Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Brotherly Love ❯ Yusuke's babysitting nightmare ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

`How the hell did I get myself into this?'

Yusuke was sitting in the middle of the living room, which now looked as if an F-5 tornado had just gone through it. As did the rest of the apartment. The said tornado, who was named Kaori, had now finally fallen asleep on the couch.

`Oh Yeah,' he thought to himself grimly. `I volunteered.'

The spirit detective had thought that babysitting for the fox's sister would be a simple matter of picking her up from school, giving her some dinner, playing a few games and then putting her to bed.

The pickup had been easy enough. He just had to show some I.D. and be verified on the pickup list and they were on their way. When they got to Yusuke's apartment (his mother had gone out on another one of her trips) he asked Kaori what she wanted for dinner.

She stopped to think, staring down at the floor, eyes half lidded. They all had noticed this about her. Whenever she was given a decision to make she would stop whatever she was doing, look down and think it over before answering. When she looked up he smiled at her and laughed as she shouted enthusiastically, "Pancakes!"

So they had gone into the kitchen and that's when it began. Kaori had been mixing the batter while Yusuke was getting the skillet ready, when Kaori had decided that it would be faster to use mixers.

On high.

As soon as she put the two whisks inside the pot and turned it on the batter went flying everywhere. On the floor, the counter, the wall, on kaori and Yusuke.

She had found it hilarious that Yusuke was now covered in flour, milk and raw egg.

While Yusuke was truing to clean it all up, Kaori (who was still covered in goo) ran into his room and jumped onto his bed. Still covered in goo!

Needless to say, now the bed was also covered in raw eggs. As were his mangas and magazines and his video games.

Deciding that perhaps he should clean Kaori up first, Yusuke put her in the bath. There she splished and splashed and got him and the whole bathroom covered in warm bubbly water.

As soon as she decided she was done, she jumped out of the tub and ran down the hall back to Yusuke's room completely naked. When Yusuke tried to run after her he slipped and hit his head on the toilet.

`Oh I just know Hiei's out there somewhere laughing his ass off at me. I never knew a six year old could be so wild!' Then again he had been no angel either when he was little. If anything Yusuke thought he might have been a little worse than Kaori.

To make a long and horrifying story short, Kaori had ran around the whole apartment (and later the whole building when she managed to run out the door in her underwear with Yusuke running after her with her clothes) until she had worn herself out and promptly passed out on the couch.

Sighing to himself, Yusuke picked himself off the floor and started to clean up the mess. By the time he had finished with the living room, bathroom and his bedroom and was starting on the kitchen there was a knock at the door. It was Kurama.

Before Kurama could voice a greeting Yusuke raised his hand to stop him. "Fox, all I have to say is I love the kid to death but next time, Kuwabara can have her."

Kurama just smiled at him. " Yes, well at least you didn't run away."