Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Defenseless ❯ Poisonous-- what? ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Arg, this headache had me from Saturday late afternoon to all day Sunday hence shot my creativity. >.> I didn't update as fast as I wanted to... (says I one week later...)
 
Disclaimer: Nope, sorry, don't own any anime, although I DID go to Anime Exposition. It was SO very cool! n.n
~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 6: Poisonous-- what?
 
Jeez Koenma, next time you send him on a mission alone at least make sure you know where he is!” yelled Yusuke in a reproachful tone.
 
Oh shut it Yusuke, it'll be easy with Hiei's Jagan and I'm sure he's not in Makai. So get going!” shooed Koenma before returning to his stamping that we all know he adores...
 
Mumbling curses all the way out of Koenma's office, Yusuke turned a not so happy face to Hiei. “Please tell me you know where he is.” he half begged, his eyes closed in supplication.
 
Hn. Of course I do. The scent of his blood was too strong.” replied Hiei before jumping in the portal linking Reikai to Ningenkai.
 
Then lets get going! I'm starving!” and Yusuke jumped after Hiei, leaving Kuwabara the “honor” of jumping in last.
 
~*~
You sure that's the house?”
 
Hn. It reeks of blood.”
 
Yusuke sighed, “Why the hell did Kurama have to go and get injured?” Hiei just shrugged.
 
Well c'mon guys, don't let him die in there! If what Hiei says is true, then he's probably in a lot of pain. Get moving Urameshi!” and Kuwabara more or less kicked Yusuke's ass up to the front door.
 
Sheesh Kuwabara, cool your horses. Kurama's not gonna die, he's a tough one.” smirked Yusuke, pushing the door open in a creak.
 
The house was dark and silent, and not in a great condition. Lets just say, they were surprised somebody could live in it. “What's that stench?” frowned Yusuke, covering his nose with his sleeve.
 
Mold.” replied Hiei, his crimson eyes quickly glancing around the apparently deserted house.
 
Gross.” chimed in Kuwabara, looking as if he might throw up. “How can you even stay an hour in here?”
 
Stop babbling.” cut in Hiei, already halfway up the stairs. He could smell it. And he didn't like it. Something was off. He smelled blood sure, but something was in it. Following Hiei's acute nose, they pushed open a door that looked about to fall off its hinges, it was barely holding in place.
 
Kuwabara's and Yusuke's eyes widened, “N-no way!” Hiei frowned, the mold smell was gone in this room, but instead, something else replaced it.
 
They stared at Kurama's neck: the right side of it was black. Well not all black, but his veins were. “What the hell--!?”
 
So that's the smell...” muttered Hiei. “But it's such a strong smell, he couldn't possibly have that much poison in him.” he continued mumbling, but Kuwabara and Yusuke heard him nonetheless.
 
Holy sh-- cow! Is that a girl?” asked Yusuke to-- no one in particular but pointed at Sachi, who was still sleeping. Or so it seemed anyway.
 
She doesn't look sick... except for the blood under her leg.” blinked Kuwabara, staring at the sleeping form intently. Yusuke snorted at his remark and gave a nod to Hiei before he grabbed Kurama's arm and slung it over his shoulder.
 
Kurama groaned, his eyes barely fluttering open which made Yusuke snicker, “Jeez, what made you such a wuss?” he mocked as he pulled his fox friend off the bed.
 
Yeah, what happened to the tough Kurama with undeniable logic?” added Kuwabara.
 
Hiei barely smirked, glancing one last time at the human on the floor. She smelled like the poison inside Kurama, but he simply assumed that it was because she had some of his blood on her clothes, which was true since the fox had an open wound on his stomach.
 
Hey guys--” started Kuwabara, staring at Kurama's hand over Yuuske's shoulder, “is he supposed to have black-- blood?”
 
Hiei's and Yusuke's heads instantly whirled towards Kurama's face, their eyes widening in shock. How the hell did they not see that a minute ago!? His arm, his veins, his blood-- it was all black!
 
What the--!?”
 
We have to hurry. The poison's quick and deadly.” snapped Hiei.
 
Hurry to where exactly? Do you know how to make the antidote!?” yelled Yusuke, losing his -extremely short- temper.
 
Easy enough. I'll find the demon who bit him. You two go to Genkai's.” and he created a portal for Yusuke and Kuwabara. “I'll be there in fifteen minutes.” and pushed them in before vanishing from the girl's room and house.
 
~*~
A scream echoed throughout a dark street of the city as a tall, dark figure smirked and licked his lips free of blood. “Sweet dreams, darling.” he snickered at the bloodless body sprawled in front of him before bursting out laughing like a maniac.
 
He could feel his prey growing weaker by the second, which ripped another dry laugh from his throat before he vanished from the crime scene.
 
~*~
Sachi winced in her sleep, something was burning within her. It itched and seemed to ascend in her body at an excruciating slow pace to, apparently, make the pain last longer. Her muscles started twitching, her left hand going to touch her shoulder before scratching her neck. She needed to make that pain go away!
 
Small whimpers left her throat, her eyes snapped shut tightly, her own nails digging into her flesh. Damn pain, go away! It was driving her nuts! Not only her neck was burning, but her entire right arm! It hurt so bad...
 
A dry chuckle made her open her eyes. Who the hell was in her room at this time of the morning? 'I thought that bastard-- had left...' thought Sachi, referring to her brother.
 
Aw what's the matter with you? Feeling too weak to even stand up?” said the voice bitterly.
 
Sachi sat up straight against the bed, she didn't even attempt to move her left leg, it just hurt like hell. Her eyes slightly widened after staring at the figure standing proudly in her room. “Y-you! B-but I saw you-- you were dead!”
 
If she could have inched backwards, she would of. But she couldn't. She was stuck. “Now now, don't be frightened my dear.” smirked the tall figure before kneeling in front of her menacingly, “I told you I'd kill you if you didn't piss off... but you didn't listen.” he smiled in a really freaky way, tilting his way to the side. “And now, I have to keep my promise. I'm sure you taste delicious.” he laughed lowly, licking his lips.
 
Sachi felt a shiver run down her spine. It wasn't a pleasant one, it was a cold shiver. She had a really, really, really bad feeling about that guy... He didn't seem too-- normal. Or human for that matter.
 
S-stay away!” she raised her left arm in front of her like a shield while trying to use her right arm to move sideways. Big mistake. Sachi had to bite her lip to keep that scream of pain from escaping her throat. If she could avoid it, she wouldn't give him the pleasure of hearing her scream. I mean, you can't get more sadistic, right?
 
Another dry laugh answered her, a strong and cold hand grabbing her left arm, jerking her forward. First of all, she had no clue what was happening but what she registered was when her head hit the floor. Basically that's what happened: the person had pulled her forward and slammed her against the ground, keeping her left hand prisoner under his iron grip.
 
You made two mistakes, onna.” snickered the sickly, freakishly abnormal person, “The first one was calling me an 'amateur' but the second -although noble- was to try sucking out my venom.”
 
Sachi's eyes widened. Did he just say-- venom? What the hell!? A demonic laugh followed before he kept on talking, “There's just one trick to that... My poison spreads faster after being supposedly sucked out. Of course it's a different kind of pain than your own but, I must say you chose the most painful way to die.”
 
Ok, this person definitely was sick. I mean, mentally challenged. Or just... not from this planet. “But don't worry, I won't let you suffer too long.” he snickered again before pushing her head to the right and holding it there.
 
Panic seized Sachi. Her heartbeat quickened, she could feel a cold sweat running down her cheek. Who the hell was this guy!? What did she do to him to get him so pissed off at her? ... Well, besides kicking his ass into a dumpster... Regardless! He didn't have to kill her for that! ... Right?
 
N-n-no... L-let go of me!” she tried wriggling free but found it rather quite difficult. Why the heck was she so terrified of this guy? Terrified? She was more like, petrified. Unable to move, unable to think. It was as if she just turned into stone, except she could feel pain.
 
Speaking of pain, a sharp pain on the left side of her neck snapped her out of her hazy thoughts. What the hell did he just do? Did he-- did he just bite her!? Ok this guy seriously has issues... who does he think he is? A dog? A snake? A freakin' bat!?
 
As Sachi's pain increased, she felt his grip disappear and hence tried to move away. Unfortunately, she learned -the hard way- that, sorry, no can do. It'd just hurt like-- well, hell basically. The man laughed, amused at her misfortune -brought exclusively by him I might add- and stood up again. “I'll enjoy watching you die.”
 
Sachi gasped for air, it felt like her neck was on fire. Both hands went up to her throat, scratching it until it bled, trying to get rid of the excruciating pain. Bad move. Her right arm throbbed, ripping a suppressed scream from her burning throat. Then she felt it go numb and fall to her side.
 
Her left hand squeezed her throat. Sachi didn't notice since the pain was so great, but she was strangling herself, cutting off her air supply. Her mind went blank, her mouth gaping -much like a fish would- for oxygen. The man sat on her bed, watching her with a spark in his eye.
 
It was obvious he enjoyed torture, pain and blood. It was written all over his face. More like, engraved on his face. “Good, good. Save me the trouble.” he chuckled.
 
Sachi didn't even hear him talk, she was oblivious to everything except her pain. In her own little world, her little bubble of pain.
 
If she could have noticed something, it would have been the color of her right arm. Her veins were black, much like the right side of her throat and a small portion of her face. (1)
 
Found you.” said a deep voice, belonging to someone popping out of nowhere.
 
The man on the bed bolted to his feet, his eyes narrowing into a glare before smirking. “Well, well... if it isn't the Forbidden Child. I'm honored.” said the demon, his eyes sparkling with joy. “To come add to my victim list. How noble.”
 
Cut the crap.” replied Hiei, his katana unsheathed and pointed at the needed enemy. “I'm only here f--”
 
For the girl?” interrupted the blood thirsty demon, he laughed. “Let me tell you, you're wasting your time. She's done for. Only a couple minutes left.” he smirked, granting Sachi a short, satisfied glance. “Of course, being only a human, I'm surprised she can survive that long with two bites.”
 
Hiei frowned, quickly glancing at the writhing girl on the floor. Drats, that wasn't part of the plan. “Hn. I'm not interested. I'm here to kill you.”
 
A mocking laugh answered him, “You-- kill me?” The demon shook in another fit of laughter before he wiped his fake tears. “Oh I'm sorry, but seen as I already killed your dear friend Youko, you don't seem much of a challenge.”
 
Hiei grit his teeth, his fist clenching on the hilt of his deadly -and sharp!- weapon. “Shut up.” he hissed murderously, his crimson eyes glaring coldly at the almost-dead demon. Now, all he had to do was to kill him and bring the body to Kurama. Right? Easy enough...
 
(1) Think Cheza (Wolf's Rain) in need of water when they're in the forest... except only one side of her throat.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Reviews make me happy. ^-^ Did I ever mention that? >.> Anyway, sorry I didn't update before and sorry if this chapter was-- crappy. It was like... a writer's block chapter, or just transition chapter... I hope you're enjoying this story although I'm sorry to say I have to think of an ending...
 
Oh and, I've had one vote regarding the lemon comment. Anyone else has an opinion? Comment?
 
Constantine: But go ahead and burn him! I ain't keeping you back *hands over neighbor* ^-^ Glad you liked it! Phew, that means it wasn't that bad after all... @@ Lucky me!
 
kahuffstix: *sighs contently* It's so nice to have “regular” reviewers. ^-^ Makes me so happy! And I don't need to add “R&R” which makes me even happier! Cuz that means people like it so much they *have* to review... >.> I'm weird, ignore that rambling. ^^;; I hope you liked this chapter!
 
kichi: Alrighty, that's one vote for no! And we'll see, if people forget then I won't put one... If I do, I might put two different ones up so you don't have to read it. ^^ Thanks for letting me know though!
 
bee bee: Lol well... >.> Yes and no? I don't actually know why I put that... @.@ I just kinda did. o.O So, I'll see how it goes. ^-^ Sorry for the cliffie, but my creativity was pretty much shot down. ;-;
 
fallen_angel_tears: Yeah this update took longer than I wanted it too... but work got me and then my dad wanted to paint stuff and-- yeah... >.> But I hope you liked this! n.n
 
DamnBlackHeart: ^^ Yay! Your reviews made me happy. And I kinda get the picture now why people think my OC's cool. ^-^ That makes me feel special... I'm really glad you like this story! And-- I will update now that you have given me new fire power! :P