Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Enma's Torment Theatre ❯ Sparring Lessons ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
[Rando’s] Torment Theatre
Episode Ten: Sparring Lessons
Story: First Times
Story By: Lady Love (Who requested me to mst this. I thank LL-san very much.)
MSTed by: Rose and Chrissy
Warnings: YAOI, (Kurama/Hiei, and it really is going to be a Koenma/Yuusuke eventually.)

Notes: Anyone can request a fic to be msted. If it’s not your fic, I’ll have to ask permission from the original author. Don’t be shy. I just ask that it’s a YYH fic of course. Het, Yaoi, even Yuri, I’ll take a whack at it. So to speak. And give Lady Love a round of applause for volunteering her baby for my dubious skills. Sorry this too so long to get out.

Oh, and thanks for the feedback. Rose and I love you guys for it. I’d like to reply individually to it all, but pretty much what I want to say to all of you is: You have no idea how much I appreciate having feedback for this. The first Torment, Just a Favor, was written back sometime before June, 2003. My only readers back then were Rose, DT, and my cousin Jenny. So, yeah, I’m really damned thrilled. I’m also glad that everyone likes the Yuusuke/Koenma swing. Honestly, I hadn’t planned on putting them together in the beginning. I agree with all of you, they’re very cute. ^_^


~*~

- Satellite, a week later -

Rando was sneering into the screen again. Why in the three worlds he insisted on pressing his face to the screen like that was unknown, but he seemed to be enjoying himself. Hiei probably would have insulted him about it, but early on he’d noticed that the other Youkai usually ignored him.

And that was more annoying than his yammering on endlessly about them becoming his slaves. He glared tired eyes balefully up at their captor.

“I’ve spent a week looking for the perfect fic, when a nice fan sent this to me,” the insane redheaded demon was saying.

“A fan?” Kuwabara asked.

“Of the mstings?” Kurama wanted specification. “Koenma told us they were being put online.”

Rando nodded irritably. “Yes, of course the msts! Geez. And it’s a horrible one indeed, definitely capable of turning at least two of you insane - Wait a minute. Where are Urameshi and the brat?”

“In the holocabana, again,” Kuwabara answered, sounding exasperated. “All they ever do is play in that thing.”

Kurama smirked. “I wonder what kind of ‘playing’.”

Kuwabara blushed around his ears. “Urk! Kurama!”

The redhead beamed a more innocent smile. “What?”

Rando rolled his eyes. “Those idiots! They were supposed to come out and hear my rant.”

“Well, at least you admit it’s ranting,” Hiei said. Again, Rando ignored him.

But this time it was for a reason. Just as the last word left his mouth, the two missing captives entered the room.

Or rather, they sprang into the room. Koenma was fending off an irate Yuusuke, both fighting with holographic lightsabers.

Kuwabara sighed. “They were playing Jedi Knights again.”

“Again?” Hiei asked. “How often do they play that program?”

“More than the Utena or Ragnarok,” Kuwabara answered.

“Hn.”

“And it looks like Koenma’s better,” Kurama commented, studying the two fighters. Yuusuke turned on the redhead, his brown eyes aflame.

“SHUT UP!”

Hiei stepped in between the approaching half-human and the Youko. Clearly, his eyes said, ‘Don’t even think about it, ningen.’

Koenma powered down his blue lightsaber and leaned against a wall. “My my, he is the moody one, isn’t he? Poor boy can’t take a little criticism.”

Yuusuke turned back on him again. “Koenma,” he said darkly. Everyone in the room could feel his ki raising. Much of it was being focused on the heir to the Reikai.

They were treading dangerous ground. Kurama decided to play mediator before Yuusuke blew up the satellite.

“Yuusuke?”

“What?!” the youth screamed.

“You’re acting like a madman swinging around a toy lightsaber. Calm down.”

The redhead said it in his most reasonable voice. Despite his anger, Yuusuke didn’t want to fight with Kurama too. He was just too damn nice and he knew it, that’s why he said it in such a sweet voice. It would be immensely irritating if it was anybody else. He powered his blue saber down, and it disappeared. Koenma’s did the same.

Distantly, they heard the holocabana say, “Game Over. Koenma the Great wins.”

The heir smirked appropriately. Yuusuke punched a nearby wall.

“You’re only supposed to keep your stupid games in there,” Hiei reminded them. “The rest of us live here too, you know.”

“Sorry,” Koenma apologized, though he didn’t sound sincere. His hazel eyes gleamed with delight at his victory.

Yuusuke glared at him.

“What was all that about anyway?” Kurama asked the two combatants.

“Nothing,” Yuusuke said quickly. He turned to Rando. “New fic?”

“Yes,” said the Youkai. He was looking rather interested in the little drama playing out in front of him.

“It didn’t look like nothing!” Kuwabara put in.

“When you say ‘nothing’ like that it definitely means something,” Hiei told the grease-haired teenager.

“Why were you so angry at Koenma? What’d he do, grope you or something?” Kuwabara actually snickered at that. Hiei hid a smirk, not wanting the orange-haired boy to see.

“I did not! I just said that his swordsmanship -” The Junior God, still in his adult form, as he had been for the entire week, was cut off by his Reikai Tantei.

“SHUT UP!” Yuusuke shouted again.

“Stop yelling!” Hiei barked, irritated.

“For all his bravado, he can’t use a sword,” Koenma finally said, words rushed out. Yuusuke was about to charge again when Kurama moved to stop him, grabbing hold of the youth’s shoulders.

“Stop!” the redhead told him. “It’s not worth it!”

“Sure it is!” Yuusuke grumbled. But he did back off. Glaring one last time at Koenma, he walked down the hall into the theatre.

“Yeah, he can’t. I’ve seen him play that one before,” Kuwabara commented to Koenma in a low voice, even though Yuusuke was out of the room.

Now that Yuusuke had left, Koenma seemed to deflate. He nodded solemnly. “He has some potential, but a sword just isn’t his forte.”

Hiei looked up at Kurama. The redhead smiled and nodded once. They both noticed it, how their two friends were acting around each other. This was definitely an interesting trip.

“Okay, okay. Enough with the Reality TV, get into the theatre!” Rando ordered, becoming bored.

“Whatever,” Kuwabara responded. He and his friends walked into the darkened room, joining Yuusuke who sat inside, quietly simmering.

- Theatre -

Yuusuke: [quietly simmering]
Kuwa: Rando was telling us that a fan sent this new one to him.
Koenma: A fan of the msting?
Kuwa: Yeah. We couldn’t believe it either.
Hiei: Hn. It figures that ningens out there would be enjoying our torment.
Kurama: I wonder if the author wrote it specifically for us or if she, or he, just sent it in after realizing it was bad…
Hiei: Does it matter?
Kurama: No. Just curious.
Yuusuke: [sings] Like an angel with no sense of mercy/ Rise young boy, to the heavens like a legend!
[They all hum Cruel Angel’s Thesis until the scroll starts. Yuusuke stops simmering. Why wouldn’t he? It’s Evangelion for crying out loud!]

>First Times

Yuusuke: Oh crap. I’m having flashbacks from “Beginnings”.
Kuwa: This isn’t Rose Thorne, is it? We had her last time.
Hiei: That sounds bad, idiot.
Kuwa: Urk!
Koenma: If it was her, Rando would have said.
Rando’s voice: It’s not, alright?! Get on with it!
Yuusuke: Hey, don’t mess with our pace, old man! We’ll go as slow as we want to. Right?
Koenma: Actually, speeding along might not be such a bad idea.
Yuusuke: Shut up.
Koenma: [sighs]

>PG-13

Yuusuke: Damn it! We never get a lemon.
Koenma: I’d be terribly worried if my father had given us lemons.
Yuusuke: I’m already worried. Your dad spends all day looking at fan fiction while you do all the work.
Koenma: [nods] Actually, yes… But don’t advertise that.
Hiei: These things go online, remember? He’ll read it.
Koenma: Damn it. [hangs his head] He’s going to kill me.
Hiei: Especially after he finds out about Yuusuke.
Koenma: [groans as if in pain]
Yuusuke: [blushes] Shut up!

>- Romance

Kurama: They usually are.
Koenma: It’s fan fiction. They normally have that element, unless the author is being terribly clever.
Kuwa: In a fic? Not a chance in hell.
Koenma: You might be surprised.
Kuwa: Seriously?
Koenma: Kurama?
Kurama: [nods] I could probably find something, but we don’t have a computer up here.

>- Author: Lady Love

Kurama: [sings] Luck be a lady tonight…
Koenma: [nods approvingly] Frank Sinatra.
Kurama: Thank you.
Kuwa: Isn’t that song about gambling?
Kurama: Yeah. Coming from the leader of the Rat Pack, I’m not surprised.
Yuusuke: [sings] Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars…
Kurama: [quirks an eyebrow] I’m surprised that you knew he sang that too.
Yuusuke: Saw some infomercials on TV.
Kurama: [sighs]

>Disclaimer: I don’t own Yu Yu Hakusho!!!

Yuusuke: “Xena was permanently harmed in the making of this motion picture, but she kept up her spirits.”
Kuwa: What?
Kurama: [to himself] I knew he was a Xena fan too…
Yuusuke: If you look at the end credits of every episode, starting from number eight, there are these funny disclaimers at the end.
Hiei: What’s a Xena?
Yuusuke: Damn it, Rando! Don’t you see how you’re depraving Hiei?! I could be showing him Xena right now!
Rando’s voice: One word: Persecution.
Yuusuke: Bastard.
Rando: I know.
Hiei: What is it?!
Kurama: It’s a show.
Hiei: Oh… Great. *Another* one I’ll be subjected to.
Koenma: [softly] Not if we stay here forever -
Yuusuke: [whines]
Koenma: Oh stop. I’m sure we can manage to get TV up here if we tried.
Yuusuke: Really?
Koenma: We’re *on* a satellite, after all.

>AND I NEVER WILL!!! *wails like Sailor Moon*

Yuusuke: [Rei] Shut up, you cry-baby.
Koenma: [Sailor Moon] Tuxedo Kamen-sama!
Hiei: And she runs away from the daemon instead of fighting it.
Kuwa: “Sprangs her ankle, dies of exposure.”
Kurama: [Neptune] They seem to be in trouble…
Hiei: [Uranus] What a pitiful bunch.

>GIVE ME MY HIEI PLUSHIE!!! AND KURAMA PLUSHIE!!! TOGETHER!!!!!! ,^^,

Hiei: …
Kurama: That’s rather frightening actually.
Hiei: Hn.
Kuwa: There are plushies of you two?
Yuusuke: Probably. Girls love plushies.
Koenma: It’s not frightening.
Kurama: Only because she doesn’t want one of you.
Koenma: [smirks] My, someone’s touchy today.

>Note: I have read the YYH MST’s

Yuusuke: And I understand the rules and regulations of the site, now give me the username and password so I can read the porn.
Hiei: What?
Kurama: Kardasi.com?
Yuusuke: Yup.
Kurama: And what were you there for?
Yuusuke: Uh… [fiddles with the end of his shirt]
Koenma: [Author] - And I’m reading this one right now. [evil laughter]
Kuwa: [sweat drops] You’re getting good at that.
Koenma: [smirks] I know.
Yuusuke: [Aphrodite] I’m *so* good! When I’m bad I’m better.
Hiei: What’s Kardasi.com?
Kurama: If we ever get home, I’ll tell you all about it.

>and have decided to submit my own fic for this! ^^

All: We know.
Hiei: [sarcastically] Thanks.

>‘Cuse Yuusuke/Koenma is just too cute of a pairing!

Yuusuke and Koenma: NO, WE’RE NOT!
Kurama: Actually, I think you’re quite adorable.
Both: [blush]
Hiei: [snickers]

>Koenma’s in his teenage form, otherwise this fic would be quite disgusting…

Kurama: “Tell us about it, Janet!”
Koenma: Or rather, don’t.
Yuusuke: Ew…

>I'm not THAT perverted… *evil grin*

Hiei: Yeah, right. And Yuusuke’s not a voyeur.
Yuusuke: [singing] In another dimension, with voyeuristic intention/ Well secluded, I see all…
Hiei: [smirks; I think he likes Time Warp. Doesn’t everyone? It’s my favorite, next to Wild and Untamed Thing.]
Kurama: If you two start dancing I’m going to be disturbed.
Koenma: More disturbed than usual?
Kurama: Yes.
Kuwa: I *hope* you don’t see all, Urameshi!
Yuusuke: Sure I do. Remember that eye-glass Botan gave me?
Kurama: Ever use it on Koenma?
Yuusuke: [wide eyed] No!
Kurama: Not even recently?
Yuusuke: [blushes] Of course not. I don’t even have the thing with me.
Koenma: [frowns; looks at Yuusuke suspiciously]

>You’ll be hearing more from me, Reikai Tantei! MWAHAHAHAHA!!! *disappears*

[silence]
Yuusuke: Oh shit.
Hiei: I second that.

>***

Yuusuke: Look, stars! [way too happy about this]
Hiei: Great…
Kurama: Oh, Inari.
Koenma: Thanks, author.
Yuusuke: [sings] When the last moon is cast/ Over the last star of morning… [The Last Unicorn]

>Yuusuke walked through the park, pondering about the events that had occurred the previous night.

Kurama: [Brain] Are you pondering what I’m pondering?
Yuusuke: [Pinky] Well, I think so, Brain, but pantyhose are so uncomfortable in the summertime.
Hiei: Into drag?
Yuusuke: Ye- er… Only in Rocky Horror.
Kuwa: Uh huh.

>***

Yuusuke: [singing] …Wild wing boys/ Stare at the stars fading out/ Wild wing boys/ Feel emotions for tomorrow and take off! [And if I have to tell you guys who sings this song I’ll be disappointed.]

>It was Keiko’s birthday party

Yuusuke: Shit!
Koenma: No, it’s just the fic.
Yuusuke: Oh. Good. Phew. Dodged a bullet there…
Kuwa: And Koenma probably wouldn’t get pissed off and hit you with a mallet if you forgot his birthday.
Koenma: No. I’d just calmly remind him.
Yuusuke: [blinks]
[the two exchange a glance and then look shyly away from each other. Aww…]

>and everyone had been invited, even Koenma and Botan.

Kurama: Well, of course Koenma was there if this is a -
Koenma: You don’t need to remind us, I think we remember.
Yuusuke: Remember what?
Koenma: [gives him a withering look]
Yuusuke: Oh. Right. Me/You.
Koenma: He remembers all this useless trivia crap but he can barely remember the pairing we’re reading… and the villains he’s fought against.
Yuusuke: [blushes] Well…

>The group consisting of Yuusuke, Kuwabara, Yukina, Hiei, Kurama, Koenma, Botan, a few of Keiko’s other friends from school, and of course, Keiko,

Kuwa: That’s not everyone. Where’s my sister?
Koenma: Genkai’s not there either.
Kurama: Or Hinageshi.
Yuusuke: So it’s not “everyone”.
Koenma: Right.

>were all sitting in a circle playing ‘Seven Minutes in Heaven’,

Kurama: Oh, Inari, not another one of these!
Hiei: Huh?
Kurama: This plot is terribly overdone. I’ve seen it in so many fandoms, done so many times it’s not funny anymore. Why do people keep using it?
Koenma: It’s a quick and easy way to get the characters together.
Kurama: But unoriginal! [looks like he wants to tear his hair out]
Hiei: Don’t think about the fic so much, Imp. [puts his arms around the redhead]
Kurama: [snuggles]

>a game Yuusuke had requested.

Kurama: He usually does.
Yuusuke: I do not! I have more important things to do with my time.
Kurama: In fan fics.
Yuusuke: Oh…
Hiei: Yeah, more important things to do with Ko-
Yuusuke: Shut up!

>The game was played much like ‘Spin the Bottle’, except for the modification of the rule that instead of a person just giving the chosen person a kiss, they would have to go into a closet and make out for seven minutes, no more, no less.

Koenma: In case there’s some person out there who hasn’t ever heard of the game.
Hiei: I’ve never heard of it.
Yuusuke: You still have much to learn, young Skywalker.
Hiei: [gives him a withering glance] You have a lightsaber obsession.
Kurama: Figures. Swords, Koenma, pacifiers, suck…
Yuusuke: [turns red] SHUT UP!!

>The game was very uneventful,

Koenma: With a bunch of teenagers making out in a closet? I doubt it.

>except for the fact that Yukina and Kuwabara had to sit out because Kuwabara was too chicken to go into the closet with Yukina, though he blamed it on the fact that he would cause great damage to her innocence. Obviously, Hiei had to have been relieved.

Hiei: Yes, actually.
Kurama: [sighs]
Kuwa: [is blushing]
Hiei: Don’t think about my sister like that!
Kuwa: [blushes harder] I’m not!!
Yuusuke: [sniggers] I bet he was. Why else would he be blushing so much?
Kuwa: Urameshi!
Yuusuke: Hey, that’s payback for betraying me.

>To prevent any two guys kissing each other or two girls, the rules were that the bottle had to land on the person three times until any action was taken, except if the couple was willing.

Koenma: Bet I know one couple that was willing.
Kurama: Oh, more than willing. [muffled by whatever he’s doing to Hiei’s neck. The Fire Demon managed to sit in the Youko’s lap, again. I know, old hat. But I love it.]
Kuwa: I don’t remember those being the rules…
Yuusuke: Author make them up?
Hiei: Do you really care?
Yuusuke: … No, actually.
Hiei: Then don’t ask.

>The empty sake bottle must have been cursed,

Yuusuke: Shit. You’d think we’d know better than to let Shampoo do things like that.
Kuwa: [Ryoga] Curse you, Ranma!!
Koenma: I think THEY should go into the closet together.
Kuwa: Ewww! I am NOT kissing Urameshi!
Yuusuke: He meant Ranma and Ryoga, baka.
Kurama: Already know how to translate Koenma, Yuusuke?
Yuusuke: Erk…

>for Yuusuke’s spins already had landed on Koenma twice, neither boy having gone into the dreaded closet, yet.

Kuwa: Yet.
Hiei: As in, they will soon.
Koenma: In the fic.
Hiei: No, I meant in real life.
Yuusuke: Oi…
Koenma: Ditto.

>‘Why isn’t this damned thing landing on Keiko?’

Yuusuke: I keep chucking these rocks at her and I’m missing every time…
Koenma: Maybe because she’s avoiding it.
Kuwa: That’s mean, Urameshi. Just because you’re not in love with her anymore.
Yuusuke: [sighs] It was just a riff, Kuwabara. Geez.
Hiei: At least he’s not denying the truth.
Kurama: Smitten. I think the pacifier did it.
Yuusuke: SHUT UP!!!

>Yuusuke growled mentally just as a couple came out from the closet,

Kurama: More people coming out.
Kuwa: You’re not alone, Urameshi.
Yuusuke: I came out a few msts ago, idiot.
Hiei: He admits it? I’m shocked.
Yuusuke: Yeah, whatever. Besides, does this mean you’re in the club, Kuwabara?
Kuwa: No.
Hiei: Mostly because he can’t get any of *either* gender. Too ugly.
Kuwa: SHRIMP!

>the boy looking very smug, the girl blushing, and both of them a bit ruffled. He wished that couple could have been himself and his beloved Keiko.

Kuwa: Don’t you feel like crap, Urameshi? After stringing Keiko along all these years -
Yuusuke: I have not been stringing her along!
Kurama: It’s okay, Yuusuke. You were very young when you and Keiko got together. It’s usual for relationships at a young age not to work out.
Yuusuke: Ugh… I hate you people.
Kurama: “There is no love in our love-hate relationship!”
Yuusuke: [smirks] [The quote is from my favorite Zel/Xel fic (a line Zelgadis says to Amelia, about him and Xellos) and I say it quite frequently. Props to Harukami.]

>“Your turn, Koenma-sama!” Botan squealed, grinning at him.

Kurama: Tuxedo Kamen-sama!
Koenma: I refuse to be compared to the King of Cheese, Kurama.
Kurama: [smiles innocently] I did no such thing.
Koenma: Uh huh.

>“I personally don’t see the point of this game,” he grumbled, sighing.

Koenma: I agree.
Kurama: There is no point. This plot makes for a PWP. Like, “Snape has to take Harry’s virginity or else Voldemort will,” or, “Duo finds what Heero has written on his laptop,” or, “Xellos gets caught watching Zelgadis masturbating,” or, “Gimli and Legolas sing together in Lothlorien -”
Koenma: We get the idea, O master of fan fiction.
Yuusuke: Bet he gets most of his bedroom ideas from PWPs.
Hiei: Kind of like you?
Kurama: Forget using them on Koenma, Yuusuke. Most of them require a double-jointed spine.
Hiei: Which, sadly, neither of us have.

>He quickly twirled the little bottle, then hid his face in his hands, trying desperately to will off an oncoming headache. The entire circle suddenly started to make noises and whistles of approval.

Kuwa: [mimics] Yuusuke held up a camera and grinned at Koenma, saying, “These are going to be the best Christmas cards ever!”
Yuusuke: Oi…
Koenma: You haven’t used that riff in a while.
Yuusuke: Yeah, but point is it was *mine.*
Kurama: I don't see a copyright or TM anywhere...
Hiei: Does that mean all his riffs on us are up for grabs?
Kurama: Yes. Not that we need them, considering the pacifier bit.
Yuusuke: [slumps in seat]

>Koenma looked up fearfully, eyes finding the bottle and tracing the imaginary line towards the object it had landed on, hoping it was a chair or something.

Yuusuke: That reminds me of the time the four of us got really drunk and Kurama started fucking –
Kurama: I thought we decided never to talk about that again.
Hiei: Kurama fucked a - ?
Kurama: Don’t say it.
Yuusuke: It was after you passed out.
Hiei: Oh. Sorry I missed that.
Kurama: [sighs]
Yuusuke: Here I thought demons were supposed to have some sort of high tolerance.
Kurama: [grumpily] Not against oni-killer.
[My friends and I were playing truth or dare at a birthday party one year. My cousin was dared to hump the couch.]

>He looked straight into the eyes of a shocked Yuusuke and flushed slightly.

Kurama: [Koenma] Gomen ne, Yuu-chan, let’s try that again –
Koenma: How about we don’t and say we didn’t.
Kurama: Spoil sport.

>“I believe,” Kurama stated, chuckling, “That this is the third time you two have selected each other.”

Yuusuke: What?
Kurama: We all knew it’d happen anyway.
Yuusuke: [sighs] Yeah…
Hiei: Can’t you just hear the wistful longing in his voice?
Kurama: I believe I do, Dragon.
Yuusuke: [skyward] Kill me. Just kill me.
Koenma: He’s not listening.
Yuusuke: I know.

>Yuusuke gaped at Kurama, sputtering out incoherent noises. “B-b-but… It’s only his f-first time picking me! What’s the deal, here?!”

Yuusuke: [himself] This isn’t in my contract!
Koenma: [George] You didn’t read the fine print, did you?
Yuusuke: Aw, crap…
Kurama: I'd bet this is a ploy by Enma to get you two together.
Hiei: He's probably sick of Koenma ACTING prissy, so he figured he'd help him BE one.
Koenma: You guys suck.

>Keiko sighed. “And you were the one who wanted to play this game so badly. It’s for any two people who get picked three times, not just you, Yuusuke. And since you landed on him twice, and him once, that makes three. Unless you forgot first grade math.”

Koenma: Wouldn’t surprise me, he forgets everything else.
Yuusuke: Hey!
Kuwa: [as Yuusuke] Is that any way to treat your boyfriend?
Hiei: [smirks]

>Koenma was also shocked beyond belief. He jumped up in an outrage.
>
>“He’s my employee, for crying out loud!” he yelled, eye twitching slightly.

Kurama: And you’re not supposed to have relationships with people you work with…
Hiei: [raises an eyebrow]
Kurama: Or so I hear.
Yuusuke: I wouldn’t call it working. We’re friends that happen to save the world together. He doesn’t even pay us.
Koenma: Che.
Kurama: Well, with your employer anyway. But since he doesn't pay us, I'd guess a romantic relationship would work between you two.
Hiei: With sex.
Koenma: You suck.
Hiei: No, you do. And we've already determined that you're probably talented at that. Bet Yuusuke's looking forward to it.
Yuusuke: Erk...

>“True. But we’re more of your slaves… You’re not paying us,” Hiei stated.

[everyone looks at Yuusuke]
Yuusuke: Uh… Pretend that didn’t just happen.
Kuwa: Deal.
Kurama: It’s a pretty common joke, actually.
Yuusuke: Yes, but remember: There are no coincidences.
Hiei: [innocently] What kind of slave is Yuusuke?
Kuwa: Concubine?
Hiei: [raises an eyebrow] Do you know the definition of that?
Kuwa: SHRIMP!!
Yuusuke: [relieved that Hiei defused his own comment]

>Kurama smiled smugly. “And if I remember right, Egyptian slaves and their masters usually had affairs.”

Hiei: [smirks] The irony…
Yuusuke: Meh?
Koenma: We are NOT having an affair!
Kurama: My, someone’s touchy today. [smirks]
Koenma: [glares]
Hiei: Gives a whole new meaning to the Master-Apprentice relationship.
Kurama: [chuckles] No, not new. You can find those fics anywhere, really.
Hiei: [stares]

>Yuusuke and Koenma looked at each other, then looked at the closet, then back at their so-called, ‘friends’.

Kuwa: Hey, we may tease them mercilessly, but we’ll always stick by them in a fight.
Hiei: Unless I happen to be on the other side in the fight…
Kuwa: [sweat drops]
Kurama: Don't scare the ningens, Dragon. We still have use for them.
[Kuwabara stares at Kurama uneasily]

>Kurama and Kuwabara got up and shoved Koenma and Yuusuke into the closet and slammed the door behind them, leaning on it so they couldn’t get out.

Yuusuke: Of course, there was no struggling involved.
Koenma: Nope.
Kuwa: Maybe you were in shock.
Yuusuke: No, it’s just the fic. Stop trying to make sense out of it. Everyone.
Kurama: I wasn’t this time.
Yuusuke: ‘Course not; you were sucking on Hiei’s ear.
Kurama: Neck.
Yuusuke: I couldn’t see well from here!
Kurama: But you want to, don’t you?
Yuusuke: [sighs] Go make out with your boyfriend.
Kurama: While you make out with yours?
Yuusuke: [slouches]

>Yuusuke grumbled. “We’re not Egyptian, morons. We’re Japanese.”

Yuusuke: [sings] Walk like an Egyptian…
Kurama: [sings] I'm turning Japanese/ I think I'm turning Japanese/ I really think so…

>“Actually, I'm not Japanese,” Koenma stated.

Kuwa: What is he then?
Yuusuke: Could be like Trowa Barton. We don’t know what the fuck he is.
Kuwa: Or who.
Yuusuke: [snickers]
Kurama: Triton Bloom.
Yuusuke: Eh?
Kurama: That’s his real name.
Kuwa: Koenma’s?
Kurama: No, Trowa’s!
Yuusuke: He sticks with Trowa though.
Kurama: Because Quatre told him to.
Koenma: [grumbling] I’m not born of the Ningenkai, so I don’t have a nationality…
Hiei: We'll just say he's a git, then.
Koenma: Oi...

>“Whatever!” Yuusuke crossed his arms and just sat on the closet floor.

Kurama: And meditated.
Yuusuke: Wrong fic.
Koenma: Wrong *fandom*.

>“Well?”

Yuusuke: Well what?
Hiei: [Koenma] Give me some sugar, baby.
Koenma: [Ash] Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Yuusuke: You’ve seen Army of Darkness!
Koenma: [shrugs] I don’t spend *all* of my time stamping papers.
Kurama: [hums "It's Just Love"]
Yuusuke: You suck.
Hiei: No, Koenma does. And I'd bet you'd love to have him hum that while he does.
Yuusuke: ERK!

>“’Well’ what, you little toddler?!” Yuusuke was getting angrier by the second.

Yuusuke: Irk…
Hiei: Quit doing that, ningen.
Yuusuke: I don’t mean to.
Koenma: If I’m not in my toddler form, is it still right to use that as an insult?
Yuusuke: And if a tree falls on a bear in the woods…
Hiei: Did it specify that you were in your adult form?
Koenma: Don't remember. Doesn't matter.
Hiei: Well, if it didn't...
Yuusuke: Shut up!

>“Aren’t you going to do anything?!” he yelled.

Kurama: Yeah, just wait for it…
Koenma: [sighs]
Hiei: [Palpatine] It is inevitable.
Yuusuke: … I still think it’s really creepy when you start quoting dark lords.
Hiei: [smirks; Darth Maul] At last, we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.
Yuusuke: [shudders]
[We think Hiei would do a killer Darth Maul impression.]

>“Why? You want me to? I'm not gay, Koenma. I like Keiko,” Yuusuke stated, rolling his eyes even though it couldn’t be seen within the darkness.

Yuusuke: [to his fic self] It’s called Bisexual, you idiot.
Kurama: [claps] And the coming-out process is in full swing.
Yuusuke: Fuck you.
Hiei: [growls]
Yuusuke: Not literally!

>Koenma blushed at his screw-up. “I-I didn’t m-mean it like th-that…”

Koenma: … I’m just paying attention to the word “screw”.
Yuusuke: Never mind your sudden stuttering problem.
Hiei: Just goes to show you the effect you have on him, Yuusuke.
Kurama: Well, we all know WHY he's concentrating on that word. Getting ideas, Koenma?
[neither of them respond]

>Yuusuke stood up and grumbling something about ‘stupid, dark closets’, quickly found and pulled a string that turned on the single light bulb in the tiny space.

Yuusuke: [Anakin] But I thought space was supposed to be really big.
Kurama: [Obi-Wan] Qui-Gon lied to you. It’s an old senile Jedi thing. You won’t ever understand because you’ll be a Sith in another two movies.
Yuusuke: [Ani] Yippee!
Kurama: [Obi] I can’t wait until I die, because I’m going to find my master and beat the crap out of him for this…
Koenma: That’s true. Qui-Gon really did ruin his life, binding his fate to Anakin’s like that.
Kurama: Meh. He never got over that ‘hero-worship’. He would never hold anything against Qui-Gon for long.
Yuusuke: That’s not hero-worship. That’s sexual tension. [grins]
Kuwa: I still don't forgive you!
Yuusuke: You never finished reading the chronology, did you?
Kuwa: ... No...
Yuusuke: You're just mad because there's no internet here, aren't you?
Kuwa: ... Yes...
Yuusuke: Good. Misery loves company, and I want my damned film collection!

>Noticing Koenma’s red face and wide eyes, he raised an eyebrow.

Hiei: You can start breathing now.
Kurama: No he can't. He'd choke on it.
Kuwa: I don't want to know...
Yuusuke: You people... [almost says "suck", but stops in time] bite.
Hiei: [to Kurama, conversationally] D'ya figure Koenma's a biter?
Kurama: Nope. Yuusuke seems more the type. Bet he's a scratcher, too.

>“Not so high-and-mighty now, are you?” he said, laughing.

>“It’s… IT’S NOT FUNNY, YUUSUKE!” Koenma yelled, bonking Yuusuke on the head.

Yuusuke: Ow.
Kurama: There are those caps again…
Hiei: [innocently] Which head?
Yuusuke: Erk... I take it back. You acting innocent is scarier...

>Yuusuke cursed under his breath and rubbed the spot where Koenma had whacked him. “You ARE like a slave-driver…”

Koenma: Ah. Cue rehash of the bad joke.
Kurama: And that line doesn’t really fit there anyway.
Koenma: Quit that.
Kurama: You know I can’t help it.
Hiei: [leers] You can't help a lot of things, Fox.
Kurama: [nuzzles him]

>They both blushed and looked away as they remembered Kurama’s comment.

Koenma: Bingo.
Hiei: Didn't the author say she wrote this for us to MST?
Kuwa: Yeah...
Hiei: Looks like she noticed the Yuusuke/Koenma thing, too.
Kurama: It *is* rather obvious...
Yuusuke: [slouches more]
Hiei: Look, they're playing footsie again.
Yuusuke: Screw off. I'm not moving.

>“You know… We’re damned either way,” the demi-god stated.

Hiei: [raises eyebrow] Irony, again...
Yuusuke: Wait a sec… Didn’t I say something along those lines a few msts ago?
Koenma: “Damned if we do, damned if we don’t”? Yeah.
Yuusuke: Thought so.

>“What do you mean?”

>“If we go out of here looking like we did nothing, we’re screwed. If we DO do something, we’re screwed.”

Yuusuke: Either way, we’re gettin’ some.
Koenma: Not from me!
Yuusuke: [blushes] It was just a riff…
Kurama: [normal tone to Hiei] I find it cute how they take turns playing hard to get.
Hiei: [nods solemnly] I find it annoying. They could already be having sex. Humans waste a lot of time for having such short life-spans.
Kuwa: They're not human, though.

>“Damn it.”

Everyone: Janet.

>“Exactly.”
>There remained an awkward silence between the two until Yuusuke sighed.

Hiei: You do that quite frequently as of late.
Yuusuke: Frustration.
Hiei: Then sleep with him.
Yuusuke: Not *that* kind of frustration…
Hiei: Uh huh.
Koenma: Do I not get say in this?
Kurama: Why, is yours sexual?
Koenma: [sighs]
Hiei: I can see why Yuusuke did this. It's amusing.
Yuusuke: [groans]

>“Maybe we should just get this over with…”

Kurama: [sarcastic] How romantic, Yuusuke.
Kuwa: Keiko’s always complaining how he’s not, you know, romantic.
Yuusuke: Look, what do you expect from me? Tuxedo Mask? Seiya? Haruka? This isn’t a shoujo romance, people.
Koenma: We don’t have enough rose petals.
Kurama: I could fix that.
Koenma: No.
Hiei: You’ll only make Yuusuke go off on some Clamp tangent.
Yuusuke: Don't diss the Clamp!
Hiei: In any case, I bet Koenma can get some romance into you. Especially with his not-so-secret talent.
Yuusuke: I hate you.

>Koenma stared at him like he was crazy.

Everyone except Yuusuke: He is.
Yuusuke: [snorts] Took you long enough to figure it out.
Hiei: Not really. I knew the moment you broke up the meeting between Kurama, Gouki, and I in the forest. Only someone idiotic or insane would do that.
Yuusuke: So I'm not an idiot? Thanks.
Hiei: ...Or both.
Yuusuke: [sighs]
Kuwa: Sexual frustration.
Yuusuke: Shut up!

>“What?!”

>“Like you said, we’re damned either way, so we might as well just do something while we’re in here.”

Koenma: Just get it over with so we can get out of here.
Yuusuke: Yeah, the toddler needs his nap.
Koenma: [eyes gleaming] And what would you know about my naps, Yuusuke?
Yuusuke: [blushes because of the way the godling said his name] Uh…
Koenma: Spying on me?
Hiei: Okay, not to interrupt or anything, but that’s definitely flirting.
Kurama: [nods]
Koenma: [smirks] Damned if we do…
Hiei: Che.
Koenma: I just don’t particularly care at the moment.
Kurama: Warming up to the idea? Good. That makes things much easier.
Yuusuke: [whines] Everybody's against meeeee!

>Koenma wanted to add on to that comment, but had nothing to say. No insults, no sarcasm, nothing.

Yuusuke: All dried up... [realizes too late what he just said] Fuck...
Kurama: -Koenma? I'm sure he'd like that.
Hiei: [at the same time] I'm sure Koenma's skills can fix that for you.
Yuusuke: [buries his face in his hands] I hate you.
Kurama: It's for your own good.
Hiei: Besides, you did it to us.
Koenma: [ignores them]

>“Eh, who would want to kiss YOU anyway?” Yuusuke teased, laughing, “You probably not even a good kisser!”

Kurama: I'm sure Yuusuke will find out later, ne?
Yuusuke: [glares]
Hiei: He's even better at other things, but I'm sure he'll give really dark hickeys first.

>Koenma glared at the hysterical boy, shaking, before he grabbed Yuusuke by the shoulders and pulled him down to meet his lips.

Hiei and Kurama: [make loud kissing noises]
Kuwa: Erk!!
Yuusuke: [turns red]
Kurama: Imagination getting the best of you?
Hiei: It never does say WHAT met Koenma's lips... After all, in his adult form, he’s taller than Yuusuke.
Yuusuke: He’s taller than you *too*, Hiei.
Hiei: [glares]
Kurama: Hiei's height has it's... advantages...
Hiei: [shifts]
Kuwa: He's like waist-high to you... Erk!
[We had a small discussion about this - I noticed in the show that Hiei actually comes to Kurama’s shoulder, but Rose reminded me that in the movie, Hiei is really short. So we’re going by the movie.]

>Yuusuke froze in complete shock, his eyes wide as the other teen kissed him relentlessly.

Koenma: Other teen? I haven't *been* a teenager since... Well... It was a long time ago!
Kurama: You look like a teenager.
Koenma: Oh... right.
Hiei: Of course, you look like an infant most of the time. Hence the pacifier...
Koenma: [sighs]

>Koenma pulled back, slightly panting, cheeks red, and still glaring at the black-haired boy. Yuusuke could only blink at the glare he was receiving.

>“Ready to take back what you said?!”

Yuusuke: [himself] Never! You'll never take me alive!
Hiei: [smirks] He could take you when you're dead, you know...
Yuusuke: Ewwww...
Kurama: [as Yuusuke] Give me another kiss so I can have more information to decide off of.
Hiei: And it bugs me that Koenma just gives Yuusuke what is, apparently, a mind-blowing kiss and all he can think about it the idiot's insult.
Koenma: I certainly wouldn't be thinking at all if I'd done that.
Hiei: You don't have to, not for that.
Yuusuke: Dig it deeper, Koenma.

>Yuusuke just nodded, still too shocked to speak.

>“Good. Moron. I'm 500 years old and you think I haven’t kissed, yet?!”

Koenma: Um... I'm older than 500.
Hiei: With experience?
Koenma: [blushes] That's none of your business!
Hiei: I'm sure Yuusuke would like to know.
Yuusuke: I don't particularly care.
Kurama: You love him anyway, right?
Yuusuke: [blushes] Uh...
Kuwa: Yup.
Hiei: [snickers]
Yuusuke: Shut up!
Kurama: Your protest is getting a little weak there...
Yuusuke: Could be because I'm tired.
Hiei: [leers] Not getting much sleep?
Kuwa: No, he plays that game all night with Koenma - Erk!
Hiei: [smirks]

>“Th… That’s not what I thought at all… I was… Just shooting my mouth off…”

>“Exactly. Don’t do it again.”

Hiei: [snickers loudly]
Kurama: Yes, he wants your mouth fully intact, Yuusuke.
Yuusuke: [reads the "shooting my mouth off" part again and his get wide] Um, ow.
Koenma: [mildly] Mental images are horrible sometimes.
Yuusuke: [nods weakly]
Hiei: Oh, so you got mental images? [grins]
Yuusuke: And not at all like the kind you're thinking of...
Hiei: [smirks] I'm sure.
Yuusuke: Ugh…

>“Yes, master,” Yuusuke retorted sarcastically, gaining some of his dignity back.

>They both blushed at the ‘master, slave’ comment again.

Hiei: At which Yuusuke immediately lost his dignity once again.
Yuusuke: ...You don't mean kissing, do you...?
Hiei: [grins] Nope.
Kurama: And I really don't like BDSM fics... Can't stand them.
Hiei: I think you've said that before.

>The door was opened to reveal a smug-looking Kurama and Kuwabara. But the looks on their faces immediately faded from sight once they realized that Koenma and Yuusuke were on opposite sides of the closet, the light turned on. Surely they hadn’t done anything…

Kurama: You'd be surprised.
Hiei: We wouldn't be, of course.
Kurama: Of course we wouldn't be.
Yuusuke: Yeah, but I bet you're not a couple in this fic.
Kurama: [glares] Humph.
Hiei: [shrug] We are outside of it, and that's what matters.
Yuusuke: [scowls]
Kuwa: Yeah, it's more centered on you and Koenma.
Kurama: I detect disappointment.
Kuwa: Me? About what?
Hiei: He means Yuusuke, moron.
Kuwa: Oh...

>They both stepped out, nobody noticing the slightly flushed looks on their faces.

Yuusuke: Except for Kurama and Hiei.
Kuwa: Who laughed.
Yuusuke: Kind of like they did when you were "fighting" with Byakko?
Kurama: [stares at Yuusuke] You're into *furries*, too?
Yuusuke: [rolls eyes] No, but Hiei is, Fox-boy.
Hiei: [smirks] You have no idea...
Kurama: [blushes]
Koenma: [confused] What's a furry?
Kuwa: Yeah, I'm kinda wondering about that, too...
Hiei: [falls over laughing] He doesn't know...
Kuwa: Because I'm not a perv. You probably should be *happy* about that...
Hiei: Is he referring to Yukina?
Yuusuke: Probably.
Hiei: Hn.
Kuwa: [smiles]

>“Umm… Botan,” Koenma called, “Let’s go. Goodbye, everyone and happy birthday, Keiko.”

Kurama: That last sentence could be broken up...
Koenma: There he goes again!
Hiei: Awww... Leaving so soon? Yuusuke hasn't had a chance to appreciate your sucking skills...
Yuusuke: Shut up!!
Hiei: [smirks] Make me.
Yuusuke: Uh... [blushes]
Kurama: [snickers] Well done.
Hiei: [shakes head] He's got Hentai on his mind. Bet he's thinking of ways to shut Koenma up.
Koenma: Doubt it. They'd probably make me loud.
Yuusuke: [blushes] Traitor!
Koenma: Does "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" ring a bell?
Yuusuke: [glares at him]
Koenma: [grins] And you're so cute when you're angry...
Hiei: This is better than Phantasm.
All: [shock]
Kurama: Better than Re-Animator?
Hiei: Yeah.
Yuusuke: Blasphemy!
Hiei: You probably had the same reaction when Kurama and I joined in.
Yuusuke: But I never blasphemed!
Hiei: Thinking is the same as saying, Yuusuke. Besides, you didn't see the look on your face.
Kurama: It was "Damn, I'm not going to be able to pretend much longer..."
Yuusuke: Erk...
Hiei: Best horror movie face ever.
Koenma: And *very* cute...
Yuusuke: [slides down in seat]
Koenma: Ooh! That tickles...
Hiei: [starts laughing]
Yuusuke: [sits up quickly, flushing]
Koenma: Oh, don't stop...
Kurama: [joins Hiei laughing]
Yuusuke: Quit it.
Koenma: [innocently] Quit what, honey?
Hiei and Kurama: [laugh harder]
Yuusuke: Ugh.
Kuwa: [shakes his head] Sad. You still won't admit it, Urameshi. That's kinda cowardly.
Yuusuke: Sod off.
Giaki's voice: No, the sod's right here...
Rando's voice: SHUT UP!!
Hiei: [falls out of seat, laughing]
Kurama: Oh, my ribs...! [trying to catch his breath]
Hiei: Ow... [trying to stop laughing, but every time he looks at Yuusuke or Koenma, he starts again]

>Botan scrambled up and followed Koenma out the door. Yuusuke sighed.

>“I have to be getting home, too. Bye, Keiko. Everyone.”

Hiei: [laughs more]
Yuusuke: [grouses] Your lover's gonna suffocate, Kurama.
Kuwa: They basically left together...
Kurama: [calms himself down] Right. [picks the fire demon up off the floor and kisses his nose] Calm, dear heart.
Hiei: [laughs into Kurama's chest for a few seconds, then subsides]

>And he too, walked out the door.

Kuwa: See? Told you. They left together.
Hiei: [begins giggling again]
Yuusuke: [stares] That's more disturbing than him acting innocent...
Hiei: [laughs harder]
Kurama: [kisses Hiei's cheek and holds him close] I don't think so...
Hiei: [gasps for breath, then turns his cheek against Kurama's chest, eyes half closed]
Kurama: [smiles warmly and runs a hand through his hair]

>***

>But now, he was walking through the park at night, hands shoved in his pockets. What the heck possessed Koenma to kiss him?

Koenma: The devil.
Yuusuke: No, in Exorcist 2 we find out it was some other demon... Can't remember the name right now.
Hiei: [tiredly] Lust.
Koenma: ... That just reminds me of the ending of Exorcist 2, actually.
Yuusuke: Oh, when the priest jumps into bed with what's-her-name?
Koenma: Right.
Hiei: Koenma's a priest and Yuusuke's a girl?
Kurama: [laughs into Hiei's shoulder]
Hiei: [smiles, too tired to laugh]
Yuusuke: We're talking about a movie, Hiei. I haven't gotten to show it to you yet.
Hiei: [yawns and doesn't care]
Kurama: So cute... [kisses his neck]
Hiei: [snuggles against him]
Yuusuke: Did you keep him up all night again?
Kurama: No. He's exhausted himself laughing.
Hiei: [mumbles] Baka ningen...

>Was it just to prove he could do it? ‘Well,’ he had to admit, ‘he was pretty good… NO! I am NOT thinking about my boss like that! AGH! You can’t deny it… You like the guy… Ugh…

Koenma: Disturbingly enough, that sounds a bit like him.
Yuusuke: Shut up.
Kurama: Cliché denial scene. How boring.
Yuusuke: [peevishly] You won't be getting any tonight, anyway.
Kurama: I don't care. Seeing Hiei laugh like that was wonderful. [kisses Hiei's forehead]
Hiei: [snuggles closer]
Kuwa: That's disturbingly... cute.
Kurama: [nods] I know.
Kuwa: I meant the fact that you're happy just seeing him happy.
Yuusuke: Sappy romantic cliché, blah, blah.
Kurama: Don't worry, Yuusuke, I'm sure it'll happen to you too, soon.
Yuusuke: Che'...

>This is torture. He’d just tease me beyond belief if-- No, WHEN he finds out. Kami-sama…’

Yuusuke: What do you mean "when"?
Kurama: No, it's "WHEN"...
Yuusuke: Shut up.
Koenma: Hey, I'm not stupid. I'd figure it out.
Kuwa: He already has. You might as well stop acting.
Yuusuke: I - I am not acting.
Kurama: Sure.
Hiei: [yawns] He's lying.
Kurama: [chuckles and kisses his forehead] We know. Go back to sleep.
Hiei: Mmm...

>What he didn’t know was that Koenma was not too far away from him, instead of being in Reikai working on papers for Reikai ordeals.

Kurama: Oh, look. He's waiting to pick Yuusuke up!
Yuusuke: [indignantly] I am not a whore!
Koenma: Of course you're not, dear. [mock-glares at Kurama]
Hiei: [smiles tiredly] Not after you get done with him.
Kurama: Sleep, dear...
Hiei: The sod prolly has something planned if I do... And I am asleep.
Kurama: Shh...
Yuusuke: Is it over yet?
Koenma: Soon, Yuu-chan. [smiles]
Kurama: [coos at Hiei] Poor dear, Yuusuke's whining is keeping you awake.
Hiei: Hells, if I'm not used to it by now, I'm screwed...
Yuusuke: You were screwed a long time ago, Hiei.
Hiei: [smirks] I know. It was nice.
Kurama: [giggles]
Kuwa: Pervs.
Koenma: And very proud of it.
Hiei: Yup.

>He knew they were probably piling up, but he didn’t care. They could be as tall as Tokyo Tower for all he cared. Ningenkai was far more relaxing at the moment.

Koenma: Relaxing because Yuu-chan was near...
Yuusuke: [sighs]
Hiei: Mmm... He liked that.
Yuusuke: Erk! No I did not!
Kurama: [kisses Hiei] Liar.
Hiei: You can only pretend for so long...
Koenma: Remember, Yuusuke, damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Yuusuke: [sulks]
Koenma: [serious] It's okay, you know.
Yuusuke: [blinks wide eyes at him]
Hiei: Can we hurry?
Kuwa: Yeah, I'm hungry...
Kurama: I want to get Hiei to bed.

>He too, was thinking about Keiko’s party and the whole thing between him and Yuusuke. Of course, his thoughts were a bit different…

Yuusuke: Hiei, Kurama. AND Koenma. Don't say it.
Koenma: [bats eyelashes] Why not, Yuu-chan?
Yuusuke: [glares] Just don't. Besides, Kurama wants to get Hiei to bed right? It's faster if you don't say it.
Kurama: Actually, if you'd just let us say it, it would have been a lot faster than you explaining -
Yuusuke: Alright! Just drop it.
Hiei: [yawns cutely] Fic Koenma wants sex with Fic Yuusuke. Bet he's seme.
Yuusuke: [blushes and glares]
Koenma: Definitely seme.
Kurama: Yuusuke *does* seem to be the uke type.
Hiei: [lopsided grin] He likes stimulation of the prostate.
Yuusuke: [is trying to die of embarrassment - it's not working]
Kuwa: As... weird as that is, it looks like Hiei's right...
Hiei: [looks at Yuusuke cross-eyed] It feels good. REAL good.
Yuusuke: [tries to hide himself beneath his seat - it's not working either]
Kurama: Let's continue. Hiei's melting.
Hiei: Like ice cream?
Kurama: [caresses his back, massage-like] Yes, Dragon.
Hiei: [moans softly] Good...
Koenma: Is that a turned-on moan, or an exhausted moan?
Hiei: None of your business, Junior.
Kurama: [kisses Hiei gently] Shush. You're exhausted.

>‘Why didn’t he respond? I guess he WAS a bit shocked… And why in the three worlds did I kiss him like that?! ACK! This is so confusing! One second, I like him, the next…’

Yuusuke: [Koenma] I wanna kill him!
Kurama: [giggles] Sounds like a Harry/Snape fic.
Yuusuke: Erk!
Kuwa: ... Or Harry/Draco.
Hiei: [stares] You're admitting you read yaoi, now?
Kuwa: Well, Star Wars overload, and I stumbled across this Harry Potter site...
Yuusuke: [smirks at him] Oh, this is too good.
Kuwa: Shut up, Urameshi!
Koenma: You people disturb me.
Yuusuke: We know.
Hiei: You wouldn't be in love with Yuusuke if that didn't attract you in some way.
Koenma: [nods enthusiastically] Of course.
Yuusuke: [groans]

>“This is stupid…” He got up, but before he could even think of returning to Reikai, he stood face to face with the raven-haired boy he was currently thinking about.

Koenma: We all knew that was going to happen, right?
Yuusuke: No shit.
Hiei: Yuusuke gets to find out 'bout Koenma's sucking skills.
Yuusuke: Oi…
Kurama: [pets Hiei] You know you want to, Yuusuke.
Hiei: [leans into his touch]
Yuusuke: [grumbles] I can't believe this is happening to me...
Koenma: That you're falling in love with me? I hardly believe it either, truthfully.
Yuusuke: Shut up, git.
Kuwa: You're admitting that you *want* him to, Koenma?
Koenma: [rolls his eyes] It would seem that apathy has taken away my inhibitions.

>Yuusuke blinked. “Koenma?! What are you doing here?!” ‘Typical. The exact person you’re thinking about just so happens to be in the EXACT same place the other person is…’

Koenma: Especially when we're trapped on a satellite together.
Yuusuke: [grumbling]
Kurama: [Koenma] I'm here to take you away from all this, my Yuu-chan...
Hiei: [Yuusuke] I love you, Ko-chan.
Yuusuke: Oi!
Koenma: I'd much prefer if he said that himself.
Hiei: [smirks] Sorry.
Kuwa: [snickers] Urameshi has to take what he dished out.
Yuusuke: [grumbles some more]
Kurama: [giggles into the back of his hand] Take it like a man, Yuusuke.
Hiei: [groggily] He will, eventually.
Kurama: [giggles more]
Hiei: [little smile] And he'll like it, too...
Yuusuke: Shut. Up.
Hiei: [yawns cutely and lets his head fall against Kurama's chest] The truth is the truth is the truth...
Kurama: Kawaii... [kisses the top of his head]

>“N-nothing…” Koenma’s heart was pounding wildly in his chest. ‘I think I could stare into those beautiful eyes forever… SNAP OUT OF IT, DAMN IT!!!’ “I'm… I'm just bored of all of the work… That’s all…” he managed to squeak out.

Koenma: [sneers] That's so *not* me... I mean, squeaking of all things.
Kurama: It's him, alright...
Hiei: Yup...
Kuwa: Look! He's bored too!
Yuusuke: Huh?
Kuwa: Well, Hiei's been bored in two fics, right? So now Koenma is, too.
Yuusuke: [Koenma] You're bored, I'm bored...
Kurama: [remembers and starts laughing]
Hiei: Ew... Pedophilia...
Kurama: [laughs harder]

>“You? Bored of signing and stamping papers? I don’t believe it!” And with that, he let out a loud laugh.

>Koenma went into his ‘super-pissy’ mode.

Koenma: Super what?!
Hiei: [mildly curious] Is he throwing a temper tantrum again?
Kurama: Yes, I suppose that's what it is.
Koenma: [grumbling]
Yuusuke: [smirks]
Hiei: We'll get back to you in a bit...
Yuusuke: Damn...
Kuwa: No escape.

>“I'm just like you, Yuusuke! I have emotions just like you do and I can get bored, too!”

>Yuusuke abruptly stopped his laughter.

Yuusuke: Then abruptly started choking and died minutes later.
Koenma: [smiles] Doesn't the quote go something like, "Even in death, I'll always be with you."
Yuusuke: Erk!
Hiei: It's more fun now that Koenma's egging it on...
Kuwa: I believe I said, "No escape," Urameshi.
Yuusuke: Bite me.
Koenma: I doubt he would. [takes his pacifier out of his mouth and leers]
Yuusuke: [eyes widen] ERK!
Hiei: Imagination running wild, Yuusuke?
Yuusuke: [is trying not to look at Koenma]
Hiei: [grins tiredly] Ninmu kanryou...
Kurama: [smiles fondly] Indeed.
Hiei: [eyes drift shut] Mmmm...

>“So you were bored when you kissed me?” he blurted out before he could stop himself.

>Koenma flinched.

Koenma: On the contrary, I'd be anything but bored!
Yuusuke: [buries face in hands]
Kurama: He still has his pacifier out.
Kuwa: [snickers]
Koenma: [holding it nimbly in his hand] Your eyes *are* quite intoxicating, Yuu-chan.
Yuusuke: [muffled groan]
Kuwa: That's rather... disturbing...
Koenma: Not that I can actually see them at the moment. [tries to pry Yuusuke's hands away from his face]
Yuusuke: [hits him]
Koenma: [looks hurt] Yuusuke...

>“You know that’s not it at all, Yuusuke! I… Umm…” He looked down in nervousness.

>“You what? You wanted to just make me believe that you liked me for your own little twisted pleasure?!” Yuusuke couldn’t believe what was coming out of his mouth. This wasn’t what he had meant to say!

Koenma: That's *not* true. [angry]
Kurama: [looks at Yuusuke, who says nothing, and whispers so Koenma can't hear] You feel that way, don't you?
Yuusuke: [looks like he's still not going to answer when he gives a small nod]
Kurama: [nods thoughtfully]
Hiei: [whispers] Remember what you told me, Yuusuke...
Yuusuke: [gives another sulky nod, biting his lip]
Hiei: [still whispering] It applies here, too.
Yuusuke: ...Really?
Hiei: [nods] You give good advice, Yuusuke. Just follow it yourself.

>Koenma’s eyes filled with pain.

>“Stop it, Yuusuke! I like you, okay?! That’s why I kissed you! You happy, now?!”

Koenma: [softly] I wish we could do this any place else other than here... I mean, at least Hiei and Kurama had some privacy.
Hiei: Hardly. He was there to cheer on our first kiss.
Kurama: Watching us like a hawk, he was.
Kuwa: Yeah, he was.
Yuusuke: [manages a smile] God, that seems ages ago.
Hiei: [smiles slightly, then yawns again]
Koenma: I... really do like you, Yuusuke.
Yuusuke: [blushes deeply] I... [he trails off]
Koenma: [tentatively reaches over to touch his cheek]
Yuusuke: [flinches away slightly]
Kurama: If you move too fast, you'll scare him away, Koenma.
Hiei: [blinks at him] Were you afraid that'd happen with me?
Kurama: [nods and hugs him close]
Koenma: [nods silently and pulls away from Yuusuke]
Yuusuke: [sighs, but not in relief]

>Yuusuke stared at him in shock. He had never seen Koenma look so hurt or rejected in his entire life.

>“Just leave me alone, Yuusuke…”

Yuusuke: [flinches]
Kurama: Yuusuke hasn't known him his entire life, so that shouldn't be there.
Koenma: You really can't help yourself, can you?
Kurama: Sorry.
Hiei: [looks worried]
Kurama: [whispers in his ear] We can only prod at them for so long... No matter how much we want to help them.
Hiei: [whispers back] I know, but if things botch...
Kurama: [nods] ...Yuusuke’s dumb luck might not save him this time.
Hiei: That's what worries me...

>He turned to walk off, but someone had grabbed his wrist.

>“Koenma. Don’t go.”

>“Why? You’re just gonna make fun of me like you always do…”

Yuusuke: [flinches again] Not always...
Koenma: [smiles, then turns serious again] Yuusuke... I didn't mean to tease you.
Hiei: [softly] It was flirting, like I said.
Kurama: Shh.
Yuusuke: [nods, speaks softly] I know.
Koenma: [stares at him nervously, having no idea how to reply]
Kuwa: [content with watching the drama]

>Yuusuke chuckled.

>“See?” Koenma stated, glaring hurtfully at Yuusuke.

>“I'm not laughing at you. That’s exactly what I thought before I ran into you.”

Kurama: In a stereotypical way, that's sort of cute.
Yuusuke: Not really...
Koenma: [hesitantly puts his hand over Yuusuke's]
Yuusuke: [lets him]
Koenma: [smiles brightly]
Yuusuke: [blushes]
Kurama: [grins at Hiei] Hardly as cute as the real thing, however.
Hiei: [smiles slightly and nods]

>Koenma looked at him skeptically.

>“You’re just pulling my leg…”

Hiei: [tries not to laugh]
Kuwa: What's funny?
Hiei: [muffled] Pulling his leg...
Kurama: [grins] Which one?
Yuusuke: [blushes again]
Koenma: [smiles] I don't know. Left or right, Yuusuke?
Yuusuke: [grins bashfully] ... Left. [the one that's closet to him]
Koenma: [grins at him]

>“No! I'm serious! I…” Yuusuke blushed and looked down, “like you, too…”

Yuusuke: [blushes, yet again]
Hiei: Was I *that* bad??
Kurama: I thought you were adorable.
Hiei: [snuggles closer] But I was that embarrassed?
Kurama: [tenderly] Yes. But so was I.
Hiei: But you didn't act like... a prude.
Kurama: [kisses his cheek] It's not easy having an audience.
Hiei: [settles against him]

>They both looked up at the same time to gaze into each other’s eyes; dark brown into chocolate.

Koenma: Chocolate?
Hiei: [blinks] Where?
Kurama: The fic, dear Dragon.
Hiei: [nuzzles Kurama's chest] Hn.
Koenma: My eyes are hazel; I don't see how they're chocolate...
Yuusuke: Yeah...

>The space between the two teens narrowed dangerously until both of their warm breaths could be felt on their faces. Both of the two pairs of brown eyes closed as their lips touched gently.

Kuwa: Eep...
Hiei: You read Harry/Draco. Quit faking it.
Kuwa: [sulks]
Yuusuke: [is blushing and doesn't notice. Poor dear]
Koenma: [slightly blushing]
Kuwa: Are they going to start kissing now too?
Kurama: Don't rush them.
Hiei: Idiot human.
[the two in question blush further]

>Arms wrapped around slender waists, the kiss quickly deepening. The two separated for air, not wanting to open their eyes for fear of ruining the moment. Koenma laid his head on Yuusuke’s chest and smiled to himself.

Kurama: As apposed to smiling at some one else...
Koenma: Aren't we standing up? I'd have to bend down to lay my head on his chest.
Hiei: Yeah. Yuusuke's shorter than you, unless you're in your toddler form.
Koenma: Adult. The author made that quite clear at the beginning.
Hiei: [shrugs]
Kurama: She just got your height messed up. It's like in Just a Favor - the author wrote me having the wrong eye color.

>“Yuusuke?” Koenma whispered, a bit shyly, backing away.

>“Hmm?”

>“I lied… That was my first kiss at the party…” he explained, looking down and blushing slightly.

Yuusuke: [suddenly laughs]
Hiei: [stares] Did I miss something?
Koenma: Yuusuke?
Yuusuke: No, it's just... After all that complaining, you were lying the entire time...
Koenma: [looks hurt]
Yuusuke: No, in the fic!
Koenma: [blushes] Oh.
Yuusuke: [same] No, I... know *you* weren't lying.
Kuwa: I'm gonna get cavities.
Hiei: [snorts]

>Yuusuke smiled. “That’s alright.” He winked at him. “You weren’t half-bad.”

>Instead of an insult, as usual, Koenma’s face turned even more red. Yuusuke just sat down on the bench that was nearby, seating Koenma next to him. He rested his head on Yuusuke’s shoulder.

Koenma: I don't like what that "as usual" is implying. I don't always "insult" him... [darkens]
Yuusuke: [softly] I know, and that's what matters, right?
Koenma: [features relax in a smile] Yes.
Yuusuke: [smiles back shyly]
Hiei: [murmurs] Definitely uke.
Yuusuke: [blushes] Hiei...
Hiei: [innocently] What?
Kurama: He's a prude. Stop teasing.
Hiei: He teased me...
Kurama: [kisses his neck] I know.
Hiei: [sulks slightly] And he knew how I felt about it...
Yuusuke: [sulks also] It's just... now I *do* know how it feels.
Hiei: [softly] I know. I'll stop.
Yuusuke: [smiles]
Hiei: [smiles back, then yawns again] Why am I so tired?
Kurama: [kisses him] You laughed so hard earlier.
Hiei: Oh. Right. [smiles up at him] That was fun.
Kurama: [kisses his nose] The fic will be over soon, and then we can go to bed.
Hiei: Good.

>“Yuusuke? Can… Can we stay like this? Just looking at the stars together?”

Hiei: [not fully paying attention] No, we sleep in the observatory now.
Kurama: That's us, Dragon. Not the fic.
Hiei: Oh.

>“Sure.”

>And so they did.

Yuusuke: Forever?
Kurama: Must've been. That's what Koenma wanted.
Yuusuke: [blushes]
Koenma: That's going to involve excessive amounts of exhibitionism... [looks guilty] Sorry, Yuusuke. Couldn't help myself.
Yuusuke: [shrugs, blushing deeper]

>***

>Koenma: OO;;; WHAT IS THIS CRAP?!

Kurama: Smut.
Koenma: Gah, emoticons.
Hiei: Script?
Kurama: Looks that way. Emoticons are okay in script form, I suppose...
Koenma: The author's endnotes.
Kurama: Yes.
Hiei: [yawns]

>Yuusuke: I'm not this freaking sappy!!!

Kuwa: He is now.
Hiei: [lazily] And he'll get sappier.
Koenma: Sap? Isn't that what comes from trees?
Kurama: [thoughtful] Well, that kind of sap *is* sticky...
Yuusuke: [blushes]
Hiei: Mental images are nice, ne Yuusuke?
Koenma: [smiles and gives Yuusuke's hand a light squeeze]
Yuusuke: [blushes deeper]

>LL: ^^U

Hiei: Who the fuck is that?
Kurama: The author, I presume.
Yuusuke: I hate self-inserts, even in author's notes.
Koenma: Save us from the smileys...
Yuusuke: [makes a "rei-gun" motion at said emoticon]
Hiei: How cute. [yawns]

>Kurama: *snicker* I liked it.

Yuusuke: He would.
Kurama: Yes, I would.
Hiei: [stares at him]
Kurama: ...if it were written better...

>Kuwabara: *laughs* You ended up with the baby-brat, Urameshi!!!

Koenma: [glares]
Kuwa: That's not me.
Hiei: [yawns again] It has your stupidity.

>Koenma: *hits him* Shut up, you idiot.

>Yuusuke: Y-yeah…

>Hiei: Don’t tell me you’re actually thinking about it!

Hiei: He has been. For some time now.
Yuusuke: [blushes very deeply]
Koenma: Is it done yet?
Kurama: Can't wait to get back to that sparring, can you?
Hiei: With swords.
Kuwa: Remember, Yuusuke's not too good with swords.
Hiei: [smirks]
Yuusuke: [scowls] Shut up!
Koenma: [gives his hand another gentle squeeze] I can help... if you want.
Hiei: [giggles weakly]
Yuusuke: [stares at him and blushes]
Kurama: You *do* realize that we weren't talking about lightsabers, right, Koenma?
Koenma: Yes, I quite realized that.
Yuusuke: [looks miserable; pulls his hand away] I'm fine.
Koenma: [hurt] I'm sorry, it was wrong for me to say that.
Yuusuke: [says nothing, watching the screen]
Koenma: I'm sorry. [gets up and leaves]
Hiei: 's not over yet... Can he do that?
Rando's voice: No, he can't. Suffer, brat.
[the door is locked when Koenma gets to it]
[he gets a good zap of electricity for his troubles]
Koenma: Ow... [heads back to his seat, wincing]
Kurama: You... okay?
Koenma: Fuck... [holding his hand in considerable pain]
Yuusuke: [watches in concern] Koenma...?
Koenma: [gives him a weak smile] I'm fine... I think.

>Yuusuke: *turns red*

>Kurama: Well if he wasn’t before, he is now…

Kurama: [sighs] Yes, we've established that.
Hiei: [lolls against Kurama] Tired.
Rando's voice: If he falls asleep, he'll get the same treatment as the other brat.
Kurama: [glares in the direction of his voice; in a low, dangerous tone] I don't know what powers you think you have over us, but if you harm him, one thing is certain - I will destroy you utterly.
Rando's voice: [laughs] You think I fear you? *I* am in the position of control!
Kurama: [mildly] For how much longer? Whoever helped you come back here might decide to send you back. Unlike our companions, Hiei and I are not so quick to believe your story. No one threw you out of the Netherworld. You were sent here.
Rando's voice: [angry] I could destroy all of you easily!
Kurama: But those are not your orders. I wonder what they would do to you when they've found you've disobeyed them.
Rando's voice: [laughs] You think you know my orders? Just you wait...
Hiei: [sits up] You just had to call his bluff, didn't you?
Kuwa: What the hell is going on?
Koenma: Something they've been keeping from us. [is still worrying his hand] If you suspected more of Rando's plot, why didn't you just tell us?
Kurama: [sighs] Because he has the entire satellite bugged.
Yuusuke: And you two still make love despite that?
Hiei: [shrugs] If he's a voyeur, he's a voyeur. We... don't know how long we'll be here.
Kurama: [words 'Later' silently to them all] Oh, look, there's the end of the fic.

>LL: *giggles* Bye for now! (YOUR FUTURE FANFIC SELVES ARE _MINE_, REIKAI TANTEI!!! *evil laugh*)

Kuwa: [winces] Too appropriate...
Hiei: Meh. Let's go.
Kurama: Yes, I need to tuck you in, dear. [helps him stand up off his lap]
Hiei: [grabs Kurama's hand as they walk]
Koenma: [still rubbing his hand] Insufferable git...
Yuusuke: [not looking at him] You sure you're okay?
Koenma: ... It feels weird... kind of numb, like it fell asleep.
Yuusuke: [touches his hand] Is that normal for electric shocks?
Koenma: [nods] So's the headache.
Yuusuke: [frowns] Is there any aspirin on the satellite?
Koenma: [nods] Kurama gave me some.
Yuusuke: [blinks] When?
Kuwa: [sneaks out]
Koenma: [frowns, trying to remember] Um... I think it was a couple days ago.
Yuusuke: You had a headache?
Koenma: Nothing compared to this one.
Yuusuke: [winces sympathetically] That sucks. Where's the bottle?
Koenma: [pulls it out of his pocket]
Yuusuke: Let's get some water from the kitchen, then.
Koenma: Okay. [they get up and leave together]

- Observatory -


“What’s wrong?” Kurama asked gently, smoothing the white locks above Hiei’s brow. Their torment for the day (or was it once a week now?) was over and while the Fire Demon had seemed exhausted, he did not sleep.

His red orbs moved from the stars outside the window to meet the Youko’s concerned gaze. “Can’t sleep.”

“Worried?”

Hiei gave a slight nod. He didn’t bother sitting up.

“We should discuss this with the others,” Kurama mused. “They’re probably just as anxious as we are, now.”

Hiei nodded again. The redhead rose nimbly from their makeshift bed and left to find their three friends.

He found Yuusuke and Koenma in the kitchen. They didn’t see him at first, so caught up in each other, and he stood just outside the doorway for a moment, watching them. He was loath to break this quiet moment between them. Neither were arguing. Koenma looked like he was taking a pill - aspirin, Kurama realized - with a glass of water. In the back of his mind he remembered they were almost out of food again and wondered if tomorrow would be appropriate to bring the subject up with Rando, even after his outburst in the theatre. Maybe if he could get a hold of Giaki, he seemed more lenient toward the captives. Maybe because he was a prisoner of Rando also? He didn’t know enough about the Lilliputian Youkai to guess.

Yuusuke stood, almost protectively, at the Junior God’s side. He was both worried about the wound Koenma had sustained and trying to hide it.

*He’s too cute for words,* Kurama thought, smiling.

“How’s the hand?” Yuusuke asked. His tone was almost neutral, but it didn’t quite make it.

Koenma finished the water and sat the glass in the sink. It was his turn to do dishes that night. He flexed his hand experimentally. “A little better. Not numb anymore.”

The godling looked truly confused as to how he was supposed to act toward his Reikai Tantei. Wanting to touch him and too afraid of scaring him away.

It was bittersweet to Kurama, watching it made his heart ache, but there was nothing to do about it now. Mostly it was up to Koenma. Not that it would stop him or Hiei from giving their advice. He made a mental note to ask Hiei to talk with Yuusuke later. Yuusuke looked like he needed a nap too, anyway. He cleared his throat, calling their attention.

They both looked at him. Yuusuke moved away from Koenma slightly. “Hey, Kurama! Aren’t you supposed to be tucking Hiei in?”

Kurama gave them a pointed look, nodded, and motioned toward the direction of the Observatory. “Yes, he’s already fast asleep.”

They nodded, understanding, and went to join him outside the kitchen. Kurama mouthed “Kuwabara” to Yuusuke. The teen nodded and took off toward his orange-haired friend’s room. Kurama grabbed Koenma’s arm and led him to the Observatory.

“Just go slowly,” Kurama advised.

Koenma looked away bashfully. “I… really don’t know what to do. With all his talk, you’d expect -”

“He’s afraid. So find out what he’s afraid of.” Kurama patted his shoulder comfortingly. “It’ll take some time. That is, if you want a serious relationship and not just a ‘roll in the hay.’”

Koenma nodded sharply. “Of course I do.” His hazel eyes narrowed, ready to prove to the Youko he wasn’t lying.

Kurama smiled broadly. “I’m glad.” He opened the door to the observatory. Moments later, Yuusuke and Kuwabara walked in and everyone seated themselves in a small circle on the bedding.

Wrapped in a blanket, Hiei lay in Kurama’s lap, sitting in between his legs, head resting on his stomach. He blinked sleepy eyes at everyone, but no one suspected him of not being alert to their discussion.

“Is it safe to talk here?” Koenma asked. He sat next to Yuusuke.

Kurama nodded. “We think that this room, and possibly the holocabana, are safe.”

“That’s why you moved in here!” Kuwabara said.

“’course that’s why,” Hiei mumbled. He yawned, hugely, which made Yuusuke yawn in sympathy. Kurama followed him.

“Yuusuke,” Kurama said, mock-glaring, “don’t do that.”

“Hiei started it,” Yuusuke mumbled. He yawned again. Hiei found enough energy to kick his leg.

“Copy cat,” he said, smiling sleepily at his friend. Yuusuke gave him a raspberry. Koenma laughed softly at their childish behavior.

Kurama smiled indulgently, waiting for them to stop. “We don’t have enough information, but judging from Rando’s actions thus far, it would seem there is more to this plot that meets the eye.”

“So it’s not just the typical ‘Evil Scientists Wants Lab Rats to Suffer on Satellite in Space’ type of thing?” Yuusuke asked. It might have been a joke, but he kept a straight face.

“Nothing’s ever really typical for us,” Koenma said.

“‘Expect nothing and let every moment surprise you,’” Kurama quoted.

“This is a surprise I’d gladly do without,” the godling told him, folding his arms across his chest.

“What could Rando’s plans be?” Yuusuke asked, frowning in thought. “Who is he working for?”

“And what’s the point of keeping us here?” Kurama added. “Is it to keep us away from the three worlds? If so, then for what reason?”

“To attack?” It seemed to be the obvious answer to Kuwabara. The other four looked at him, surprised.

“Prolly,” Hiei said softly, through another yawn. Yuusuke and Koenma followed.

“There has to be some way to make contact with the outside world.” The Youko sat his head on Hiei’s, holding him closer as if it would help him thinking. Koenma watched them enviously but made no sudden moves toward Yuusuke.

Hiei could smell their fear. That worried him too. Yuusuke was their strongest fighter, and if they should have to fight, he didn’t want the young half-demon to be distracted.

“I miss Yukina,” Kuwabara said softly. His eyes were on the stars outside the window.

“She’s a’right,” Hiei told him.

The orange-haired youth nodded. “I know. I can feel it. But I still miss her.” He raised his head to meet Hiei’s sleepy eyes. “But what if whoever Rando’s working for - what if they attack the Ningenkai?”

It was another sobering thought for all of them. They missed their homes and friends. Now, all that they left behind could be in danger.

“Tomorrow,” Kurama said, his naturally soft voice strong, determined. “We’ll start tomorrow. There are more rooms in the satellite, the ones that are blocked off. When the view screen is not on, he can only hear what we’re doing. And, perhaps, he’s not listening all the time. That could give us something to work with. Yuusuke, Koenma - you’ll be breaking into those closed-off rooms. Hiei and I will try to get the controls back online.”

“What about me?” Kuwabara asked.

Kurama smirked at him, worry no longer clouding the mischievous gleam in his eyes. “Why, dear Kuwabara, you get the most fun job of all - distraction.”

Kuwabara looked confused by that.

They all listened close as the Youko made a plan, invigorated with a sense of purpose. Hiei felt content enough, finally, to take his nap.