Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Defenseless ❯ Bipolar much? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Whee! School is over! I have a part time job now! Ahem... I never thought I posted this story so far back! I apologize for the long wait for an update but finally, here it is! And I updated my profile... Enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: If I owned Yu Yu Hakusho, would I bother getting good grades?
~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 3: Bipolar much?
 
Different yes, but he sure didn't imagine that. Let me back up a moment, the next day, when Kurama went back to school, he looked before school for this mysterious Sachi who supposedly went to the same school as him. Which, in itself was quite a surprise.
 
It was curious that he couldn't find her anywhere though. Of course, being the independent fox he was, he didn't bother asking around, and that probably saved his reputation as star of the school. It was during his last class that the principal called him in his office. Obediently, he went during class as requested.
 
Once he arrived there, Kurama had to literally dodge the door that appeared to have been kicked open by someone-- apparently angry. “Sachi I will not allow you to leave!” scolded the principal authoritatively.
 
The girl turned her back on Kurama, glaring at the man behind his desk, “Oh yeah? Just try and stop me.” she spat bitterly. If looks could kill, lets just say the principal would be shreds right now...
 
'Wow... it's her!' thought Kurama, slightly with a blank mind. He could feel anger emanating from her, and not just a little. He felt it like a massive tsunami, it was so strong! So maybe humans aren't strong, but they sure feel a lot.
 
Sac--” started Kurama with a small smile, which he quickly lost once the girl turned around. His eyes slightly widened. The pretty face he saw yesterday was anything but soothing. It was devoid of any sympathy and he thought for a second she hated him for something he didn't do. Kurama stared, his mouth barely agape. Could she really be the same person!?
 
Now he understood... He knew why the entire school avoided her like the plague. No one had the guts to stand up to her. Not like the thought of that would even graze their frightened minds. Sachi looked-- murderous and ready to jump on someone's throat in a second. 'Note to self: never make her angry.'
 
And before he could even finish saying her name, she had disappeared. A loud sigh made Kurama snap out of his trance and look up: the principal was rubbing his temples. Poor guy, must have a lot of pressure...
 
Shuichi... Please, take a seat.” said the principal, a hand gesturing towards a chair.
 
Different indeed. Boy was he glad Sachi had somehow vanished, though now he couldn't find her on campus or anywhere and he knew now to not ask around on her whereabouts. She was basically a bird. Migrating when and wherever she wanted to. She didn't have the “normal” tight bonds that restricted her to his environment, this-- prison.
 
Now that school was over, maybe he could catch a glimpse of Sachi and give her stuff back... Or not. She was nowhere in sight. No trace of her whatsoever. 'That's strange...' Ok so maybe he could go to her house and drop the stuff off.
 
On second thoughts, he'd probably get lost on the way. Sighing softly, he went to his locker and unloaded the unnecessary weight when two girls came up to him. He smiled gently when really he was thinking 'There we go again...'
 
Somehow able to dodge the painful encounter with the sweet and caring girls, Kurama dropped his school bag at home and picked up the grocery list left on the table. “Lets see...” he whispered to himself, staring at the list with one hand rubbing his chin.
 
Once in the store, he roamed the rows with a basket in hand, which progressively became heavier. But at least, it's good exercise and can keep his muscles in shape! ... Who am I kidding? We all know he works out everyday... Anyway, he patiently waited in line as the old woman in front of him took her sweet time to get out, then paid for his groceries and left.
 
Upon noticing the street lamps lit and the setting sun barely visible through gaps in between buildings, Kurama hurried to get home before his mom beat him to it. It was sort of a game between them, whoever came home first didn't have to cook dinner. Unfair yes, but fun since it was the only game he could play that wasn't childish.
 
What the hell do you think you're doing?”

“You can't keep ditching meetings like that, or else you're next!” shouted two angry voices in a parallel street. Had he not heard a familiar voice reply, Kurama would have never thought anything more of those random yells. But--
 
Shut up, I told you I couldn't make it this last week damnit!”
 
'Sachi?' Kurama's eyebrows perked up in mild surprise.
 
What the hell, you swore your brother wouldn't be an issue. Or are you too scared to fucking hit him!?” spat another angry voice. How many people were there!?
 
With his fox agility and his ancient expertise as thief, Kurama managed to get a good view of the scene that was now in front of him. He kept quiet but listened closely, he wasn't exactly sure what kind of girl Sachi was, but maybe this was going to clarify some things.
 
Shut the fuck up bitch!” replied Sachi bitterly with venom dripping from her voice, her fists were tightly clenched, her nails digging into her skin. “You don't know what the hell you're talking about!” The girls around her snickered, starting to walk in a menacing circle around her.
 
Oh we know, believe us.”
 
Yeah we know all about your visit to school.”
 
Sachi's eyes slightly widened for half a second before she glared murderously at them, whirling on her heels to glare at the tallest girl. “So what?” she snarled back, “Since when is the school off limits?”
 
Oh how brave. You arrogant slut, you know full well the school is off limits!”
 
No, it's in our zone. And since when am I tailed anyway?” she snapped, glaring from girl to girl.
 
Ever since the beginning.” sneered the leader, the toughest girl there.
 
Sachi's mouth opened in bewilderment, realization washing over her. “Y-you-- you <i>never</i> trusted me?” she inquired barely over a whisper.
 
The gang of girls snickered as the leader snorted, “Why the hell would we trust a bitch like you? You think we'd just let you in our gang 'cuz you say so? Dream on, girl. The streets have strict rules, I think you broke them all.”
 
W-what do you mean? You never told me any rules!” shouted Sachi, betrayal apparent in her voice and her voice.
 
Another wave of snickers brushed against her, “We know... it was all a test. And you fail.”
 
Sachi lowered her head, her black hair covering both sides of her face, her fists clenching even more. When she next spoke, her voice was quivering from such much anger. “You're telling me,” she started softly, though the anger and bitterness were still very discernible, “that all this time-- when I relied on all of you... it was just a fucking game!?”
 
Her head snapped up, and Kurama witnessed her murderous, extremely pissed face, just like at school earlier today. He had a really hard time believing the girl who helped me the day before could even laugh so lightly. Now it seemed all her being was consumed by hatred.
 
The group of punks stopped circling her and took a minuscule step back, one girl barely controlling a flinch. The leader smirked, crossing her arms on her chest. “And what if it was? What the hell are you going to do about it? Beat us up? You're outnumbered Sachi.”
 
Sachi didn't answer, her eyes seemed to be glowing red, as if a fire was burning her very soul. “You bitches want to know why I'm living with those bastards right now?” she hissed, a small drop of blood trickling down her hand before falling on the cement. Without waiting for an answer, she continued “My family abandoned me for some crazy superstition. Cowards.”
 
The leader shrugged, “Oh... and we should care? Just get the bloody hell out of here!” she pointed a finger towards an adjacent street.
 
I'm not done!” yelled Sachi, controlling her body from trembling in pure anger. “Then, the oh-so angelic neighbors came into my house and appropriated it as if it always belonged to them! They always said it came from the goodness of their hearts.” she chuckled dryly, “My ass. They just wanted my house.”
 
Look, we-don't-care! You're done for, finished! Every gang in this city knows to reject you or beat the living hell out of you if you get too close. Get lost!” chimed in the leader, clearly not seeing where story time was taking them.
 
Shut... up.” snarled Sachi, the intensity of the fire in her eyes quadrupling. “You want to know why I joined you Yankees?” she asked, her murderous glare eying each girl after the other. “Anger management. If I get too pissed, something bad happens. So I took it out on our 'enemies' as you classify them. And you know what else? I'm really pissed right now, if you value your life-- run.” finished Sachi, turning her hatred-filled eyes towards the leader.
 
The gang honestly didn't know what to believe, they doubted she could kill them, they had seen her in action and admitted she was a good street fighter, but they thought she didn't have the “spirit” to keep going. How wrong they were.
 
Kurama noted a peak in Sachi's low spirit energy, but what emanated from her wasn't spirit energy per say, it was-- different. Anger? Sadness perhaps. Whatever it was, it was scaring the Yankees away, all but five of them ran off.
 
Sachi's usual hazel eyes (1) seemed to have burned up to become a vivid red, heck no it was more like a wild fire. The five girls left clenched their fists, the leader slightly intimidated “We won't let you order us around. Who the hell do you think you are?” she spat angrily, but not nearly as angry as Sachi was.
 
I just didn't feel like killing anyone anymore, but if you insist.” And she took an offensive stance, her shoulder length hair barely blowing in the light breeze. The five girls snorted and attacked her at the same time. Kurama was about to jump in and intervene when he noticed a small smirk.
 
'She's-- smiling?' he thought confusedly. Why would she be smiling? It's one against five, aren't the odds against her? Intriguing girl indeed... But he also noticed her smirk made her look like someone who enjoys bloodshed, someone who escaped an asylum or prison.
 
He watched-- no, stared as she fought. She had the grace of a ballerina, the strength of a lion, the speed of a jaguar, the agility of a lynx and the beauty of a swam. Deadly. Literally. As Kurama blinked, he heard a muffled shout and what resembled the sound of a bone breaking. Snapping out of his-- trance, he observed as the leader fell on her side, tears pouring from her eyes, one arm trying to push her up while her other-- bent the wrong way.
 
The other four girls stopped fighting and stared at Sachi in a mix of awe, horror and disgust. “You monster! How could you!?” yelled a girl who bent to pick up her fallen leader.
 
Sachi laughed dryly, “How could I? Now that's funny...” She lost her smile, glaring. “How could you!?” she spat bitterly as the five girls disappeared in a narrow street, escaping that deranged, mad girl.
 
Kurama's mouth was barely open, debating whether he should go to her or disappear just as he had sneaked in. In the end, he voted for the latter. Maybe it was safest... for his sake. Besides, now he was sure to be on dinner cooking duty, his mom was way ahead of him.
 
He thought he heard a sob, just like the night before through the door, but corrected himself in that it was a-- chuckle!? What the heck!? This girl was really confusing...
 
He glued himself to the wall as Sachi walked past him, oblivious of him. Or anything else for that matter. She seemed in a daze... and a thick one. What was wrong with her? Did it have to do with her parents leaving because of a supposedly silly superstition? He'd have to look more into that... but for now, better hurry home before the ice cream in his bag melted completely.
 
Dinner duty. Oh great...
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
(1) I don't think I ever mentioned her eye color, so-- I picked one. If I did and just couldn't find it, let me know. Thanks!
 
Whee! I wrote-- 3 pages of this in like... an hour. o.O Amazing... Maybe it's the power of vacation. Yeah, but no. :P It's just my very own genius. *cough* Err, don't mind my alter ego... >.> I mean-- *cough* Anyway! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'll explain... things later, though the superstition part was made up. Maybe I'll come up with something good. Tell me if you want a lemon in this or not.
 
Until next time then, ja ne!
 
bee bee: Yay for reviewer! ^^ Lol did you ever log in? :P School's over for me, I don't know about you but I hope it is too because studying too much can damage the brain. *nod nod* It's true... My brain is still in the freezer since May... >.> Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
 
HeartStar: ... Wow, it's been a whole month! o.o I didn't think I posted this story so long ago... or time just flies by! @_@ Anyway, I finally finished the next chapter... I hope you like it! Sorry for the delay!