Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Cries ❯ Plans and kept truths ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two: Plans and learing kept truths.

Karen: "What are you.....*Blink*Blink* Talking about? I don't get it....I mean. I never really meet my father but then again....I don't understand...could you go over that again?" *Ana and Kurama falls over anime style* Ana: "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! HOW DENSE CAN YOU GET???

Karen: "*Sniff*Sniff* WAHH HAH HAH HAH! STOP YELLING WAHH HAH HAH! YOU HURT MY FELLINGS!!!" Ana looks at Kurama and Kurama surugs his shoulders.

Voice: "Stop crying you big baby."

Kurama: "Why hello there Hiei. How goes it?"

"Hunmp. Tell me. Who's this cry baby? Friend of Ana's I persume?"

"That's right. Her name is Karen and she's rather upset right now so be nice."

"Nice? Sorry. But I don't do nice. Espasily to weak little humans like her. What happened here anyway? She's got scars covering her and reaks of blood. I could smell it from sevrel meters away. I was hoping she was bleeding to death but sense you two are here I take it she's going to be fine."

Ana: "Heh. Aren't you prince charming?"

"Watch it."

Ana looked away from the bothersome new comer. "A friend of yours I presume, Kurama? Just what does he think he's doing here?"

"A friend more or less...I don't know, but for now what say you two try to be friends for now?" Hiei scowled. He already didn't like this girl, she smelled wierdly of both yokai and spirit being. He liked complication, but he didn't like a potential threat-the treat of someone being stronger than he, that is. "Your father is a big tough guy" *Ana illistrated* "who owns much land and is very powerful. He is now, however, very sick and is being hunted, no doubt. And you were kidnapped for ransom that your daddy would give up aaallll his land in exchange for your life, my dear," She took a deap breath, "NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!" Hiei thought he'd chime in with his oppinions, wanted or not. "If this guy is so tough why then did he send you to retrieve his little girl? Why not come and get her himself?" Ana grew increasingly irritated of this pointy headed midget. "Did I NOT just get done EXPLAINING to you people that he is SICK?? Even for a yokai-" oops..she let that slip. "A WHAT?! A yokai? My father's a YOKAI?" Karen cried. "does that mean I'm a yokai too?" *oi* Kurama spoke now, somewhat ignoring the girl's question. "That's what intregues me. Yokai's have no vulnerability to illness, they generally can't get sick, as far as I know. But maybe I'm wrong." Hiei again let in his two cents...(more like one and a half if you ask me...)"You are wrong on that, Kurama. Yokais have no weaknesses what-so-ever to any kind of sickness. If he does, then he's not a yokai. A spirit beast, on the otherhand..." he took a look at Ana, perhaps forgetting for a moment that Kurama was a spirit beast, himself. Then again, maybe not. Ana cought his glance and shot back with one of her own. Kurama and Karen felt the tension uncomfortally and decided to change the subject, more or less...

The four walked through the forest, on their way to bring little Karen home and to find, perhaps, a medicine for her father's illness. Karen was anxious and nervous (if not a little petrified) to meet her father, a great yokai the probable first time. Kurama was carrying her piggy-back style through so they could go faster by jumping from branch to branch in the trees. This was not as much fun as she thought it would be, feeling like she was going to fall at any time. But she got used to it. "What type of virus could possibly exist to infect a yokai? It makes no sense to me!" Ana complained again. "Shut up, girl, there is none! Unless this guy is extremely weak and simple minded to believe he was sick he can not possibly be!" Hiei chimed for the hundredth time. "You think you're SO smart, Hiei! You dumn little child-" Karen looked quickly at Ana, thinking she was addressing her,"No, not you, Karen! The little head-banded twerp behind us" Ana reasured.

As they wandered threw the forest Ana perked up her cat-like ears and then quickly leaped on Kurama and Karen, Hiei to far away. "get down!" She pushed Kurama and Karen and herself to the ground when a small object flew by and grazed her hair. She let up a bit but still would not let them up to far off the ground. Just enough to let Karen off of Kurama's back. "What was that?" Kurama asked. Karen settled by Ana...actually, Ana made Karen move so Kurama wouldn't suffocate in the ground. Hiei joined them, only a few steps behind them. "What's wrong with you, girl?" "This is what's wrong-a poisonous dart." Kurama said as he dislodged the thing out of a now dying tree. "The poison is very potent. Look at how fast this tree is decaying." he continued. "A waste of time making us detour to avoid it!" "No. Look around you, Hiei. Surely you must sense it. We are in yokai territory now. Everything you see here has a inhuman spirit within and this poison is well made and can kill even us. Even you, Hiei. We must be watchfull of our steps from her on. It seems someone wants us dead." Kurama finished. "Someone wants YOU dead, or that child, or that witch." Hiei said. Ana scowled. "I, on the other hand, will not be taken in by such trivial and poor traps. Let them come after me. They will only die quicker." Hiei returned to the trees and headed off. Ana decided to carry Karen on her back for a time. They carefully but swiftly jumped through the trees to their still far destination.

"Oh...." Karen replyed, Still A little confused. "Where are we going anyway? You not going to take me back to my stupid, retard of A mom are you? Because if you are I really don't want to go. She'll yell, curse and slap me because I ran away. I....I just can't stand it anymore. She's such A pain. Always putting Jesus Christ's, our savior, Name in vain with all her constant GD and DG curses. It's enoph to drive anyone insane. I can't stand that woman! As if that ain't enoph, she gets high of illegile stuff and loses her mind. I mean, I woke 12:00 one night to my mother pouring manoise in my underpants, singing the barney song, dresed in a ballerinas' outfit and was covered in kitty litter. As if that ain't enoph I almost got my head cut off by an ax. It was A sharp one too. Just imangen. Waking up with JUST enoph time to dodge. I mean just barely did I escape that. Well I wouldn't call it A complete escape. I missed the fadle blow however I still got A small scar." Kurama: "And you were how old when that happened?" "Five. I'm eight now." "I see." Hiei: "So I take it your mom has been A senile fool eversense you were born?" "*Sigh* Yeah. Pretty much." "Tuh. It's not just her." Ana: "***GASP***HIEI!!! THAT IS NO WAY TO TALK TO KAREN, APOLOGISE!!!" "No." Karen: "It's okay Ana he dosn't have to. I'm use to it. So, What'saaaa....yokai anyway?" Everyone stoped running and looked at Karen. "What? Is it like some kind of.....food? Car? Exsperinced plumer maybe." Kurama: "Hmmmm......" Hiei: "Heh. Fool." Ana: ".....Well.....It's hard to exspain."

Ana pondered a good explanation for what a yokai was to a girl who worshiped a God-type. "Well, yokai is...it's kinda like a...."She thought so much she nearly ran herself into a tree. "I guess it's like a" she didn't want to say supernatural,"extraordinary being." Karen looked puzzled,"Extra-Ordinary? So they are really just more ordinary than regular people? Like lawers or something?" Ana and Kurama had to laugh. Hiei got fed up,"Yokais are terrible terrible monsters that have powers far greater than any human and love to eat little children who ask stupid questions. Actually, they love to eat little children anytime!" Hiei smirked. Ana veered to Hiei and gave him a whopper of a punch in the head. "That's no way to speak to her!! That's not what yokais are and you know it!" Ana yelled. Karen was scared more by Ana's temper than by Hiei's grim explanation of what a yokai was. "Not too much unlike his explanation I'm afraid. Most of them, anyway. But there are some good in some. Be asured Karen, Your father is one of those rare ones with a heart. I'm sure he is." Kurama asured her. They all continued running and told Karen she wouldn't be going back to her mother but to her father. They all just hoped he was still alive, but they didn't burden Karen with that detail. (by the way, 4, how old are you?) A few hours went by and it was getting dark and Karen was falling asleep on Ana's back. They decided to set up camp. Ana used her power over fire to create a camp fire, and marvled Karen. Kurama and Ana had both brought backpacks and sleeping bags, so they had provisions. Karen shared a sleeping bag with Kurama and Hiei, not wanting another wollap from Ana, took watch. He rarely slept, anyway. She offered him her sword but he declined,"I don't need your rusty old sword, I have my own, thank you." *bite me, shorty* Ana thought.