Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Chores? Who Does Chores? ❯ M-me, sir? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

 

"GAH! Too much work, too much work…" Koenma mumbled as he shuffled through the endless pile of papers on his desk. "Mr. Komo-AH! He was supposed to go next week! We don't have room for him yet! Hmmm… I suppose he can go in the utility closet until a proper space is cleared… yeah! That'll work!" He picks up his stamp and inked it. "Permission granted for Mr. Komo to be quartered in the utility closet…"

 

"Hey!" cried George. "That's already my office!"

 

"Well, who gives a fuddy-duddy what you want?!"(A/N: I know it's lame, but it's just something I can picture him saying, ne?) "I'm swamped! Mr. Komo gets the utility closet, but you can have the incinerator room if you're going to throw a fuss about it! Now go away!"

 

"But Mr. Koenma, sir!" George protested.

 

"OGRE, I SAID OUT!!!" Koenma raged. "AH!" He cried out, startled into dropping his papers all over the floor at the sound of the telephone. "Yes? What is it?" His impatient expression changed to one of amazement and horror (mostly horror) at whatever the caller said. "WHAT?! OGRE, GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW!!! WE HAVE A CODE RED EMERGENCY!!!"

 

"But Koenma sir, you told me to get out!" George said, poking his (ugly) mug around the frame of the door, his mouth turned down in a pout.

 

"OGRE, NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR YOUR STUBBORNNESS!!! WE HAVE A CODE RED EMERGENCY HERE!!! GET BOTAN TO GATHER THE REKAI TANTEI RIGHT AWAY! IT'S CRUCIAL THAT WE GET THEM HERE A.S.A.P!!!"

 

"But sir," George protested. "You already sent Botan out on a mission in Canada! She won't be back for five hours!!"

 

"WELL THEN, GET AYAME TO DO IT!!!" Koenma was WAY past hysterical at this point.

 

George consulted a list, a small pair of spectacles perched on his (Long, hairy, ugly… George: HEY!) nose. "Sorry, sir! She's in Chile." (A/N: Mmmmmm… Chili… back to the story)

 

"ARGH!!!" Koenma shouted. "DON'T WE HAVE ANY FERRY GIRLS AROUND HERE?!"

 

Again, George consults his list. "Nope! Sorry, sir. You've sent every last girl out on a mission already."

 

"Hmph," Koenma said. "Well then, I guess we have no other choice… We'll have to go with plan B…"

 

"Ahem," George cleared his throat. "Plan B, sir?"

 

Koenma nodded. "Ogre…" he began.

 

George swallowed. "Y-yes, Koenma sir?"

 

"YOU will have to go as the ferry girl!!!" Koenma said triumphantly.

 

"WHA? M-me, sir?" He turned pale (a light periwinkle) as Koenma nodded. "… It's going to be painful for me if I refuse, isn't it?"

 

Once again, Koenma nodded.

 

George sighed. "Pain… Or the possibility of someone seeing and making the pictures into Christmas cards? Which to choose… All right, all right!!!" He said hastily as Koenma loomed above him with that scary flame background (Actually, that's quite a feat for someone only about two feet high…). With that, George exited the room (By way of Koenma's foot) and ran down the hall towards the oar dock.

 

For thirty seconds Koenma was still, the quiet broken only by the noise of him sucking on his pacifier. Then, in a rush of loose papers, Koenma lunged towards the phone, grabbing the receiver and dialing the Ogre break room.

 

"Hello? Koenma here, supreme ruler of Spirit World and the guy who signs your paychecks. I'd like to reserve a copy of this year's Christmas cards…"

 

 

 

I think I'm gonna leave it at that. You know, I can't believe I actually finished that chapter. I never finish anything. Anyway, tell me what you think. I had a bit of a writer's block (stabs writing block with a Q-tip. Die!!!) and I'm not sure how the last five paragraphs turned out. If you have any criticism, I'd love to hear it, and the same goes for all of you who actually like what I have so far. P.S. If anyone asks, I'll be happy to post a picture of the Ogre's Christmas card…