Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Driver's Test ❯ Driver's Test ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Pretty fine print, yes you are!!! Do I own anything? Just my bird and my cat, luv.

Danke.

Driving Test

Today Kurama was going to take his driving test in order to get a liscense. He wasn't as exited as his mother was to get one but it did make him somewhat eager to get to the testing place. He threw on his blue jeans, yellow shirt, and green jacket. Now he was off. As soon as he got there he found he had to stand in a line a mile long.

"You have everything?" the fat guy in front of him asked.

"Yeah." He answered.

He wasn't entirely sure if he did or not. He double checked just to make sure. But the fat guy still wanted to talk. The weather,*damn this computer!* the written test, the slow traffic, the packed subway-all of that and more Kurama listened to the fat guy blab on about.

Finally it was his turn to receive the driving test. He was glad the written part was over even though he was smart at math he didn't know a thing about the rules of the road. Some how he passed and now was going for a ride with his middle aged instructor, Ben Floyd.

Floyd: Okay, now let's get going here. Check your mirrors. Good. Fasten your seatbelt. Good. Now turn the key and start the car. Alright. Now let's see if you can back out of here.

Kurama lightly stepped on the gas and the car reved. He still was in `park'. The instructor told him that was okay and to try again. The second time Kurama got it right, only slightly embarrassed. He drove through the obstical coarse, tryint to be careful not to hit any traffic cones. He didn't succeeded but now they went onto the road…with the other drivers.

Floyd: Make a right turn after this car, Suichi.

Kurama: Okay.

He turned on his turning signal, which blinked for a left turn, and turned right without correcting it. Behind him a car honked, as it was set to turn right as well and thought he was going left.

Floyd: That's all right but be sure to pay attention to which arrow is blinking and make sure it's the same way you intend to turn.

Kurama stepped on the gas and put too much out as they were now speeding down the road. It wasn't so bad, as Kurama thought. They were only going 65 miles an hour in a 35 mph zone. He managed not to hit anyone ahead or beside him as he left the other cars behind. That was, however, as he passed. Behind him cars screeched to a halt and some little fender-benders occurred.

Floyd: Okay, Suichi, you can slow down…

Kurama: Oh, sorry.

He sweated a little and stepped on the break, stopping the car. The instructer flew to the front but was snapped back in his seat by his seat belt, no harm, no fowl. Behind him two or three cars slammed on their breaks to avoid collision.

Floyd: Might we continue driving please?

Kurama: Sure!

He seemed happy enough. They came to a yellow light and he stopped as it turned red. Kurama at least knew enough about driving to know to stop at a red light. He was a fox, not a bull.

Floyd: Uh, you're a little over the crosswalk, there, son. Why don't you back up a few inches.

Kurama: Alright.

So he put the car in reverse and backed up a few feet. No one was behind him, luckily. He wondered if all red lights took as long to turn green as this one did. About three cars lined up behind him now and he waited. Finally the light turned green and Kurama stepped on the gas and went flying backwards into the car behind him. Silly boy forgot to put the car in `drive'. His area of stupidity was growing, along with his amount of embarrassment.

Floyd: Oh that…that happens all the time. Yes all the time people are doing that….no big deal. Just put it in drive and go…quickly.

Kurama: Sorry, sorry.

The guy he ran into behind him shook a fist and called him a fat jerk. Kurama didn't think he was gaining weight. He pondered over what the man said while running a stop sign and receiving a `Sunday Driver!' shout. It was Monday, how could he be a Sunday driver? He seemed to hold all disregard for stop signs and yield signs and he didn't know what right of way was so he went as soon as he got to the corner, nearly crashing into a minivan here, a byciclist there.

Floyd: You know what an octagon is, right?

Kurama: Yes. It's an object with eight sides. Why?

Floyd: Well, son, when you come across one of those red ones you stop and look, okay? Just like you would if you were crossing the street on the sidewalk.

Kurama: Oh, okay. What does `Yield' mean?

Floyd: Oh just a suggestion…

The pale instructer got out some asprine. Finally the test was over and Ben could relax.

Kurama: How did I do?

Floyd: Oh, great. Really swell. A flamingo couldn't do much better.

Kurama: Oh, good…I think.

Floyd: Yeah, blind folded…

Kurama: What?

Floyd: Oh nothing, nothing! Now go up to Janice there, she'll give you the results. I'm going to lie down.

He dissapeared into his office and Kurama was left to wait in line to receive his results.

Fat guy: So how'd ya do?

Kurama: Huh? Fine.

Fat guy: Run over anyone?

Kurama had to think a moment. He wasn't entirely sure.

Kurama: Uh, not that I recall.

Fat guy: Oh ye'r funny!

Kurama: Uh, thanks.

Fat guy: Not that you recall…ha!

Kurama: Yes…

Finaly, again, it was his turn. His driving test ranked him as: `A danger to others'. He didn't seem surprised but somewhat displeased.

Janice: Now just lean over here and take your Eye Exam.

Kurama read the lines for her and then stood to get his picture taken.

Janice: Smile!

And that's how Kurama got his driver's liscense.

(I can't wait to get mine. It's just like bumper cars, right?) ^.^