Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Deleted Scenes ❯ Scene 2 Act 2 Nature of teh Beasts ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Opppps I forgot to say this before but I don't own any characters from Yu Yu Hakusho…if I did I'd fire all the dimwits at FUNimation for the sucky dubbing and changing what the characters say and mean! PST, Did you know that my spellcheck tried to replace FUNimation with Fumigation? XD That company needs to be fumigated! GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 
“Ever noticed that in the Dark Tournament, we see several bird youkai, fish and others…but no identifiable cats are seen? This deleted scene shows why the cencors omitted the cats from the Dark Tournament.
 
Scene 2, act 2 = Nature of the Beasts
 
“I still can't believe all that fuss was over a stupid pet.” Hiei grumbled as they watched Kuwabara get into the ring to face Shishiwakamaru.
 
“Hiei, Eikichi is not stupid. Do you remember when we took Kuwabara-kun and Yusuke to the Kuwabara home after defeating Suzaku? That day I had a lovely talk with the young cat.” Kurama could only smile at Hiei's disbelieving glare. “I am a fox spirit, remember? And animals do have a keen sixth sense. If they are intelligent enough, then I can communicate with them. Since I found myself in a new ally's home, I decided to gather whatever information I could about Kuwabara-kun. We went to Maze Castle knowing only about Yusuke, Kuwabara was an unexpected ally, even for Koenma. I wanted to learn what I could, so I took advantage of Eikichi's youthful trust to gather information.”
 
Needless to say, Hiei was not impressed. “Hn, what can you learn from a baby cat?”
 
“A lot, people tend to confide to their pets. Kuwabara talks to his cat about many things ranging from his habits to his loyalty. I even learned that Kuwabara-kun has been seeing ghosts since his early childhood from the kitten.” Giving a small smile, Kurama looked to the ring to see Kuwabara use his reikan like a javelin to avoid a mysteriously shimmering ….scarf? “Hiei, you know my reputation, my carefulness and cunning. Why do you think I accepted Kuwabara as an ally so quickly? Of course I checked him out to see if it was worthwhile to have him as an ally.”
 
“It makes sense that you would do a `background check'. That's why I tolerate him as much as I do, since you accepted him. You led your own thieving gang in the past, you know how to see if a person is an asset or a hindrance to the group.” Hiei never took his eyes away from the ring as Shishiwakamaru threw Kuwabara across the stage. “He is still a fool but he is doing better than I thought he would. If you tell a soul what I just said, I'll kill you.”
 
“You can try, but you would fail, my friend. Indeed, it is difficult to gauge Kuwabara's true ability since he's the type to show his strength only in actual combat.” Kurama smile as Kuwabara commanded his reikan to curve back in attempt to hit his opponent. “He is doing well considering that he has less than one year of experience with his reikan. While most of the demon participants in this tournament have been using their spirit energy attacks longer than Kuwabara's been alive.”
 
~~camera pans off to the audience to show Botan, Keiko and Shizuru~~
 
With wide eyes, Botan points to the stage. “That's a new trick for Kuwa-chan! I never seen him do THAT before.” Down below Kuwabara had just made the sword double back and trip his enemy with a swish.
 
Keiko gasps in astonishment. “I never saw him pull that out before! I thought that it was suppose to be … you know rigid and stiff.” As the older girls shared a look, no one noticed a small creature make its way down the stadium.
 
Shizuru smirks in amusement, glancing over Keiko's head at Botan. The ferry girl was trying to hold in the giggles. Shizuru knew that Keiko didn't realize what she just said could be taken in the wrong way… if a dirty minded person overheard.
 
“Well, you know, sometimes that just happens to a guy. Sometimes they just can't keep it up.” And judging by that comment, Botan had a dirty mind when she wanted to.
 
Suddenly, some commotion at the front row caught Shizuru's attention. “Oh damn! I always said that boy is trouble incarnate!” Botan and Keiko blinked as they took in the scene.
 
Down on the front row, sitting on the ledge that divides the audience from the ring, sat Eikichi. Only he wasn't alone, on each side of him there were a dozen other house-sized cats. By looks alone, one cannot tell if they were normal cats or youkai.
 
~~~ back on the tournament floor~~~
 
Yusuke felt that someone was nearly on top of him. Looking up, he saw cats. A lot of them, and in the middle of the feline horde sat Kuwabara's pet. “Aw man! Kurama, have you noticed that the kitten followed us?”
 
“As matter of fact, yes. I first noticed that he followed us as we left the hotel.” Kurama casually said while smiling as he took in the sight of cats that were engrossed in watching the fight.
 
Yusuke noticed that they were acting in unison, their heads turning at the same time as they watch as Kuwabara and Shishiwakamaru tossed each other around the ring. “Gee, I think these cats are possessed. They move their heads as one!”
 
“It's similar to a pack instincts. They act as one.” Under Hiei's headband, the Jagan eye glowed. “Hn, some are ningen cats while others are youkai. Yet, they all are interested in this one fight.”
 
“Why would a bunch of cats show this much interest in a fight?” Yusuke tilted his head back as he looked at the score of cats that kept rapt attention on Kuwabara's fight with Shishiwakamaru. “That is not normal…. Even if it is a big cat lover like Kuwabara.”
 
“Perhaps there's another element to it.” Kurama turned to face Hiei. He had a suspicion but needed it confirmed. “Hiei, can tell what type of demon this Shishiwakamaru is with your Jagan eye?”
 
Hiei smirked after a few moments. “Heh, it's no wonder they are interested. You suspected this, didn't you fox?” When Kurama only grinned, Hiei turned away. He continued to talk since Yusuke was still confused. “It seems that that Kuwabara's opponent is a bird youkai.”
 
A commotion in the front row interrupted any smart alec comments that Yusuke had. When they looked up, they saw that a few demons were attempting to make the cats move. The masked fighter jumped up to stand by Eikichi. “I strongly suggest that you leave this kitten alone. Trust me, you don't want to make Kuwabara mad.”
 
One owl-faced demon laughed as he grabbed the poor kitten. “HA! I'm not afraid of some ningen. Besides, this kitty is the perfect size for a snack!” With a gaping mouth, he moved to drop the hapless kitten down his throat.
 
“HEY! Dumb ass, you better put down that cat!” Yusuke's hollering got the attention of many in the audience and in the ring.
 
“Oh my… it seems that someone in the audience it attempting to eat a kitten!” Koto's tail bristled as she narrowed her eyes in anger. ”As much as I love the violence and gore of battle, I do NOT approve of someone eating a baby!”
 
The masked one didn't budge as she watched the demon move to swallow the kitty. “Don't say I didn't warn you.”
 
“ACK!” That was the last sound the ignorant demon made, his eyes going cross-eyed as he took in his last sight. There was something sticking in his forehead that looked like a focused beam of light. However, that couldn't be, light is not solid. The demon didn't live long enough to follow the phenomena to its source.
 
“Well, he was warned.” The Masked One smirked at the line of light that was just seven inches from her face. Following it, she looked down in the ring, there stood Kuwabara with a look of pure rage on his face. “Heh, the boy has improved his control over his power of materialization.”
 
“YES!” Punching one fist in the air, Koto smiled at the scene. “It seems that contestant Kuwabara is a cat lover. He made his reikan grow into a lance to hit that audience member that was going to eat the kitten. And without missing a beat he resumes his fight with Shishiwakamaru, Kuwabara simply shrunk his reikan back to sword length and swung, taking Shishiwakamaru by surprise and successfully knocking him off his feet! You can hear the caterwauling of approval from the feline fans!”
 
One of the cats sitting on the ledge opened its mouth to voice its support for Kuwabara. Yusuke fell backwards as the house-sized feline let loose a roar that sounded like a tiger. “Okay, I'm going to take a wild guess that that cat is a youkai.” He mumbled as he held one hand up to point at the culprit. The cat that roared smiled in a way only cats can do at the amusing human that was still flat on his back. Trust me, if you ever had a pet cat, you know what I mean.
 
The disorientation for Shishiwakamaru lasted for only a few seconds as he quickly got back on his feet. However, a disturbing sight in the audience caught his attention. Mumbling spread throughout the stadium.
 
“It seems that some of Contestant Shishiwakamaru's fan girls have changed their minds and now are now fans of contestant Kuwabara!” Balancing on her toes, Koto looked up the upper balcony.
 
THUD! “What the…” Yusuke fell back down anime style at the sight, while Hiei stumbled in shock. “This audience has been calling for our blood and somehow that baka gets some groupies?”
 
Kurama blinked a few times before grinning at the sign in the upper audience. “It seems that they prefer cats as well. However it seems that this turn of events may start a riot.”
 
Up in balcony, there some young female demons holding a sign that once bore the name of Shishiwakamaru. However, now that name has been crossed out and Kuwabara's name was boldly written over it. Written under it was the phrase of `Catch the bird!' Now there were some other demon yelling at the females for `betraying their fellow demons' and other such nonsense.
 
Everyone down in the ring had come to a stop as they looked up to the balcony. “How…” Shishiwakamaru looked on in shock as he mumbled something about loosing his fans to a ningen.
 
Kuwabara blinked as he realized that, yes those fans were indeed for him however, they were acting like the crazed groupie fan girls. “Gee, fans I don't mind, but groupies get soo crazy, it's scary!”
 
Seeing that both contestants were staring into the audience, Koto turned her attention back there as well. “It seems that there is about to be a riot in the audience! Now more than just girls are supporting Kuwabara. There are some older audience members and males up there as well. There seems to be one thing in common for the ones supporting Kuwabara… they are all cat demons.”
 
After a few listening the arguing for a few minutes, Kuwabara grabbed the microphone. “HEY! That's enough of that crap. You say they are betraying demons since they are supporting a human. Well, they would still be betraying their own kind if they supported this guy!” Kuwabara pointed at Shishiwakamaru, who stood ten feet away. “Demons are the natural enemies of humans, so they should be calling for my death, right? But cats are the natural enemies of birds. And this guy is a bird demon! From what I've seen cats prefer to eat birds. So which one should they cheer of their enemies, the human or the bird? Most likely, it comes down to if the human is a cat lover or a cat hater. Well, there's no doubt that I prefer cats and do not hate them.”
 
~~~Later ~~~
 
“I still can't believe that Kuwabara's round was declared a draw because of that riot. Not only that but it took us all afternoon to clear out the cats from our rooms.” Looking over to the window, Yusuke saw Hiei smirking. “Okay Hiei, what do you find so funny?”
 
Hiei glanced at Yusuke but otherwise did not move. “Hn, it seems that Kuwabara's new fan girls are chasing him.”
 
“WHAT!” Everyone rushed to the window to look down at the scene.
 
On the fence there were the house-cat sized nekos watching as a group of female humanoid cat demons chased Kuwabara around the courtyard. They were actually quite pretty, a better decription would be catgirls, they looked like teenage girls with cat ears and tails plus the fur. The male nekos shook their heads at the girls' behavior and agreed with Kuwabara for running away.
 
As the sunset over the island, the apparent house cats sat on a wall, the male neko demons talked about their new hero's powers. While up in the hotel window Shizuru, Botan and Keiko as have joined Yusuke, Kurama and Hiei they peered out that one window. All of them were watching the same scene: There was an enormous dust cloud down on the beach. A shirtless chibi Kuwabara was running so fast that his legs looked like pinwheels in the wind. Behind him were the fan girls clutching on various sizes of rags that was once Kuwabara's shirt.
 
Throughout the night, people were awakened to the cries of `help me!'
 
~Fini~ XD
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;……..
Author Notes=
 
For this chapter, I found inspiration from a recent story from Kazima Kuwabara….DON'T YOU LAUGH AT ME! Yes, you heard right, I found inspiration for a humor fic from Kazima, the queen of Kuwabara angst fics. In her “Under the Covers”, there is a cat demon that says “Cat demons are attracted to cat lovers” and he continues to attempt to flirt with Kuwabara. It's true that cats can tell if a person is a cat lover or a cat hater. XD That when the idea hit me for this. I originally had this acknowledgment a the beginning, but then decided to move it to the end so it wouldn't ruin the surprise of it centering on cats. lol