Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Baby sitting Demons ❯ No Nap ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yusuke slouched in a chair sighing. " Ah! It's about time we get to sit down and relax!" He exclaimed. Kuwabara nodded. " Yeah. I feel like we have been running after them ALL day." Yusuke laughed. " That's cause we have idiot."

Kuwabara lay on the couch resting his head on his hands. " Now for a nap."

Kurama and Hiei were still asleep when they got home, but woke up right when Keiko said ` we will lay these two down for a nap." Now it was a struggle, Hiei and Kurama trying to escape.

" I'm not tired!" Hiei said hiding under a desk. Yukina only giggled. Keiko caught Kurama and was wiping his face, getting all the chocolate and ice cream off. " Hold still Kurama-chan! I need to get you cleaned off."

" Keiko-chan!" Kurama cried trying to get away. " I'm clean see!" Keiko smiled when she looked at his face; it still had smudges of chocolate on it. " I am almost done, if you would hold still I can get you done faster." Keiko grabbed Kurama and held him in her lap facing her while she cleaned his face.

" Hiei-chan! Oh don't run!" Yukina said trying to find Hiei who just darted away. Yukina sighed.

Keiko smiled at her. " Don't worry, if Hiei-chan wants to stay hidden, then I guess he will miss lunch and snack time." Keiko said loudly trying to catch the small fire demons attention.

It worked. Hiei peeked from one side of the desk, and ran to Yukina. " We have sweet snow?" Yukina smiled. " I am not sure we have any." Hiei pouted. " I want sweet snow!" Hiei yelled Kurama joined him yelling the same thing. Keiko sighed. " These kids are going to be so hyper at the end of the day." Yukina giggles. " Lets just get them into bed, and we can read them a story."

" A story!" Hiei and Kurama said jumping up and down. Yukina smiled. " You have to get into bed to hear it." The two demons ran for the bed crawling under the covers and laying on a pillow.

The two demons waited for the story to begin, Yukina and Keiko both sat on the side of the bed. " I guess we will have to make one up. I don't think there are any books in here for kids." Yukina nodded. " All right. You can start."

Keiko began the story. " Once upon a time there were two children, a girl and a boy." She began

Hiei interrupted her, " A girl?" Keiko knew what he wanted. " Oh I mean once upon a time there were two boys." Hiei and Kurama nodded. " What were there names?" Kurama asked. Keiko looked at Yukina letting her know it was her turn to tell part of the story. Yukina thought for a moment. " Yuki?" Hiei and Kurama both shook their heads. Yukina thought a bit more, Keiko whispered into Yukina's ear. Keiko smiled. " Oh I see, their names are Hiei and Kurama?" They both smiled. " What are they?" Hiei asked. At this rate the story would never finish. Keiko looked at Yukina confused. " Uh one was a rabbit and the other was a chipmunk?" Hiei shook his head. " No. They are demons right?" Hiei asked. Keiko nodded sweat dropping. Yukina smiled. " I know. One was a fox, and the other was a fire demon." Hiei and Kurama smiled. " What were they doing?" Kurama asked. Yukina looked at Keiko. " They were running threw the woods when they saw a wolf demon and… " Hiei cut her off. " Did we kill it?" Keiko sweat dropped along with Yukina. " Umm yes?" Hiei looked happy. " Was there blood?" Kurama asked. Keiko coughed. " I think that is enough of the story, you two take nap, then we will have lunch." The girls left the room talking about the story they just made. " I guess even demon children like blood." Keiko said. Yukina nodded; soon there voices were distant and not heard.

"The story was just getting good!" Hiei pouted. Kurama nodded. " We don't know if there was blood!" Hiei rolled on his stomach. " You think they will finish it?" Kurama closed his eyes. " Yup!" They both lay there for a while not saying a word. Hiei finally broke the silence.

" I'm not tired!" He said sitting up clinching the sheets in his small hands. Kurama sat up too. " Me too. Lets play!"

Hiei looked down and saw a small brown kitten walk in. " What's that?" he asked. Kurama looked at it. " Maybe it is food! Lets eat it!"

Yusuke was sleeping in the chair he was in. It was such a busy day. Kuwabara, Yukina, and Keiko were playing cards when suddenly a loud hiss was heard. "Eikichi!!" Kuwabara yelled, he went running in the direction of the hiss, followed by Yukina and Keiko, Yusuke woke up and followed sleepily.

Kuwabara swung open the door and found Hiei chewing on Eikichi's tail, while Kurama was chewing on an ear. The cat was going wild hissing and squirming. The two demons released the cat when they got a glare from Yusuke and the rest. Eikichi went running to Kuwabara. Kuwabara grabbed the cat and began petting it. The kitten started purring.

" What do you two think you are doing out of bed! And why were you chewing on that cat!" Yusuke yelled, Kuwabara glared at them. Kurama and Hiei looked down. " We… We thought it was food!" Hiei said running for the bed followed by Kurama.

Kuwabara gave the kitten to Yukina for her to hold while he deled with the two demons cowering under the covers.

He pulled the covers away from them; they both closed their eyes afraid of what was going to happen, when suddenly Kurama turned into a really small silver fox. They all looked at it for a while not really sure what to do. Hiei grabbed one of Kurama's tails. " Hey turn back into demon!" Kurama bit Hiei's hand. Hiei yelped and let go of Kurama who ran out the open door and into the living room.

Hiei's eyes were filling with tears as he looked at the teeth marks. Kuwabara glared at Hiei. " Don't think you are off the hook!" He then grabbed Eikichi and ran looking for Kurama. Yukina picked up Hiei and rocked him in her arms. " It's ok." She healed the marks and the pain went away. He smiled. " We did not mean to hurt the food." Hiei said looking at Yukina. Yukina smiled. " That's not food Hiei-chan. That was a cat."

" A cat?" Yukina nodded. Hiei smiled. But then saw Yusuke still looked mad. He held on to Yukina tightly not wanting to let go. " Yusuke-san." Yukina began. " I know what they did was wrong. But think they are demons, and probably they hunted little things like this. They did not know." Yusuke's face softened. " Yeah you're right, but still they are going to get a time out!" Yusuke left and helped look for Kurama.

Yusuke finally found him and picked him up by the scruff of his neck. Kurama started hissing and struggling to be put down.

Kurama turned back into the small-humanized Youko. Kurama yawned and crossed his arms. " I'm not tired!" Kurama said whining.

" I don't care you are going to lay down for at least a hour!" Yusuke held Kurama in the crook of his arm and walked into the room where Yukina was all ready laying Hiei down.

" Now stay in bed!" Yusuke yelled laying Kurama down next to the mad fire demon.

" Yu-chan is mean!" Kurama said once Yusuke left. Hiei nodded.

Hiei buried his head into the pillow him and Kurama were sharing. They both fell asleep in a matter of minutes.

Yusuke was now playing cards with the rest. " I think we need to put them in separate rooms." Yusuke said picking up two cards. Kuwabara nodded. " That would work." Yukina looked down at her cards. " Maybe we should try that." Keiko took three cards and laid them down. " I agree and I won." They all sighed. She always won, well unless Kurama was playing. He was very talented at cards and would beat everyone, unless it was a game of speed Hiei would win only if they could get him to play.

" It is settled. Tonight when they go to bed, they will be in different rooms." They all nodded in agreement.

Another chapter done. Tell how you like.