Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Baby sitting Demons ❯ Busy Day ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hiei started stirring, he opened his eyes seeing Kurama still asleep next to him. The little kitsune was curled in a ball his tail twitching and his ears moving back and forth.

Hiei yawned, he was tired of taking a nap and wanted to play but Kurama was still asleep. Hiei got right in his face and started shaking him. " Wake up!" Hiei frowned when the fox did not move.

" He's dead!" Hiei screamed he ran to the door but the doorknob was to high to reach, so he just started yelling.

Yusuke came running in. ` what's wrong?!" He asked, he looked down seeing Hiei holding onto his pants leg. " Ku-kurama is dead!" Hiei shouted pointing his finger at Kurama who was now sitting up in bed from all the noise.

Yusuke picked the freaked out fire demon up. " He is not dead see?" Hiei looked at Kurama and blinked. " Yay! You're alive!" He jumped from Yusuke's arms and ran to Kurama. " Kurama smiled. " I'm alive!" While the two demons were celebrating Yusuke sweat dropped. Kurama was acting like he died and came back. Kids.

" Can we eat something Yu-chan?" Kurama asked. Yusuke sighed he was the only one here right now, Keiko and Yukina went out to find more clothes for Hiei and Kurama, and Kuwabara went cause Yukina went.

" All right. What do you want?" Hiei and Kurama began thinking, Yusuke decided since this was their last time-sharing a bed give them what they want.

" I want sweet snow Yu-chan!" Hiei said running out of the bedroom Kurama followed, if Yusuke was going to give out sweet snow, he was not going to miss it.

" There is no sweet snow!" Yusuke yelled running after them.

" I don't want this! It is yucky!" Hiei whined He pointed at a carrot and a slice of apple. " Can I have a cookie instead?" Yusuke shook his head. " We have none, now eat that or eat nothing." Hiei did not like the choices Yusuke gave him.

Kurama was chewing on a carrot with a disgusted look on his face. " This is gross!" Kurama said throwing the carrot down. Yusuke glared at him. ` Do you remember what happened to Hiei when he threw his food?" Kurama thought for a moment. " You gave him a cookie?" Yusuke sweat dropped, so much for threatening them.

" Yu-chan can I have cookie after I eat this?" Kurama asked. Yusuke nodded with a smirk, they had no cookies right now, but at least they'd eat.

" You two stay there, I am going to go get something." Yusuke left the room, he was going to see what would happen if he left.

" Is he gone?" Hiei whispered. Kurama nodded. " I don't want this. You eat it." Hiei glared " I don't want it!" Kurama crawled on to the table over to Hiei's plate and put his carrots on it, then jumped back down to his chair. He was going to get cookies for sure.

" No! I don't want this!" Hiei grabbed his plate and threw all the food on Kurama. Kurama growled, he grabbed his drink and threw it on Hiei, soon there was a food fight going on. Yusuke gasped he didn't think this would happen.

" Stop it now both of you!" The words barely got out of his mouth when applesauce was thrown at him, he dripped from his face. Now all three of them were a mess. Yusuke glared at them, but they were to busy laughing to notice. " Yu-chan you look funny!" Kurama said laughing, Hiei looked at Yusuke and lowered his head, and he did not think he was going to like what was about to happen. The fire demon jumped off the table and tried to make a run for it.

Yusuke grabbed Hiei by the shirt and lifted him into the air.

" I don't feel like giving you two a bath! So I will clean you my way!" Hiei flinched and lowered his gaze to the floor.

When Kurama saw Yusuke walk over to him, his ears were against his head. His eyes widened as Yusuke grabbed Kurama by the tail and lifted him into the air. Kurama squirmed, it was not very comfortable having someone pick you up by your tail.

" Lets go!" Yusuke growled. Hiei and Kurama were both whimpering there eyes wide.

Yusuke took them outside into the yard. He set them on the ground and shot them a mean look. " You two move, you will be very sorry." Kurama and Hiei shook their heads in understanding.

Yusuke grabbed a hose and turned it on, he walked over to the two troublemakers. Hiei thought about running, and right now it sounded like a pretty good thing to do. Before Yusuke could say anything Hiei was gone. Kurama just sat there, either not wanting to get into more trouble, or just scared.

" At least one of you is smart." Yusuke stated, he grabbed Kurama and held him tight. Yusuke didn't think the young fox would like the cold water.

" Now this will not take long if you stay still." Kurama nodded, he had a feeling staying still would be hard to do. Yusuke raised the hose and held down the handle, the cold water came out fast soaking Kurama, Kurama yelled in surprise and began squirming. Yusuke held him tighter. Kurama began coughing, the water was getting into his mouth when he yelled. " It's cold!!" The kitsune yelled trying to get away once more.

Yusuke finally was done, he lifted the shivering Kurama into his arms. Yusuke sighed, now he has nothing to dress him in, maybe his real outfit is clean now.

" Where is Hiei.." Yusuke wondered. He had to get Kurama in before he caught a cold, but he could not leave Hiei outside by his self.

" Hiei come on! I promise I will not be mad!" Yusuke waited for the fire demon to pop out of nowhere, but instead heard a shaky voice. " Y-you promise?" Yusuke smiled and nodded. Hiei slowly walked out from behind a tree. " I still need to get you cleaned off." Hiei ran over to Yusuke who picked him up, Kurama was still shivering slightly. He always took baths in hot springs in the Makai, never out of a green tube that humans called a hose.

Yusuke first cleaned off his face from the applesauce, then dressed Kurama in his outfit that Yukina had washed.

" Okay. Now to get Hiei." Yusuke picked up the fire demon and took him into the bathroom. With a sigh he began undressing him. Hiei sat on the stool quietly as Yusuke cleaned him off.

After the quick bath Hiei was dress in his little black clothes and was playing with Kurama.

Yusuke even played hide and seek with them.

Yusuke was having an easy time finding them, Kurama hid his self behind a pillow and Hiei would hide his self under a blanket. Every time Yusuke would look for them they would be in the same place.

" How about I hide this time?" Yusuke suggested. Hiei and Kurama nodded. " Are you going to hide under the blanket?" Hiei asked. Yusuke smiled. " Just wait and see."

Kurama and Hiei began counting. " One, two, five, ten! Here we come!" Yusuke sighed he better hide faster, they don't know how to count.

Hiei looked under the blanket. " He is not here!" He exclaimed. Kurama tilted his head. " Yu-chan! Where are you?" Yusuke sweat dropped, they did not look for very long.

Yusuke came out from his hiding place. " Okay! We hide now!" Hiei said running to his usual place, while Kurama hid behind the pillow. This was going to be a long game.

When Keiko, Yukina, and Kuwabara came back from shopping all day they found Hiei and Kurama asleep in Yusuke's arms with him sleeping also. Keiko smiled, she hoped he had a good day with them. Yukina noticed they were in different clothing. " I wonder what happened, they must have made a mess." Keiko smiled. "Well they are kids."

Kuwabara woke Yusuke up, he opened his eyes and looked around, then looked down to the sleeping demons.

" Did you have a fun day? What did you do with them?" Keiko asked. Yusuke looked away. " They played, made a mess, and played some more." Keiko and Yukina giggled. " Sounds like you has a big day, well it is time for there bed time, you sure we should separate them?" Yukina asked. Yusuke nodded. " Yes, they need to be." Keiko gathered Kurama into her arms and Yukina did the same thing with Hiei. They both woke up and smiled. " Yu-chan played hide and seek with us." Hiei said yawning. Yukina smiled. " I bet it was fun." Hiei nodded and closed his eyes ready to fall back asleep.

" Yu-chan got me all wet with that green thing outside." Kurama yawned also. Keiko looked at Yusuke he gave her an I-will-tell-you-later look. Kurama closed his eyes and yawned again.

Yukina walked past Hiei's normal room while Keiko laid Kurama down. Hiei opened his eyes. The room was different. " Where is Kurama-chan?" Hiei asked looking a bit scared. Yukina smiled sweetly. " Kurama-chan is in another room, you are sleeping by your self tonight." Hiei looked like he was ready to cry, Yukina kissed his forehead. " Sleep tight." Before Hiei could say anything Hiei was gone and the door was closed.

Keiko was having the same trouble with Kurama. " It will be okay Kurama-chan! I promise!" She tried to reassure the fox. " I don't want to be here by myself!" He cried. Keiko patted his head and kissed him on the cheek. " You will be fine. Now go to bed, we can play tomorrow."

Kurama rolled over, he was use to the little fire demon next to him, and his soft breathing and the warmth that came off of Hiei's body helped Kurama go to sleep every night.

Hiei was curled in a ball with his eyes shut tight. He did not like being in here alone. Hiei opened his eyes slowly, a flash of lightning got his attention, the loud roar of the thunder made him jump, he sat straight up looking out the window. It was lightning and thundering, the wind was picking up and it was raining hard. Hiei closed his eyes. He wanted Kurama or Yukina. Anyone would do fine.

Kurama was looking out the window too, his ears would twitch every time he heard the thunder. His arms were wrapped around his knee's.

Hiei had enough of being in here by his self, he jumped down from his bed and went to the door, Yukina left the door cracked, what luck. He opened it and ran into the room where Kurama was in.

When Kurama saw Hiei he smiled. Hiei jumped into the bed and sat next to the kitsune. Someone must have heard him cause Yusuke walked in. " Hiei." He said softly. Hiei lowered his head. " You need to stay in the other room okay?" Hiei shook his head. " I don't want to! I want to stay in here! That sound is loud!" Yusuke looked at the fire demon, Hiei jumped when the next thunder boomed. " Thunder will not hurt you. I know you are scared but you need to stay in the other room."

" Why?" Hiei asked. Hiei really did not want to go, and the look on Kurama's face made Yusuke think he wanted Hiei to stay. Yusuke took a deep breath in. He had to be strict. He walked over to Hiei and picked him up. " You can see Kurama tomorrow. Now you are staying in the other room." Yusuke closed the door making sure it could not be opened by Hiei or Kurama, he laid Hiei in his bed. " Now go to sleep." Yusuke smiled at him. " I promise everything will be ok." Hiei still looked scared, as Yusuke went to the door,, he heard Hiei speak up. " When will it be over?" Hiei asked in a low scared voice. Yusuke knew Hiei meant the storm. " I am not sure Hiei, you will be fine I promise." Yusuke closed the door tight.

Hiei curled in a ball. He hoped the storm would clear soon.

Yusuke walked back in where Keiko and the rest were, they were eating and drinking some tea that Yukina made.

" Yusuke, I am not sure this is the best idea." Yusuke shook his head at Keiko's question. " Keiko they will be fine."

Keiko looked down. " I don't see what is so wrong with them sharing a bed."

Yusuke sighed. " I have my reasons for this Keiko, I just think it will be better." Keiko sighed as well. " Whatever you say Yusuke."

" Yukina-chan!!" Hiei exclaimed, Yukina got up and ran back to Hiei's room. " What's wrong?" She asked. Hiei looked at her. " I can't sleep! Why can't I stay with Kurama-chan?" Yukina sat next to Hiei, she laid him back down, he turned on his stomach as she rubbed his small back, he purred, maybe he would be able to get to sleep. Yukina smiled. " Hiei-chan, just close your eyes and try to sleep, you need to try." While Yukina was trying to make Hiei feel better, Keiko heard Kurama call.

" Keiko-chan!" Kurama called. Keiko sighed and looked at Yusuke. Yusuke sighed as well. " Fine, fine, let them stay in the same room." He growled. Keiko smiled. Yusuke looked at Kuwabara who was playing with his cat and sighed. " Well tomorrow those two are learning, manners, how to clean up, and discipline." Yusuke said to his self.

Keiko went to Yukina and nodded letting her know she could bring Hiei back. She gathered Hiei into her arms and walked into Kurama's room and laid him down. " Now go to sleep both of you." They nodded and closed there eyes waiting for Yukina and Keiko to leave, once they did they opened there eyes again and smiled at each other. " I thought Yu-chan would never let us stay in the same room." Kurama nodded. " Me too. Tomorrow lets play with Yu-chan and Yukina-chan and Keiko-chan." Hiei smiled. " Yeah that ugly one is no fun! He would not let us play with his cat!" Kurama looked at Hiei. "A cat?" Hiei looked proud of his self that he knew something Kurama did not know. " Yukina told me that that thing was a cat, and not food."

"Oh. I'm not tired…" Kurama said after a while of silence. " me too." Hiei yawned. Hiei crawled out of bed. " Where are you going?" Kurama asked Hiei climbed up onto the window. " Help me open this." Kurama nodded and jumped down from the bed and on to the window sill. After getting it opened Kurama looked out. " It is still raining though." Hiei shrugged. " Yu-chan said thunder can't hurt us! So lets go play!" Hiei jumped and landed on a tree near the window Kurama followed. " You sure we will not get in trouble?"

" I don't know." Hiei said jumping from the tree to the ground. Hiei landed on his feet but Kurama did not. " Ow." He said standing up. " Where are we?" Kurama asked another question. Hiei looked a bit scared, he has never been outside the house at night before. " I don't know! We're lost! Hiei screamed. Kurama and Hiei began crying and screaming. " This is your fault!" Kurama blamed but Hiei shook his head. " No its not!" He yelled back. Hiei looked behind Kurama and saw a strange creature under a car. " What's that?" He pointed with a shaking finger. Kurama let out a scream and they both took off running.

" Did you hear that?" Keiko asked Yusuke. Yusuke nodded and ran into the room where Hiei and Kurama was. " Oh no!" Keiko heard Yusuke say, they all ran into the room seeing a opened window and two missing demons.

Ok another chapter done…

Write more later.