Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Enma's Torment Theatre ❯ Déjà Vu All Over Again ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Enma’s Torment Theatre: Season Two
Episode Twenty-Three: Déjà Vu All Over Again
Story: The Fox Cub and the Fire Demon Baby
Story by: Hikari and Rose Thorne
Msted by: Rose Thorne and Chrissy Sky

Notes: Okay, Slayers!newbies, quick review on Xellos. His favorite saying is, “That is a secret”. AKA “Sore wa himitsu desu”. (Note the desu. Even while being annoying, he has to be so damn polite. Never knew politeness could be used in annoyance… But that’s Xellos for you.) That’s also why he adds -san to all their names. His politeness is… mind boggling.

- Ningenkai -

Kurama woke to the phone ringing. He reached blindly for it and picked up the receiver, barely awake. "Moshi moshi."

"Kurama!" It was Yuusuke. "Hey, are you okay?"

Kurama suddenly realized that he was alone on the couch, and frowned. He felt Hiei's ki nearby and relaxed. "We'll be okay."

"Good. I was calling to tell you, Enma met the demands and the security was upped. But he-"

Kurama lost his temper. "We're not MSTing. I don't care what Enma wants. He can shove his amusement up his ass." He didn't give Yuusuke time to respond, simply hanging up before the teen could respond.

It was only after Kurama hung up, determined to find Hiei that he realized the delicious smell of fresh coffee and frying eggs was in the air. He blinked, confused, and glanced toward the kitchen. Hiei was standing near the stove, cooking something in a frying pan. The fox was tempted to giggle as he realized that his lover was wearing an apron, but recent events were fresh in his mind. He hadn't expected this from Hiei, not when only last night the fire demon had been so... depressed.

"Are you okay, Dragon?"

Hiei turned, glancing at him. "Morning, Imp. I'm fine."

Kurama padded softly into the kitchen. "Are you sure?"

"Don't worry. Sit down." Kurama sighed and obeyed, sitting at the table and watching Hiei cook. The fire demon seemed... relaxed, and Kurama wasn't sure why. Something had changed. As he contemplated this, Hiei turned off the burner and dished whatever was in the skillet onto two plates, bringing them to the table.

Kurama waited until he had set them down before sweeping him into a hug. He wanted to make sure Hiei was really okay. The fire demon's hopelessness the night before had terrified him, and it was difficult to believe that something like that could disappear overnight. Hiei was putting up a front, and Kurama wasn't sure that was a good thing. "You cooked."

Hiei snorted, relaxing briefly against him before pulling away. "Not well. You were tired and we didn't eat much yesterday, with the MST and... everything else." The fire demon sat beside him and handed him a fork.

The fox didn't try the food in front of him, watching Hiei. "Hiei..."

"There's no use worrying about what no longer matters, Kurama," Hiei said softly. "The person we read about yesterday... doesn't exist anymore. I need to come to terms with the painful things in my past... Including Yukina." The fire demon looked at Kurama, who could only stare back at him. "I... need your help with that. I don't want to be someone you have to take care of like an invalid."

Kurama reached forward slowly and enfolded Hiei in his arms, pulling him into his lap. He was so relieved that he felt like crying. "I'm always here for you, Hiei. Forever."

Hiei smiled at him, leaning against the fox. "I know. You're the reason I can do this." The fire demon kissed him quickly and jumped down. "It's going to get cold if we don't eat it."

Kurama grinned at him. "Hai, hai..."

*

Walking up the mountain, Yuusuke let out a loud sigh of relief when he saw that Genkai’s Temple was still standing.

Kuwabara looked at him in confusion. “Urameshi?”

“Oh, this morning all I kept thinking about is all the taverns and inns Lina’s blown up in the past and, well…”

Kuwabara blanched. “Oh. Well, it looks like everything’s o--YUKINA-CHAN!” He spotted the blue-haired girl coming out the front door and went to meet her.

Yuusuke shook his head wryly and went inside to see how their “guests” were doing. He found Zelgadis Greywoods and Lina Inverse sitting at a low table with his ‘master.’ Lina, as suspected, was devouring a large meal in record time--Yuusuke felt sorry for Yukina having to cook that much, poor thing. Genkai and Zelgadis were both sipping what he supposed was tea.

“Hey, Grandma,” he greeted the old woman, sitting down next to her. “How’s everything going?”

“Thanks to your friend, Yukina has to go grocery shopping,” Genkai informed him around her cup.

Yuusuke scratched his head. “Er. Sorry.”

She smirked at her student. “I was almost afraid of my temple being a pile of rubble by morning. Considering that, the loss of food is preferable.”

Yuusuke coughed uncomfortably. “Well, I was hoping that since no one was trying to kill Lina she wouldn’t… you know…”

“Hey,” Lina looked up from her food sourly, “I AM in the room, you know.”

“Eh, sorry, Lina.”

“S’alright.” She went back to her food. Yuusuke suddenly realized something and turned back to Genkai.

“You’ve seen Slayers!”

“I *do* have a television,” she replied dryly.

“Why didn’t you say anything?”

Genkai sat her cup down and rolled her eyes. “I could smell the Otaku on you a mile off. No way was I going to say anything.”

Yuusuke scratched his head sheepishly. He didn’t think he was *that* bad…

“My, my… What an interesting place,” said a new voice. The four of them looked up and saw a purple-haired, staff-totting particular someone in the room. No introduction was needed.

"Xellos!" Zelgadis cried out. He sounded almost glad.

Lina definitely was. "You-! How did you get here?! Did you follow us?"

Xellos smiled brightly. "Of course I followed you, Lina-san. I would follow you to the ends of the world!"

Lina laughed nervously at that. "Eheh. That'd be kinda sweet if it weren't so creepy."

“So you can take us home?” Zelgadis asked, grinning. Leave it to Xellos to have come all this way after Lina. Following her was his mission, after all.

“Of course, Zelgadis-san!” Xellos closed his eyes and prepared a barrier incantation to protect Lina and Zelgadis while they were in the Astral Plane. Then, that’s when he noticed something that alarmed him.

“Well, it’s been nice knowing you,” Lina said, standing and shaking Yuusuke’s hand vigorously. “Do say goodbye to the others for us.”

“Er.” Yuusuke was still in shock. Xellos the Trickster Priest, appearing in the temple so suddenly, and then to have them all leaving just as quickly… He hadn’t even gotten to show them any movies yet. It was hardly fair. “Yeah. I’ll tell them.”

“Right! Home, here we come!”

“Ano. Lina-san?” Xellos tried to interrupt.

“First thing I’m gonna do is have a huge serving of… something, with Gourry. I don’t care what it is as long as it’s FOOD!”

“You just ate,” Zelgadis pointed out dryly.

“Like I care!” Lina cried and posed triumphantly. She missed Gourry and Amelia and, well, her home world. This place was nice and everything, but it wasn’t where they belonged.

“We can’t go home,” Xellos announced suddenly, frowning deeply.

“WHAT?!” his friends shouted.

The Mazoku nodded. “Just so. The trail I used to get here has completely disappeared. Along with my own tracks. It’s as if someone came along behind me and swept it away…”

“Ugh!” Lina slammed her head against the table.

“You’re all still welcome to stay,” Yuusuke thought to point out, hesitantly.

“Thank you very much,” Xellos said humbly, in his usual cool and jovial manner. Yuusuke thought to introduce himself, and Genkai, to the Mazoku priest. A few moments later Botan showed up and announced that Enma had conceded to their demands--the security around the theatre had been upped. They fetched Kuwabara and pried him away from Yukina, then trudged back to the theatre.

- Theatre -

[Now, going in order from left to right: Kuwabara, Koenma, Yuusuke, Lina, Zelgadis, and Xellos]

Kuwa: [worried] Did Botan say anything about Hiei and Kurama? Are they okay?
Yuusuke: [scratches his nose] No, but... I called them this morning. Kurama said, under no certain terms, ifs ands or buts, they were NOT msting today. And then he hung up on me.
Koenma: [frowns] And we were calling to tell them that Dad gave them time off, too...
Zelgadis: It *did* really effect them. I don't know them well, and even I could tell.
Yuusuke: [softly] Yeah. I just hope they're okay...
Xellos: Ano... Lina-san? What is it that we're doing again?
Lina: Read what comes up on the screen and making fun of it.
Xellos: Oh, MSTing! [claps his hands happily]
Yuusuke: [sweat drops] You act like it's *fun*...
Zelgadis: [catching on] Wait. Xellos... Why do you act like you know what this is?
Xellos: Because I do?
Zelgadis: How?
Xellos: [grins] That's a secret.
Lina: [holds Zelgadis back from attacking the Mazoku] Oh, stop it. You walked right into that one, Zel.
Yuusuke: [snickers, whispers to Koenma] He's even more sing-songy in person.
Koenma: [same] Sure that's not just because he's sitting next to Zel?
Yuusuke: [snickers more]
Kuwa: [overhears them, giggles]

>The Fox Cub and the Fire Demon Baby

Yuusuke: Are *not* in the building.
Kuwa: Lucky them.
Koenma: I think that's better for them, honestly.
Yuusuke: [frowns worriedly] Yeah... I'd suggest dropping by later, but they probably need to be left alone.
Koenma: [nods] That's probably for the best. They know we're here if they need us...
Yuusuke: We've reminded them enough times.
Kuwa: [nods]

>by Rose Nanase

Yuusuke: Who?
Koenma: I have no idea...
Yuusuke: I read the first word and was expecting "Thorne."
Lina: Somebody you know?
Kuwa: We MST her fics a lot.
Xellos: [cheerfully] Flux is my favorite of hers.
All: [stare at him]
Yuusuke: [smirks] Why, Xellos, I never would've imagined you were a yaoi fan.
Xellos: [sweat drops] Er... Well...
Yuusuke: [grins]
Koenma: [cheekily] Is it a secret again?
Xellos: [sweat drops more]
Lina and Zel: [laugh]
Yuusuke: [grins wider] You okay, Xel? You seem a little quiet.
Lina: I've only seen one other person do that. Gourry, when he commented on how *old* Xellos was. [giggles]
Xellos: [coughs uncomfortably] Well... It took me a bit by surprise, Lina-san.
Zelgadis: [grinning] Obviously.
Koenma: [smirks] Well, honestly, maybe we shouldn't be surprised that you're into yaoi.
Xellos: Why is that, Koenma-san?
Koenma: [smirks wider] Sore wa... himitsu desu.
Xellos: [falls over]
Lina and Zel: [laugh harder]
Yuusuke: This is rather entertaining.
Kuwa: Very.

>Authors' Note and Disclaimer: This is an AU Yu Yu Hakusho fanfic.

Yuusuke: Isn't all fanfiction AU, actually?
Koenma: [nods] Probably. This is probably just more AU than normal fanfiction.
Yuusuke: Great...
Kuwa: [groans]

>Chieira [Chi-eh-ra] is mine and Hikari's creation. "The Fox Cub and the Fire Demon Baby" was written spur-of-the-moment by me in an IM conversation as a kind of twist on "The Fox and the Hound."

Yuusuke: How... cute?
Kuwa: If by cute you mean nauseating.
Xellos: [sings] When you're the best of friends...
Kuwa: [shudders] Trust *you* to be a Disney fan...
Yuusuke: [smirks] And trust Zel to be interested by your singing.
Zelgadis: I was not!!
Koenma: [snickers]
Xellos: [blinks at Zel rapidly]
Koenma: [pulls Yuusuke closer] Too bad there aren't any stars yet...
Yuusuke: [stage whisper] I think they'd make a cute couple.
Zelgadis: [sinking down in his seat, blushing] We can hear you, you know...
Yuusuke: [grins unapologetically] Whoops. My bad.
Zelgadis: [sighs]
Xellos: ... Couple?
Lina: [smirks] You act like you've never heard the word before, Xellos.
Koenma: It's meant in the romantic sense, too.
Xellos: [still confused] ... Romantic?
Zelgadis: [darkly] I doubt he knows what *that* word means.
Yuusuke: [rolls his eyes] Because he doesn't read yaoi romance fanfiction.
Xellos: [sweat drops] I know what it means, Yuusuke-san.
Koenma: [sighs] In crude terms, you and Zel need to get it on.
Xellos: [blushes in dawning realization] Oh...
Kuwa: Prude much?
Xellos: But... Zelgadis-san is in love with Amelia-san.
Zelgadis: No I'm not! Why does everyone keep thinking that?!
Yuusuke: [giggles madly]
Lina: Well, it's not like you do much to discourage her.
Zelgadis: [whines] I don't want to hurt her feelings!
Xellos: Mou mou, she does cry very loud....
Koenma: [stage whisper] He's already sticking up for him.
Yuusuke: [same] It's so cute!
Xellos: Irk.
Kuwa: Deja vu again.

>We do not own Hiei and Kurama, but the fairy tale and Chieira are ours.

Yuusuke: And the metal straps we used to keep them from escaping.
Koenma: That's not exactly funny...
Yuusuke: [winces] Well... at least they weren't here to hear it.
Kuwa: Doesn't make it better.
Yuusuke: I'm sorry! [pouts]
Koenma: [kisses him]
Yuusuke: [smiles]

>"Chieira! Be careful!"

Yuusuke: [whoever's speaking] The fic will eat your soul! Get away!
Koenma: [softly] No stars.
Yuusuke: What? Oh, damn.
Koenma: [kisses the back of his neck] Sing anyway?
Yuusuke: [grins] Are we in space? Do we belong? Someplace where no one calls it wrong? And like the stars we burn away the miles...
Koenma: [smiles, kisses him]
Xellos: Eeah! Yuusuke-san, you have a very nice voice.
Koenma: [grins] That's why I love it when he sings.
Yuusuke: [blushes]
Xellos: [smiles] Have you been together long?
Koenma: [startled] It's... been about a year...
Yuusuke: [blinks] It's been that long? Wow... [smiles dreamily]
Koenma: [giggles, kisses him] It feels like it's been forever and... yesterday.
Yuusuke: [giggles]
Zelgadis: [watches Xellos smiling at them peacefully]
Lina: [giggles]
Zelgadis: [notices what he's doing and blushes]
Lina: [nudges him playfully]
Yuusuke: [stage whisper] Oh, he's staring at him? Does he notice?
Xellos: [opens his eyes] 'He' noticed.
Koenma and Yuusuke: [giggle]
Zelgadis: [blushes furiously, growls] Xellos...
Xellos: [blushes back] Well, I did, Zelgadis-san.
Koenma: [still chortling] How cute.
Both: [blush further]
Yuusuke: Looks like it'll take less time than it did with Kurama and Hiei or us.
Zelgadis: We're *not* in love!
Lina: Methinks you're protesting too much.
Kuwa: Deja vu. Again.
Yuusuke: [snickers]
Kuwa: You and Koenma said the same thing, and Hiei and Kurama... Well, they kinda played along for a while.
Zelgadis: [growls] They don't care at all about what we think, do they?
Xellos: I don't think so.
Yuusuke: [cheerfully] We do, but we're looking through your denial.
Zelgadis: I'm not in denial!
Xellos: Well, Zelgadis-san, you are protesting a bit much. And you don't normally screech like that.
Zelgadis: SHUT UP!
Yuusuke: [stage whisper] Funny how Xellos seems to have forgotten losing his cool a little while ago.
Xellos: [twitches]
Koenma: Yes, he's definitely more blasé...
Xellos: [sweat drops again]
Yuusuke: This is definitely amusing.

>The warning came too late, as the pile of books came crashing off the shelf above the little girl's head. She was pulled out of the way, and the books hit the floor harmlessly.

Yuusuke: Uh. Fresh out of riffs.
Koenma: Same here.
Lina: That scenario has happened to me a lot, actually.
Zelgadis: Yeah. Only with an added thick layer of dust.
Lina: And a lot of sneezing.
Kuwa: What, spellbooks?
Both: Yeah.
Kuwa: Does anyone pull you out of the way?
Lina: Nope.
Zelgadis: But then again, a lot of stuff falls on us. Boulders, buildings, each other...
Lina: I'm starting to think it's the Gods' sick running gag.
Yuusuke: [starts laughing]
Koenma: No idea.
Lina: Er... Not you, our own gods.
Koenma: I know.

>The girl looked up, tears sparkling in her eyes, making them look like bright emeralds. "I'm . . . I'm sorry, okaasan . . ." She sniffled. "It was an axsidint . . ."

Yuusuke: [blinks] Emeralds?
Lina: Huh? Where? [looks around quickly]
Yuusuke: [smirks] No, the kid's eyes... They make me suspect something.
Koenma: [blinks at him] Well, they *did* say they wanted to have kids...
Yuusuke: [grins] Yup. One day we'll be uncles!
Lina: Huh?
Yuusuke: Oh, Hiei and Kurama are planning to have children. Eventually.
Lina: .... Like adoption?
Xellos: No, Hiei-san would be giving birth to them.
Lina: Uh... but he's a guy...
Yuusuke: [gives Xellos a strange look] Yeah, well, he's got... reproductive organs.... From his mother's side.
Lina: [tiny voice] Oh.
Yuusuke: [still giving Xellos a strange look] Yeah. It's kinda cute though, if you see them talking about it.
Koenma: [softly] Yeah. [thinking about his father's comment about kids]
Yuusuke: [turns] K-chan?
Koenma: [shakes his head] Just that... my Dad wants me to leave heirs. Reminded me of that.
Yuusuke: Oh... yeah.
Koenma: [kisses the back of his neck]
Yuusuke: [pulls him into a deep, possessive kiss]
Koenma: [returns the kiss, surprised] Yuu-chan...
Yuusuke: [looks down] I...
Koenma: [softly] There are other ways, Yuu-chan. Don't worry about it.
Yuusuke: [startled] What ways?
Koenma: [kisses him] We'll talk later, okay?
Yuusuke: Okay...
Koenma: [kisses him deeply, possessively] I'm not leaving you for anyone, Yuu-chan.
Yuusuke: [smiles brightly] I know.
Koenma: Good.

>Her mother looked at her, voice softening. "It's alright, sweetheart. Next time you want something from the bookshelf, just ask."

Yuusuke: [fiddles with the pacifier idly] There's gotta be at least a Read or Die reference in there...
Koenma: [snorts] She's going to form it into a parachute and scream "Nancy!"
Yuusuke: [snickers] That works.

>Chieira nodded, blinking her tears away. "Hai, okaasan." The little girl sifted through the books on the floor until she found the one she wanted. She lugged the book over to her mother. "Will you read me a story, okaasan?" Chieira managed to pick the book up and nibbled on the top of the leather cutely.

Yuusuke: [Chieira] Mmm. Protein.
Koenma: This has to be one little kid.
Xellos: She's cute!
Zelgadis: You mean the same way you're so cute you have to be evil?
Yuusuke: [whistles] That's a pretty big slip.
Zelgadis: Ack! [covers his mouth]
Xellos: [blushes slightly]
Koenma: [giggles and kisses Yuusuke] Aren't all three of them staying at Genkai's until the brats come to get them?
Yuusuke: [nods] Yup! And they didn't even destroy the old hag's temple. No offense, Lina.
Lina: None taken.
Koenma: [stage whisper] Does Genkai have enough extra rooms, or will they have to share?
Yuusuke: [grins widely] Oh, no. Wouldn't it be *terrible* if they had to?
Kuwa: Not really. They might stop beating around the bush.
Zelgadis: [is sinking lower again]
Xellos: [pretending he's not in the room]
Yuusuke: Denial.
Koenma: Definitely.
Lina: [pats Zel's head] You poor, poor guys...
Kuwa: [stage whisper] Looks like Zelgadis is trying to play footsie.
Zelgadis: [sits up sharply] I AM NOT!
Yuusuke: [whispers] Good lord, this sounds like a recording...
Koenma: [nods, shaking with laughter]

>Her mother smiled and took the book. "Hai hai. Let's go to the special story chair."

Yuusuke: The... special story chair? Should I be disturbed that I got the sudden image of Pee Wee's Playhouse?
Kuwa: Irk. Yes.

>As soon as her mother had settled in the ancient-looking rocker, Chieira was lifted onto her mother's lap. "Which story do you want me to read to you, little one?"

Koenma: [Chieira] The one about the four allies fighting against four beasts in a maze!
Yuusuke: Why did I get the most fucked up sensation of deja vu?
Koenma: Er. Remember the first fic you MSTed?
Yuusuke: The babysitting one...? Oh, yeah! [laughs]
Kuwa: Right! The Hiei-clone told the story of us fighting the Saint Beasts.
Yuusuke: God, I'd almost forgotten about that.
Kuwa: How did *you* remember, Koenma?
Koenma: It was the first one. Just stood out.
Yuusuke: [smiles] That was back before everything.
Koenma: [kisses his cheek] Yeah...
Yuusuke: [softly] I really hope they're okay...
Koenma: [puts his arms around him] They will be. Eventually.
Yuusuke: [sighs and leans against him]
Xellos: [watching them, whispers] They really are adorable.
Zelgadis: [smirks] So, you *do* like yaoi.
Xellos: [sweat drops again] Ahem.
Lina: [giggles]

>"Um . . ." Chieira thought about that for a moment, snuggling into her mother's side. "Oh! The Fox Cub and the Fire Demon Baby! Please!"

Yuusuke: Well, obviously.
Kuwa: So it's a fairy tale about Hiei and Kurama?
Koenma: That would make sense.
Kuwa: Is that a good thing or a bad one?
Lina: Well, it's a fanfic right? So it's bad.
Yuusuke: Or nauseatingly cute.
Koenma: I'm hoping for that latter, personally.

>"Okay." Her mother smiled at her and opened the book. It was filled with hand-drawn pictures that her father had made for Chieira to go along with the stories that her mother knew by heart. The little girl snuggled even closer to her mother, listening in awe as her mother's voice changed to the voice of the storyteller.

Xellos: [deepens his voice] And everyone who went to the tower were turned to dolls...
Zelgadis: [rolls his eyes] Martina and Amelia aren't here for you to scare.
Lina: But his voice does sound sexy when he does that, doesn't it, Zel?
Zelgadis: [sputters]
Yuusuke: [snickers]
Xellos: [opens his eyes] Does it?
Zelgadis: Um... Well...
Lina: [stage whispers] And here you say "yes, you sexy bastard, you".
Zelgadis: [blushes] LINA!
Koenma: Oh, just kiss him already.
Xellos: Well, I hardly think it's fair you're pressuring us into it, Koenma-san.
Zelgadis: Yeah---WHAT?!
Koenma: [smirks] As if you two really need the pressure.
Zelgadis: There is NO pressure!
Xellos: [rubs his staff against Zelgadis' leg]
Zelgadis: ACK! DON’T DO THAT!
Yuusuke: Well, I'm pretty sure this is what K-chan meant when he said he's not surprised you're into yaoi.
Xellos: [frowns] Was I that obvious?
Lina: Well, you did enjoy teasing Filia a lot, but I could tell that never would've worked out. You probably would've killed her while she slept.
Xellos: [twitches] Speak not of the golden dragon, Lina-san. Please.
Yuusuke: [snickers]

>"Once upon a time, in a place far, far away, there was a little fox. He was an orphan fox, but his mother had known when her time to go into the Reikai was coming, and she had found a good home for her fox cub before she had died."

Yuusuke: The circus.
Kuwa: [softly] The carnival.
Yuusuke: Oh, yeah! Much better.
Koenma: And the fox and the fire baby rode on the Ferris wheel together...
Yuusuke: And shared a first kiss.
Kuwa: They kissed once before that. It was the second kiss.
Yuusuke: Oh. Right...
Lina: I take it this really happened?
Yuusuke: Yeah! A year ago, it was their first date. We all went to a carnival together, and Kurama won Hiei a little plush toy, didn't he?
Koenma: It was over a year ago. Actually... It was nearly two years ago...
Yuusuke: Yeah... They never let us celebrate their anniversaries with them, though. I don't think they'd say anything.
Koenma: [smiles slightly] Remember, they didn't get out of MSTing because they didn't tell us.
Yuusuke: [nods] Stubborn to the last.
Kuwa: That was pretty funny, though. Kurama was really peeved.
Koenma: Botan said he went off it.
Yuusuke: [snickers] .... I *really* hope they're okay.
Koenma: [softly] I'm sure they are. They just need time.
Yuusuke: [nods solemnly]

>Chieira interrupted, her green eyes, which were an exact match with her mother's, wide and curious, as they always were when it was storytime. Every time her mother began to retell a story, the little girl forgot how the story went, and it was like she was being told the tale for the first time again.

Koenma: Definitely a very small kid.
Yuusuke: I wonder what they're kid is really going to be like...
Kuwa: Probably a terror.
Yuusuke: [snickers]
Koenma: I doubt it.
Yuusuke: Terribly sweet, more like it.
Koenma: And probably spoiled rotten, if Hiei has anything to say about it.
Yuusuke: [giggles]

>"Were the fox cub's eyes green?" The question was asked every time the story was read, making the question and answer a part of the story.

Yuusuke: "We're all part of a... Never Ending Story...."
Koenma: [kisses his neck]
Xellos: [sings] Living inside these dreams, there's so much that's unexplained. Somehow we'll find a way, to start the journey once again...
Yuusuke: [whispers] How does he *do* that?
Koenma: [snorts] He's probably just as much of a fanboy as you are.
Yuusuke: ... No. That's not possible. Nobody's as big a fanboy as me.
Koenma: [laughs and kisses him]
Xellos: [smiles secretively]

>"Yes, the fox had eyes as green as fresh grass," her mother answered with a smile. "As it happened, a fire demon baby with eyes as red as ripe apples lived right next door to the fox cub."

Yuusuke: What kind of grass? Crab grass?
Kuwa: Hiei's eyes make me think of blood. Not apples.
Zelgadis: Yes, but that's hardly a thing you tell a toddler.
Koenma: [coughs]
Yuusuke: [blinks] Oh... They haven't seen your other form.
Koenma: [blushes] And I'd prefer they not see it.
Yuusuke: [kisses his cheek] They won't then.
Koenma: [smiles, kisses him]
Xellos: [smiles mysteriously]
Koenma: [notices] You know already?
Lina: [curious] What?
Xellos: Sore wa... himitsu desu.
Zelgadis: Che. Should've known.
Xellos: Nothing surprises me.
Yuusuke: Then why are you so interested in Zel?
Xellos: What if I said I was more interested in Lina-san?
Lina: Then I'd smack you for leading Zel on.
Zelgadis: [grumbles something along the lines of "bastard Mazoku"]
Yuusuke: We wouldn't believe you, anyway.
Koenma: Nope.
Kuwa: You're way too obvious.
Xellos: [eye twitch] Oh?
Kuwa: Yeah.
Yuusuke: [snickers]
Lina: [smirks] Are we bruising your ego just a little bit, Xellos?
Xellos: My, the text seems to be moving...
Yuusuke: [laughs harder]

>"Wow . . . Just like otousan . . ." Chieira said, in awe, as she always was, by this part of the story.

Kuwa: But Hiei doesn't live right next to Kurama.
Yuusuke: I think it meant the eyes.... I think.
Koenma: Well, he stayed in the tree next to Kurama's house enough...
Lina: He slept in a tree?
Xellos: I've done that.
Zelgadis: Yeah. While you stalk us.
Yuusuke: Yeah. Hiei was kinda... homeless for a while, I guess you could say.
Zelgadis: It's not like we have homes either, Lina.
Lina: I didn't mean anything by it! Sheesh.

>"The fire demon baby and the fox cub met quite by accident, but their meeting sparked a deep friendship. They told each other everything, and they played all the time. Just being near the fire demon baby made the fox cub happy, and the fire demon baby was happy just being near the fox cub."

Yuusuke: [smiles] You know... I think it would've done good for them to read this one. For a change.
Koenma: I think it's better for them that they're staying away from the theatre for a while...
Yuusuke: I know, I know... But that part would've given them the warm fuzzies for sure.
Kuwa: Yeah.
Zelgadis: Warm fuzzies?
Yuusuke: Yeah, you know, that warm feeling you get when you're really touched by something.
Zelgadis: Oh... [softly] It's not like I get a lot of *those* anymore.
Lina: [snorts]
Xellos: Poor Zelgadis-san...
Zelgadis: [shifts uncomfortably] Shut up.
Yuusuke: [curious] Why?
Zelgadis: [glares] I'm hardly a prince. Most people are scared of how I look, and what few friends I have are the only people that treat me like a person and not a monster.
Lina: [smirks] Need we point out the obvious? [motions at Xellos]
Zelgadis: [blush] I meant seriously! Not your stupid teasing.
Yuusuke: [blinks] Personally, I've never thought you were ugly.
Zelgadis: [blushes furiously] What?
Yuusuke: Well, yeah. So your skin is made of rock. I've seen worse. Trust me, as bad as you think your rock skin is it could always be worse.
Zelgadis: It *can't* be worse than this.
Yuusuke: [sighs]
Koenma: There are creatures with acidic skin. No one can touch them.
Yuusuke: Yeah, see!? At least we can touch you. [pokes his shoulder to emphasize]
Zelgadis: It doesn't make any difference. It's not like anyone would, or could, actually sleep with me. [blushes] It *would* hurt.
Yuusuke: Well... that you would have to take up with Xellos.
Zelgadis: [flushes] Why would I take that up with *him*?
Xellos: [opens his eyes] I probably shouldn't say this, but love is not always all about sex.
Lina: [smirks] Was that a confession?
Xellos: No, not at all. It was a statement of fact.
Yuusuke: It's true enough. A lot of people love each other and never have sex.
Zelgadis: [glares] What would a Mazoku know about love anyway?
Xellos: As much as any other being I'd imagine. It's just... shall we say, discouraged, among Mazoku.
Lina: [blinks] Why?
Xellos: It doesn't do to fall in love with someone who you might inevitably see die or have to destroy yourself. It does happen, in rare cases, like with Gaav and Valgaav.
Zelgadis: They were in love?!
Yuusuke: [snorts] That was obvious...
Xellos: [smiles] Why do you think Valgaav-san was so mad at us? He wanted to avenge his lover.
Lina: Irk... Well, it's not like I killed Gaav...
[For newbies; Phibrizo killed Gaav, using Lina and company to lure him into the open. Valgaav blamed Lina and Xellos for his death.]
Koenma: But he probably didn't care.
Xellos: Indeed. Such is one of the examples why it is discouraged.
Yuusuke: That must get pretty lonely.
Xellos: [quietly] More than you can imagine.
Lina: So that's why you follow us around?
Xellos: [smiles] Other than my mission? Of course. In all my life, even as long as it has been, I have never met mortals as interesting as you all.
Yuusuke: [softly, to Koenma] Think he gave up on the 'secret' stuff?
Koenma: [same] Well, he didn't actually say what his mission was, but... Maybe just a bit, yeah.
Yuusuke: [same] Didn't expect him to be open like this.
Koenma: [same] Perhaps neither did he.
Yuusuke: [same] Nothing surprises him, my ass.
Koenma: [snickers]

>"The fire demon baby and the fox cub were bestest friends, right okaasan?" This question, too, had become part of the story, as children are supposed to ask such questions of fairy tales.

Yuusuke: Why did Shrek and Donkey have to save the princess?
Koenma: To get the freeloaders out of the swamp.
Lina: Er... Why were the freeloaders in the swamp?
Yuusuke: Um. Long story. I'll bring over the movie sometime. Just... not tonight.
Kuwa: [blinks at him] Not tonight?
Yuusuke: [blushes slightly] I have plans. Sort of.
Koenma: Oh?
Yuusuke: Um, yeah. Can you take Lina, Zel, and Xel home after the MST then come over to my house?
Koenma: [raises his eyebrows] Yeah...
Yuusuke: [blushes] It's nothing serious. Just a... surprise. Kind of.
Koenma: [smiles] Okay.
Yuusuke: [smiles back] Cool.

>Chieira's mother laughed softly. "Yes, they were best friends. However, the fire demon baby's father was a hunter, and he didn't like the fire demon baby being best friends with a fox. He wanted the fire demon baby to become a great hunter. He told the fire demon baby that he could no longer be friends with the fox cub."

Xellos: My, but it *is* taking a bit like the movie, isn't it. I wonder if the singing owl shows up next...
Yuusuke: [stares at him] You're disturbingly into Disney...
Kuwa: Doesn't really surprise me. He *is* really damn cheerful...
Lina: We like to call it "evil genki".
Yuusuke: Still! Singing animals and Xellos?
Zelgadis: [pales] That is frightening...
Koenma: [giggles]
Xellos: [sings] Come on, let's go! Zettai daijoubu. Are you ok? Kitto daijoubu... [his image song]
Yuusuke: [laughs]
Zelgadis: I still don't understand how a being so evil can be so cheerful...
Xellos: Yare yare, I'm not *that* bad.
Zelgadis: Yes you are.

>Chieira started to cry, as she always did at this point of the story. "He's a bad man! How can he make the fire demon baby leave his bestest friend? It's not right!"

Yuusuke: That reminds me of some Hiei/Kurama fics. Where Kurama's mother finds out he's gay and disowns him.
Koenma: [winces]
Yuusuke: [frowns] ... K-chan?
Koenma: Kurama wouldn't take that very well...
Kuwa: [softly] I don't think Hiei would, either...
Yuusuke: Well, I don't think Shiori would be the type to do that.
Koenma: Sometimes you don't know. Not until it happens.
Yuusuke: [winces]

>Her mother hugged her gently. "I know sweetheart. Some people in the world are like that. But not all." Chieira sniffled, listening as her mother continued with the story. "So the fire demon baby was banned from seeing the fox cub. But the fire demon baby loved his friend the fox cub, and he wasn't going to lose his best friend. So the fire demon baby kept playing with the fox cub in secret."

Xellos: [opens his mouth to say something]
Lina: Don't.
Xellos: Mou, Lina-san. You know me very well.
Yuusuke: This kinda sounds hentai, if you think about it.
Lina: [blushes] Well, sure, if you *want* to think about it like that...
Zelgadis: [smirks] Of course, she'd rather be thinking of Gourry like that--[Lina smacks him and he flies across the room]
Yuusuke: [blinks] Wow, I'm glad Hiei never made good on his threat to hit me that hard.
Lina: [waves her hand] Yeah, well, I try not to do it too often.
Zelgadis: [from the ground] Itai...
Yuusuke: [calls back] I'm sure Genkai has some pliers you can borrow.
Zelgadis: [sure enough, his hair is sticking up in all sorts of interesting angles] She does. I borrowed them last night.
Yuusuke: [snorts]
Lina: [giggles] You look even more like a punk rocker than usual, Zel.
Zelgadis: Well, we know who to blame for that, don't we?
Lina: You deserved it.
Zelgadis: [rubs his head, disgruntled]

>"They really were bestest friends!" Chieira smiled, happy for the friends.

Yuusuke: I've... got nothing. Is it nearly over?
Koenma: About halfway through.
Yuusuke: Rock.
Zelgadis: What?
Yuusuke: Not you.

>"Yes, they were," her mother said softly. "But the fire demon baby's father found out that they were still friends, and he was very angry. So the fire demon baby and the fox cub ran away to find somewhere where they could be friends. They went into the Big Forest first, but they became lost. They didn't know what to do. But luck was with them, for the fox cub saw a new fox, and he called out. But the new fox ran like he had not heard them."

Yuusuke: I've seen the movie and, considering that the two foxes fell in love, that's more like good luck.
Xellos: And you were remarking on *me* knowing Disney?
Yuusuke: *I'm* the resident fanboy around here. Me! Not you.
Xellos: Yare yare...
Koenma: [giggles, kisses Yuusuke]
Yuusuke: [leans into him, still a bit sour]
Koenma: [softly] What's wrong?
Yuusuke: [smiles] Nothing. Just don't like feeling that Enma's trying to replace me with him...
Koenma: [kisses him deeply] No one could replace you.
Yuusuke: [beams; fiddles with the pacifier again]
Koenma: [smiles back]

>"Why, okaasan? Was the new fox a bad fox?"

Yuusuke: Is she a good witch or a bad witch?
Koenma: [nips the back of his neck]
Yuusuke: [gasps]

>"No, sweetie. You'll see." Her mother said with a small, sad smile. "But the fire demon baby had been taught by his father in the ways of tracking, so they followed the new fox. The trail led to a fox village, but when they entered the village, they found that the foxes would not come out of their homes. The fox cub asked why, and he was told by the fox chieftain that they were afraid because the fire demon baby was a hunter."

Lina: Reminds me of Zel pouting about Xellos being a Mazoku and not knowing what love is.
Zelgadis: I was NOT pouting! [blush]
Yuusuke: [snickers]
Xellos: [blinks] When was this?
Lina: Yesterday. It was so cute.
Zelgadis: Was not.
Lina: Was too.
Kuwa: Isn't the fire demon baby just the son of a hunter?
Koenma: Yes... But they're probably afraid that he'll grow up to be just like him.
Kuwa: That's not cool.
Yuusuke: Nope.
Zelgadis: [softly] Was not.
Lina: Oh shut up.

>Chieira frowned. "Okaasan, what's a chieftain?"

Lina: [Gourry] Can you eat it?
Zelgadis: [snorts] He'd probably be thinking about eating something else.
Lina: Yeah, but he would *so* ask that. You know he would. Jellyfish brains.
Yuusuke: [softly, to Koenma] I think she missed the hentai in that comment.
Koenma: [same] Well, she does have a problem admitting her feelings for him in the show... I'd imagine it was true in real life.
Yuusuke: [same] Well, Zel's probably lucky. She'd've smacked him across the room again if she caught it.
Koenma: [snickers] Again.
Yuusuke: [snickers]

>"A chieftain is a leader," her mother explained, still using the storytelling voice, for this, like all of the other things that Chieira had asked, had become part of the story. "They told the foxes their story, but it did not convince them. The fox chieftain said that the fox cub could stay, but the fire demon baby would have to leave, for he was not welcome. The chieftain told the fox cub that a fox could never be friends with a hunter, and that, if the fox cub stayed in the fox village, he could never see the fire demon baby again."

Yuusuke: Ouch.
Zelgadis: [looks over at Xellos] For crying out loud... The bastard went to sleep!
Yuusuke: He's lucky we're not on the satellite anymore...
Zelgadis: Why?
Yuusuke: Fucking Randy used to electrocute us when we weren't reading.
Zelgadis: [darkly] He'd probably enjoy it...
Xellos: 'm not a masochist... [snores]
Zelgadis: [flushes]

>Chieira's lip trembled and she cuddled closer to her mother. "That's mean!"

Yuusuke: Yup. Throwing someone out on an assumption generally is.
Koenma: I'm *definitely* glad they aren't here to read this. If just for this one part. After yesterday, who knows what they would've done...
Kuwa: Another theatre bites the dust...
Koenma: That's not funny.
Yuusuke: [smiles] I don't think it was meant to be, K-chan.
Koenma: [nibbles on his neck]
Yuusuke: [gasps, kisses him]
Zelgadis: [looks at them and blushes]
Lina: [snickers, nudges playfully]
Zelgadis: [glares at her]

>"This made the fox cub angry, and he

Yuusuke: Turned into Youko cub, which surprised the hell outta everybody at the tournament...
Kuwa: And proceeded to kick the ass out of the jerkoff who expected to kill a baby.
Yuusuke: Now that I think about it... Hiei was smirking when it happened, wasn't he?
Koenma: He probably expected it.
Yuusuke: You know... that would be a good birthday present for them...
Lina: What would?
Yuusuke: Fruit of Past Life.
Koenma: And that's a long story, one suited for another time.
Lina: Aww. It sounds more interesting than the one we're reading!
Yuusuke: It is, probably. Though this is a little different than most of the shit we're forced to read.
Kuwa: At least this doesn't spur any homicidal urges...
Yuusuke: Only because Hiei and Kurama aren't here.
Kuwa: Yeah...

>would not leave his friend. So the fox cub and the fire demon baby left the fox village and continued on their way, questing to find a place where they could be friends together without people trying to tear them away from each other."

Yuusuke: "We're going to stay in the world and live together freely!"
Koenma: [smiles, kisses him]
Kuwa: What was that from?
Yuusuke: Maze. At the end when Akira and Mei are about to be transported back to Earth, and they decided they didn't have to go.
Lina: What's Maze?
Yuusuke: .... A show a lot like Slayers, actually. It even had the same screenwriter, I think.
[the theatre shakes]
Koenma: Yuu-chan!
Yuusuke: Irk.
Xellos: [rolls over, onto Zel]
Zelgadis: [flushes deeply, shoves him off] What the hell was that??
Yuusuke: Another Fourth Wall Breach.
Lina: Why do Fourth Wall Breaches happen?
Yuusuke: Well, Kurama and I were talking once, and we jinxed it. Actually, *he* jinxed it, but yeah.
Zelgadis: [still blushing] Jinxed it?
Koenma: Apparently, we can talk about other shows without anything happening, but when we mention our own, there's a sort of... space/time continuum flux... thing. And the theatre shakes.
Yuusuke: Yeah. Other shows are free game, but ours are off limits.
Lina: I see.
Zelgadis: What about outside of the theatre?
Yuusuke: Dunno. Never been outside when one happened.
Zelgadis: I mean, if we talk about our shows outside of the theatre, will one happen?
Yuusuke: Oh! Well, again, I'm not entirely sure.
Zelgadis: Ah.

>Chieira pouted, her heart hurting for the sorrow of the fox cub and the fire demon baby. "No one should separate bestest friends! What they are and where they come from doesn't matter!" She sniffled, tears springing to her eyes at the unfairness of the people trying to stop the fox cub and the fire demon baby from

Yuusuke: Having wild monkey sex.
Koenma: [chuckles] Among other things.

>being friends.

Yuusuke: Like that?
Koenma: They surpassed the "just friends" stage of their relationship a LONG time ago.
Yuusuke: Yeah. Like about a year and a half ago.
Koenma: [nods] On September 26th.
Yuusuke: Hmm... [smirks] Hey. I've got an idea.
Kuwa: Uh oh.
Yuusuke: Let's *really* get them a Fruit of Past Life.
Koenma: [thinks about it] Maybe...
Yuusuke: Some Makai liquor, too.
Kuwa: You could put it in one of those gift baskets, with all the wrappings and bows and stuff. Like they sell for holidays.
Yuusuke: Kurama would like that. Maybe some scented massage oil?
Kuwa: [snickers] Why not?
Lina: Maybe some other stuff, too. Not just sex stuff. Why not candy?
Yuusuke: [sits up straight] Chocolate-covered espresso beans!
Koenma: Oh, yeah!
Xellos: [mumbling near Zel's shoulder] Can use chocolate in sex too... [snores]
Zelgadis: [flushes deeply, bats him away] Perhaps chocolate sauce?
Yuusuke: Ooo. Damn, I need a list...
Lina: [pulls out a paper and quill] Will this work?
Yuusuke: Um. Yeah. I won't ask why you were carrying it around, though...
Lina: I have a lot of pockets in my mantel, okay?!
Yuusuke: [scribbles it down, reciting as he does so] Okay, Fruit of Past Life... Makai liquor... scented massage oil... Chocolate-covered espresso beans... chocolate sauce... basket and ribbons... Anything else?
Koenma: Hmm... What are some other things that they like?
Kuwa: Well maybe some plants for Kurama?
Yuusuke: [writes] Well, if we're going to be in the Meikai anyway, it won't be a problem...
Koenma: Meikai...?
Yuusuke: [shakes his head] Makai. Sorry. Distracted.
Lina: [pats] Well, they do sound similar...
Kuwa: 'Cept they're demon world and netherworld. I don't wanna deal with the Netherworld ever again.
Xellos: Unevi'dable.... [turns over]
Zelgadis: [flushes, shoves him on the floor]
Xellos: [snores]
Lina: [giggles] That was mean, Zel.
Zelgadis: [smirks] I know.
Yuusuke: [giggles] Give it up, Zel.
Zelgadis: [glares] Give what up? I have no idea what you're talking about. [huffs]
Koenma: [whispers] The stick up his ass?
Yuusuke: [laughs]

>"I know, sweetie." Her mother hugged her. "But it seemed as though the fox cub and the fire demon baby would never find such a place, for they were turned away from every town. They were losing hope and become disheartened. The fox cub and the fire demon baby decided to try one last time before giving up and living by themselves in the forest."

Yuusuke: Yeah, but think of the benefits. No neighbors.
Koenma: No one around to hear passionate screams.
Yuusuke: Clearly. [snickers]
Xellos: [rolls over and his head ends up on Zel's feet]
Zelgadis: [pulls his legs up and sits cross-legged, blushing] What's with him?
Lina: [grins] I think he's one of those people who tosses in their sleep. [thoughtfully] Amelia says I do that, actually...
Zelgadis: [rolls his eyes] Somehow I'm not surprised by that. Someone should warn Gourry.
Lina: [blushes]
Yuusuke: Well, considering how you gave poor Amelia a black eye once, he has a point.
Lina: [blushes deeper]
Zelgadis: [thoughtfully] Though Gourry might wear her out enough...
Lina: HENTAI! [smacks him again]
Yuusuke: [calls back at the wall] You should really stop that.
Zelgadis: Ow-ow-ow-ow-ow...
Koenma: You *did* deserve it.
Zelgadis: [sits back down, his hair even more disheveled than before] It's not fair... You can tease me about the stupid priest down there...
Lina: [unrepentant] Now you're just sulking.
Yuusuke: And he's hardly a priest.
Lina: [smirks] Not a real one anyway.
Zelgadis: [blushes]
Yuusuke: Yup. Can't imagine him staying celibate.
Xellos: 'M not a virgin, Ph'brizo-san, stop asking...
Zelgadis: [angry] I'm tempted to kick him.
Lina: [glares] You do and I'll kick you back.
Zelgadis: You're defending him?! Now?!
Lina: He's not doing anything but sleeping.
Zelgadis: [mutters about damned Mazoku]

>Chieira's tears spilled over as she grieved for the fox cub and the fire demon baby. "Don't give up! Don't! I'll let you be friends!"

Yuusuke: [sings] Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends...
Koenma: [whispers] We can be more than friends.
Yuusuke: [giggles]
Kuwa: [snores loudly]
Zelgadis: Another one?!
Yuusuke: Count yourself lucky that he doesn't talk and move in his sleep too.
Koenma: I wonder if Xellos would stop if you wore him out?
Zelgadis: [blushes, growls] The only wearing down we would do is after a fight.
Yuusuke: [raises an eyebrow] *After* a fight?
Xellos: Good fight, good night... [snores]
Zelgadis: [annoyed] I really want to kick him.
Lina: Don't. He probably only hears fragments of the conversation anyway.
Yuusuke: Personally, I wouldn't be so sure that he's really asleep in the first place.
Zelgadis: Exactly!
Koenma: [amused] Besides, there are better ways to annoy him if he's awake.
Zelgadis: [sourly] Like kicking him?
Yuusuke: One-tracked mind...
Koenma: I think he's stuck on physical instead of simply psychological.
Yuusuke: Yeah.
Zelgadis: [grumbles to himself]
Kuwa: Well, that would explain why he's hung up on the sex part of a relationship...
Yuusuke: True... Would Xellos even want a guy like that?
Zelgadis: Like that?! What's that supposed to mean?!
Yuusuke: Someone so hung up on sex that he's not all that interested in emotions or the psychological aspect of a relationship.
Zelgadis: [stunned silent]
Lina: [grins]
Yuusuke: Victory.
Koenma: Weren't you asleep, Kuwabara?
Kuwa: His whining woke me up.
Koenma: I can see how it would…

>Her mother gave her a loving hug. "The place they went to was called 'Ningenkai.' They expected to be told to leave, and to be told that a fox cub and a fire demon baby could never be friends, but something wonderful happened."

Yuusuke: They got caught stealing from the Reikai treasury and were put on parole.
Kuwa: And had to keep the people who had thrown them out from entering the Ningenkai.
Koenma: And had many adventures with their new friends.
Yuusuke: [grins, snuggles Koenma]
Koenma: [kisses his forehead]
Zelgadis: [pokes Xellos gently and, when the Mazoku doesn't move, picks him up and puts him back on the couch]
Lina: That was sweet.
Zelgadis: [blushes] What was? I have no idea what you're talking about...
Lina: Liar.
Zelgadis: [shifts uncomfortably] I just hope he's really asleep...
Lina: [giggles]
Xellos: No, Beastmaster-sama, I couldn't possibly eat anymore... [snores]
Yuusuke: He's definitely faking it.
Zelgadis: [sighs, pokes Xellos' head] Oi. You can quit it now.
Xellos: [opens his eyes and smiles at Zel] [yawn] Eeah, good morning, Zelgadis-san.
Zelgadis: [blushes] Whatever.
Koenma: Sounds like your honeymoon.
Both: [flush]
Yuusuke: Aww, that's cute.
Lina: So, Xellos, who was the lucky guy?
Xellos: What, Lina-san?
Lina: You said you weren't a virgin. Who was the lucky guy?
Xellos: Ah. Yes. About that...
Zelgadis: Yeah?
Xellos: It's a secret.
Yuusuke: [laughs] Maybe it wasn't a guy, either.
Xellos: [chuckles] Well, he was a man at the time...
Koenma: [shakes his head] Another Mazoku, I take it.
Xellos: No, actually. [softly] Though there was that time when Dynast-san got a little too friendly at the Christmas party...
Yuusuke: [laughs loudly]
Lina: Dynast? Dynast Grauscherra, the one who resides in the North Pole, *that* Dynast?
Xellos: Yes, Lina-san. You haven't met him, and... You should probably count yourself lucky. He has a penchant for... anything younger than him on two legs. [coughs]
Yuusuke: [laughs harder]
Lina: And you would be younger than him by a few centuries.
Xellos: Quite right.
Koenma: So if it wasn't another Mazoku, that narrows it down to humans and... Ryuzoku.
Yuusuke: *That* would be interesting!
Lina: [ponders] Hmm... Milgasia said that Xellos was responsible for the deaths of whole clans of Golden Dragons. It's possible that it happened during the War of the Resurrection of the Demon King.
Xellos: Hmm.
Lina: Am I close?
Xellos: Maaaybe.
Yuusuke: At least it's not a secret.

>"What happened? What happened?" Chieira's eyes shone with hope.

Yuusuke: And then they were, with their new friends, forced to read bad fanfiction in a crowded little theatre...
Koenma: Except that they get a break right now so they don't have nervous breakdowns.
Yuusuke: Poor guys...
Lina: Was it someone at The Fire Dragon King's temple where Filia used to live?
Xellos: That I can safely assure you is a no.
Lina: Oh yeah... Wrong place. Okay, so it has to be someone in the Water Dragon King's flanks... Hmm...
Zelgadis: Can we knock it off? I really don't care.
Yuusuke: What's the matter, Zel? Jealous?
Zelgadis: [annoyed] No. I don't particularly care about it. I don't see
why it's interesting.
Lina: [snaps her fingers] Was it Milgasia?
Xellos: [smiles] Right on the button, Lina-san! How did you guess?
Lina: Well, I got to thinking how mad he was when he saw you...
Zelgadis: [mutters] And here I thought Ryuzoku and Mazoku hated each other...
Xellos: [sweat drops] Well, I needed to get the army's strategic layout and numbers for the next day's battle... So I grabbed a bottle of ale and snuck into his tent.
Lina: [falls over laughing]
Yuusuke: Ah. So it was casual sex.
Koenma: I take it you were uke?
Xellos: I *did* end up having most of the ale, now that I think about it…
Lina: [giggles] That makes you sound like a slut, Xellos.
Xellos: [blush] I did not have a choice at the time, Lina-san. I had to do what my master ordered me to do.
Lina: So… she *ordered* you to seduce Milgasia?
Xellos: Not in so many terms, no… But she implied it.
Zelgadis: You couldn't have simply stolen the plans or spied on them?
Xellos: [doesn't look at him] Milgasia-san didn't have it all written down... And it was quicker than spying.
Zelgadis: [snorts] Why am I not surprised?
Yuusuke: Yeah, he didn't look like someone who would last long.
Lina: Obviously he couldn't resist Xellos' charms.
Koenma: Or a "free" screw.
Xellos: [shifts uncomfortably]
Zelgadis: Talk about taking one for the team.
Yuusuke: Not exactly the way I'd want to lose my virginity.
Lina: Well... he *did* say love was discouraged among the Mazoku race.
Zelgadis: That's not an excuse.
Yuusuke: It'd still suck.
Xellos: [silent]
Koenma: Poor Xellos. That must have been pretty demeaning.
Zelgadis: [glances at Xellos]
Xellos: [doesn't look up]

>"They were greeted by many friendly faces, belonging to all different kinds of creatures, who were all friends. They were welcomed with open arms, and their friendship was celebrated.

Yuusuke: Until it became popular to dislike the pairing.
Koenma: [giggles]
Yuusuke: Kurama's still bitter about that. I've never seen him rant that much before... It was kinda amusing.
Kuwa: Well, it was over Mary Sues...
Yuusuke: True.
Koenma: And they *were* pretty bad.

>And so the fox cub and the fire demon baby were filled with happiness, and they knew that they belonged in this wonderful place called Ningenkai. And there they lived happily ever after as friends." Chieira cheered, tears streaming down her face. Her mother looked at her, concerned. "Why are you crying, Chieira?"

Yuusuke: "I always cry at weddings..."
Kuwa: Bet you'll cry at theirs.
Yuusuke: [sheepishly] Uh, well...
Koenma: I probably will.
Yuusuke: [grins] You old softie.
Koenma: [embarrassed chuckle]
Yuusuke: [kisses him]
Lina: You two really are cute... [stage whisper] Think Zel and Xel will ever get to that point?
Yuusuke: [same] Eventually.
Zelgadis: [blushes and sighs]

>The girl smiled through her tears. "Because they found somewhere that they could be together! It's so wonderful!"

Xellos: That oddly reminds me of Amelia-san...
Lina: Oh?
Xellos: Yes. When she, Gourry-san, and Zelgadis-san all started shouting "Life is wonderful!" at me.
Lina: [snickers] Oh yeah...
Yuusuke: [grins] Oh, they can definitely be "together."
Koenma: [snickers] Clearly.
Kuwa: [snores again]

>Her mother hugged her. "You have a big heart, Chieira." The girl fell asleep against her mother, and her mother gently tucked her into bed.
>"'The Fox Cub and the Fire Demon Baby' again, Kurama?" a voice asked from the window.

Yuusuke: Gee. I wonder who that could be...
Koenma: Hiei, obviously.
Yuusuke: Probably listening from the tree outside the whole time. The old softy...
Kuwa: Hiei'd gut you if he heard you call him that.
Yuusuke: Lucky me he ain't here. [grins cheekily]
Xellos: Mou, Yuusuke-san, he can always read the script on the internet later...
Yuusuke: Irk.
Koenma: He'll probably be more amused than anything.
Yuusuke: Yeah, probably...
Kuwa: I hope they're okay...
Yuusuke: Yeah...

>Kurama smiled, tucking his daughter into her bed, smoothing her silver and black hair before standing. "It's her favorite. I know it's your favorite, too, Hiei." He turned and looked at his lover.

Yuusuke: Silver and black? Oh that's cute!
Koenma: Is it in a pattern, do you think, or just streaked?
Yuusuke: [snickers] And does it defy gravity like her papa's?
Kuwa: Wouldn't Hiei be her mother, if he gives birth to her?
Yuusuke: Hmm. Good point... And Kurama, quite frankly, blows a fuse every time someone so much as *hints* that he's feminine...
Lina: Maybe it's not about feminine and masculine?
Xellos: Maybe being a mother doesn't require a specific gender.
Yuusuke: [thoughtfully] That's true... My mom's more like a dad, if I think about it...
Zelgadis: Do you think that because Mazoku are genderless?
Xellos: [smiles slightly] Only unless we make the effort.
Yuusuke: [stage whisper] So Zel will be having sex with a male and a female, or neither?
Xellos: [same] To be technical, neither, Yuusuke-san. I just prefer having a male body, that's all.
Yuusuke: [same] So you... have all the parts?
Xellos: [grins] Wanna see?
Yuusuke: [snorts] Not particularly. I was asking on Zel's behalf.
Xellos: My...
Zelgadis: I don't WANT to know.
Yuusuke: You're a bad liar.
Zelgadis: [grumbles]
Xellos: [slightly amused at the Chimera's behavior]
Lina: It's cute, really!
Xellos: [smiles cheerfully] No cuter than normal, though.
Zelgadis: [blushes] What?!
Xellos: [pokes Zel's ear] I'm sure you heard me.
Zelgadis: [his ears turn red] Don't do that!!
Xellos: [innocently] Do what? This? [pokes again]
Yuusuke: [starts laughing] He looks like he's gonna explode!
Zelgadis: [weakly] Stop!
Xellos: But they're so cute...
Lina: [giggling] You'd better stop, Xel. He's going to freak out if you push him much more.
Xellos: Mou ne. You're probably right, Lina-san. [backs away]
Zelgadis: [relaxes slightly]

>The redhead hugged his lover as they left their daughter's room. "You inspired me, itooshi." He kissed the diminutive sanjiyan's hair. "And you drew those beautiful pictures to go with the stories."

Kuwa: Hiei draws?
Yuusuke: The guy never ceases to surprise people.
Koenma: [yawns] Probably OOC.
Yuusuke: Still.
Xellos: It does take quite a bit of precision to wield a sword masterfully. Were he to apply his skill to the pen...
Lina: Does that mean you can draw too, Zel? I mean, I've seen you do some artistic things before... Sculpting, playing guitar...
Zelgadis: [shrugs] I've never tried it.
Xellos: [smiles] You should, Zelgadis-san.
Zelgadis: [grumpily] Why do you care?
Xellos: One should know all the talents that they possess, no matter how insignificant they may seem.
Zelgadis: [shrugs]
Xellos: [continues smiling--but that's not unusual for him though]

>Hiei smiled minutely. "I never saw any use for that skill before meeting you, my fox cub." He turned and kissed Kurama.

All: Awwww.
Koenma: That is rather sweet.
Yuusuke: I'd bet Zel just needs someone to appreciate his artistic skills.
Zelgadis: [sighs]
Lina: [giggles] He doesn't have to look too far, eh?
Yuusuke: Nope... Nearly right under--er, above--his nose.
Zelgadis: Shut up.
Xellos: [decides to keep quiet again]

>Kurama ran a gently caressing hand through his lover's dark hair. "Let's get some sleep, my fire demon baby."

Yuusuke: Uh huh. Sleep. Right...
Koenma: Is that what the kids are calling it these days?
Yuusuke: [snickers] Guess so.
Xellos: [cheerfully] They'd probably sleep eventually. Like, after wearing themselves out.
Zelgadis: [blushes] Do we *have* to talk about this?
Lina: You're such a prude... You can't even stand when Amelia and I are wearing bathing suits!
Zelgadis: [blushes deeper] Well, it doesn't help that she hangs all over me...
Lina: I'm sure after Xellos stakes his claim she'll stop.
Zelgadis: [stiffens] Shut. Up.
Xellos: [frowns worriedly] Perhaps you should leave him be as well, Lina-san.
Lina: [sighs] Fine. He's no fun.
Xellos: He's had a lot of undue stress recently.
Yuusuke: [dryly] We know.
Zelgadis: [tightly] You've been causing most of it.
Lina: [pats Zelgadis' shoulder] Sorry. Easy targets, trigger-happiness, and all.
Zelgadis: [glares at her]
Lina: [smiles nervously]
Xellos: Look, there's the end of the fic!
Yuusuke: Yay! We can get out of here!
Kuwa: And check on Hiei and Kurama.
Koenma: Definitely.
Lina: Can I come with?
Yuusuke: Um. I suppose so.
Koenma: You'll have to dress in modern clothes and keep a low profile, though. Botan probably has something that would fit you.
Yuusuke: Zel, you can probably get in some of my clothes, if you wanted to come. And we can cover your head with a hat.
Zelgadis: [shakes his head] That's probably not the best of ideas. And I need to use Genkai's pliers, anyway.
Xellos: I think I'll decline as well.
Zelgadis: [flushes and glares at him suspiciously]
Xellos: [innocently] Is something wrong, Zelgadis-san?
Zelgadis: [angrily] Nothing.
Xellos: [a brief--very brief--flicker of concern crosses his face, but Zel doesn't notice]

>~Owari~

Yuusuke: [sings] Good bye, so long, now isn't this a crime...
Koenma: No. [kisses him]
Kuwa: [stands and stretches] That wasn't *so* bad. Still glad it's over.
Yuusuke: It was a lot better than the last few.
Xellos: Zelgadis-san, would like help fixing the back of your hair?
Zelgadis: [turns red and stands abruptly] No.
Xellos: Yare yare...
Lina: [softly as Zel moves to the door] Give him some time. Pushing him probably isn't a good idea right now.
Xellos: [frowns after him for a second before disappearing]
Lina: [sighs and gets up, talking to herself] They always pick the worst ways to deal with their problems.
Yuusuke: [follows her] But everything will turn out. Hopefully.
Lina: [doubtfully] Yeah...

- Ningenkai -

Kurama was content to lay on the couch with Hiei on his lap, reading aloud to the relaxing demon. Hiei seemed to be enjoying Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire even more than Prisoner of Azkaban. He had closed his eyes during much of the Quiddich description, imagining, and had been amused by the dragons. They had moved on to the second task, and Hiei was still listening intently.

"The water didn't feel icy anymore either . . . on the contrary, he felt pleasantly cool and very light . . . Harry struck out once more, marveling at how far and fast his flipper-like feet propelled him through the water, and noticing how clearly he could see, and how he no longer seemed to need to blink." Kurama took a sip of water to wet his throat before continuing. "He had soon swum so far into the lake that he could no longer see the bottom. He flipped over and dived-" The doorbell rang, interrupting him, and Kurama hurriedly finished the sentence. "-into its depths."

Hiei took the book from him, marking the page with the cloth bookmark on the coffee table and sitting up to allow him to answer the door. He blanched as he heard Shiori's voice after Kurama answered the door, but stayed on the couch, quickly putting another piece of paper in a random page of Prisoner of Azkaban, which was also on the table. At least then they'd have two books on the table so she wouldn't wonder.

He stood as Shiori entered the room. She smiled at him. "Hello, Hiei-san. I didn't realize that you were visiting." Shiori glanced back at Kurama, who was standing in the doorway. "I was going to see if you wanted to come out for lunch with me. Hiei-san is welcome to come as well."

Hiei shook his head, looking at Kurama meaningfully. "I have to get going anyway. I don't want to impose."

Shiori frowned at him. "Are you sure? It really wouldn't be a problem."

The fire demon nodded. "It's fine. I'm not very hungry anyway." He passed Kurama, who walked with him to the door.

"I'm sorry," Kurama whispered.

"She's your mother, fox. Spend time with her. I... I should go visit Yukina at some point."

Kurama's eyes widened. "I can come with you if it's later."

Hiei hesitated, and then nodded. "Thanks." He quickly put his boots on and smiled. "I'm just leaving for show, Imp. I'm going to get some food. I'll be here when you get back. I'll take a nap or something."

Kurama smiled at him and opened the door. "I'll see you later, then, Hiei." He closed the door behind his lover and looked toward his mother, who was thumbing through Prisoner of Azkaban in the living room. He noticed with amusement-tinged relief that Hiei had put a bookmark in that one. "'Kaasan?"

She set the book down on the table and turned toward him. "I didn't know you had a guest over. I should have called first."

*Not exactly a guest...* Kurama shook his head. "It's okay." He was nervous about Hiei and Yukina. Hiei was settling his past while Kurama hadn't even started to settle the present. He had to tell her... "'Kaasan... there are some things I haven't told you..."

"Shuuichi?" Shiori seemed perplexed.

Kurama sat on the couch and motioned for her to sit as well. "A lot of things, really... And I want you to know them." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "'Kaasan... Hiei's not a guest. He lives here, with me. We're... no longer just friends."

She stared at him from her seat on the sofa. "How... how long?"

"A little over a year. September 26th." He winced. He had kept it from her for a long time. "Things just... developed. I love him, 'Kaasan."

Shiori just stared at him blankly for several minutes, and he watched her silently, not sure what to do. "Shuuichi, I... I'll have to think about this for a while." She stood. "Perhaps we should postpone lunch..."

Kurama winced. "I'm sorry, 'Kaasan."

She shook her head and left the living room, and he heard the front door closed behind her. He stood and walked to the window, watching through the blinds as she got into her car and pulled away from the curb, then silently went to the front door and locked it.

When Hiei came home, he was sitting on the couch, staring out into space. "Imp? Weren't you going out with your mother?" Hiei sat beside him.

Kurama blinked and glanced at him. "I told her, Hiei."

The fire demon frowned. "Told her? Told her what?"

"About us. Our relationship." Kurama suddenly embraced Hiei, burying his face in the youkai's shirt and forcing him to lean back.

Hiei held him, petting his hair. "What did she say?"

Kurama was silent for a while. "That she'd have to think about it." His voice was muffled, but Hiei could hear the agony in it. There were no words he could say that would help in this situation. All he could do was be here for his lover and hope.

They stayed like that for a long time, sitting together on the couch, arms intertwined, until the doorbell rang again. Kurama jumped slightly.

Hiei petted the redhead’s hair reassuringly. “It’s not her.” The ki signatures were strong and familiar. “I’ll get it.”

“Okay,” Kurama said softly, and he slowly let go, like he didn’t want Hiei to get up. Which he most likely didn’t. Hiei gave him another comforting pat before going to the door. Sure enough, when he opened it, there stood their friends. Koenma and Lina were both dressed as normal humans, and the dimension-misplaced girl kept pulling at the jeans she wore, as if she had never worn a pair before. Which she probably hadn’t.

Seeing his grim face, their expressions immediately fell. Hiei motioned them into the foyer.

“Is everything alright?” Koenma questioned.

"*I'm* fine." Hiei sighed. "His mother came over. He told her about us. That I'm his lover."

They were all quiet for a moment before Yuusuke spoke. "What'd she say?"

Hiei sighed again. "She didn't say anything, only that she had to think about it. That's the problem."

Concerned looks swept all of their faces, including Lina, even though she didn't know the situation in full. "So," Kuwabara spoke unhappily, "we came at a bad time, huh?"

Hiei hesitated, and then nodded. "When things settle down, we'll get in touch. Don't worry. We'll be fine."

Yuusuke didn't hesitate to pat Hiei on the shoulder. "Remember, if you need *anything*, we're always here for you guys." There was nods all around from the other three.

Hiei nodded. "I know. Thanks."

Slowly they filed out of the house, and Hiei closed the door behind them. He sighed deeply before heading back to the living room, where his lover was waiting, who immediately pulled him back into his arms. Hiei went willingly.

*

After seeing Lina back to the temple, and staying long enough to make sure Zelgadis and Xellos had arrived safely and to talk to Genkai briefly, Koenma followed Yuusuke’s previous instructions and went to his home. It was dark by the time he climbed up the steps and made it to the front door. He knocked and got no answer. Concerned, the godling frowned and opened the locked door--he didn’t need a key to get in, and made a note to never mention this to Kurama and Hiei, as the irony and hypocrisy would not escape them.

The lights were almost all out, except for the one in the kitchen. Koenma called out his boyfriend’s name and, again, got no answering reply. This whole set up was disturbing him more and more. He decided to search the rest of the house before panicking--what if Yuusuke was just in the bathroom or something? So he went down the hallway to the teen’s bedroom. It was dark, but a lamppost outside the window burned brightly enough for him to see by.

The bathroom light wasn’t on, but the junior god saw the distinctive lump in the bed and his worry left him in a soft breath. He waited for some reaction, but when he got none decided to stay quiet. As silently as he could, he crept into the room and looked around. He had only been there a couple of times with Yuusuke, to get a few things before returning to the Reikai. In fact, a sizable amount of Yuusuke’s possessions were now in Koenma’s living area, he realized with amusement. The teen had very nearly moved in, and yet there were still a few items left here. Some Gundam models--a few escaped his knowledge, but he did recognize Deathscythe Hell right off--flanking the manga. Titles he recognized; Utena, Gundam Wing, Fake, Boys Next Door, and so on. There was a large section devoted to Slayers, of course.

Koenma peered at the bookcase for a long time, eyes wandering over the anime shelf above the manga one--there was some empty spaces on this shelf, as a lot of it was in the Reikai presently--until a soft rustle from the bed made him smirk ever so lightly.

“Um,” said the lump in the bed. “That *is* you, isn’t it, Koenma? Because if it’s my mom, I’m gonna be mortified.”

Koenma chuckled, wishing he could impersonate Atsuko, just to see what Yuusuke’s reaction would be. “Yes, it’s me.”

Yuusuke heaved a loud sigh, saying, “Thank god!”

The godling bit his lip to keep from laughing more. He walked over to the bed and turned on the small lamp. “What in the three worlds are you doing?”

“Well,” his Tantei answered throatily, “take the covers off and find out.”

Blushing merely at the sensual tone, Koenma slid the quilt down slowly. He was greeted with a definite surprise.

There was his boyfriend, lying in the bed naked as the day he was born, cock standing in full attention, blush spreading all the way down to his shoulders, and hands handcuffed to the bedpost above his head. That last part was, needless to say, the most shocking of all. “Yuu-chan?” he asked, not a little baffled. “How ever did you do that yourself?”

Yuusuke tried not to smile to show how proud of himself he was. Koenma was blushing about as much as he was, and by the lamplight he could see that the godling was becoming aroused by the mere sight of him. His ego was definitely stroked; now if he could just get his boyfriend stroking a few other things… “You wouldn’t believe how hard it was.”

“I can imagine.”

“Now get over here and have your wicked way with me!” Yuusuke complained, straining against the cuffs.

Koenma grinned and, standing only to remove his robes swiftly, he joined his restrained lover in the bed. They kissed gently before Yuusuke deepened it; he had been waiting there for a while, Koenma imagined, and returned it just as eagerly until he pulled back. Yuusuke gave a soft moan of protest, tried to wiggle his body closer to Koenma’s, and the taller man stayed him with a hand on his hip, stroking the skin soothingly.

“K-chan,” Yuusuke moaned.

“Impatient tonight,” Koenma murmured.

Yuusuke met his eyes. “I. That is. I wanted you… inside me. You know.” He tried to wave his hand, but of course it was still cuffed. He managed not to blush as he said it.

Koenma, however, felt his face burn. They hadn’t done this before, not in the whole year they had spent together, waiting for a special occasion, as it were. It might have seemed silly or weird to wait this long, but they both wanted to be sure the time was right. Obviously Yuusuke had decided he was ready and had planned this scenario out. Koenma just didn’t have it in him to disappoint his love; especially considering how sexy he looked, tied up like this. He grinned. “That would explain the handcuffs.”

Yuusuke laughed, and Koenma moved down his body slowly, nuzzling the skin, occasionally placing gentle kisses that were met with small shivers along the teen’s body. Koenma smirked; he loved being able to drive Yuusuke wild with such a little thing as a strategically placed kiss. He made his way to the younger man’s bare feet.

Sniffing the skin, he knew that Yuusuke had, again, cleaned his feet before handcuffing himself, just for him. Koenma felt his heart warming at the thought and began to suck on one foot while rubbing on the calf of the other with his hand. Yuusuke gave a soft gasp and the toe in his mouth wiggled slightly. Koenma bit it softly in response, receiving a pleased moan this time.

While he was nibbling and sucking on the rough skin of the foot’s bottom, he was hit with the sudden memory of Yuusuke holding his pacifier between these very toes, having taken it away from him so he could fight Sensui on his own. And he had fought Sensui, to his--Koenma had to stop for a moment, taking a deep breath.

“K-chan?” Yuusuke asked worried, wishing for a moment that he hadn’t tied himself up. He could feel something was wrong.

But when Koenma’s face came up again, he was smiling brightly. “I’m alright.”

Yuusuke wanted to press, but the mouth returned, gnawing gently on his heel and steadily moving upward. Thoughts fled from his mind for the moment.

Koenma concentrated on just loving Yuusuke, pulling his thoughts roughly back to the present. Yuusuke was here, now, alive and wanting beneath him, moaning at his touch, moaning for more. He moved up the teen’s muscled leg, cheek brushing against the coarse hair, and paused when he reached the back of the knee. He sucked the soft skin thoroughly, making the younger man writhe, hips jerking off the bed, gasping his name.

Spreading his legs further apart and up, Koenma positioned himself in between them. He chewed on the inner thigh and his cheek brushed against Yuusuke’s balls the closer to the pelvis he got. Yuusuke moaned appreciatively against even that small amount of friction and jerked his hips again.

Taking pity on his boyfriend, Koenma finally pressed his mouth to the erection, slowly twirling his tongue around the head, teasingly. Yuusuke cried out in approval, yelling his name, which echoed down the hall. Then, in one swift motion, he took the penis completely inside, biting down the instinct to gag as Yuusuke tried to drive further into his mouth. He massaged his slim hips to try and hold him down, then began pumping, licking the underside of the erection like candy. (Only Yuusuke was better than any candy, in his opinion.)

At that moment, Yuusuke could’ve erected a monument in name of his boyfriend, but all he could do was moan, “Koenma, your mouth--!” Koenma really did have a talented mouth, and was slowly driving him mad with it. Yuusuke was sure that was his intention. His hands strained against the cuffs, and his arms ached from the position, but with the pleasure running through his body he hardly noticed it. But he was too close, and there was something they needed to do. Yuusuke almost forgot. “K-chan, I’m close, stop,” he panted out.

Koenma pulled away, chuckling. “Am I that good?”

“No, you’re better,” Yuusuke quipped, flashing a lop-sided grin, feeling the loss of that oh, so talented mouth. “There’s some lube in the nightstand.”

Koenma crawled up the bed, kissing Yuusuke deeply while he was there, and then went to the nightstand. He sifted through the first drawer, pushing aside the underwear and noticing something that made him laugh. “I found your naughty magazines.”

“Oh, geez, just get the lube, K-chan.”

“They look soiled.”

“K-chan!”

Finding the tube, Koenma grabbed it and laughed. “Alright, alright.” He moved back to sitting between his legs, Yuusuke shifting to wrap them around his own. Koenma covered his fingers liberally with the liquid before placing them at Yuusuke’s entrance and pulling the younger man in for a kiss. The first finger went in easily and he rubbed the skin. “Does it hurt?”

“No, just…” Yuusuke tried to think. “Feels kinda weird. Not bad though. Keep going.” He smiled to encourage him.

Koenma smiled back and added a second finger. Yuusuke tensed at the intrusion, but the godling went slowly, waiting for him to relax before adding a third. Yuusuke winced and he almost pulled them back out. “Sorry!”

“No, just keep rubbing,” Yuusuke soothed. His wrists actually hurt more, but he wasn’t going to say anything about that. Eventually the intrusion felt easier as Koenma pumped his fingers in and out, and Yuusuke began to move with his hand, getting a feel for the sensation.

“Better?” Koenma asked, warm breath blowing along his cheek.

“Oh yeah,” answered the teen breathily. “Could definitely get used to this.”

The last thing Koenma wanted to do was hurt Yuusuke, so he waited, continued preparing until he was sure, even though Yuusuke was pushing against his fingers rather enthusiastically now. He knew he’d found the prostate when Yuusuke bucked clear off the bed and cried, “I’m ready, damn
it!”

Koenma would have laughed if Yuusuke didn’t look so damn beautiful right then. He hastily covered his erection with the lubricant and placed the tip at the entrance. He looked back at Yuusuke’s face, meeting his eyes, making sure he knew what was coming, and slowly pressed forward.

Yuusuke tensed again; the penis was definitely bigger than his fingers. But Koenma must’ve seen his face pinch, because he went incredibly slowly. He imagined how hard it was not to just push in regardless, and when Koenma was all the way sheathed, he reached up to run his hands through his brown hair, damp with sweat. They both looked at each other, panting heavily, their chests touching.

“I love you,” Koenma said softly.

Yuusuke smiled. “Go.”

Grinning wolfishly, Koenma did as ordered, pulling out and thrusting back in. Yuusuke cried out and strained against the bindings, back arching completely off the mattress. Koenma immediately felt his senses washed over in pleasure. Yuusuke was so tight, and the godling was sure he saw stars. His thrusts were slow until he could find his rhythm, but Yuusuke’s gasping pleas for him to speed up changed his mind, and he went faster. He tried to angle for the prostate again, but only got it every other try. When he finally thought to wrap his hand around Yuusuke’s erection, the boy didn’t last much longer and came loudly. Koenma did not last much longer himself, with the tightness surrounding him and the perfect form beneath him. He cried out Yuusuke’s name as he climaxed, thrusting in until he was completely spent, and then collapsed atop the teen.

As his senses returned to him, Koenma kissed and nuzzled Yuusuke’s chest lovingly until he heard the half-demon grunt, “The key is next to the lamp, K-chan.”

Koenma looked up at him, grinning mischievously. “What if I said no?”

“K-chan,” Yuusuke whined. Koenma chuckled and laid his head back down. When the teen started to kick him, he decided that maybe he should be more careful when he teased his boyfriend.


Endnotes: There. They consummated. Done for… whomever it was that suggested in the reviews. You know who you are. XD Handcuffs done on request from Yhaun.

Also, I don’t get to thank the reviewers often, but I’m glad most of you seem to enjoy the direction the fic is going, even if you haven’t seen Slayers. It means a lot that you still stuck with it. *snuggles everyone*