Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ An Old Enemy ❯ The Twins Versus Musume ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Twins Versus Musume
 
“Hurry up!” the twins cried as they rushed into the chamber where the Spirit Detectives lay helpless. In the center of the chamber stood Musume with a green orb in her hands. She laughed at the images of the detectives.
 
“Koenma was so stupid for choosing the five of you for his missions. Now look at you, you could not even see my father's trap. How utterly pathetic.”
 
The demoness entered the chamber after the twins. She stared at the fallen warriors in shock. Then she saw Sasha. Her claws began to extend along with her fangs and her eyes turned red. No one hurt Sasha and lived to tell about it. That little girl was going to pay dearly for this.
 
Musume turned towards the new comers, “Oh hello. Is there something I can do for you?”
 
The feline nodded, “Release them.”
 
“Oh Noe you can't defeat me. I don't care how much power you have, you can never defeat me.”
 
Hoshi turned towards his companion, “Noe? Aunt Noe? Is that really you?”
 
Noe nodded, “Yes it's me. Now Musume release them!”
 
Musume laughed, “I don't feel like it. Anyways you don't have the power to beat me Noe. Therefore you are of no threat.”
 
Bara tugged on Noe's leg, “Aunt Noe, we need you to do something for us.”
 
“What?”
 
“We need you to wait for the right moment so you can grab that orb. Once you have the orb then you can release everyone.”
 
Noe sighed, “Very well I will trust you for now but only but you are my niece and nephew.”
 
Bara and Hoshi turned towards Musume. She watched them with amusement. Surely these human children did not think they could defeat her? Musume could not figure out why her father had been worried about these two. They were toddlers with no real power. There was nothing that they could do.
 
Hoshi closed his eyes and began to glow a dark green. The light enveloped the room drowning out the light of the carvings on the floor. Plants appeared from out of nowhere spreading until they hit a sheild that surrounded Musume. Inside the sheild Musume cried out in frustration.
 
If she were to let down the sheild those plants would be on her seconds. On the other hand by keeping the sheild up, she was lowering the power of the trap. The little kid was putting her in a corner. Then out of the corner of her eye, Musume saw that more plants with a lighter glow were inside the sheild.
 
Jumping into the air as she lowered the sheild, Musume hissed in anger. So the twins did have power. And they were obviously skilled with their powers as well. But how? They had been born human. Had their parents demonic powers transferred to them?
 
Just then two arrows flew towards her body causing her to drop the orb in an effort to dodge the attack. Realizing her blunder too late, Musume dove to get it. However before she could reach it, Noe had it within her grasp. Musme screamed as she lept away from the plants coming towards her. Without the orb she had no power. Furious now she dove after Noe in an attempt to regain her power.
 
Vines shot towards her trapping her in a sticky web. She tried in vain to free herself but found that the harder she tried the more she was trapped. She continued to try and escape but nothing was working. Then two arrows flew towards her. There would be no escape.
 
“NO!” Musume screamed as the arrows pierced her body. In seconds her body had crumbled to dust.
 
Noe watched the whole thing in amazement. Did Sasha and Kurama realize how much power these two held? Her thoughts were interrupted by two pairs of hands tugging on her legs. Once again they were the innocent toddlers that she remembered.
 
“Give the orb to us Aunt Noe,” Hoshi said, “You don't know how to work it.”
 
“Here you go.”
 
The twins both held onto the orb sending their power into it. It responded instantly sending a layer of fog into the chamber. When the entire floor was covered, it glowed green before disappearing. Then the orb itself vanished.
 
“There now they will wake up soon.”
 
Just as predicted the detectives rose to their feet looking around the room in confusion. When they saw the twins, they rushed over to see if they were alright. The twins meerly laughed at the thought.
 
“Hoshi, Bara, you're alright!” Sasha sobbed, “How did you get free?”
 
“Aunt Noe saved us and then we saved you,” Bara giggled.
 
“What?” Kurama questioned as he turned towards his sister-in-law.
 
Noe nodded, “It's true. I rescued them from the dungeons but they insisted upon returning. They used their powers to release you from the darkness.”
 
“Powers?” Hiei said.
 
“Yeah Uncle Hiei!” Hoshi cried before he stopped to hear his stomach rumbling, “Can we go home now? I'm hungry!”
 
“You're always hungry!” Bara frowned.
 
“So are you!”
 
“No I'm not!”
 
“Yes you are!”
 
“Come on you two or we're leaving you!” Yusuke smirked.
 
“Yes Uncle `Usuke!”
 
Next Time:
The battle is over so there is just one more chapter left. Please join me one last time in New Beginnings.