Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ All Down Hill From Here ❯ I only cry when theres something to cry about ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: I Only Cry When There Is Something to Cry About
By: The almighty Amy
Enjoy
I do not own anything…
I approached him as cautiously as I could, shivering in part for the freezing rain and also in part from the fear I felt. This boy had the look of a caged animal in his eye, one that said he was willing to put his all into one last fight. Taking another step forward he held up his finger and thumb to make the shape of a gun, I froze.
“I'm not trying to hurt you.” I offered in hopes to quell his fear, “So please don't move, you are injured.” Well of course he probably knew he was hurt but words were abandoning me at the moment.
He seemed to trust me because he dropped his hand limply to his side, with his eyes drooping from exhaustion he watched me approach. Looking at the wounds I could see that he had all ready lost too much blood, it pooled around him and saturated everything. How was he still alive? Or even conscious for that matter.
There were exactly three major wounds, one on his shoulder, one on his left side near the hip bones and the final one which was through the right part of his chest. I didn't need to ask what caused this one because it was still there, a large icicle that refused to melt even under his hot sticky blood.

“Don't ask me to explain.” He must have read my thoughts, because right at that moment a big `what the fuck' was running through my head.
I nodded, at least for now he could be off the hook. Might as well wait until he was better and I knew for sure he was going to live before I bombarded him with questions to satisfy my curiosity. “I think we should get you to a doctor to remove this, I'm afraid I'll do more damage taking it out.”
He shook his head, “Trust me its doing more damage in there than it could possibly do coming out.”
Well, it was a large icicle so I obviously wasn't the authority on the matter, heck I didn't even know what to do if a normal thing stabbed a person. “Ok, I'll pull it out. But if you end up being worse off, you can't sue me.”
I put my hands over the weapon but froze in shock again. What if I killed him? What if I couldn't get it out? I swallowed hard hoping to clear my thoughts as I cleared my throat. No dice.
“Fine I'll do it.” The boy put his hands over my own. “I'll do most of the work but you need to pull as well.”
I pushed his hand away, “I can do it ok!” I said in a stern tone which made him smirk. He's dying you'd think he could act a little more like it.
Ok Jordan, you can do this. It's just a really big splinter and it will be nothing you can't manage, “One… Two…” and with one giant tug I pulled it free from his body.
That wasn't the bad part, the bad part was dealing with all the blood that shot out every where, covering my face, my hands, and my clothes. It stained anything it touched and I thought for sure if this boy didn't pass out from the sure agony that must have been I would pass out from revulsion.
“You all right there?”
Shock that was the only word that could describe what I was feeling, “How are you ok?”
“Easy I'm not a pansy like you. Now help me up.” He pushed his body against the tree and began to push himself up with his legs.

“I've got you.” I said dryly, moving myself under his shoulder to support him. He allowed me to help him with out feigning any macho man heroics. Maybe he was worse off than he was letting on. “Are you sure you are going to make it all right?”
He nodded slightly, “Let's just get out of here before he comes back.”

“You mean it was a man who did this to you?”
“What else would it have been?”
“Good point.” I felt stupid but this attack on a boy just didn't seem possible by something that was human. It was too brutal, not to mention the weapon but that would be something I would have to ponder to myself as I tried to sleep that night. Sleep was going to evade me I could always tell. I was easy to suppress things that were horrific while they were happening but at night when I was all alone in my bed with nothing else to think about, well let's just say it wasn't so easy then.
I continued to carry him through out the misty forest, the heavy rain washing away most of the blood except the parts that stained my clothes. Looking at him I could tell that the bleeding in his chest hadn't lessened any. “Look we need to put pressure on that or something.” I stopped walking and he shot me an irritated look.
“No, what we need to do is get the hell out of here.” He tried to walk further but didn't get very far with out my help.
“It will only take a second but if you keep trying to run around while your half dead and bleeding all over the place whoever tried to end your life will have done exactly as planned so you are either going to sit down and let me wrap it up or walk around with my fingers in your side, your choice.”
After debating the idea in his head he finally decided that I had a very good point and allowed me to sit him down. I grabbed the only things I could, using clean leaves and my now dirty sleeves as a bandage. “I wanted a new uniform anyways.”
“Pink.”
I looked him in the eye as he said the word, “What? Don't tell me you are too manly for pink.”
He smirked at me, “No, I know a kid who goes to your school. His name is Kurama.”
“I've never heard of him. What grade is he in?”
He blinked several times. “I've never actually asked him that.”
“You two must be the best of friends then.” I commented as I continued to position the make shift bandage on his body.
“We are better friends than you think.”
He didn't say anything else after that, and I didn't want him to. I was afraid the energy he used to talk to me was taking away from his healing. I helped him up once again and we ventured onward out of the mini forest the two of us had stumbled into. As we walked the rain lessened and the trees dispersed. I could see a squad car in the distance. “Well look who finally showed up. I called them how long ago.”
This seemed to panic him. “We need to get out of here. Or hide until they are gone or something.”

“What are you talking about? They can help you just give them a description of the guy and I'm sure they will search the forest until they find whoever did this to you.”
“I don't want them to find him.”
I was getting more confused by the second, “What do you mean?”

“If they did this to ME what makes you think those guys will be off any better.”

“Well, they have guns and back up and a lot of things. I don't know it is what they are trained to do, help the helpless.”
“You aren't getting it.” He began to pull his arm away from me. “I'm not helpless and I had back up before all this started. We need to get out of here; the cops just ask too many questions, way more than I am ever willing to answer.”
I still was skeptic; I mean how was I to know that this boy wasn't just as bad as the one who did this to him. Or he got that wound because he attacked someone and they were merely fighting in self defense. These thoughts continued to pile into my brain. What had I gotten myself into?

“No, I think we should go see the police.”
That seemed to finally set him off. “Fine go to them, but I'm not so you be on your merry way.”
 
“No, please stop.” I couldn't let him go, not like that. For some odd reason, despite these strange and alarming circumstances I felt safer with him than I did going to those police. “I'll hide with you ok? After that we get you healed and I want no if's and's or but's about it.”
“You have a deal.”
“Hey, what is your name?”

“It's Yusuke. What is yours?”

“I'm Jordan.”
“Well Jordan, lets get out of here before we get discovered.”
We began to walk along the edge of the forest, staying out of site from cars, but close enough so we wouldn't get lost. I thought we were almost out of the clear when I heard something behind us. “Out of the way!” Yusuke shouted but I was at least two steps behind him because the next thing I knew I was on the ground and a surge of blue light was engulfing everything around me.