Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Baby sitting Demons ❯ Waiting For Kuro-chan ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Please forgive! I know it no longer Halloween but who really care? So sorry!

Disclaimer: Own no one. You know who I own.

"Kuro-chan!!!" Kurama cupped his hands around his mouth as he yelled out the name of his and Hiei's new puppy. Hiei was on his knees looked under everything he could. Kurama let out an annoyed sigh. He and Hiei have been looking for that puppy for what seemed like hours.

" Have you found her Hiei-chan?" Kurama sighed again when Hiei shook his head and continued his look. This time he looked in a vase.

" I wonder where she went! Maybe she didn't like us and ran away!" Hiei said closing his eyes.

" What's wrong? Hiei-chan? Why are you crying?" Yukina asked as she entered the room. She bent down and picked up the sobbing fire demon. Soon Kurama was crying too. He tried to tell Yukina what was wrong but everything was incoherent. Keiko walked over to Kurama and picked him up and rubbed his back.

" What could be wrong? I wonder-," Keiko paused as she noticed a certain puppy was missing.

"- Where is Kuro-chan?" Yukina's eyes widened as she noticed the puppies disappearance. Hiei rubbed his eyes-which were red from crying.

" She's not here! She's gone because she didn't like us!"

" I'm sure Hiei-chan that she likes you. She's probably just scared." Yukina smiled as Hiei looked up at her.

" You think so?" Yukina nodded.

" Here why don't we do this, we'll put some food down and hopefully she'll come out." Keiko suggested which everyone agreed too.

" But we have no animal food. What could we feed her?" Yukina said as she looked around the room.

" I know we'll put some bread down. I'm sure she'll at least come and see what it is. I'm going to go to the store and get some puppy food and maybe some toys for her." Keiko got up and grabbed the change purse she brought with her. She waved goodbye and departed for the nearest store.

Yukina grabbed the bag of bread and took out a piece. She spilt it in half and gave Hiei and Kurama each a side.

" Here" She smiled as both the demons took it. Yukina walked over and grabbed two small bowls. One she filled with water and the other was left empty. Placing them on the ground Yukina called for the boys who immediately were at her side.

" Okay put the bread in the bowl, then she'll come and eat." Both Hiei and Kurama complied and placed the bread into the bowl. Now all that was left to do was wait…

" Youka, go over with Kigame. I can handle her." Youka nodded and left Kinaka's side. The fox half-breed got into a fighting position.

" You think you can beat me?" Suko said as she glared at Kinaka.

" I don't think, I know." Kinaka could tell she was annoying the gypsy-looking girl.

" Yu-chan… Kuwabara… Shouldn't you go and help her?" Youka looked up to Yusuke then back to Kinaka and Suko.

" First, I don't fight girls, second, I think she can handle herself, third, I'm saving my powers for the 'master of potions'." Yusuke smirked and watched Kinaka who now was nowhere in sight.

" Wow! Kinaka-san is fast!" Youka said amazed. Kigame watched on in interest.

" I don't see why I don't get to fight…" Kuwabara huffed crossing his arms.

" Oh don't worry! Some powers are just never strong enough to fight in GOOD fights!" Kigame said with a laugh. Kuwabara glared while Youka and Yusuke started laughing.

" Hey! I'll let you know I was in a Dar-," Kuwabara started but was interrupted by a loud blast.

" What was that?!" He screeched.

" The fight of course!" Youka ran over to Yusuke and climbed on to his shoulders to get a better look. " Look at her go!"

Kinaka was easily dodging Suko's attacks, using a bit of her speed Kinaka went behind Suko who now just noticed she was gone. Kinaka jumped and attacked while Suko just looked at her wide-eyed….

" I'm tired of waiting!!!" Kurama complained while he lay upside down from one of the couch cushions. He swung his arms in boredom as he looked for his and Hiei's puppy.

" Yukina-chan? Will Kuro-chan ever come out?" Hiei sighed as he asked the question.

" I'm not sure… How about we go and play while we wait?" Both Hiei and Kurama jumped up, this was the most exciting news they have had in the last 30 minutes.

Yukina followed the two demons that ran out of the room, she sighed softly to herself. She never thought children could be such a handful. At least they were cute.

" Yukina-chan!" They both called, she smiled to herself as she entered the room they were in.

" So what do you want to play?" Yukina folded her legs behind her and placed her hands on her lap. Both Hiei and Kurama began to think. What would they do?

" When can we go get candy?" Hiei was sitting on the ground in his fireman costume. Both him and Kurama decided they both wanted to get ready even though it wasn't quite yet time to go. The hat that was on Hiei's head was to big so he constantly had to push it back up. Kurama was having a bit of trouble walking in his outfit that he decided crawling would be the best.

" It's not time yet Hiei-chan. We'll go after we carve our pumpkin okay?"

" Okay.." Hiei said sadly, he was ready now, why'd they have to wait?

" I'm back!" Keiko's voice yelled as she entered the house and closed the door behind her. Both Hiei and Kurama took off to where she was. As he ran her way he had to push his hat up when it covered his eyes. Kurama was tripping over the tail of his costume, he preferred his tail to this fake one. Keiko giggled as she saw them both.

" It seems that they're all ready." Keiko smiled, she looked into the kitchen where the puppy Kuro-chan was eating the bread. Kurama and Hiei forgot all about their puppy but once they saw her they immediately ran for her. Kuro-chan jumped up startled and ran under the low table.

" Why is she hiding?" Hiei asked peering under the table. He could see the puppy's eyes, which were practically glowing.

" I think you scared her Hiei-chan. Maybe if you wait for her and be quite she'll come out." Yukina walked over to Hiei.

" Okay?" Hiei nodded and sat on the ground. Kurama soon joined him. They both sat there in their costumes waiting patiently.

Keiko took the remaining bread out of the bowl and filled it with the newly bought puppy food. While she was out she bought an armload of toys, for not wanting the puppy she sure bought a lot of things.

" Hey, why don't we carve the pumpkin now?" Keiko suggested. Kurama's ears perked up and he immediately stood up, Hiei was not to far behind. The brown-haired human took that as a yes, she gathered old newspaper and spread it across the table.

" Why are you doing that?" Kurama asked puzzled.

" This will be messy, it'll keep the table clean." Keiko smiled as she picked up Kurama and sat him in the chair; Yukina did the same for Hiei. They rolled both the demons sleeves up and placed each pumpkin in front of them. Keiko pulled a large knife out of a drawer and placed it on top of the pumpkin.

" Can I do it?" Hiei asked but frowned when Keiko shook her head.

" No, you might hurt yourself." Keiko cut easily through the pumpkin, she tilted the knife just enough so the top wouldn't fall in. After both the tops were off she placed the knife on the newspaper and smiled at the two demons.

" Okay you guys. It's time to get all the seeds out." Both Hiei and Kurama peered inside the pumpkins.

" Wow! It has guts!" Kurama explained. Hiei nodded and reached his hand in. Once his hand touched the gooey inside he immediately pulled it out and looked at his slime covered fingers. Kurama on the other hand only took his hands out when he couldn't carry any more pumpkin 'guts'. The young fox was now sitting on the table pulling seeds out by the handful. Hiei too was on the table but he yet to pull one seed out.

" What's wrong Hiei-chan?" Yukina asked.

" It feels weird…. What kind of demon is this?"

Yukina giggled at the clueless fire demon.

" It's not a demon, it's a human plant I believe." Hiei looked back into the pumpkin, he closed his eyes and plunged his hands into it. Pulling out the guts he found it much easier than he thought it would be. This was actually fun.

" Look!"

The other three who occupied the room looked at the fox that was now holding a small pumpkin in his hand.

" You… didn't grow that did you?" Keiko asked Kurama who nodded with a huge grin on his face.

" Ok… Let's just not do that anymore. We don't need any more pumpkins."

" Fine…." Kurama pouted as Keiko took the smaller pumpkin away. The silver fox looked over at Hiei who was covered in the orange gooey pumpkin guts, sure didn't take him long to get over the disgusting feeling.

" I'm done! I want to make a face!" Hiei was sitting on the table covered from head to toe with seeds and the rest of the insides.

" Oh dear…" Keiko sighed as she took a good look at the fire demon. Looks like they would have to clean the costume off. She picked up the knife and walked over to Hiei.

" What kind of face do you want?"

" A scary face!"

" Why scary? You don't want funny?"

" No! Scary!!" Keiko and Hiei went on for a bit before Keiko gave up and started carving the face Hiei wanted. Soon after Hiei, Kurama was done and Yukina took out another knife and carved the face he wanted.

Suko clutched her left arm with the right; she glared at Kinaka who wasn't even breathing heavily.

" Just give up! You can't beat Kinaka-san!" Youka cheered, she was moving so much Yusuke started to lose his balance.

" H-hey! Hold still!" Yusuke grabbed onto Kigame who turned to stare at him.

" What are you doing?" Kigame smiled as Yusuke quickly removed his hands without saying a word.

" I thought you had Keiko Urameshi!" Kuwabara yelled idiotically.

" I wasn't doing anything-," Before he could finish Suko collided into him sending Youka flying off his shoulders and onto the ground. Suko yelled out in pain still clutching her arm. Yusuke grabbed her while he stood up lifting the girl off her feet.

" Put her down now human! This is my fight and I'm going to finish it!" Kinaka growled as she approached.

" Stay back Kinaka! You've done enough! She can't fight anymore!"

" I said drop her! I'm going to finish her off!"

As Kinaka and Yusuke fought, Youka slowly got off the ground; she shook her head trying to clear her brain.

The young female fox eyes settled on Yusuke who had Suko in his arms, soon they moved to Kinaka.

" Kigame-chan… What's going on?"

" It's kinda confusing!" Kigame said tilting her head to the side.

" Kinaka stand down!" Yusuke yelled backing up, he had no intentions of fighting her.

" Be quite human, this is my fight!" Kinaka lunged at Yusuke who dodged her barely.

" You don't want to go up against me Kinaka! There's no way you could win."

" Shut up!"

" Kinaka stop! No more fighting! You beat her ok?" Kigame ran in front of Kinaka who stopped immediately.

" Kigame…"

" Please Kinaka…"

" Yeah Kinaka-san! You beat her! See?" Youka smiled as she pointed to Suko who fainted.

" Fine…" Kinaka backed down and placed a hand on her hip. " She's just lucky.." With that said Kinaka walked away and into the small shack.

Everyone blinked in surprise at how easily Kigame got Kinaka to stop.

" So you want a potion? You do know it comes with a price. Either pay or fight.." Inside the shack Kinaka stood in front of the ' Master of Potions', she nodded in understanding.

" Yes… We know. And we choose to fight."

" Fight is what you choose, who all will be fighting? Only four may go all at once."

" Four?" Kinaka snorted.

" Yes, now go choose." Kinaka nodded once again and went back outside.

When she found Kigame she was running around with Youka, carefree once again.

" There will only be four."

" Four what Kinaka?" Kigame asked.

" Only four people who can fight, pick now but I of course will be one. Kigame as well." Kinaka stated crossing her arms.

" Well like I said, I'm going to fight him as well. Now only one more person." Yusuke looked around, he went right over Kuwabara and received a glare.

" Me! Me! Let me fight Yu-chan!"

Yusuke turned to the shortest member of this new strange group, Youka.

" You? You can fight?" Kuwabara was the one to speak this time.

" I can try at least! It'll be fun! Please let me!" Yusuke looked to Kinaka and Kigame who both nodded. Yusuke sighed but nodded as well.

" Fine, fine. You can fight."

" What about me Urameshi?!" Kuwabara yelled clinching his fists. No one answered the oaf, they just turned and waited for the fight to start.

The pumpkins were complete with candles and all. Hiei's pumpkin looked somewhat like a vampire because of the fangs that were carved into it, its eyes were slanted and it really looked angry. Keiko was impressed on how it turned out. Kurama's pumpkin swirl like eyes, the pumpkin looked like it was dizzy. Its mouth was in a huge circle, even though there had been funnier pumpkins carved by other people, Kurama thought it looked great.

" Can we light it now? Please?" Kurama begged. The girls complied and were off to fetch the matches.

" Let's not wait on them. I can light them." Hiei smiled as he took the top off and lit the candle and moved to the next one soon after.

" Wow…." They both said sitting in front of them mesmerized by the glowing pumpkins.

" Here we-," Keiko stopped in mid-sentence as she saw they were already lit.

" Looks like someone got here before us." Yukina looked at Hiei and his pumpkin covered body.

" I think Hiei-chan needs a bath, we also need to wash their costumes." Keiko agreed, she took Kurama in the backroom while Yukina took Hiei into the bathroom.

"I don't have to take a bath do I?" Hiei sighed when Yukina nodded.

Once in the bathroom, Hiei was stripped of his clothes and was being washed off, Yukina wasn't even about to bother putting Hiei in the tub, she was just going to set him on the stool and clean him off.

" Are you almost down?" Hiei asked sitting patiently.

" Almost, just trying to get the pumpkin out of your hair." Was Yukina's response.

Once done Hiei was dried off with a towel and put into dry clothes, his dirty costume was now being washed along with Kurama's.

" It's almost time to go!" Keiko said happily as she and Yukina dressed them in there costumes once again, they were finally clean and ready to be worn.

" Time for candy?" Hiei said with excitement. He and Kurama were even more excited when Keiko said,

" Yup, almost! We need to put some candy out for the other children though." Yukina grabbed a huge bowl filled with candy, on top of it a note read in Japanese ' Please only take one.'

Yukina opened the door and placed the candy bowl on the ground and the note in the front. Hiei and Kurama's pumpkin were sitting next to it glowing brightly.

" Let's go!" The fox and fire demon cheered as they grabbed the hands of the girls and headed for the street.

" Let's go! It's time to fight and get the potion!" Yusuke yelled enthused. Youka and Kigame were both smiling and ready while Kinaka said nothing but nod her approval. The fight was about to begin…

I so, SO sorry for how long it take to update! Everything so busy and really had no time. I so sorry!!! I know it no longer Halloween but oh well, I no care. There should be about two more chapters left… Maybe 3 I no sure, should update a lot sooner! After finish with this I going to write side stories for this one. It will be another story but use same characters if can, meaning Youka, Kinaka, and Kigame. If no want me to it fine! Really! But it be like with Christmas and other things, but Hiei, Kurama still be kids and everything… Ok probably just confuse you all! So sorry! It is better than it sound.

So sorry for how long it takes! Please forgive me! I know chapter not that long either.. Sorry!

Also already started on next chapter for Hiei and the Umbrella so should be up soon.