Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Broken ❯ Revelation ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Revelation

Another chapter for the fans! Here you go guys and gals. Thanks for reviewing and I hope you enjoy it!

Oh, and since I'm pretty sure I forgot to do this, standard disclaimers apply to everything.

--

Kurama ran through the dark streets as fast as his burden would allow. In his arms rested the prone body of Hiei. Around the unconscious demon's slashed wrists were plants, checking the blood still oozing from the cuts. Kurama kept a slow, steady trickle of ki flowing to support the fire demon's diminishing levels.

The fox knew his plants wouldn't be enough to save Hiei's life- they were designed to assist natural healing, and the half-koorime barely had enough youki to support basic function, let alone start healing his wounds. Hiei needed to be healed by Yukina before he could start recovering his youki.

Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Yukina joined him about a four blocks away from his house. The ningen was carrying the ice maiden in his arms in order to expedite their travel. The fox quickly informed them on the unconscious youkai's condition as he sprinted. Having to tell the others how weak his best friend was made him worry all the more. Kurama prayed that the fire demon could hold on long enough to get the help he so desperately needed. Hiei...we're almost there…please hold on…don't die on us…please…

Meanwhile, Hiei was floating around Kurama's home, poking at the "Happy Birthday" banner. He wondered where everyone had gone. He had been too shocked after hearing that all the things that had pushed him into killing himself had all been a ploy to surprise him, to listen to what they were saying before they ran out. If he had to guess, he would say they were looking for him, but they wouldn't like what they found if they did.

He floated over to the bathroom. As he had wandered during the hour or so that his friends had been gone, he had discovered that he could see his reflection in the mirrors, windows and other such reflective surfaces. He had also found that he could stop himself from passing through walls if he wanted to, as well as pick up certain objects if he concentrated enough. Stopping in front of the mirror, Hiei ran a hand through his hair. Nothing made sense to him anymore.

He thought he was doing the right thing when he slashed his wrists, but now he wasn't so sure. And now, even though he was dead, no one from the Reikai had come to retrieve his soul. More confusing though, was this reflection thing- he had never heard of anything spectral having a reflection before, let alone a spirit. Another thought struck him; if he was a spirit, then why didn't that carrot-top sense him?

I just don't understand… he became absorbed in his thoughts as he tried to figure out just what the hell was going on.

The door slammed, jerking him from his deep concentration. He heard his friend's voices talking frantically, as well as the faint tink of tear gems hitting the carpeted floor. What is Yukina doing here…? Curious, he drifted over to the living room, the source of the voices.

Everyone was gathered around the couch, blocking his view of what was disturbing them so. Raising an eyebrow, he floated above them to get a glimpse of this little oddity. Now what do we have here….?

He peered over the fox's head to see…Yukina healing an unconscious, but still breathing Hiei. …What?! That's…me?!! He floated back until he hit the wall, then he slid down to sit on the floor. I…I'm still…alive?

--

Okay! Think Hiei could be anymore freaked out? I don't think so…

Please review!!