thank you all. ^_^ Peace! R&R!!!