Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Chibi Hiei on the Run! ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chibi Hiei On The Run

By: Daniel Rodriguez and Saiyan Moon Goddess (Trunks’ Girl 787)

(Author’s Notes: Hi, everyone! It’s nice to see that some people appreciate good humor. ^_^ Well, this fanfic gets more interesting from here on out!

SMG: Marlene and the now chibified Hiei are going to create total chaos for anyone who crosses their path! Pray for the poor souls.

Now, on with the fanfic!)

~Chapter 1: Honey, I Blew Up Hiei! Oukii Hiei!~

"Where is he?" Marlene sighed.

Marlene walked through a crowded city. She had lost Chibi Hiei. Once the portal had reopened she had found herself alone, no chibi demon in sight. She looked everywhere for him but she couldn't find him, plus she knew she was lost in whatever dimension they landed in. The neko felt frustrated that Chibi Hiei would just disappear like that when they were stranded in Kami-knows-where.

"I like kids, but he's pushing it too far."

About a mile away from the neko youkai, there was a school. The weird thing is that everything was quiet. It was 3:00 PM, time for the students to go home. And the students were all lying motionless on the floor.

"Where did he go?!" a voice shouted.

A girl with short auburn hair and green eyes ran by the fallen students, careful not to step on anybody. She was wearing a weird costume, and holding a pink wand. Following her close behind was a yellow "stuffed" toy with white wings, and three other kids her age. The first was a girl with long black hair and blue eyes, holding a video camera, the second was a boy with messy chocolate hair and brown eyes, he wore some kind of Chinese outfit, and the last one was a girl with long black hair done in two pigtails and red eyes, she wore a Chinese outfit too.

The green-eyed girl looked up and saw a black blur pass by.

"He's faster than The Dash Card!" she yelled.

"This one may be trouble." said the flying toy.

"But Kero, are you sure this is a Clow Card?" said the girl. "I don't feel it!"

"Hey, I don't remember a card like this one either, but like I said: 'Expect the unexpected'."

"There it is, on the roof!" the Chinese girl said.

The girl in the costume took out a card, threw it in the air, and hit it with her wand.

"Fly!" she shouted.

A pair of long wings sprouted on the wand. The girl and her friend with the camera sat on the wand and flew toward the roof, followed by the yellow toy. The Chinese boy took out a sword.

"Element Wind!"

Strong winds surrounded the boy and the Chinese girl. They ascended to the building's roof.

Just then, Marlene walked into the school. She looked around at all the students lying around.

"What happened here?!"

She ran to one of the kids and checked him over. She was shocked to find out he was asleep.

"He's asleep?" the neko demon said. "I know school is boring, but this is too weird. All the students can't fall asleep just like that. Something is just not right here and I doubt Hiei could do this. Let's see."

Marlene felt around for Hiei's youkai. The neko got a lock on it and looked up at the school building’s roof.

"Gotcha." she said triumphal.

She ran toward the building.

'I'll have to use the fast way if I want to catch him before he runs off again.' she thought. 'Damn, I hate this!'

On the roof, the group of kids had surrounded the small shadow they had been chasing. The chibi figure sat on the edge of the roof, staring at the older kids.

'What are they doing?' Chibi Hiei thought.

"My wand is not working on him!" shouted the auburn-haired girl in panic.

"I think the stuffed animal did a big mistake." said the Chinese boy.

"I'm not a stuffed animal!" shouted the yellow toy.

Chibi Hiei glanced at each kid as they talked. The girl with the long wand tried to use it against him and yelled something about a Clow Card, but the wand did nothing to him. So he just stared in amusement as they argued.

"If he's not a Clow Card, then what is he?!" shouted the Chinese girl. "A boy with a third eye is not normal!!"

Chibi Hiei stared until he caught the glimpse of someone behind them. He recognized the figure immediately.

"Marlene-san!" he called.

Hiei stood up and ran to his friend, passing by the Cardcaptor group, who just stared in wonder.

The neko youkai stood on another edge of the roof. She held her head, she gritting her teeth, and cursing under her breath.

"Oi, Marlene-san!" Chibi Hiei called again, then stopped as he saw her expression. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I'm...fine." she almost growled. 'WHY?! Of all times to almost crash into a bird and smash my head into the wall while leaping to the roof! Kuro would never let me live THAT down!' She calmed down and sighed deeply. She looked at the small Jaganshi, and let out a small gasp. All three of his eyes were exposed. "Where is your headband?"

"I think I lost it somewhere." Chibi Hiei shrugged.

"Unfortunately, I don't have another headband with me right now. But I can't leave you like that."

"Oi!" a voice called them.

Marlene and Hiei turned to the Cardcaptor group. They were staring at them like idiots.

"Oh, gomen, I didn't see you." said Marlene as Chibi Hiei held her hand as if she was his mother or sister.

The girl with auburn hair held her wand in front of her. "Are he a Clow Card or not?"

"What's a Clow Card?" asked Chibi Hiei.

The other kids stared at him. Marlene took word.

"Oh, I'm sure this is just a big misunderstanding. He's not a Clow Card, whatever that is."

"Is he a monster?" asked the Chinese girl.

"No." Marlene replied. "My name is Marlene. And the kid here is Hiei. We'll be only staying for a day and then return home."

"I'm Sakura." said the girl with the wand. She introduced her friends. "The little guy is Kero, my friend with the camera is Tomoyo, the boy is Shaoran, and the Chinese girl is Meilin."

"A pleasure to meet you." Marlene stared at them. "It seems to me you're the ones who see strange things every day. We need a place to stay until tomorrow and..." She glanced at Chibi Hiei. "...and a headband if you have one."

"Um, sure." said Sakura. "Let's go to my house. We can talk there."

"By the way, what happened to all the students here?" Marlene asked.

Sakura took out a card and held it up for her to see. "The Sleep Card." she said.

"O...kay." was all Marlene could say. Chibi Hiei wasn't paying attention as he played with his black bangs.

**************

They all went to Sakura's house. Fortunately for them, Sakura's brother and father weren't home. So they all went to the living room, and, while eating some pudding, they had a long conversation. Marlene told the Cardcaptor group why they were there and Sakura told her story too. Chibi Hiei ran off while they talked, into the kitchen, and only Shaoran noticed. He was still suspicious about the demon pair. Demons were supposed to be evil. However, these two seemed to be good people. Especially Hiei, who looked too innocent. (How wrong he was.)

"This pudding is great." Marlene said. "Though it tastes a little too sweet. Don't you think?"

"Yeah, maybe I put too much sugar in it." said Sakura.

"Oh, where's Hiei?" Marlene looked around for the boy. She saw Shaoran glaring at the kitchen door.

"I saw him going into the kitchen about half an hour ago." he said, not looking at her.

Marlene's expression turned into worry. She turned to Sakura. "Sakura, do you have ice cream in your fridge?"

"Hai, why?" she replied.

"And more pudding?"

"Yeah. What's going on?"

"Oh no!" Marlene got up and ran to the kitchen. The others followed her.

The neko demon stepped into the kitchen and froze. Her eyes widened and her jaw fell. But she went merely two steps inside, and stepped on something wet and slippery.

"YAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!" Marlene slipped to the other side of the kitchen and crashed into the lower cabinets.

The others entered the kitchen and froze too.

The refrigerator's door was wide open. The counter had a few empty plates and two empty bowls of ice cream. Not to mention the ice cream spilled on the floor, which Marlene had slipped on. Chibi Hiei was sitting on the floor eating ice cream from a third bowl with his hands. His face had ice cream all over it, as well as his clothes, and the blue headband that Sakura had given him.

"Hiei, what are you doing?!" Marlene finally came to, wringing the melted ice cream out of her hair.

"My ice cream!" Sakura yelled.

"My pudding!" Kero started crying.

Chibi Hiei finished eating and looked up at Marlene with big puppy eyes. "Hi, Marlene-san."

Marlene almost melted under the innocent stare, but quickly got over it and walked calmly toward the demon child as the others stared. She bent down and...

"OWOWOWOWOW! ITAIIIIII!" Chibi Hiei cried as Marlene yanked him out of the kitchen by his ear. "Marlene-san, that hurts!"

As she reached the stairs, she called to the others. "Excuse me for a few minutes, this little guy needs a bath!"

"Alright, I'll bring you some dry clothes later!" Sakura called back.

"That kid is trouble." Meilin said.

They could still hear Chibi Hiei's yells and protests. Sakura turned to the others and said: "Oh well, let's clean up this mess."

"Are you really giving Hiei some of your clothes?" said Meilin.

"I can't. So I was thinking of something even better." Sakura looked at Shaoran, Meilin did the same.

Shaoran stared back. Until he realized what Sakura meant. He stepped back, eyes widened. "Nani?! You can't be serious!" he yelled angrily at Sakura.

"Oh come, Shaoran. You can give Hiei better clothes than me."

"Iie!"

"Why not?"

"Because..." Suddenly he turned bright red. Meilin laughed out loud.

"What's so funny?" Sakura asked.

"It's just that...I just remembered that..." Meilin laughed louder. "Shaoran's clothes are all dirty! All he has clean right now are his Chinese outfits!"

Sakura stared at Shaoran wide-eyed. "So, you mean..."

"I can't wait to see that three-eyed kid in Chinese clothes." Meilin said.

*************

Later...

"Hiei, you couldn't look cuter." Marlene said.

Marlene sat on the couch with Chibi Hiei sitting beside her. The boy was staring at his black, blue (my two favorite colors), and white Chinese outfit. Shaoran had kept the clothes since he was younger so they fit the little red-eyed demon. He wore another blue headband and black shoes.

"I feel weird." he muttered.

"I love your hat."

Chibi Hiei blushed and touched the Chinese hat that went with his clothes.

Sakura suddenly stood up from her seat and went to them.

"Guys, I just sensed a Clow Card. We're going to catch it. Do you want to come along?"

"Sure, we'd love to help."

"Then let's go!"

They went to the city and started searching for anything unusual.

"So, what kind of card are we looking for?"

"Does that give you an idea?"

They all looked at the direction Shaoran was pointing to, and gasped. It was a huge rat!

"Ahhhh!!" Meilin yelled and hid behind Shaoran, as did Sakura and Tomoyo. Marlene only stared at the rat.

"A rat?" she said. "Since when are rats this big? What kind of card can do this?"

"You just said it, Marlene. It must be The Big Card." Kero stated.

"Alright. We should look for it. As long as that rat doesn't get any closer." Sakura said as she and Tomoyo hugged each other. They let go for a moment and Sakura released The Fly Card. A pair of white wings sprouted from the tip of her wand. Sakura and Tomoyo sat on the wand. Sakura turned to the neko demon.

"I only have room for two. Marlene, you and Hiei follow Shaoran and Meilin." And with that she flew away into the air, Kero close behind.

The big rat had run off, and Shaoran and Meilin were about to follow their friends. Marlene looked around for Hiei, but the little kid was not in sight.

"Oi, where's Hiei?"

***************

Sakura and Tomoyo spotted The Big Card sitting on a fountain, and landed. The card had just used its magic on a small fish.

"Be careful, Sakura." said Tomoyo as Sakura approached it cautiously. She was about to use her wand to seal it, when they all saw a small person standing in front of The Big Card. Sakura gasped.

"Hiei, no! Get away from it! It's dangerous!" she warned him, but he didn't listen.

Chibi Hiei stared at the Clow Card with wide, curious eyes. Even when it was sitting, he was like an ant (not literally) compared to it. The Big Card smiled down at him.

"Are you a fairy?" he asked.

The Big Card giggled and reached out to him with her wand.

"Hiei, look out!" Sakura yelled.

At that moment, Marlene, Shaoran, and Meilin appeared. They were running as fast as they could. Marlene saw Hiei and the card.

"Hiei!"

Chibi Hiei stared as the tip of the wand touched his nose. His body started glowing white, and he was growing in size.

"What's happening to him?!" Marlene yelled.

When Hiei stopped glowing, he had grown to about 20 feet tall! Chibi Hiei was now Oukii Hiei! Hiei stared at the doll-sized city.

"Sugoi! This is so cool!" his voice echoed through all the city. It was so loud, everyone had to cover their ears.

"Hiei, lower your voice!!" Marlene called to him as loud as she could. "Hiei, daijobou-ka?!"

Oukii Hiei looked down at her and the Cardcaptors.

"Sugoi! Talking dolls!" his voice echoed again as he reached out to them. Everyone ran out of the way, except Marlene.

"Iie Hiei! AHH!"

Oukii Hiei grabbed the female youkai and brought her up. Marlene yelled and tried to break free, but his grip was too strong, and her arms were pinned. She looked down and almost yelped at how high she was.

"Hiei, put me down!"

Oukii Hiei stared at her. "Marlene-san? Is that you? How did you get so small?" His voice was like two or three discotheques together. Good thing she wasn't in youkai form, or she would've fainted.

"I didn't turn chibi!! You got turned into a giant!!" she yelled so her tiny voice could be heard. Fortunately, he had sensitive hearing too.

"Honto? I wanted to be tall, but not like this."

Marlene looked down at the Cardcaptors. "Oi! How can Hiei turn back?!"

"There is only one way. You have to seal The Big Card, Sakura!" said Kero.

"Right!" Sakura turned to the fountain. The Big Card was gone. "Nani?! It's gone! Where did it go to?!"

"Great! First the three-eyed kid eats all the ice cream and pudding! Now he's a giant and we have to find the card responsible! Who knows where it disappeared to!" yelled a frustrated Meilin.

Suddenly, the ground started shaking violently.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! IIE, YAMERO!!! I'M GETTING DIZZY!!"

They all looked up and their eyes got wide at the scene before them. Oukii Hiei was laughing hysterically, it echoed in the air, throughout the city. Plus, he was running in circles like crazy. Poor Marlene had swirly eyes.

"What's going on?" said Sakura.

Oukii Hiei stopped running and stared at the figure in his hand with sparkling eyes.

"Look at the kawaii dolly!"

"Hiei-AAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" she screamed as she was thrown into the air like a ball.

Sakura and the others gasped in horror. Marlene's human instincts had taken over and she started panicking. She felt the air's pressure press painfully against her body. She looked down, seeing she was even higher than before, and screamed. Her eyes were as big as saucers as she began to fall.

"Oh, Kami-sama! I'm gonna die! I'M GONNA DIE!"

Oukii Hiei reached out and broke her fall as she fell on the palm of his hand. The Cardcaptors sighed in relief. But before the neko demon could catch her breath, Oukii Hiei started running around again. The ground shook so violently, everyone fell on their faces. Hiei accidentally stepped on small cars, mailboxes, fences, and a lot of other things. The cars were squashed like cockroaches and the fences and mailboxes were broken like mere toothpicks.

"Hiei, yamero! You're going to hurt someone!"

The neko demon's cries went unheard, but Hiei wasn't looking where he was going and stepped on a large school bus. The thing worked like a skate and Hiei lost control, rushing through the street. He tried to step off the bus, and when he did, he tripped and started falling backwards, toward a house, as he tried to regain his balance.

"LOOK OUT BELOW!!" Marlene yelled.

*CRAAAAAASSSHHHHH!*

The house got squashed under Hiei's back. Marlene was dazed, but quickly got over it and looked down at the crumbled house grimly.

"I just hope the house was empty. AH!"

Hiei got up and ran about once again.

"Sweet snow! SWEET SNOW!! SWEET SNOW!!!"

Marlene finally realized what the problem was.

"WHAT?! He on a sugar rush?! NOW?! Oh, great!" she cried loudly enough for the Cardcaptors to hear. "This is a really bad time for him to go hyper!"

(SMG: "Well, you know he's a demon, so let's just say the sugar effects took a little longer.")

The Cardcaptors quickly grabbed on to the first thing they could reach, a street light, as the ground continued shaking.

"H-how a-a-are w-we going to f-find the c-card if t-the g-g-ground k-keeps shaking l-l-like t-t-this?!" yelled Meilin.

"I-I h-have t-to rescue Marlene f-f-first!" Sakura yelled and took out a card. "Jump Card!"

The Jump Card was released and Sakura jumped high, she reached Oukii Hiei's hand, and pulled Marlene away from him. They landed safely on the ground.

"Okay, now what?!" yelled Meilin.

"Sakura, you have to calm him down! How about that card you used to put all the students in your school to sleep?"

"Great idea, Marlene!" She took out The Sleep Card. "Sleep Card, come forth." And she hit it with her wand. "Put that giant into dreamland!"

The Sleep Card flew toward the giant, hyper fire child, its sparkling blue dust falling all over him. The sugar-rushed giant stopped in his tracks, his eyes closed half way, and he yawned.

"It's working!" Sakura said.

"Yeah, put we have a problem."

"What is it?"

Marlene pointed at Oukii Hiei, who was falling backwards. His shadow covered them. He was going to fall on top of them! Their eyes got wide.

"AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!" they all yelled.

Not thinking twice, the five of them ran in different directions. There was a thunderous crash when Oukii Hiei's body connected with the concrete.

It was good luck that The Sleep Card had put everyone else in the city to sleep.

"Sugoi." Marlene said as she stared at her friend.

Sakura smiled proudly. "Sleeping like a baby."

"Yeah, a BIG baby." Shaoran said.

Oukii Hiei had curled into a ball and was sucking on his thumb as he slept peacefully. His Chinese hat fell off his head and laid beside him.

"Okay, now we must find The Big Card." said Kero.

"But, can we leave him like this?" Marlene said, pointing at the sleeping giant.

"Well, the sleeping spell is strong, but I don't know how long it will last." Sakura said truthfully.

"I'll stay with him, then." Marlene said. "You go capture The Big Card."

"Okay, ja ne!"

Sakura and the others were gone. The neko girl sat beside the sleeping demon's head, staring at him.

"Oh, Hiei-chan." she whispered, and smiled. "You're cute, but you're going to be the end of me."

To Be Continued.....

(Author’s Notes: Well, it seems that Chibi Hiei and Marlene had quite a day, no?

Saiyan Moon Goddess: Those who saw the Yu Yu Hakusho series know that Hiei wasn't this cute when he was a kid. So Chibi Hiei is cute and adorable for the sake of the story's plot.

Daniel: Yeah! Besides, this kind of reminds me of “Honey, I Blew Up The Kid” movie. So in any case, we hoped you all enjoyed the show!

R&R, no flames, enjoy, and leave long reviews!)