Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Baby sitting Demons ❯ Tired ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Now for disclaimer no confusion! - Do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, Youka, Kinaka and Kigame. Only own Suko and other people I no name. ^-^ Does make sense?

Kurama was sitting on the couch slouching. He was tired but he wanted to stay up.

" Kurama-chan. why don't you go rest?"

" But Keiko-chan! I not sleepy!"

Keiko let out a small sigh. " You sure are acting like it to me." Kurama merely shook his head, which ended up making his head hurt. The young kitsune held his head and groaned. He hated headaches.

The human walked over to the fox and picked him up holding him in her lap.

" See? That is why you should rest."

" I'm feeling better though! I can play now!"

" Sure you can." Keiko said sarcastically with a small giggle. Kurama smiled.

" When is Hiei-chan going to get up?" Keiko looked over at the clock. " Well we will be eating dinner soon, so maybe sometime soon."

Kurama groaned, that was not the answer he wanted. He wanted to play with Hiei now. The fox jumped down from Keiko's lap and ran into the back room where Hiei slept.

Climbing up the covers of the bed, Kurama made his way over to the sleeping fire demon.

" Hiei-chan? Are you awake?" Kurama shook Hiei a bit until the jaganshi started moving.

Hiei opened one eye and stared at the fox. Kurama smiled at him.

"Wanna play?"

" Play what?" came Hiei's answer. His voice was rough. Hiei started coughing again.

Keiko walked in and walked over the bed. " Kurama-chan. We need to let Hiei-chan sleep."

" But." Kurama said in a disappointed voice

" I want to play Keiko-chan."

" You're to sick Hiei-chan. I want you to stay in this bed till dinner!"

Hiei looked down at the covers that were in between his small fists.

" Kurama-chan is up. I'm feeling a lot better!" Hiei said trying to make Keiko believe him. He was sure she would let him until he started coughing.

Keiko grinned at the fire demon. " Soup will be ready soon."

Hiei sat up trying to argue his way out of bed, but as he sat up he got dizzy and fell back into his laying position.

" Hiei-chan made me a card, I'm feeling better now! If I make him a card I bet he will feel better too!" Kurama ran out of the room to start on his card.

Keiko laughed mentally. " If only he knew it was the medicine that was making him feel better."

" Youka? What are you doing?" Kinaka stood behind the crouching fox.

" Something is coming. I can feel it." Youka's voice was almost a whisper.

" I feel nothing! Stop playing! We have work to do." Kinaka was in a bad mood all day, she was up the night before. Her mind was so full of thoughts she could not sleep.

Youka stood up as Kigame walked over.

" Kinaka-san is usually nicer than this." Youka looked down.

" Hmmm. She is just tired. And those humans are annoying her." Kigame laughed as she ran to catch up to the half-fox breed.

Youka sighed. " Yeah."

" Hiei-chan, what are you doing out of bed?"

" I can't sleep." A pillow that he brought with him muffled Hiei's voice.

Yukina walked in with a sweet smile on her face. " The soup is almost ready. Keiko-chan if you will get everything ready I will watch Hiei-chan." Keiko nodded, she padded into the kitchen getting down some bowls.

" Here let me rock you." Yukina sat on the Kuwabara's couch seeing that there was no rocking chair she decided the couch would have to make do.

Hiei snuggled close to the koorime. He remembered the last time she held him. He was already feeling better.

Kurama came running into the living room with a piece of paper in his hand. " Hiei-chan! Hiei-chan!" The fox shouted skidding to a stop in front of Yukina and Hiei.

" See! I made you a card too!" Kurama held the picture up so the small demon could see it. Hiei smiled when he saw the picture.

It was he and Kurama playing with Yukina and Keiko. They were also done in stick figures.

Yukina giggled. " My, you are a very good drawer Kurama-chan." Kurama smiled proudly.

" Are you better now Hiei-chan? Can you play?" All Hiei could manage to do was shrug. Yukina felt his head.

" Sorry Kurama-chan. Hiei-chan still has a fever." Keiko walked in placing a bowl on the table.

" Can't you use your healing powers on him?" Yukina shook her head.

" No. They have a sickness. One I'm afraid I can't make better."

Keiko looked down at the fox whose ears were lowering.

" My card did not work." Keiko picked him up and smiled at him. " I'm sure it will work. It just might take awhile."

Kurama looked at her with hope in his eyes.

"Really?"

" Yes. Really. Now lets go eat. The soup is ready." As soon as Kurama's feet were on the ground he took off in the direction of the food.

Yukina walked in shortly after, Hiei still in her arms.

" Here you guys go. Nice hot soup." Keiko sat the bowls in front of the demons, Yukina kept Hiei in her lap as she spoon-fed him the dinner.

Kurama picked his bowl up and started drinking it only to have it burn his throat. The young fox dropped the bowl, which shattered on the floor.

" Hold on let me get you some water!" Keiko jumped up grabbing a small cut and filling it with cold water.

" Burn! Ahh! Hot!" Kurama yelped covering his mouth with his hands.

As Keiko returned with the water she tripped over a toy and tripped, the water splashed everywhere going on the small fox and Yukina.

" So sorry!" Keiko looked down at her knee; it was skinned slightly but was very painful.

Kurama jumped up. " I know how to help you!" Kurama ran out of the room as fast as he could.

Hiei watched as the kitsune disappeared into the back rooms, then returned with his arms full.

" I can make to all better Keiko-chan!"

Kurama ran over to the human and her hurt knee, he opened the bottle of peroxide and poured it all over Keiko's knee.

The brown-haired human jumped up with a scream startling everyone in the room.

" You feel better now Keiko-chan?" Kurama tilted his head to the side and put on a very innocent angle like face. It was hard for anyone to stay made at a face as cute as his.

" Y-yes Kurama-chan. Much better. Why don't we eat-"

" Keiko-chan! You need a healing ward!" Kurama interrupted her

" A what?" Kurama pulled out band-aids.

" See! Healing wards!" Kurama smiled and started placing tons of band- aids on her knee.

" I think that's enough now. Thank you for helping me get better."

Keiko got up and tried to walk. But with all the band-aids on it made it a difficult task. Limping over to the counter she got her drink and limped back to the table and sat down. Kurama put one of his fingers in the soup; luckily it was cool now. He scooped some of it up in his hands and drank it.

" Kurama-chan use a spoon please." Keiko reminded him holding a spoon up. Kurama pouted. That was the boring way to eat soup. He liked his way better. Kurama smirked. He had an idea.

He threw the spoon on the table, picked the bowl up and began lapping the soup like an animal. Well he was a fox after all.

Keiko let out a frustrated sigh. " Kurama-chan! Use manners!" She grabbed the bowl away from him, which he grabbed on the other side.

" This is mine!"

" Kurama-chan let go right now!" Keiko yelled. Kurama did as told; he let the bowl go sending the soup all over her outfit.

Hiei and Yukina let out a gasp. Kurama's ears were plastered to his silver hair.

" I'm sorry! Please don't be mad at me!" Kurama burst into tears.

" Its all right. It was an accident. No need to cry." Keiko stood up with a still leg from Kurama's over-done band-aids.

" Do you want some more?" Kurama nodded slowly with a small smile. Keiko smiled back and fixed him another bowl.

Hiei let out a yawn followed by a couple of coughs.

" Well his fever has gone down now. I think he will be ok in a couple of days." Yukina informed the human girl.

" That's good to hear. How about we put them to bed now." Yukina gave a nod of approval, with Hiei in her arms she headed for the bedroom.

Keiko picked up Kurama and followed.

" Now stay in bed, you guys will be a 100% better soon." Keiko smiled leaving the room with Yukina.

Kurama looked at Hiei. " Are you tired?" Hiei merely made a small noise, almost like an "hn."

" Lets go outside and play." Hiei looked at Kurama.

" Keiko-chan told us to stay here so we can get better."

" I know. But you can get better faster if you don't lay down."

"Really?"

Kurama nodded. " Yup! So lets go!"

Hiei got out of bed slowly still slightly dizzy. Kurama was already trying to open the window, after getting it opened he waited for Hiei to join him.

" Ready?" Hiei only nodded.

" Then lets go!" Kurama jumped onto the tree by the window. He waited for Hiei who jumped and almost missed. He was a bit wobbly for a while, but finally got his balance.

They both jumped down from the tree. Kurama landed on the ground on his stomach and Hiei fell on top of him.

Kurama got up; he held Hiei's hand as they wandered down the busy street. People stared at them, some moved far away and others stopped in their places.

Hiei was dragging behind; his arm was out straight trying to keep his grip on Kurama's hand.

" I'm tired. Can we go home?" Kurama gave Hiei a questioning look, until he saw how bad Hiei looked. He was very white and his cough was coming back.

" Are you ok? Don't die please!" Kurama started crying

" I want Yukina-chan.." Hiei said softly.

A man stopped in front of them, he noticed Hiei looked sick and Kurama was crying,

" Are you two ok?" He asked

" H-hiei-c-chan he going t-to d-die!" Kurama sobbed.

" I want to go home!" Hiei started crying as well.

" Where do you live?"

Hiei and Kurama both shrugged. " Well come on. I will try and help you." He picked them both up and started walking in the direction they came from.

After awhile of looking, Kurama stopped two scared girls calling their names.

" Keiko-chan! Yukina-chan!" Kurama yelled jumping out of the mans arms and running to the both.

" Where have you both been?! We were so worried!" Keiko picked up Kurama.

Yukina walked over to the man and took Hiei from him. " Thank you so much!" She bowed and held Hiei close to her.

" No problem. Just glad we found you." He bowed then walked away.

" Why did you two leave?!" Keiko scolded.

" We wanted to play!" Kurama said trying to defend him self. It seemed not to be working.

Hiei was asleep in Yukina's arms; she rocked him back and forth.

" Lets just put them to bed. You can scold later." Keiko nodded.

" Ok. Come on Kurama-chan. Time for bed. This time don't you leave or you will get a spanking."

Kurama covered his mouth with his hands as he let out a gasp. " Listen to me and you won't get one."

Kurama ran into the room, Hiei told him before how painful it was. Keiko smiled as she followed.

Yukina laid Hiei down next to Kurama. " Good night you two. See you in the morning." Yukina whispered.

" night.." came Kurama's reply.

Yukina left followed by Keiko who left the door cracked just incase.

" Please get better Hiei-chan." Kurama whispered close to his ear. Hiei shivered a bit then fell back asleep.

Kurama rolled on his stomach and soon fell asleep as well.

" We-re here!" Youka yelled happily.

" We are?! Finally!" Yusuke said with a sigh of relief.

" Hey wait. I thought you said we had to go over the mountain." Kuwabara looked at Youka who nodded. " Yeah, I only meant that as we finally made it to the mountain."

Yusuke grumbled and cursed under his breath.

" Stop talking and start climbing!" Kinaka yelled jumping up the mountain with great speed. Kigame followed closely behind laughing.

Suko sighed. " Youka-chan. lets climb together." Youka smiled and nodded. " all right!"

As they climbed the mountain Suko made sure to stay behind the others with Youka. " Now listen to me. This is our plan." She whispered. Youka listened carefully.

" All you have to do is distract everyone for me, just enough time where I can get the potion for our self's, also if you have to. Use this special flower." Suko reached into her pocket and pulled out a flower.

" What does that do?" Youka took it from Suko.

" It will make everyone fall asleep." Suko had a smirk on her face.

" Ooh." Youka smiled. " I get what you mean."

Kinaka looked down at them. " She is to innocent to understand what real trouble she is getting into." Kinaka sighed.

" What are you mumbling?" Kigame asked.

" Nothing." Kinaka looked back up continuing her climb.

Ok another chapter. Hope like. Will write soon as possible!