Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ All Pretty Things Must End... ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All Pretty Things Must End

By Shizuru of the Darkness Flame

Hey, this is my very first fanfic on MediaMiner.org, and my very first angst, one-shot, AND character POV fanfic! ^^;; a lot of firsts, huh? I usually write humor/parody, but I thought I'd try something new. Reviews and reviewers are loved, and flames are laughed at, and used to cook my dinner and warm my bed for the night (gotta find a use for 'em, ne?). Constructive criticism is appreciated, though. OK, I'll stop rambling, and get on with the story... Umm... Thing! ^^;;

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Blood.

It's trickling down you're face, arms, legs and chest.

You scream and cry, and you're forest green eyes widen, the pain tearing you apart.

But there's no one to hear you.

To save you.

You look pretty when you're helpless.

But all pretty things must end... I know you can't live forever.

The blade slashes your fragile body once more.

Skin rips.

It was already torn, though.

And it will tear once more.

Again, and again, and again...

"Will the pain ever cease?", I can almost hear you asking yourself in that pretty little head of yours, surrounded by silky crimson locks. You're face tightens with each slash of my blade, the blade that's covered with the thick, crimson fluid that flows out of your own veins.

I won't let the pain cease. You look wonderfully tortured like this.

Your pulse goes fainter.

Your face becomes pale.

Like paper.

You're torn like paper, too.

You're heart is beating so hard, so fast. I can hear it struggling to keep you alive. The frantic beating is music to my ears.

Death lingers in the air. You're leaving the living world soon.

...All pretty things must end. I can't let you live forever... All things that seem ideal at first turn sour. Nothings stays good for ever.

And yet... I feel a tinge of sadness at the thought of you leaving me. I wish you could stay... I know you can't, but I do. Have I not rid myself of all feelings?

You're breathing goes faster.

You're lips part.

You want to scream, but you can't.

You're too weak.

Too fragile.

All pretty things must end...

But this time, as I acknowledge this, something trickles down my face. Something clear.

It tastes salty, salty like a sad blue ocean in winter.

Apparently, my emotions have not left me yet.

I take the blade, already stained with you're blood, and slash my wrist in anger, sadness, and pain.

Like my emotions...

This pain will not leave me.

And I wish it would.

...All pretty things must end.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

How was that? Kind of short, I know, but it is a one shot, after all... By the way, the stuff about him thinking all pretty things must end, and how he has pain on the inside, are based on a theory of mine: Karasu feels that he must destroy all that he loves because in the past, he got hurt because someone he loved was taken away from him... He doesn't want to re-live that sort of pain, so he stripped himself of all emotions (or at least tried to), and started killing everything that appeals to him. ^^;; a bit of a weird thought, I know, but it's just some theory of mine...

By the way, I don't think Karasu is dead. ^.~