Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Enma's Torment Theatre ❯ Episode Eighteen: Family Affair ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Enma’s Torment Theatre
Episode Eighteen: Family Affair.
Story: The Hardest Thing
Story By: Rose-sensei
Msted by: Chrissy (Beginning and end by Rose.)
Notes: Go here now! http://www.latingazebo.com/oekaki/pictures/68.png Props to Ami. She’s drawing loverly fanart for Enma’s Torment.

Also, Rose and I are both VERY SORRY for this long hiatus. We never meant for it to go on this long. There were some technical difficulties. (No, I was not focusing wholly on When Worlds Collide… Okay, I sort of was.)


Kurama smiled at Hiei as they closed and locked the door behind them, and Hiei returned the look. They were *home* for the first time in months. It actually looked clean, which told Kurama that his mother had been coming over to take care of the place.

Botan had told them before they'd left the Reikai that his mother thought he had gotten an internship in the United States. To his surprise, she'd also informed him that everything financial had been taken care of--he had been making money--sort of--and his school issues had been ironed over.

He leaned down and kissed Hiei deeply, moaning softly as his lover returned it. Hiei moaned as Kurama broke away.

"Dragon... Remember we'd mentioned... changing positions?" That got Hiei's full attention. "Well... We're home. Did you want to...?"

Hiei blushed and bit his lip. "I... I don't think I'd be very good at it."

Kurama smiled at him. "I want to give myself to you, Hiei. Please?"

The fire demon looked away. He was also afraid of hurting Kurama, but he didn't want to voice that because it would hurt the fox. He nodded silently, and then offered his lover a smile. Kurama kissed Hiei again, pushing him against the wall and ravishing his mouth. Hiei broke away with a gasp. "Bedroom."

The redhead nodded and they both hurried up the stairs and into the bedroom. Kurama had the presence of mind to close and lock the bedroom door behind them, more a habit they'd picked up from living with the other guys. He had just moved further into the bedroom when Hiei began to divest him of his clothing, pushing him on the bed gently. The fire demon was already naked, having removed his clothing quickly upon entering the room.

When Hiei had finished removing his lover's clothing, he climbed onto the bed and looked down at Kurama, blushing lightly. "Imp... How do I...?" He felt like a virgin all over again, and not in a good way.

Kurama grabbed something from a drawer in the bedside table, then pulled the fire demon in for a kiss and pressed it into his hand. It wasn't the seeds that they normally used, but a small tube. Hiei broke away and stared at him, a little confused. The fox caressed his arm. "It's lube, Hiei. I bought it... before we were taken."

Hiei eyed the tube nervously for a moment before opening it and setting the cap aside. He was afraid he'd mess up somehow, and he had to force himself to calm down.

Kurama suddenly sat up and touched his face. "Are you sure you're okay? We don't have to do this if you don't want to."

Hiei smiled at him, hiding his nervousness quickly. "It's okay." Kurama wanted this, and the fox had always tried to give him what he wanted. It was his turn to return the favor.

The fire demon squeezed some of the contents onto his hand, and then kissed Kurama's lips before trailing down his chest and stomach. He nipped lightly at the junction between Kurama's hip and thigh, grinning as his lover gasped. He moved on to the fox's erection and licked up the vein before engulfing it completely. He moved back as Kurama thrust involuntarily, then swirled his tongue around the head as he moved his hand into position to prepare the fox. He kept Kurama distracted with his mouth as he carefully stretched him.

Kurama was barely able to stay coherent. Hiei alternately sucked and nipped at him, nearly driving him over the edge, and when Hiei finally decided that Kurama was prepared and removed his mouth, the fox moaned at the loss. "Hiei..."

Hiei moved up and kissed Kurama deeply as he carefully wiped the rest of the lube on his own member. He gripped Kurama's hips and moved into position. He was nervous about this, but he wanted to make Kurama happy. He wanted that so much... Kurama smiled at him, and that was the encouragement he needed.

The fire demon pushed in slightly and gasped at the heat, nearly losing control. He moaned, his grip on Kurama tightening as he fought to prevent himself from slamming in. He was gasping with the effort. It was too much. Way too much pleasure...

Kurama frowned when Hiei didn't continue. The sanjiyan's eyes were tightly shut, and his hands were digging into the fox's hips. He was shaking, and looked almost like he was in pain. Kurama gently removed Hiei's hands, holding them in his own. "Hiei. Look at me."

The fire demon hesitated and then looked up, still shaking. Kurama blanched as he saw that there were tears in Hiei's eyes. Hiei was... afraid... He reached up; dragging Hiei's hand with him to wipe away a tear was threatening to fall. The youkai flinched.

Kurama pulled Hiei down onto his chest, holding him lightly. "We don't have to do this," he said softly.

Hiei pulled away, his hands still entwined with Kurama's. He gave the fox a serious look, forcing himself to calm down. "I want to." He carefully pushed the rest of the way in, moaning lowly at the wave of pleasure that washed over him.

Kurama gasped. It hurt a little, but not as much as he'd expected. He looked at Hiei, whose eyes were clenched shut as he struggled to maintain control. The fox moved slightly as he got used to Hiei's position.

The fire demon gasped. "Kurama..."

"Hiei," the redhead answered, his voice mischievous. Kurama grinned up at him, moving again to see what would happen. Hiei gave another throaty gasp, his hands tightening on Kurama's, and he moved to counter Kurama's movement. That broke his control and he thrust again, gasping at the heat and friction. Kurama moved to match Hiei's rhythm. The fire demon didn't seem to have any control, which was normal for a virgin. He shifted so Hiei would have more access and then gasped, gripping Hiei's hands, as the next thrust hit its mark.

Hiei nearly faltered before he realized why Kurama had gasped, and he angled his thrusts to hit that spot again, gasping himself as he struggled to get under control, but it was a losing battle and he knew it. He was afraid that he wouldn't be able to finish the fox. He let go of Kurama's hands, using one to steady himself so he could thrust harder and wrapped the other around Kurama's member.

Kurama moaned in response, feeling himself move toward orgasm. His body was tightening, and moving in response to Hiei became harder to do. Finally his body locked up as he came and he cried out softly. Hiei gasped as Kurama’s body suddenly clenched around him, and he thrust once more before his own body shuddered with orgasm. He wasn't able to pull out completely before he collapsed onto Kurama's chest, closing his eyes.

Kurama lay panting for a few moments, the orgasm slowly washing away, before he realized that Hiei wasn't moving. He smiled. "Hiei?"

The fire demon forced his arms to move and pushed off Kurama, rolling to the side and curling there, breathing heavily as the effects of the orgasm slowly wore off. "Hnn?"

Kurama turned to the side and pulled the fire demon to his chest. "I love you," he whispered, kissing him.

Hiei smiled slightly at the kiss, looking absolutely adorable. "Mmm..." Suddenly, his smile faded.

Kurama frowned. Hiei's brow was creased a bit. "Are you okay?"

Hiei's eyes opened and blinked at him. The fire demon sighed and leaned his forehead against Kurama's throat. "I . . ." He stopped, hesitating.

"Go on," Kurama urged. He was a bit worried now.

". . . Can we not do that again . . .?"

Kurama pulled away and looked at Hiei in concern. The fire demon was avoiding his eyes. "Hiei . . . Did you not want to do this?" The fire demon didn't answer, and Kurama gently forced him to look up. "Hiei?"

Hiei shook his head, flushing slightly. "I'm sorry."

Kurama hugged him tightly. "You should have told me. I wouldn't have forced the issue. I just thought it would be something different, equal . . . I should have made sure."

Hiei nipped his neck lightly. "It's okay, Imp. We tried it, and it wasn't my cup of tea."

Kurama pulled away and smiled at him. "We won't do it again, then." He smirked. "I prefer being on top anyway. You look delicious when you're at my mercy."

Hiei snickered. "Hentai." He snuggled close to Kurama, pulling the fox on top of him slightly.

Kurama's eyes twinkled in amusement. "What, you want another go already?"

Hiei smiled lazily, moving his legs as if to grant Kurama access. "Bring it on." Then he yawned deeply.

Kurama laughed, and then stopped as he yawned, too. "In the morning, maybe. We should get some sleep."

Hiei's eyes were already half-closed. "Yeah . . . I want to sleep in, though."

Kurama grinned and nuzzled Hiei's cheek. "Depends on if I let you," he yawned, though he knew he would probably sleep in anyway.

"Mmm . . . I won't argue," Hiei mumbled, his eyes sliding shut.

"Goodnight, Dragon." Hiei was already asleep. Kurama smiled and relaxed, letting his own eyes slide shut as he revelled in the feeling of being *home* for a few minutes before falling asleep as well.

*

Yuusuke smirked as Hiei and Kurama hurried out. He glanced at Botan. "What'd you tell my mom?"

She blushed slightly. "Er . . . Atsuko didn't believe us. We told her you got a job, and she laughed and asked for the truth. So we told her you were sent to military school."

Yuusuke stared at her. "You WHAT??" He groaned. "Oh, man . . . I'm never going to hear the end of it."

Botan giggled, and then gave him a very serious, almost angry look. "Oh, and I did find the MSTs that Rando published online. And, no, I didn't tell Keiko." She pouted. "I can't believe you thought I would!"

Yuusuke and Koenma both winced. "Yuu-chan was a little irrational at the time, Botan," Koenma said softly.

"Yeah," Yuusuke added. "I'm really sorry. I just kind of . . . freaked out."

Botan gave him a hard look, and then nodded. "It's okay. You guys were all under a lot of stress up there." She grinned. "Besides, you two make a cute couple!" They glanced at each other and blushed, and Botan laughed. "See!"

Yuusuke scowled slightly. "Now she's doing it."

Koenma shook his head, then frowned, his eyes widening. "Botan . . . Did Dad find those MSTs, too?"

She nodded. "Yeah. He thought they were pretty funny, though he didn't like having to do your work while you were gone." Koenma sighed in relief at that, and Botan grinned. "He said to remind you that you have to produce a legitimate heir at some point."

Koenma paled slightly. "Oh, crap . . ." He bit his lip, looking at Yuusuke with a worried expression on his face.

Yuusuke shrugged and patted his shoulder. "Oi, we'll figure it out later, eh?" Koenma smiled and nodded. Yuusuke stretched. "Does Mom know I'm home yet, Botan?"

Botan shook her head. "No. You just got back!"

Yuusuke grinned. "So I don't have to go home yet, right?" He leered at Koenma, who blushed. "Did we want a foot massage?"

Koenma's blush deepened even further. "You . . ."

Botan giggled. "I'll just leave you two alone, then. Have fun!" She wriggled her fingers at them as she left.

Koenma looked at Yuusuke reproachfully. "That was mean, Yuu-chan!"

Yuusuke shrugged. "It got rid of her, didn't it?" He yawned. "To be honest, I just want a nap. Sorry if I embarrassed you, K-chan."

"It's okay." Koenma smiled. "I'm actually kind of tired, too. And it'll be nice to sleep at home for the first time in months." He took Yuusuke's hand, blushing slightly, and led him off to his bedroom.

*

Kurama woke the next morning to Hiei's breathing tickling his chest. He snuggled close to the fire demon and closed his eyes, wanting to fall back into slumber, but after ten minutes or so he gave up. The fox reluctantly opened his eyes and glanced at the clock. It was nearly ten in the morning. He sighed softly, and then gasped softly as Hiei moved in his sleep, inadvertently brushing against his morning wood.

Well, he told himself, Hiei *had* said he wouldn't argue if Kurama didn't let him sleep in. With that in mind he shifted to hover slightly over Hiei, practically laying on top of him, but not putting his full weight down. He glanced at the bedside table and grabbed the tube of lube from on top of it, palming it so it would be handy. Hiei's head was turned to the side, so his throat was exposed. Kurama smirked and decided to take advantage of that.

Hiei gasped, waking as Kurama ravished his throat. "Imp . . ." He moved his head toward Kurama's to try to capture his lips, a play for dominance in their lovemaking. The youko allowed this, and then ground his hips against Hiei's, swallowing the gasp it incited and taking control again. The fire demon was instantly submissive, and Kurama smirked, breaking the kiss and moving back to Hiei's neck, determined to make the mark he'd left there darker. He ground his hips again as he did, and Hiei's legs moved to either side of him, his hips lifting slightly to grant the youko access. Oh, yeah. He was ready.

Kurama took his time, lowering himself so most of his weight was on Hiei, and rocking his hips to create friction between them until the fire demon moaned. He opened the bottle of lube and squeezed a liberal amount into his palm, then quickly prepared himself. His hands moved to Hiei's buttocks, lifting slightly to allow for the correct angle, and his mouth went back to Hiei's neck as he pushed in until he was fully sheathed, hitting the right spot on the first try.

Hiei arched beneath him, not able to move very much because of their proximity. The youkai's face was flushed and twisted with passion. Kurama loved to see him like this. He was going to take this nice and slowly.

The fire demon moved slightly, trying to thrust against him, wanting to feel that bolt of pleasure again, but not able to since Kurama was lying on top of him. "Imp . . ." His voice was barely a breath, with a hint of pleading in it.

Kurama nipped Hiei's lip before moving just a little bit, making Hiei gasp softly. He felt Hiei's legs hook around his own as the fire demon tried to find purchase. Kurama lowered his upper body on top of Hiei, and then moved his arms under Hiei's to lock behind his shoulders. Hiei took the hint and moved his legs higher to give Kurama more access.

Kurama pulled out a bit, then thrust, in a rocking motion, and Hiei gasped as it not only hit its mark, but the movement created friction, stimulating erogenous zones. "Kurama . . ." He was begging now, completely submissive.

The youko grinned and was about to do it again when he heard a noise on the stairs, followed by a very familiar voice calling, "Shuiichi . . .? Are you home?" He froze, horrified.

Hiei moved immediately, unhooking his legs and pushing Kurama off and out of him. They both moaned softly at the sudden friction and the loss of stimulation that followed. It only took Hiei a few seconds to find his clothes and put them on, and he handed Kurama his bathrobe. "We'll finish later," he whispered.

Kurama pulled the robe on and caught Hiei's hand, pulling him close for a kiss that quickly threatened to morph into more. The youko was un-tucking Hiei's shirt and sliding his hands up when the doorknob rattled, and they jumped apart quickly. Kurama was grateful that he'd had the foresight to lock the bedroom door.

Shiori knocked. "Shuiichi . . .?"

Hiei gave Kurama a look and then went to the window. "I'll be back later," he mouthed.

Kurama wanted to stop him and tell him to stay, to go to the guest room and he'd make up an excuse and get rid of her quickly, but Hiei was already gone. He sighed and quickly threw the covers over the bed and hid the lube in the dresser drawer before he headed for the bedroom door. "I'm up, 'Kaasan . . ."

*

Hiei cursed softly as he neared Genkai's, glad that there was a cold lake near the temple. That was his first stop, and then he would visit Yukina. He hated this whole situation. He understood Kurama not wanting Shiori to walk in on them, but he wished they could have an open relationship. He didn't like feeling like he had to sneak around. He wished Kurama would tell Shiori the truth.

Then he winced. He was echoing Kurama's words to him about Yukina. Though, Kurama always told him that she probably already knew . . . Now that he thought about it, it wasn't unlikely that Shiori had already figured it out. But if she had . . . He shook his head as he landed in the grass next to a small spring. He didn't want to think about it.

Hiei hissed as he jumped into the lake, the icy water having the effect he wanted, but painfully. He washed himself off quickly and jumped out, drying himself with his ki before dressing again and heading toward the temple. His chest tightened slightly as he neared the temple, as it did every time he went to visit Yukina. He ignored it, as usual. He didn't feel guilty.

Yukina was feeding the birds when he saw her, and he watched her silently. She seemed melancholy today, but they'd been gone for a long time. He wasn't sure she knew they were back yet, though he'd assumed the oaf would have come to visit right away if he'd had the opportunity.

Yukina suddenly turned toward him and looked up, noticing him for the first time. She stared for a second, and then ran toward him, smiling happily. "Onii- Hiei-san!! You're back!"

Hiei froze at her mistake. That word had almost been . . . He stood stiffly as she hugged him, his mind whirling. Finally he nodded, forcing himself to speak. "We got back yesterday."

Yukina let go of him and stepped back, blushing slightly. She bowed. "I'm sorry. I've missed you and the others quite a bit." She bit her lip. "Would you like some tea, and maybe breakfast?" Then she put her hand to her mouth. "Oh! You probably ate already at Kurama's."

Hiei shook his head, trying to concentrate on what she was saying. "I haven't eaten yet." He was very uncomfortable about her slip. It had been accidental, but was it because she knew, or . . .? He pushed the thoughts aside. Of course she didn't know. She couldn't . . . "Breakfast sounds good."

He followed her into the temple, letting her chatter about what had happened while they had been at Rando's mercy (though he wasn't able to concentrate on what she was saying) and watched her prepare breakfast, pointedly refusing to think about those two syllables and what may have followed; 'onii' . . .

Botan arrived as they were eating, with Kurama in tow, to apologetically inform him that Enma wanted them to do a MST. For once, he was relieved to have it as a distraction, not really even caring that they had just gotten back. He ignored the strange look Kurama gave him as they headed for the Reikai.

*

“So, Rando was caught?” Kuwabara asked.

Koenma nodded, arms folded over his chest. He was still in his adult form, and the teen didn’t need to ask why. Though Yuusuke wasn’t there; he was probably on his way. “Those… girls blew up the satellite right after they delivered us home, which caught the sod rather by surprise. I believe the guards said he was still sizzling this morning.”

The orange haired teen grinned. “It’s the least he deserves. If I could get my hands on him right now, he’d be permanently disfigured.” He punched his hand into the other, a dark look in his eyes.

“No need!” said Yuusuke as he came strolling into Koenma’s office. There was a bounce in his step, a wide grin on his face, and his fists were bleeding. He went straight to the godling’s desk and sat on the edge, looking at the two of them cheerfully. “I did just that right after breakfast.”

Koenma’s eyes had widened as he took in his boyfriend’s bloody hands. “Yuusuke! I told you to take it easy.”

The teen actually pouted when the godling stood, took out a handkerchief, and wiped at the cuts. “K-chan, it’s okay. Most of it’s his. ‘Sides, you know I like a good morning exercise.”

“Er, you won’t get in trouble for doing that, will you, Urameshi?” Kuwabara asked.

Yuusuke frowned. “The git deserved it. Don’t tell me you feel sorry for him.”

“No, that’s not what I meant!”

The other teen winced as Koenma tightened a knot on the cloth around his hand. “After what he did to Hiei and Kurama, I’ll never forgive him or the Meikai,” he said softly, yet knowing they would hear him.

Koenma and Kuwabara exchanged a concerned look.

“Don’t worry,” Yuusuke grumbled, more loudly now, “I’m done with him. Just make sure his punishment fits the crime. Or however that saying goes.” He winced again as Koenma wrapped up his other hand.

“Really should put something on that,” Koenma said thoughtfully.

“It’s fine, K-chan,” Yuusuke told him, trying to ease the other’s worries. “They don’t even hurt.”

Then, something else occurred to Kuwabara. “Urameshi, how did you get here so early?”

Yuusuke and Koenma both blushed brightly.

The orange-haired human ‘irked’. “Never mind. I don’t wanna know.”

Hiei and Kurama arrived sometime afterwards, and after securing that Hiei wasn’t going to go and repeat Yuusuke’s example, they trudged to the theatre.

*

[they enter the old theatre, notice their stereotypical seats have been replaced with a rather new and expensive looking couch, and sit down from left to right: Kuwabara, Koenma, Yuusuke, Hiei, and Kurama.]

Kurama: [mildly] A couch. My ambitions have been realized at last.
Hiei: [smirks at him]
Yuusuke: And I was starting to get the hang out of ripping apart those seats.
Koenma: I had no idea they were getting replaced. Wonder why no one informed me…
George’s voice: But, Koenma-sama, I tried to tell you this morning, but you started shouting at me, telling me to close the door so I wouldn’t see you snuggling with Yuusuke-sama.
Hiei: Whoa, slow down. Did we miss something?
Kurama: [grins] I think we have.
Yuusuke: Nothing happened! … Yet.
Koenma: [blushes] He just spent the night!
Kurama: [thoughtful] Mm. That’s what we did on our first night. Just slept.
Hiei: [smiles at him]

>The Hardest Thing
>By Rose Thorne

Koenma: [frowns thoughtfully at the title]
Yuusuke: It’s all coming up Roses.
Kurama: Not just roses but Roses?
Yuusuke: [shrugs] I like that gag.
Kurama: Ah.

>~~STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY!!~~

Koenma: And are those all-caps really necessary?
Kuwa: It’s like an attack in Ranma ½.
Yuusuke: [Ranma] KATCHU TENSHIN AMAGURIKAN!!
Kuwa: All it needs is those little tail things.
Koenma: And it’s like the techniques we use, too.
Hiei: [smirks] JAOU ENSATSU KOKORYU - [Kurama kisses him]

>"It's the hardest thing I'll ever have to say...To look you in the eyes...and tell you I don't love you..." ~The Hardest Thing, 98 Degrees

Yuusuke: Great. The fic’s started quoting songs too now.
Koenma: It’s a songfic?
Kurama: Terrific.
Kuwa: Maybe it’s only this part.
Yuusuke: We’re never that lucky.

>~*~
>Chapter Six

Yuusuke: And since this is uploaded onto the internet by text, we should probably point out that that was bolded for some reason.
Hiei: Who cares?
Kurama: [sighs] Would it be so hard to start on chapter one?
Koenma: There’s obviously something about this chapter worth MSTing more than the other ones.
Kuwa: It sucks more than the other ones.
Koenma: That could very well be it.

>Hiei ran to his old home in the Makai, a small cave on the face of a mountain.

Koenma: Just another of the millions of dragons hoarding gold inside of mountains.
Hiei: I have never stolen from dwarves, I’ll have you know.

>The only drawback to the location was the fact that it was on Mukuro's land. Hiei had hidden and boobytrapped the cave years ago when he'd decided to take over the Ningenkai.

Yuusuke: I’m sorry, story, you lost me at the word ‘boob.’ [snickers]
Hiei: [rolls his eyes]
Kurama: [teasingly] Didn’t know you were that fixated on the female anatomy, Yuusuke.
Koenma: [looks at Yuusuke]
Yuusuke: [looks back] At the moment? [grins] Not at all.
Hiei: No, not when he has someone else’s anatomy on his mind.
[Yuusuke and Koenma blush]

>The fire demon was glad that he had hidden it. At least I have somewhere to live...

Kurama: Oh dear.
Yuusuke: Captain! Bishounen Angst Waves at 12:00!
[out of nowhere, they pull out newspapers and hold them folded over their heads]
Yuusuke: [sings] There’s a light -
Koenma: Aren’t we supposed to have lighters for this too?
Kurama: With the newspapers and the rain? I’m not sure…
Kuwa: Er, why are we doing this again?
Hiei: Audience participation for Rocky Horror.
Kuwa: [still confused] It just seems… really random.
Yuusuke: It seemed like a good idea at the time!

>He quickly discovered that some of the traps had been tripped. Nearby, he found the mangled, rotting bodies of what had been several weak, low A-class youkai.

Yuusuke: Beef. It’s what’s for dinner.
Hiei: I’d rather eat human.
Yuusuke: [raspberry]
Hiei: Well, not you. Koenma’s going to eat *you.*
[Koenma blushes. Yuusuke rolls his eyes and blushes]

>He disposed of the carcasses with a burst of ki, burning them to ashes in seconds and ridding the cave of the disgusting stench of rotting flesh.

Hiei: And filling it with the stench of *burning* rotting flesh.
Yuusuke: [snarky] Smart, Hiei clone.

>The fire demon had honestly considered going back to Mukuro and letting her kill him, but he'd decided not to.

Kurama: [frowns] Oh dear…
Yuusuke: Well, I *did* say Bishounen Angst Waves.
Koenma: Ano… [frowning as well]
Kurama: I wonder what happened.
Hiei: [snuggles against him, whispers] Whatever it is, don’t worry about it. It’s not real, and we’re free from the sod.
Kurama: [pulls him closer, smiling reassuringly] I know. I promise that I’ll try not to let it bother me from now on.

>I'd only hurt Yukina.

Kuwa: Oi! You’d better not, Shrimp!
Hiei: [twitches slightly at the nickname] And the same goes for you, Moron.
Kuwa: I’d never hurt her!!
Yuusuke: [smoothly to Kurama] Ya know, they’re starting to sound like Sirius and Snape arguing during a Snarry fic.
Kurama: [rolls eyes] You and your Snarry. [Snarry = Snape/Harry. In case no one was familiar with that particular moniker.]

>Kurama obviously doesn't care about me enough to mind if I got myself killed.

Kurama: [clenches jaw] Excuse me?
Hiei: [slides into his lap, petting his hair] Imp, calm down. You promised.
Kurama: [sighs] I know. Caught me by surprise.
Hiei: [licks his nose]
Kurama: [smiles]
Koenma: I knew it…
Yuusuke: What?
Koenma: I’m not sure if this is the fic we’re supposed to be reading today.
Kurama: What??
Kuwa: How could this *not* be the fic?
Koenma: Well, I’m not sure. Don’t take my word for it. I’m trying to remember what Botan was telling me this morning…
Hiei: [smirks] While you were snuggling with ‘Yuu-chan’, right?
Koenma: [blushes] Yes.
Hiei: Figures.

>Earlier, he'd walked through a more heavily populated area of the Makai, a trading area (in disguise of course).

Kurama: And please let it not be a Jedi’s half-assed attempt at disguise. Walking around on an alien planet, where the beings are not Human, and only covering their heads and arms with their cloaks.
Yuusuke: Huh? When did that happen?
Kurama: Sorry. Jedi Apprentice again.
Koenma: You read those a lot.
Kurama: Not as much as you’d think, actually. Besides, Jude Watson stopped writing them in favor of Jedi Quest, which followed the earlier journeys of Obi-Wan and Anakin. And I hate Anakin, so I’ll be damned if I read those.
Yuusuke: [whispers] And they accuse me of being a fan boy.
Kurama: I heard that.
Yuusuke: [winces]

>There he heard that Mukuro had chosen another heir.

Hiei: Eh?
Yuusuke: Looks like you guys knocked over Fort Knox after all.
Hiei: [smirks]
Koenma: Yuu-chan, don’t give them ideas.
Yuusuke: We’re just fooling around.
Koenma: [uneasily gazing at the smirking Hiei and Kurama.] If you say so…

>She didn't waste much time... Hiei thought bitterly. She was probably sick of me anyway. He'd also heard that the new heir was obsessed with killing him, because she thought that it would strengthen her heirship.

Koenma: ‘Heirship?’ Is that a word?
Kurama: Uh -
Yuusuke: It’s okay, this woman is so good she can make up her own words.
Hiei: [bored, nuzzles Kurama’s neck]
Kurama: [smiles, whispers into his ear] I want to finish what we started this morning.
Hiei: [smirks]
Kurama: [broaches this subject tentatively] You know… You didn’t have to leave so soon. I told her I was tired after the trip, and so I came back right away.
Hiei: [pauses] I didn’t want her to walk in and see me, and then you would’ve had to explain. I know that you wouldn’t have wanted her to find out like that.
Kurama: [kisses him] Dragon. If she had, we would have dealt with it the best we could. But, thank you.

>The thing that had chilled him most was that the new heir was Koorime. She would want to kill him anyway.

Koenma and Kurama: Oh dear.
Yuusuke: You two could play Threepio, you know that?
Kurama: [overdramatically] Oh my goodness!
Hiei: [beeps like Artoo]
Yuusuke: [falls over laughing]
Kuwa: It’s not like that spin wasn’t around already with those two.
Yuusuke: [sniggering] I know! Still hilarious. Droid sex!
Kuwa: Ugh.

>Hiei glanced around his Sparten quarters glumly,

Kurama: Spartan.

>reminding himself drearily that this would be his home for the rest of his life, however long or short that might be. He had some dried food left over that was still good,

Hiei: Well, if stale, molding, or otherwise deteriorating food is your thing.

>as well as a few weapons and a small stash of

Yuusuke: Pot!
Koenma: [thoughtful] Actually, I wonder how successful he would be as a drug dealer.
Kurama: A LOT of fan girls would buy from him.
Koenma: [nods]

>Makai treasure.

Yuusuke: [sings] Far over the misty mountains cold. /To dungeons deep and caverns old…
Kurama: Is there something you *haven’t* seen?
Yuusuke: Yeah. I just see stuff other people normally don’t. [Which reminds me: Yes, Yuusuke did get to see Kill Bill finally. Er, he will, I mean.]

>In a corner, on a bed of moss lay the frayed cloth that was to serve as a bed, as it had for nearly twenty years before he had joined Goki in the quest to take over the Ningenkai.

Yuusuke: Quest?
Koenma: It was a very short Odyssey.
Yuusuke: Well, yeah. Three episodes. The Odyssey went on for twenty years.
Hiei: Sure, rub it in why don’t you?
Yuusuke: [sheepish] Sorry, man.

>Hiei smiled bitterly and sat on a small outcropping of rock. His life had gone from being meaningful and almost perfect back to pointless and worthless in a matter of days. What does it matter? I was born to be miserable.

Yuusuke: [before Kurama has time to react] The wind blows, carrying perfect, fluffy white feathers onto the scene. The Tokyo Tower suddenly becomes visible behind the Fire Demon. Sadame begins to play. Hinoto tries to talk to him telepathically -
Hiei: Alright, Clamp-whore. Cool it.

>The fire demon reset his traps, then curled up on the bed of moss, drawing around him the pitiful scrap that he had once been proud to call a blanket. After a long while, he was drawn into a fitful sleep full of sad dreams.

Yuusuke: [hums Sadame]
Hiei: I said stop it!

>* * *

Yuusuke: [sings] Uchuu yo kootta hoshi no umi yo!
Kurama: Took you long enough to mention Leiji Matsumoto’s work.
Yuusuke: [hangs head, serious] I know. I am ashamed.
Kurama: [rolls eyes]
[Song is from Arcadia of My Youth. Matsumoto is also known for Harlock Saga, Galaxy Express 999, Queen Emeraldas, and Star Blazers. *enjoys pimping*]

>Kurama slowly drove to his mother's home, sincerely dreading what was about to take place, but knowing that he had to do it.

Yuusuke: But, Aunt Polly, I don’t wanna whitewash the fence!
Kurama: Again, random.
Yuusuke: Those’re my favorite jokes.
Hiei: Yeah, we kind of noticed.

>I owe it to Hiei. Even if he hates me, this must be done. I never wanted to marry her.

Kurama: My mother?!
Yuusuke: Hoo boy.
Hiei: This is Yuu Yuu Hakusho, story. Not Maze, where incest runs rampant.
Yuusuke: Well, anything goes on Maze.
Hiei: Ugh. That little girl - Mil? - is so annoying that I get a headache just thinking about her.
Kurama: [smiles] I could alleviate that for you, my dear.
Hiei: [smirks] I’m sure you could, Imp.
Kurama: [snuggles him, kissing his Jagan]

>And because I didn't protest my mother's plans, I've lost the most important person in my life.

Yuusuke: Aww! Bad Shiori-clone! You shouldn’t want to date your son and keep him away from his husband.
Kurama: [kisses Hiei’s neck] Mine.
Hiei: Always.
Yuusuke: [pretends to dab his eyes] The fics are never as cute as the real thing!
Hiei: [rolls eyes] Voyeur.
Yuusuke: [smoothly] Exhibitionist.

>Finally, he pulled into the driveway, wincing as he noticed that his stepfather was home. Yet another problem. The redhead walked to the door, resisting the urge to drag his feet.

Yuusuke: Yeah, if you’re gonna go drag, do the whole thing!
Kurama: Corny.
Yuusuke: [shrugs]

>Finally, he went in.
>"Oniisan!" Shuu-chan yelled. "'Tousan, 'Niisan's here!"

Kurama: I really should visit my family… Heh. To think, because of my brother, I’d sworn that I didn’t want children. [smiles meaningfully at his lover]
Hiei: [surprised] Really?
Kurama: [kisses him] I’ve changed my mind since then, of course.
Hiei: [smiles slightly]

>The big man chuckled. "I've noticed. What brings you here, boy?" Kurama didn't answer.

Yuusuke: Well, not with his lips stitched up like that - [Hiei hits him] Itai!
Koenma: [pets his hair] You really should know better by now than to use that joke.
Yuusuke: [pouts, leans into his touch] I know…
Koenma: [smiles and pulls Yuusuke against him]

>"Shuuichi, dear! I'm glad you stopped by. I need to discuss the wedding plans with-"

Kurama: -out cringing in disgust at wanting to marry my own son?
Hiei: Dumb fic.
Kurama: Likewise.
Koenma: I’m sure we’re misreading that. There must be some girl she wants you to marry.
Kurama: Oh. And Hiei-clone found out and that’s why he thinks my clone doesn’t love him?
Kuwa: That makes more sense.
Hiei: Still dumb fic.

>Kurama interrupted his mother. "Kaasan, I need to speak to you privately for a moment."
>Shiori blinked at him. "Of course, Shuuichi. You must have questions." She led him from the room. "Now, what did you need to discuss?"

Yuusuke: [Kurama] This incest thing? Not gonna work.
Hiei: [hums the Maze opening theme]
Yuusuke: [winces] Don’t tease. I haven’t gotten to see my collection yet.
Kurama: So you stayed with Koenma rather than go home and zone out watching anime?
Yuusuke: [scratches head] Actually, you know, he has some too. But of course I’d pick K-chan over them any day.
Koenma: [smiles brightly]
Hiei: Nice save.
Yuusuke: [grins] I thought so.
Koenma: [sighs]
Kurama: [to Koenma] I wouldn’t let that worry you. They’re just joking.
Koenma: Yeah, I know.

>The kitsune took a deep breath. "I can't marry Tesia."

Hiei: Who?
Koenma: Ah ha! I was right. There’s another woman.
Kurama: [dryly] Whoopee. You get a cookie.

>Shiori blinked. "But you must! The plans-"

Yuusuke: Will have to be changed, because you now have a son-in-law. Enjoy!

>"Kaasan, I've been in love with someone for a long time," Kurama interrupted, chosing his words carefully. "And that person found out that this wedding was planned and is very upset."

Yuusuke: [Kurama] He went postal, killed everyone of our friends, then threatened to eat my first born child.
Kurama: That’s a whole different fic… I *hope* anyway… [grimaces]
Koenma: “Choosing.”

>Shiori stared at him. "You...you have a girlfriend? Oh, Shuuichi, why didn't you tell me?! Who is she? Will I be meeting her? What is she like?..."

Koenma: Well, Shiori-clone, if you stopped babbling long enough to take a breath, maybe your son could explain.
Yuusuke: For starters, that it’s a he.
Kurama: [gropes Hiei] Yup, he’s male.
Hiei: [smirks, shifts in his seat, making the Youko gasp softly]

>Kurama took a deep breath. "His name is Hiei and he's the most wonderful person I've ever met."

Kurama: Very true. [kisses Hiei’s neck]
Hiei: [smiles slightly]

>His mother continued babbling. "Oh, you must bring her sometime! What does she like to eat? What kind-" She stopped short and stared at Kurama. In a tiny voice she said, "He?"

Kurama: [winces]
Koenma: This doesn’t bode well…
Kuwa: I think you were right, Koenma. This seems a bit… serious. Like the git’s stuff.
Yuusuke: Unless your brother and step-father pop out in clown suits in the near future, I think we should start suspecting sabotage.
Kurama: I already am…

>"Yes, Kaasan. He." The kitsune had to force himself to look her in the eye.

Yuusuke: And not poke it out with a fork.

>"Kaasan, I'm...I have a male lover. I have for quite a while." Shiori just gaped at him. "He...thought that I didn't love him, because I haven't been spending time with him lately.

Yuusuke: I thought you loved me! You called me your little cumquat!
Hiei: What?
Kurama: Again, random.

>And when Tesia called..." Tears came to Kurama's eyes, but he refused to let them fall.

Yuusuke: The tears or his eyes?
Koenma: Ew.

>"He left." The redhead's voice cracked. "But I still can't marry her. I won't marry her. I'm sorry, Kaasan."
>"You're gay, Shuuichi?" she asked, shocked.

Hiei: Humans always have to label everything.
Kurama: [frowning] Yeah…
Hiei: [looks at him carefully] You’re doing it again.
Kurama: [lowers gaze] I know. Can’t help it.
Hiei: [tilts his head up] Hey. I know you’re stronger than this. You can beat it.
Kurama: [smiles slightly] “It’s always easier to believe in yourself when someone else has believed in you first.”
Hiei: [smiles back]

>Kurama finally looked away. "Hai, Kaasan."
>The door burst open to reveal Kurama's red-faced stepfather. "Get out!" the man growled. "I will NOT have a perversion in my home!"

Yuusuke: So says the guy who dresses himself and his son up like clowns.
Koenma: This guy reminds me of Sophia in the Golden Girls. Always eavesdropping on the other three.
Kurama: [is wincing, but not as bad as usual. Hiei’s watching him carefully]
Kuwa: So, it was sabotaged after all?
Koenma: Looks that way.
Yuusuke: Then, can’t we just stop it and leave?
Botan’s voice: We can’t! And the doors are locked too. Whoever’s done it was very thorough.
Koenma: Fabulous.

>Kurama flinched. "I'm sorry Kaasan." He left the room and grabbed his coat, hurrying to the front door.

Yuusuke: And slamming headfirst into it - Ow!
Hiei: I think you’re confusing bad fanfic for bad Adam Sandler movie.
Kurama: Comma after ‘sorry’.

>Shuu-chan came from the kitchen with c couple cans of soda. "Hey, 'Niisan! Want one?"

Yuusuke: Only if you tell me what “c couple cans” are.
Kurama: Replace ‘c’ with ‘a’.

>Kurama swallowed hard as his stepfather let out an enraged snarl.

Yuusuke: Then tackled him to the floor, clamping onto and shredding his throat.
Hiei: [gives him a withering look]

>The large man grabbed him by the collar and shoved him toward the front door. "Shuuichi-kun, stay away from him!" his stepfather yelled at Kurama's stepbrother. "But, Tousan-" "DON'T ARGUE WITH ME!" He turned to Kurama, his face purple with rage. "Never come back here! Do you hear me?! Never!"

Kurama: There’s this thing called the enter key -
Koenma: [Crow] He’s a loving and giving caregiver.
Yuusuke: All those caps remind me of a bad Slayers fic. Only less spelling errors and emoticons.

>Kurama hurried out the front door, wincing as it was slammed behind him, knowing that he would never be welcome there again. I'm sorry, Kaasan. I can't hide anymore...

Yuusuke: My invisibility cloak ran out of batteries.
Koenma: It was really dumb of me to hide in the closet, I admit. It’s where the monsters look first.
Yuusuke: Like in Halloween. “No wire hangers!”
Koenma: Heh.

>The kitsune drove back to his apartment, feeling totally alone. I lost Hiei, and now even my own mother hates me...

Koenma: Thanks for the pointless recap, story.
Kurama: [suddenly tightens his hold on Hiei, kissing his neck ravenously]
Hiei: [mildly surprised] Kurama?
Kurama: Not letting it bother me… [slides his hands under Hiei’s shirt]
Hiei: [smiles]

>Tears finally fell as he realized that this was probably exactly how Hiei had felt when Tesia had called. Kurama stumbled to his empty bed, and curled up, crying himself to sleep.

Kuwa: How did we get from Kurama driving a car to his bed?
Yuusuke: Aren’t those vortexes great?
Koenma: Lovely transition, story.

>* * *

Yuusuke: Suki datta...hitori sora o miage/ yuuyami no naka tasogareru no ga…
Koenma: And that is?
Yuusuke: Zelgadis’ Next image song.
Koenma: Strange, how the songs in Slayers are actually insightful to their characters.

>Hiei sat up as he awoke with a start, not knowing where he was.

Yuusuke: A bar?
Koenma: Hell?
Kuwa: A satellite in space?
Koenma: Camp blood?
Yuusuke: Elm Street?
Kuwa: Oz?
Yuusuke: Wonderland. And he’s wearing a blue dress with a white apron.
Kurama: Mmm. That’d be cute.
Hiei: Don’t even think about it.
Kurama: [leers] Too late.
Hiei: Kurama…
Kurama: [murmuring against his mouth] Pushing you back onto the ground, hitching up the skirt and slipping insi-
Yuusuke: Kurama. This isn’t Yuu Yuu Hakusho in Wonderland. [Clamp in Wonderland.]
Kurama: We all get our kicks from somewhere.

>As he looked around, memory returned to him in a flash.

Yuusuke: [Hiei] Whoa. How much did I have to drink?

>He hugged his knees to his chest, feeling very alone, like there was a huge hole in his heart. Why can't I just forget? he wondered sadly. Why did Kurama do this to me? Why did he make me fall in love with him if he didn't love me back?

Yuusuke: “Oh, that’s silly. Finish your tequila.”
Koenma: [stares] I’m not going to ask.
Kuwa: To kill ya…
Hiei: [pulls away from Kurama for a second] Didn’t I already explain that Ningenkai alcohol sucked compared to stuff in the Makai?
Yuusuke: Yeah.

>A single, forlorn sob racked his slender body before he managed to supress his emotions.

Kurama: Suppress…
Yuusuke: That wasn’t a forlorn sob, that was his climax.
Hiei: [moans] … You’re not helping.
Kurama: [licking his ear] Can’t get that image of you in a dress out of my head…
Hiei: [wryly] The big one or the small one?
Kurama: [leers] Both.
Hiei: Thought so.

>I don't care. I need something to do with my life. If Mukuro kills me, that's her business...
>The fire demon flickered from his bed and threw on some clothes.

Hiei: Whatever happened to just walking?
Yuusuke: “I have no legs!”

>After a few moments of thought, he grabbed his katana, as well as a few jeweled throwing knives before he left his pitiful dwelling.

Yuusuke: Which erupted in a blazing inferno behind him.
Kuwa: Ooo. Pretty fire. Want to touch it…

>* * *

Kurama: [Utena] We promised we’d look at stars together forever…
Koenma: Then Anthy goes to get the axe…
Yuusuke: Well, it’s her own fault for believing Touga to begin with. Nice-Guy Touga is still Touga. He’d say anything to get in Utena’s pants.

>Yukina woke up with a gasp. ONIISAN!!

Yuusuke: RA TILT!
Hiei: [frowns]
Kurama: [softly] Something wrong?
Hiei: Well… When you said that you thought Yukina already knew.
Kurama: Yeah?
Hiei: How did you suppose that?
Kurama: Just a feeling I got. Why? [smiles slightly] Do you think she knows?
Hiei: [shrugs] Not sure. If she did, why didn’t she say anything sooner?
Kurama: Maybe she was waiting for you to say it yourself.
Hiei: Hn.

>She took deep breaths to calm herself. She'd had a horrible dream about Hiei.

Koenma: Then she meditated on it before telling the other Masters.
Yuusuke: [Yoda] Begun the Clown war has.
Kuwa: Do you have something against clowns this fic?
Yuusuke: [shrugs] Dunno.

>In the dream, Mukuro had a new heir, a Koorime, who caught Hiei and killed him.

Kurama: Foreshadowing…
Koenma: Don’t you just love prophetic dreams?
Yuusuke: Good thing she’s not a Skywalker. They always go off and do something stupid afterwards.
Hiei: They do that anyway. It’s hereditary.

>It can't be true... she thought desperately. The Koorime never leave the city!

Yuusuke: I don’t do homework, and look what happened in the last fic.
Koenma: [pets his hair]

>Still, she could not supress a terrible foreboding feeling.

Koenma: One hint on future chapters was quite enough, story.
Kurama: *Suppress*…
Hiei: Shh. [kisses him again]

>Yukina got up, knowing that she would not be able to fall back to sleep and began to clean the temple, trying unsuccessfully to get her mind off of the issues of the past few days.

Kurama: And, since we’re starting on chapter six, the audience will not be privy to what those issues may be.
Yuusuke: Good. Saves time.

>* * *

Yuusuke: [flips off the text]

>Kurama awoke with a start.

Kurama: Because I’d hate to break away from a seeming parallel.
Yuusuke: Don’t be like the other clones, Kurama. Express yourself. Be different.

>"Hiei?" he called, opening his eyes and looking beside him, where the fire demon usually slept.

Yuusuke: And instead saw a horse’s head.
Koenma: You’ve pissed off Hiei fans for the last time, Kurama-clone!
Kuwa: I thought we liked this clone.
Hiei: *We* don’t like any of them.
Yuusuke: Only the real one matters?
Hiei: [leers at Kurama] Oh yeah.
Kurama: [smiles back]

>Then he remembered that Hiei was gone. A single tear slid down the kitsune's cheek. He's gone...
>The redhead rose, vaguely realizing that it was still pitch-black outside; the dawn hadn't yet fallen.

Koenma: Shouldn’t that be risen?
Yuusuke: You could ask Kurama, but he’s otherwise occupied.
Kuwa: Dare you to start making sucking noises.
Yuusuke: Vacuum cleaner.
Koenma: “She slipped me her tongue!”

>He was wide awake, even though he knew that his body was exhausted.

Yuusuke: Too much caffeine before bed, honey?

>I won't sleep until I've talked to Hiei... he realized. Kurama left his apartment and headed toward Yukina's, knowing that he was not going to get a warm welcome.

Koenma: The shotgun she pointed at his face proved it.
Yuusuke: Well, the rabbit suit didn’t help.
Kuwa: Rabbit?
Yuusuke: Well, if Hiei’s Alice, then…
Kuwa: Oi.
Kurama: [murmuring in Hiei’s ear] Eat me, Dragon…
Hiei: Later.
[So no one’s thinking that I’ve become a total Hentai, I’m referring to the “eat me” “drink me” thing in Alice in Wonderland.]

>The kitsune reached the temple as the sun was rising above the horizon. Yukina was already up, tending the garden. She felt his ki and whirled around.

Yuusuke: Pitchfork in hand.
Koenma: Shovel.
Yuusuke: [Shiori] The reason for her flower bed, was to hide her brother’s ex dead. [Shiori in Utena, not Kurama’s mother.]

>"What do you want?!" the Koorime growled angrily. "Haven't you done enough damage?!"

Kuwa: Wow…
Yuusuke: Kitty has claws.
Kuwa: [hits him] Well, she’s as cute as a kitten.
Yuusuke: [scowling at him, rubbing his head and leaning against Koenma some more]

>Kurama looked away. "I need to speak to Hiei. Where is he?" As he had neared the temple, the redhead had realized that Hiei's ki was not in the vicinity.

Yuusuke: [yawns] I can’t wait until we’re not in the vicinity of this *fic*…
Koenma: Mm.
Kuwa: Stupid Meikai.
Yuusuke: Well, by the looks of things, their plot was unsuccessful.
Kurama: [with Hiei sucking on his throat now] Way unsuccessful…
Yuusuke: Score for the good guys?
Koenma: [smiles] About time.

>Yukina flinched. "Not here," she said softly, almost to herself. Her head snapped up and she glared at him. "Not that it's any of your business!!"

Kuwa: Well, after being an idiot and letting Hiei think he was going to marry someone else, can you really blame her for getting mad?
Yuusuke: Hell, I’d be beating him up.
Hiei: [growls]
Yuusuke: [nervously] Just speaking hypothetically!
Hiei: Hn. [goes back to Kurama’s neck, looking rather possessive]

>Kurama touched a rose from a vine hanging overhead on a trellis. It burst into bloom as he touched it.

Yuusuke: [hums Sadame again for a bit before Hiei kicks him]

>"I told my parents the truth. That I'm...that I love Hiei. I'm not marrying Tesia.

Yuusuke: Who will be shot by Yaoi fan girls on site.
DT’s voice: Yeah! We take no prisoners!
Koenma: You again?!
Chrissy’s voice: Ano… As we were leaving, we heard about your little problem. We decided to stay and see if we could help Botan and your ogres find the culprit.
DT: It was Giaki, by the way.
Kuwa: That little worm!
Koenma: Guess that clinches it. He was working for Rando willingly.
Kurama: Kind of thought so anyway.
Hiei: Have you gotten the door fixed yet?
Chrissy: Sorry!
Botan’s voice: We’re working on it, guys. Promise!
DT: Just entertain yourselves for a few minutes. If all else fails, George says the doors should open automatically when the fic’s over.
Koenma: [sighs] Fantastic. Need to hire someone to repair that thing now…
Yuusuke: [kisses his cheek]

>I never was going to."
>"Whatever." Yukina was silent for a moment. "What did they say."

Kurama: Needs question mark.
Yuusuke: [would make a remark on Yukina-clone’s grumpiness, but is afraid of being seriously maimed by Hiei and Kuwabara]

>"They disowned me..." Kurama murmured. He flashed Yukina a weak half-smile. "Not that it matters."

Yuusuke: Life sucks, nothing matters, I don’t want to pilot 01...
Hiei: [in Kurama’s ear] You would look wonderful in a plug suit, Imp.
Kurama: My… [giggles]

>"I don't believe you."

Koenma: [Joel] I love you, Crow.
Yuusuke: [Crow] You’re not my real father!
Kurama: Random, guys.

>"Then call. I'll give you the number." He paused. "I would recommend keeping the receiver away from your ear though." He was not trying to be amusing.

Yuusuke: He didn’t have to be, he was that funny.
Kurama: Heh.

>Yukina sniffed.

Koenma: Why? He just smells stereotypically of roses.
Hiei: Oi. I like that smell.
Kurama: [nuzzles his neck] You’re not bad yourself.
Hiei: Imp…
Yuusuke: You think they’re permanently in heat?
Koenma: Seems that way.

>"I will call. Then you won't be able to lie to me!" They entered the temple. Yukina dialed the number that Kurama told her.

Yuusuke and Koenma: [singing] Eight six seven five three oh ni-ine…

>"Hello. Is Kur...er...is Minamino Shuuichi there?"
>The Koorime yanked the receiver away from her ear.

Yuusuke: Well, with the tongue coming out of it, who could blame her?
Kuwa: Ew, Urameshi.

>Kurama could hear his stepfather's ranting word for word. "NO PERVERTED FREAKS ARE HERE!! THAT GAY-"

Yuusuke: See? Bad Slayers fic.
Koenma: It’s mainly because Lina yells a lot.
Yuusuke: Yeah.

>Yukina slammed the telephone receiver down, and looked at Kurama. "I'm sorry..."

Yuusuke: For hanging up on them?
Koenma: That is a bit out of character, if you think about it.
Kuwa: Well, the asshole was yelling at her.
Yuusuke: Can’t really blame her for it.
Kuwa: No.

>Kurama didn't look at her. "Where is Hiei?"

Yuusuke: [Yukina] Well, if you look for him in this funny book…
Koenma: [thinks] Waldo?
Yuusuke: [shrugs] It was either that or Carmon SanDiego, and I didn’t feel like singing.

>"He went to the Makai..." Yukina whispered. "I tried to stop him but..." She trailed off.
>Kurama glanced at her. "Why did you want to stop him? He has the right to go to the Makai."

Yuusuke: If you stopped angsting for five minutes, maybe you can hear about the trouble the demon you supposedly love has gotten himself into.
Koenma: You said it. Bishounen Angst Waves.
Yuusuke: Is it lunchtime? I feel hungry.
Koenma: We’ll get something to eat in a minute.
Yuusuke: Cool.
Kuwa: *If* the doors open.
Hiei: If those three don’t mess up the doors even more than Giaki.
Yuusuke: [smirks] We could always blow our way out.
Hiei: [follow suit] Sounds like a plan.
Botan: Er, guys? Could you save that as a last resort?
Chrissy: Please?
DT: Why not just let them blow it up? They’re obviously bored.
Chrissy: I don’t want to be blamed for property damage around here. We’ll wake up one morning and Koenma-chan will have sent us a repair bill, watch.

>Yukina swallowed hard. "He gave up heirship to Mukuro's territory when he was in the Makai last time. She wasn't too happy, and hehad to fight his way out of the Makai. He heard before he managed to leave that she appointed an heir that wants him dead. But he went back to the Makai anyway..."

Hiei: And why doesn’t Kurama know about this?
Kurama: [frowns, holds Hiei a bit tighter] Put space between ‘hehad.’
Hiei: You can keep imagining me in a dress if it makes you feel better.
Kurama: [smiles] Hmm… Rose Bride dress.
Hiei: Hn. I don’t like all that red. Make it the gown from the movie.
Kurama: That one’s pretty. [And with the slit in the front, it’d be easier to lift up and for him to… You know.]
Hiei: [smirks] But you have to wear a duelling uniform.
Kurama: [smiles back]
Koenma: [whispers to Yuusuke] They’re going to inspire more crossovers.
Yuusuke: [same] Let them have their fun.

>Kurama paled. "I have to find him," he whispered.

Yuusuke: [whispers] Look in the garden!
Koenma: Wrong brother and sister.
Yuusuke: [grimaces] Yeah. Hiei is *so* much cooler than Akio.
Kurama: More honorable.
Yuusuke: Less incestuous.
Hiei and Kuwabara: Ick.

>"I understand," Yukina said softly. She pulled her tear gem over her head. "Give this to him when you find him. Tell him I want him to come home..."

Kurama: Should probably specify that the tear gem is on a necklace around her neck… It just sounds weird to me like that.

>"Hai, Yukina-san." Kurama pulled the tear gem over his head. "I'll bring him home."

Yuusuke: Go get him, Lassie!
Hiei: What?
Kurama: Ignore him. He enjoys his randomness.
Yuusuke: [smiles] Yup.

>He left, heading quickly toward the portal that led to the Makai, hoping desperately that he could keep his promise.

Kurama: [singing] ...and heroically stripping her down until she's bare, /like the roses whirling in freedom. /But even if the two of us should be separated, /I swear to you, I will change the world! [Rinbu Revolution; translation may be off…]
Hiei: [kisses him]
Yuusuke: [Anakin] I will come back and free you, mom. I promise.
Koenma: [coughs]
Yuusuke: Well, he did unbind her hands.
Koenma: Yeah.

>~*~
>Gomen for the short delay, minna. I've been a bit...preoccupied. But here is Chapter...Six, I think. *scrolls up* Yeah, six. *yawns* Ooookay...oyasami nasai minna-san. Ah ahm sooo tahrd...Anna goa bed...Ni' ni' *face falls onto the keyboard and earthshattering snores can be heard by the entire universe*

Yuusuke: [Arthur] Did you hear that?
Koenma: [Ford] Hear what?
Kurama: [Haruka] Is that the Silence? [Referring to the first episode in Sailor Moon S]
Kuwa: [bored] Can we leave now?
[daylight enters the theatre as the doors slide open]
Hiei: Yes. [grabs Kurama and leaves]
Kuwa: [exits after them] See you later, Urameshi, Koenma.
Yuusuke: Yeah. [gets up and stretches]
Koenma: [smiles, watching him]
Yuusuke: [blushes] Let’s go eat.
Koenma: ‘kay.


- Ningenkai -

Hiei stroked Kurama's hair thoughtfully as they lounged on the couch. He'd half-expected the fox to drag him to the bedroom as soon as they'd gotten home, but that hadn't happened. Instead they'd napped, not even bothering to go upstairs. Kurama was still asleep, but Hiei didn't mind. He liked to watch the youko sleep, and didn't even mind that he was smushed against the back of the couch.

Hiei couldn't help worrying. Kurama hadn't said much in the Reikai, even when they'd caught Giaki. He understood why Kurama was upset. He was worried that his family really would reject him if they knew that he had a male mate, just as Hiei was afraid that Yukina would reject him if she knew he was her brother. He shook his head, trying to force that out of his mind.

The fire demon didn't know how to deal with what had happened that morning. He wasn't ready for her to know, and it seemed possible that she already did, and had for a long time. How could he make up for lying to her like he had?

"Are you okay?" Kurama's voice startled him. The redhead looked worried. "You look upset. Is something wrong?"

Hiei looked away and pulled Kurama closer, resting his head on the fox's shoulder. "You know how you keep saying that Yukina probably already knows that I'm her brother?"

Kurama turned his head slightly, but Hiei didn't move. "Yes . . ."

"I'm . . . starting to think you're right."

Kurama pulled away and frowned at him. "What happened?"

Hiei leaned against the fox's chest, and Kurama took the hint and hugged him. "When I went to the temple this morning, she didn't know we were back . . . She started to say something, then stopped herself . . . She said 'onii.'"

Kurama drew in a sharp breath, and gently rubbed Hiei's back, holding him tighter. "That's not necessarily a bad thing, Dragon."

Hiei shook his head. "Imp . . . I lied to her. I told her I didn't find her brother. I tell her that every time she asks. How can I explain that to her?"

The redhead pulled away slightly and traced Hiei's lower lip with his thumb before kissing him gently. "Hiei, if she knows, she's known for a while. Why didn't she say anything to you?" Hiei's eyes widened, and he opened his mouth to speak, but Kurama kissed him again, this time lingering before pulling away again. "I'd say that she either feels the same way you do, or she's waiting for you to be ready, to find her brother in here," he said softly, placing his palm over Hiei's chest.

Hiei bit his lip, shuddering lightly. He fought for control over his emotions. "I don't know what to do, Imp. Tell me what to do . . ."

Kurama shook his head, caressing Hiei's cheek. "I can't tell you what to do, Dragon. It's your decision to make." He kissed the fire demon again, disconcerted to see Hiei so upset. "If you do decide to tell her, I can be with you if you need me."

Hiei buried his face in Kurama's chest and shook his head. "I can't. I'm . . . afraid. I'm a coward . . ." He shook his head again. "I'm just not ready to face her."

Kurama hugged him tightly. "It's an open offer, Hiei. When you are ready . . . I'll always be here for you."

"Thank you . . ." They lay like that in silence until the fire demon pulled away to look at Kurama. "What if your mother knows?" he asked tentatively.

Kurama stiffened, not having expected the question. "She can't know," he answered automatically. Then he shook his head, forcing himself to relax a bit. "About me, or about us?"

Hiei winced. "Either. Or both."

Kurama pulled Hiei close, shivering a bit, and smiled slightly as Hiei raised his body temperature in response. "I don't know, Hiei. I've lied to her, too, and for a long time." He sighed. "I just wish she'd tell me if she does know."

Hiei nodded. "I wish Yukina would tell me, too."

"I know." Kurama nuzzled Hiei's head with his own, kissing his ear and breathing deeply the scent of his hair. Then he yawned and checked the clock. It was getting pretty late. He smirked at Hiei, sliding his hands down the fire demon's back and under his clothing to cup his rear. "Shall we go to bed, Dragon?" His voice was low and suggestive.

Hiei smirked. "Only if you're going to finish what you started this morning."

Kurama leaned in close, nipping Hiei's earlobe lightly. "It's a promise. And I'm going to get the locks changed so next time we don't have to move." He punctuated that by pushing his hips forward slightly and rubbing them against Hiei's, then smirked as the fire demon blushed lightly. Then he got up, lifting Hiei with him and carrying him to their bedroom.


There will be a Easter Episode… Soon, hopefully.