Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Another Youko ❯ Identity Crisis ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Konnichi-wa minna-chan. ^^ Here's chappie two- I hope you like it! Anyway…. I haven't been home much lately, so updating was out of the question. I'm sorry if you think it's been too long since I last updated, but like I said, I wasn't home much. Hey! I have an idea! If ya'll review more, then maybe it'll hype me up to work on the next chappie sooner! That'd make you happy, wouldn't it? *laugh* Well, I've babbled on long enough. Here's the story:

Disclaimer: If I owned YYH or Sailormoon, this fanfic would be a manga, because if I was the owner, I'd have great art skills thus allowing me to put this fiiccie in manga format. Hmm… *muses over the idea of drawing this. fanfiction*

***************************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*********** ********************

By the time Makoto's tutoring was over, it was well past nine and very dark. And although he wanted so badly to run home and find out what Koenma wanted this time, Kurama's sense of chivalry bugged him to walk his female companion home.

She giggled at the offer. "I may be new, but I'm not stupid, Suicchi. Look, thank you for putting up with me and tutoring me in the subject from hell. You can go find out whatever it was the others went of to and I'll walk myself home. Believe me when I say I can take care of myself." Makoto hugged her new friend and ran off into the night, calling over her shoulder as she ran. "Thank you again Suiichi! Perhaps we'll meet again soon!"

Kurama smiled as she dissappeared. //She smelled like roses.// He gathered his belongings and headed to Yusuke's, wondering all the way there what mission Koenam wanted to send them on now.

~*^*~

"WHAT?!"

"I'm sorry to say it, but it's true. Karasu has managed to escape death and is growing more powerful by implementing the use of 5 celestial pendants. Each one has it's own unique powers and are indeed a force to be reckoned with. I'm afraid to say that he's become more powerful than the entire Toguro team was at the tournament." Botan stopped her recitation of Koenma's explanation long enough to cast a quick glance in Kurama's direction. Out of all of the Spirit Detectives, his hate of the crow was the hottest.

"So our mission is to kill Karasu and get the pieces of jewelry back?" Yususke smiled grimly. This was not going to be fun.

"I don't like it." Kuwabara stated. "Necklaces sound too girly."

"Kittens, Kuwabara, kittens."

"Shut up Urameshi! Or else I'll kick your-"

"Now, now boys." Botan seperated the two with her arms. "We'll need both of you alive in order to stop him. So if you could-" Sighing at the consecutive interuptions, she opened her communicator and found herself staring at her boss' frantic face.

"Botan! There's a group of demons attacking about five blocks from your current location! Get the Urameshi Team out there NOW!"

"Yes sir!" She turned to the 4 detectives, only to find that they'd exited the room and were on there way.

~*^*~

Makoto had almost made it home to her apartment when a number of C-class demons attacked her. //Damn! Not even two days and I've been found!// Knowing that she couldn't defeat them in her present state, she glanced around to see if anyone was looking before she dropped the spell and transformed into her youko self. Makoto felt her curly brown human hair straighten into the silky silverness that went with her fox form as her human ears changed and moved ontop of her head. As makoto felt her much-liked fox ears, she noticed her clothes had reverted as well. Ah, well, all for the better. At least no one would recognize her. //10 of them? Heh, no problem.//

Three of the demons launched themselves at her, teeth and claws bared, but were soon diminished to mere scraps by makoto's Rose Whip- choice weapon among spirit foxes. "Any others want a go?"

The other apparitions, enraged by their brothers' demises, used their spirit energy together in an attempt to blast the proverbial hell out of their enemy.

Makoto just laughed and jumped high into the air, dodging all seven attacks gracefully. Still airborne, she swept her whip across the group and killed them. She landed with a soft `tip' and shook her head, laughing. "Why do they always stand in lines? It almost makes it too easy." Turning, she picked up her bags and froze by what she saw.

~*^*~

Yusuke and friends had arrived just in time to see 5 demons get hacked in half by a silver blur. When it landed, it muttered somehting unintelligable and turned towards them, freezing upon seeing them. The fighter was a fox spirit-a female fox spirit at that- with beauitiful silver hair in a high ponytail that reached past her calves and and big golden eyes. She seemed to be surprised at their appearance, if her wide eyes were any indication.

Yusuke glanced at Kurama, who looked just as dumbfounded as he did. Turning back, he tried conversation. "Umm… hi?"

The kitsune snapped out of her trance-like state and dropped the rose she used to summon her whip. Turning the opposite direction, she ran away as fast as she could from the four boys.

"Come on! Let's go!" Yusuke ran after her, followed by Hiei. They left a slow Kuwabara and dazed Kurama behind to clean up the bodies.

~*^*~

//Damn it! They're involved with Spirit World!// Makoto continued running, noticing that she was being followed. If the guys had come running towards the demons, that meant they could sense the youkais. //Great. Yusuke and a fast one are on my tail.// She scattered seeds on the ground and surged her power through them as she ran towards her apartment The result was a thick forest of bamboo absolutely no one could get through. For a while at least. Makoto duccked behind a building and recasted the spell she had used to make her look human. After changing back, she went into her apartment, layed on her couch, and concentrated, forcing the bamboo back into their seed forms. Now that was over, she could take a long, hot shower and wash her 5 and feet long hair. Tedious it may be, but alas, it must be done.

~*^*~

Suiichi Minamino rolled onto his side and stared at the rose on his bedside table. It was the rose that female had used to summon her rose whip. He was mad at himself for freezing like that, but….. it had been so long since he had seen another youko………………..Kurama drifted off into a sweet sleep, still clutching the ruby flower in his hand.

~*^*~

Makoto had just finished drying her hair and putting it into a braid for the night when a thought struck her. "Urameshi!" That was the name of the team who had won against Team Toguro for the Dark World Championship! She knew it was familiar. Wait- KARASU! He was on Team Toguro! That meant the guys might be able to help her!….Damn- she couldn't remember the other teammate's names…. There was Yusuke Urameshi, …a fire demon…and two others, one of which she was positive was human. But what were there names? The vixen sighed in frustration and flung herself onto her bed. She might have been able to got to the tournament, god knows she could get in, but … her previous game of `Steal-Shiny-Things-From-Rich-People-For-Other-Rich-People' meant that she couldn't be seen in public for at LEAST three months. The Dark Tournament was in three weeks. Makoto sighed and shook her hed, pulling her covers over her. She was willing to bet anything that the other guys Yusuke was with were the other three teammates.