Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Blood on White Roses ❯ Hiccups ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N) Yin-Jins: Oh my freaking lord. Let's all jump for joy! I'm finally putting this up! *starts jumping and clapping*

Urameshi gang: *all start edging away very slowly*

Yin-Jins: *glares* Excuse me! But where do you think you four are going?!

Yusuke: Bathroom?

Yin-Jins: Not. Get yer butts in motion! We've got a story to produce here people! Hop to it!

Gang: *scrambles to get away and into position*

Yin-Jins: Yay! Now for the non-ownership shit… Ahem. *pulls out a piece of paper and glasses* I do not own any of the characters except for: Nikia (not Nokia!! ><), Ling Tao, Xinxi, and any random charact- you get the point! The listedar mine! Em. Eye. En. Ee. Got it? Good. ^_^ Now that we're all on the same page… Onto the story!! *cackles evilly*

Chapter One: Hiccups

No air; fingers scrambling at loose, moist dirt. No traction. Toes digging into the soil in vain, and suddenly, there was nothing but a blank void.

Dark blue eyes flew open, back arching as the young woman sucked in a deep breath sharply. Fingers clenched, knuckles rubbing against stone while heels dug into the alter beneath her body. Wild, wavy dark hair was matted to her neck and forehead, which were covered in sweat. And her eyes were wild as faint memories of both reality and dream came flooding through with terrifying clarity.

A sigh slipped through her parted lips as she tried to calm herself, dark blue eyes closing out the faint, eerie light that. Her thoughts needed to be collected in order to find a solution to her present situation.

The dark haired young woman could feel the chains that weighted her down. They held her captive, binding her by the wrists, ankles, and neck, keeping her bound to the stone alter. It was the one place she didn't want to be, the place she had been asleep in for… How long had she been asleep here? She hadn't been able to see the outside in what seemed to be ages. In fact, she hadn't been fully awake since she had first been forced here, at least until now.

She glanced around, blinking at the shafts of light that flooded through the cracks in the… ceiling? Confusion overwhelmed her senses as she opened her eyes. Why was light coming through cracks in the ceiling? There had never been holes or slits, much less this much light. So why now? Had she been asleep that long?

A bit of the ceiling crumbled and threatened to cave in completely, showering her with bits of rock and dust. She held her breath, squeezing her eyes tightly shut as the fragments came down. Once everything stopped crumbling on her, she shook her head to discharge the chips of rock and dust from her face, releasing her breath followed by the opening of her eyes. The chain around her neck rattled, sounding much louder that it really was.

"Heh… Hehl… Hejlp…" She coughed after wheezing out the words. It felt like she hadn't used her voice in a very long time, or like she had screamed her throat to the point of bloody murder. She tried to say the word again, coughing more violently than the first time as more of the ceiling crumbled onto her. And then she was blind.

-----

"What an idiot."

"What on…" A red haired boy started, but was too puzzled by the scene before him to finish. A much shorter, black haired boy stood next to him, both with their hands in their pockets. "How long has he been doing that?"

Another boy with his dark hair slicked back sat on the ground, sitting on a bench with his hands behind his head and legs stretched out in front of him, ankles crossed. He was attentively watching the other, larger red head in a nearby tree.

"Yusuke?"

"Hm?"

"How long has he been doing that?" Kurama asked as he and Hiei joined in watching the spectacle. Yusuke pulled one hand from behind his head to look at his watch.

"I'd say… about two hours so far without bathroom breaks."

Kurama and Hiei exchanged looks before the red head said anything more. "And what, may I ask, is he doing?"

"Trying to get rid of the hiccups."

Once again, looks were exchanged. "So… he's been hanging upside down from a tree branch drinking water for two hours…"

"Yep." The dark haired boy replied as he watched attentively, completely relaxed as though he was watching a movie. Two pairs of eyebrows raised at the abrupt answer. All three boys watched as Kuwabara hung suspended from a tree branch by his knees while drinking water.

"Hn." Hiei turned, walking away in a bored fashion. He called back over his shoulder just before he left completely, "I'll see you there."

"Right," Kurama answered before turning back to what he had been left to deal with on his own. He sighed and shook his head, steeping past Yusuke and walked rather surely over to Kuwabara.

"Kuwabara. Could you wait and do this later?" The green-eyed red head asked, tipping his head to the side. "Koenma-"

Kurama was suddenly interrupted when Kuwabara abruptly dropped the water bottle, literally scrambled to his feet and began running in circles while holding himself. The more soft-spoken red head found himself climbing into the same tree the other had just fallen out of in order to escape being trampled.

"Kuwabara!"

"Urameshi!" Kuwabara cried as tears streamed down his face. He had begun dancing around. "Where's the bathroom?!"

Yusuke, however, was literally rolling on the ground, laughing at his friend's predicament.

"Urameshi!!"

"Kuwabara! Did you not think about the location of a bathroom before hand?!" Kurama yelled over Kuwabara, who became very silent about the question. "Well?"

Yusuke continued to laugh, although he seemed to be calming down.

"Did you, Kuwabara?" Green eyes flicked over to the dark haired boy before going back to the red head below.

"……no……" Kuwabara grumbled. "What does that have to do with anything?!"

Kurama sighed and shook his head again looking and sounding very pained as Yusuke continued to laugh.