Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Broken ❯ Mistake ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mistake

Another chapter to reveal who it was in chapter one… Some of you were right…some weren't. But you all gave a good effort. Thank you for reviewing and inspiring me to make it into a story instead of a one shot.

By the way, the GIANT HINT from last chapter as to the identity of the speaker was the line at the end; "Review if you want. Or don't. I don't really care. Either way, I'm fine with the outcome." That is said by the speaker revealed in just a few seconds, during one of the episodes in the third season to Yusuke. Well…not the "Review if you want part"…

I just can't concentrate on my running fanfics…except for Everyday Life? that is… Read them if you are bored and like this one. To any of my loyal fans who are reading this, I will update soon. I've just got way too many questions running around in my brain.

Dedication: If you read this, you will know I am addressing you. Just remember how it used to be and how it is now… Maybe then you will know the reason I am writing this…

Disclaimers: If Yu Yu Hakusho were mine, the show would revolve around Hiei. Since it doesn't… well, you know, it doesn't belong to me.

Warnings: VERY DARK SUBJECT MATTER!!!

--

They didn't even notice.

I guess they don't care…not even now.

It's been three days since I took my own life. Even the Reikai doesn't care anymore I see. I've seen neither hide nor hair of Botan or any of the other ferry girls.

I suppose I understand. I am nothing after all. Why would anyone notice nothing?

It's funny, where…what I am now. I can move around like I used to. But I fly and go through walls. Must have been how Yusuke felt all those years ago…

Everything is the same, but it all seems empty and pointless.

I am wandering aimlessly now. I have nowhere to go, even if I wanted to. I have discovered that wisp of smoke I once had, blew away long, long ago. I've visited that one many times since my death, and he hasn't even thought about my absence.

Before I realize what I've done, I am his place. He's home, cooking, and it looks like he's setting up a party of some sort. The Detective and the Fool are there as well. They're living it up without me…as usual.

They're probably celebrating my disappearance.

I wonder…did they ever really think of me as anything other than the scapegoat in battle?

Most of me tells me they did not. But some small part of me still hopes that they will miss me…eventually.

Like I said before, I am a fool.

I decide to stay awhile and watch them. I have nothing better to do, so why not? I settle down on the windowsill and gaze outside.

Funny, I can still see my reflection. I wonder if they would see me if they looked in the window right now, or if I see it only out of habit.

I glance down at my wrists, so recently slashed with my trusty katana; my only real friend. Funny again, they look as they always have, no scars, no blood. Out of curiosity I reach for my katana, and find it still there, attached to my belt. I unsheathe it and look at the blade. It is clean and shiny, as if I had just cleaned it.

I guess nothing can't bleed.

Then something they say catches my attention.

"I wonder where Hiei is?" Kurama says, sitting down at the table. "I sent him the message. He's gonna be late."

"I guess he's just busy," Yusuke replies, "He's probably still mad about that whole mission we made him go on."

"Yeah," Kuwabara adds, "But he'll be happy once he sees what we were doing while he was gone."

What are they talking about? I move closer to hover above them.

"Yeah," Kurama says, "He'll be very surprised."

"I can't wait to see his face," Yusuke says.

"Oh!" Kurama reaches for something behind him, "Would you two hang this up for me?"

"Sure." They moved to hang it, a banner, while Kurama tended to a cake in the kitchen.

Hiei moved to read the banner, then gasped and had to sit down when he read what it said.

"Happy Birthday Hiei."

--

That's all for now. Tragedy anyone?