Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Different In Body and Mind ❯ God's Will ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho and God's Will belongs to Martina McBride

 

God's Will

 

~I met God's Will on a Halloween night. He was dressed as a bag of leaves. It hid the braces on his legs at first~

 

(Kurama and Hiei walked down the street one day and stopped at a flower shop, buying a bouquet of flowers. Both were going to a special place for special people. With one smiling fox and a happy fire Koorime both continued on their walk.)

 

~His smile was as bright as the August sun when he looked at me as he struggled down the driveway. It almost made me hurt~

 

(Walking into a building they greeted a receptionist and walked into the playing area. There they saw many children in wheelchairs or just sitting and playing with the toys that were there. But one little girl caught there attention playing a ballad on the piano.)

 

~Will don't walk too good, Will don't talk too good. He won't do the things that the other kids do in our neighborhood~

 

(Koaru didn't look up as they greeted and they didn't expect it. Instead she started playing The Rose as a hello and Kurama placed the flowers on the Piano.)

 

~I've been searchin', wonderin', thinkin'. Lost and lookin' all my life. I've been wounded, jaded, loved and hated. I've wrestled wrong and right. He was a boy without a father, and his mother's miracle. I've been readin', writin', prayin', fightin'. I guess I would be still. Yeah, that was until I knew God's Will~

 

(Kurama thought about the times before he meet this little girl who couldn't communicate to the world. He felt inferior to her, because she didn't see the dangers in the world that he saw. She was innocent and joyful, while he wasn't. He had bloodied his hands and hurt too many to want to remember.)

 

~Will's mom had to work two jobs. We'd watch him when she had to work late and we'd all laugh like I hadn't laughed since I don't know when~

 

(Both demons looked up as a woman walked in and started talking to her. Kurama could tell that the woman was Koaru's mother for their likeness in face.

 

"Who are you," asked the woman.

 

"I'm Shuichi and this is my friend Hiei," said Kurama. "We meet Koaru during a trip here from school. We wanted to see her again.")

 

~"Hey Jude" was his favorite song. At dinner, he'd ask to pray, and then he'd pray for everybody in the world, but him. ~

 

("That is so sweet of you," said the woman. "Koaru doesn't have many friends. She hardly goes out of the house."

 

"You can be sure, I'll always be a friend to her," said Kurama.

 

`Why," asked the woman. And Kurama answered . . .)

 

~I've been searchin', wonderin', thinkin'. Lost and lookin' all my life. I've been wounded, jaded, loved and hated. I've wrestled wrong and right. He was a boy without a father, and his mother's miracle. I've been readin', writin', prayin', fightin'. I guess I would be still. Yeah, that was until I knew God's Will~

 

("Thank you," said the woman with a smile. "Koaru does have that effect on people."

 

"Me more then anything else," said Kurama. "I felt that the world I was in was an illusion of the real thing. That nothing there was ever good or pure. But I met her." He placed a hand on Koaru's shoulder. The Koaru's mother smiled at him brighter.

 

"Thank you, she needs friends more then ever now," she said.

 

"Why," asked Kurama.

 

"Koaru has leukemia," said her mother. "It's untreatable.")

 

~Before they moved to California, his mother said, "They didn't think he'd live." And she said, "Each day that I have him, well, it's just another gift." And I never got to tell her, that the boy showed me the truth. In crayon red, on notebook paper he'd written, "Me and God love you"~

 

(Kurama couldn't help but be sullen as he walked out. The one person he believed to be pure was going to die soon, and there was nothing he could do. He wished there was and she would live to have children of her own and a family of her own. He stopped when he felt Hiei place a hand on his arm.

 

"Koaru gave this to me," he said and handed him a piece of folded notebook paper. Opening it up he read what was written.

 

"Me and God love you."

 

Kurama smiled and placed it in his pocket to put it in keepsake later. He placed a hand on his lover's shoulder and together they walked back home.)

 

~I've been searchin', prayin', wounded, jaded. I guess I would be still Yeah that was until . . . I met God's Will on a Halloween night. He was dressed as a bag of leaves ~

 

END