Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Enma's Torment Theatre ❯ Twin Tear Gems/Hiei’s Confession ( Chapter 31 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Enma’s Torment Theatre: Season Two
Episode Thirty-One: Twin Tear Gems/Hiei’s Confession
Story: an ironic forbidden love (chapter two)
Story by: vixenia
MSTed by: Rose Thorne and Chrissy Sky

Rose decided we could do another chapter before I left for England, so here it is. Enjoy! ^^

- Ningenkai -

"Dudley scrambled out of the way as Dumbledore passed him. Harry, still clutching the telescope and trainers, jumped the last few stairs and followed Dumbledore, who had settled himself in the armchair nearest the fire and was taking in the surroundings with an expression of benign interest. He looked extraordinarily out of place."

Hiei half-listened to Kurama's even voice as he read aloud from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, relaxing in the redhead's arms. It was a wonderfully lazy day, part of it having been spent with Shiori, who had come to visit the couple, and the other part spent like this.

They hadn't really discussed what had happened the other day, and Kurama's comment about being old weighed a bit on Hiei's mind. He was just about to interrupt the youko when the doorbell rang. Kurama stopped reading in the middle of a sentence and frowned.

Hiei could feel the unique ki signature. "It's Yuusuke. Wonder what he wants."

Kurama gently pushed Hiei from his lap and rose. "I suppose we're about to find out."

The fire demon lounged on the couch while Kurama let the teenager in and led him to their living room. Yuusuke's face was uncharacteristically grave. He didn't sit down. "You don't stop by often," Hiei remarked. "There's not another mission, is there?"

"Not exactly," Yuusuke said softly. "But it's connected."

Kurama exchanged a look with Hiei. "Could you explain?"

Yuusuke sighed. "Well... Enma's been seriously thinking over the comments about girls in the theatre. We're trying to convince him it's not necessary, but he seems pretty set on getting Botan, Hinageshi, Keiko, Shizuru... and Yukina to MST with us." Hiei paled. Yuusuke continued quickly. "And, well, you know that those fics are pretty revealing... I just thought you should know that it might happen."

Hiei just stared at the teenager for a while, in shock. He would have to tell Yukina; there was no getting around it now. Even if Enma decided to back down this time, there could always be a next time, and it might not have warning.

Yuusuke shifted uncomfortably and rose, looking at Kurama, who was biting his lip. "I really just came to tell you guys that. I'm headed to Mom's to visit..."

Kurama nodded and led Yuusuke out, then came back to the living room and gathered Hiei in his arms. There was nothing he could do besides this; everything was up to Hiei.

*

Zelgadis sighed, a tremor running throughout his body. Not for the first time that morning, Xellos took the Chimera into his arms. Zelgadis smiled and clung back.

“She’s gonna be so pissed,” Zelgadis whispered into the Mazoku’s t-shirt. Xellos had been dressing like a normal human--in this world at least--for a while. It was odd, but that wasn’t too uncharacteristic for him.

Xellos stroked the pack of his neck. They stood in a hallway just outside the kitchen. They could hear Lina eating noisily inside. “Remember,” he said cheerfully, “she can’t change it. What’s done is done. And she loves you. She’ll eventually get over it.”

“I have no idea how we’re going to live with her in the meantime,” Zelgadis said as he pulled back, steeling himself. He had faced Lina’s wrath before and he would do so again.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you?” Xellos asked.

Zelgadis nodded. “Yeah. She might just decide to use Dragon Slave on you.”

“If at all possible, I’d like to avoid Ruby Eye’s spell,” Xellos chuckled darkly. Ruby Eye was the Dark Lord Shabranigdu’s title, and the Dragon Slave was a spell that called on His power. Lina Inverse was one of the few people who could, or dared to, cast it.

Zelgadis smiled and leaned up to kissed Xellos’ nose. “I want to avoid it too.”

Xellos smiled. “Well, best get it done.”

“Yeah.” Zelgadis gave another long sigh, looked at Xellos again--at the man he loved and his future--before walking inside to face Lina.

The redhead was devouring her meal with the ferocity of a hungry ogre. “Hey, Zel! Come try these noodles, they’re so great…”

“Hey, Lina,” Zelgadis greeted and sat down across from her. She didn’t even notice his seriousness and therefore did not pause in her morning feast. For such a gluttonous person, she was actually rather skinny. “Petite” was the word she would use. “There’s something I need to tell you…”

“And? Shoot,” she ordered around her food.

“Well… You see, last night, Xellos and I…”

Outside the room, Xellos heard only muffled noises, nothing loud enough to distinguish.

Not until a familiar angry voice shouted, “FLARE ARROW!” and Zelgadis came flying through the wall, hitting the one on the opposite side. Xellos immediately squashed the urge to rush toward him when he saw Lina. Her eyes spelled his death sentence.

“You’d better run, Xellos,” she warned, and began to chant. “Power beyond twilight in crimson blood that flows…”

He recognized those chaos words all too well. “Eep!” Xellos ran.

“…Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows; I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand; Against the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hand. DRAGON SLA--”

“Lina-san!” Yukina smiled and stuffed a forkful of noodles into Lina’s open mouth. “You didn’t finish your breakfast,” she told the taller girl cheerfully.

Lina munched on the food sheepishly. She’d forgotten where she was. “Sorry, Genkai! I’ll, uh, fix that!” She kicked Zelgadis with her booted foot. “Dude, you’re helping me rebuild the wall. Get up.”

On the ground, Zelgadis moaned painfully. Xellos was long gone, with no signs he would be returning soon. But at least it was over.

Watching from the new hole in her dining room, Genkai chuckled around her cigarette. “I was wondering when she’d start blowing up my home…”


- Theatre -
[sitting from right to left: Kuwabara, Koenma, Yuusuke, Hiei, Kurama, Zelgadis, Xellos, Lina]
Yuusuke: How's the construction going?
Lina: Pretty good. At least it's not another dragon castle.
Zelgadis: Which was also Lina's fault.
Lina: [dangerously] I could have switched destroying the wall with destroying you.
Zelgadis: Er. Never mind.
Lina: I thought so.
Xellos: [smiles] I'm sure you both will do fine on the reconstruction again, Lina-san.
Lina: [eye twitches] Except that this time you're helping, or else.
Xellos: [sweat drops] Ah, but see, there are complications with that.
Lina: [too sweetly] Oh, do explain.
Xellos: Yes, well, I'm not exactly good with that sort of thing--
Zelgadis: Xellos. Don't.
Lina: [drops the sweetness] Well, I guess you'll learn, won't you?
Xellos: [sweat drops] Yes, Lina-san.
Zelgadis: [pats his head]
Yuusuke: [softly to Koenma] Whipped.
Koenma: [nods solemnly] Genkai wasn't angry?
Zelgadis: [softly] She seemed to be expecting it...
Xellos: It was pretty inevitable...
Lina: [darkly] What's that supposed to mean?
Xellos: Well, you do seem to be the poster girl for destruc--
Zelgadis: [covers his mouth] Nothing, Lina.
Lina: [glares at Xellos] You don't want to piss me off any more than you already have, Xellos.
Kuwa: Er... What'd he do?
Zelgadis: He, ah, made me immortal last night. But I asked him to.
Yuusuke: He WHAT? Isn't that illegal or something?
Zelgadis: Well, it's not something I'm going to brag about when we get back...
Hiei: Meh. What's done is done.
Xellos: But, that's why Lina-san was so angry with Zelgadis this morning.
Yuusuke: Yeah, I caught that part. Sheesh.
Lina: [mutters almost inaudibly] Stupid... irresponsible...
Zelgadis: Lina, I did think it through. I don't want Xellos to mourn me.
Lina: [loses her temper, stands, grabs Zel by the collar] YOU REMOVED YOUR *SOUL,* YOU IDIOT!
Xellos: Er, actually...
Zelgadis: [glares at him] He refused to take it.
Lina: [blinks, stunned] So you're not immortal?
Xellos: He is!
Lina: But that doesn't work without a pact! How else would you do it if not by removing his soul?
Zelgadis: [still glaring at Xellos] He took something else. But he won't say what.
Lina: [sarcastically] Oh, that makes me feel *loads* better.
Zelgadis: [sighs]
Lina: Spill it, Xellos.
Xellos: [blinks] Lina-san?
Lina: What'd you take?
Xellos: Oh, look! The fic is starting!
Lina: [growls in frustration]
Hiei: [softly] You have a while to get it out of him, if Zelgadis is really immortal.

>Yusuke’s P.O.V.

Yuusuke: [himself] It was a dark and stormy night. I had decided to take a creative writing course...
Hiei: [climbs into Kurama's lap]
Kurama: [cuddles him]
Zelgadis: [glances over, frowns] Did something happen?
Kurama: [smiles] It's nothing.
Lina: [suddenly worried] You're sure?
Yuusuke: Well, it's probably nothing, but...
Hiei: Can we not talk about it?
Yuusuke: [sweat drops] Sorry.
Zelgadis: [concerned] Er...
Xellos: [strokes his arm] Don't worry. They'll be alright.
Zelgadis: [sighs and nods]

>‘Mr. Minamino was a pretty okay guy for a teacher.

Yuusuke: Whoa. Looks like it's an AU...
Hiei: [blandly] Haven't had one of those in a while.
Yuusuke: Hey, Zel. Didn't you test your immortality?
Zelgadis: [blinks] Test it?
Yuusuke: Yeah. He didn't take your soul, so you don't really know if it works...
Zelgadis: But how would we test it?
Xellos: I know how! [stabs Zel with his staff]
Zelgadis: OW!!! WHAT THE HELL!?! YOU MOTHER---YOU TRIED TO KILL ME! [takes the staff out and starts whacking Xel with it]
Xellos: Itai!
Zelgadis: [seethes]
Lina: This oddly makes me feel better...
Xellos: Sorry, Zelgadis... But we DID need to test it...
Zelgadis: I'm not speaking to you. [turns away]
Kurama: [softly] Oh, boy...
Yuusuke: [bites his lip]
Xellos: [seems shocked] Zelgadis...
Zelgadis: [doesn't respond]
Xellos: [disappears]
Yuusuke: Aw, shit.
Lina: Okay, and now the good feelings are gone. You two are crazy!
Zelgadis: [crosses his arms and doesn't answer]

>We learned that he had graduated out of high school early and that he had gotten into one of the best arts colleges in the world.

Yuusuke: Art, huh?
Kurama: Yes, I can draw the most amazing stick figures you've ever seen.
Hiei: You're smart enough to have graduated early, though.
Kurama: [kisses him] I might have, if not for all those missions.
Koenma: [apologetic smile] Sorry.
Kurama: Hardly your fault, Koenma.
Hiei: [lays his head against Kurama's shoulder, fingers the necklaces around his own neck]
Kurama: [frowns, places his hand over Hiei's]
Koenma: [clears his throat, glances at Hiei] I think we convinced Dad not to do it.
Yuusuke: [smiles] Yeah, we said you two would go on strike again.
Hiei: [softly] "Might have." And your father could easily force us into doing it. Remember that I'm only able to stay in the Ningenkai by playing nice with Enma. It doesn't change anything.
Yuusuke: [winces] Sorry.
Hiei: [shakes his head] It's not your fault. I could take it out on you, sure, but it's really my fault for being such a coward, lying to her and hiding it all these years.
Kurama, Yuusuke, and Koenma: [all at once] You weren't being a coward!
Hiei: [snaps] Drop it. [softly] Just drop it.
Kurama: [is terribly worried, but stays silent]
Yuusuke: [opens his mouth to say more, but Koenma stops him]

>He was extremely smart and he just had this aura around him that attracted people like a moth to a flame. Not only was he drop dead gorgeous and smart, but he also had a wonderful personality.’

Yuusuke: And a voice that could make angels weep. We get the point.
Kurama: [giggles slightly, petting Hiei's hair]
Hiei: [smiles slightly]
Kurama: [softly, so only Hiei can hear] I'm always here for you, Dragon. If you need strength, take it from me.
Hiei: [same] I know, Imp. But I need to do this on my own.
Kurama: [same] I know. [hugs him] All I can do for you right now is be here.
Hiei: [same, wraps arms around his waist] I appreciate that more than you know.
Kurama: [just holds him tightly, kissing his forehead]

>I thought as I stared at the new teacher. He was at the moment helping a student with her art which looked more like globs of paint if you ask me.

Kurama: If it's already in his POV, you don't need to *say* he was thinking it. We've already made that assumption.
Koenma: Plus I think it's missing a comma after "art."
Kurama: Yeah.
Yuusuke: Guess that means you're not a very good art teacher, Kurama.
Kurama: [snickers]

>I rolled my eyes at the thought before getting back to my own painting. We were suppose to draw and then paint or color with colored pencil in the people who are most precious to us.
It was a no brainer who was most special to me.

Kuwa: His anime collection.
Yuusuke: [groans] Judging from my earlier adoration of "Mr. Minamino," I'm pretty sure I know who it's going to be.
Kurama: Why, I'm flattered, Yuusuke.
Yuusuke: [sighs]
Lina: I wonder where Xellos is...
Zelgadis: [glares at her]
Lina: [rolls her eyes] Bet you're regretting selling him your soul now, aren't ya? Or whatever it was that he took.
Zelgadis: SHUT UP, LINA.
Lina: [shrinks back] .... Eep.
Zelgadis: [slumps, fuming]

>That would be Keiko and Kuwabara and his sister Shizuru.

Yuusuke: O-kay. I was wrong...
Hiei: Good.
Kurama: Aw, I'm hurt.
Koenma: [chuckles]
Xellos: [appears behind Zelgadis and puts a headband with bunny ears on him] Now you're my Zel-bunny! [slides into Zel's lap]
Zelgadis: [stares at him in shock]
Xellos: [doesn't seem to notice] I brought you something. [hand Zelgadis a wrapped package with bunnies on the wrapping paper]
Zelgadis: [removes the wrapping paper to reveal a tube]
Hiei: [dryly] Moving fast, are we, Xellos?
Xellos: [frowns slightly at Hiei] It's not that. It's a special lotion for your skin, Zelgadis.
Zelgadis: [smiles slightly] Thanks. [kisses Xellos] Don't leave again, you jerk.
Xellos: [softly] Sorry. For that and the other thing.
Zelgadis: [same] Forgiven. It just hurt and startled me. Warning would have been nice.
Xellos: That would have been less fun!
Zelgadis: [shakes his head and chuckles, too amused to be mad]
Xellos: [smiles] I'll warn you next time.
Zelgadis: Er, yeah. Except that we won't be showing it to people when we get back home.
Xellos: [sweat drops] This is true.
Zelgadis: [nods, then pauses] What did you put on my head?
Xellos: A headband with the *cutest* floppy bunny ears! You look so adorable.
Zelgadis: [chuckles] You're a handful sometimes, Xellos.
Xellos: [grins widely]

>The women had bailed me out of more trouble then I could count, plus she and Keiko helped me out a lot with my homework.

Hiei: A *lot* of help.
Yuusuke: [snickers] That’s awfully nice of Shizuru to pay for my bail money.
Kuwa: That's definitely *not* Shizuru.
Yuusuke: More likely she and Keiko would have taken turns hitting me through the jail bars.
Hiei: [giggles] That's actually an amusing mental picture.
Yuusuke: [snickers]

>I carefully sketched the drawing onto the piece of paper in front of me. Keiko was smiling and her head tilting in away that let the sun bless her light chocolate brown hair, next to her I put myself in there with arm around my shoulder and I was wearing my normal cocky smirk on my face, my hair for once let down from the gel, Kuwabara was next to me putting bunny ears on my head while my free arm was doing the same to him, a grin lighting up Kuwabara’s features, next to him Shizuru was heaving an exasperated sigh and her left hand in her hair while the other one was on her hip.

Yuusuke: Look, it's a moving picture from Harry Potter...
Koenma: [giggles]
Kurama: Run-on sentence...
Hiei: All of those are bits of existing pictures, aren't they?
Kurama: [looks at it more closely] Could be...
Hiei: [shrugs]
Kurama: [kisses him] Your eyes are better than mine.
Hiei: [smiles] Yours are more insightful.
Kurama: [chuckles] That's just age.
Hiei: [leans against him, closes his eyes]
Kurama: [cuddles him]
Yuusuke: [watches worriedly]
Koenma: [chews on his pacifier thoughtfully]

>I lightly put in some charcoal into the picture to show off everyone’s features more. We were all standing up in the park, a water fountain behind us, the water shimmering in the sun. It was a nice drawing, even I could admit it.

Yuusuke: Me? An egotist? Nah.
Hiei: [snorts]
Kurama: "You" do seem to know something about art, though. Using the charcoal...
Koenma: Art is an amusing skill.
Hiei: A useless one.
Xellos: Zelgadis can draw!
Zelgadis: Er. I can make maps... It's not really the same thing.
Hiei: Making maps is useful. Art for aesthetics really isn't.
Kurama: [nods solemnly] Yes. There aren't enough artworks of youko.
Yuusuke: Er. You're joking right?
Kurama: [winks]
Hiei: [snorts, kisses Kurama's collarbone]
Kurama: [smiles]

>After the charcoal I started adding colors to the picture. Light ones though. I started with Keiko, from her hair to her black shoed feet. I smiled slightly as I began coloring the rest of the picture. Suddenly I saw a shadow covering my artwork, I slowly put down my green colored pencil before turning to see who was behind me. I had to bite lip so I wouldn’t gasp in surprise.

Hiei: [yawns] Your clone is jumpy, Yuusuke.
Yuusuke: Teenage hormones, I guess.
Hiei: [snickers]

>Mr. Minamino was bent over and looking at my drawing. He had a soft smile on his face and his eyes had a tender look to it. I blushed slightly when the thought of how close he was dawned on me. He was practically inches from my face.

Kuwa: Moving in for the kill...
Yuusuke: Heh. That's usually how he smiles at Hiei.
Kurama: It is?
Hiei: [yawns] Like he's going to eat me?
Kurama: [laughs]
Yuusuke: No. He's got this dreamy look on his face.
Hiei: [blushes]
Kurama: [smiles]
Yuusuke: See? That's the look.
Hiei: [kisses Kurama]
Kurama: [giggles]

>“Um, Mr. Minamino, is there something you need,” I asked uneasily. Mr. Minamino blinked before smiling at me.

Kurama: [himself] Yes. Your missing question mark.
Yuusuke: [groans] It's another Kurama/Yuusuke, isn't it?
Kurama: So I would assume.
Hiei: [tugs a bit of Kurama's hair] Mine.
Kurama: [slightly surprised] Always. [licks his forehead]
Hiei: [gasps, closing his eyes and leaning against Kurama]
Kurama: [grins]

>“Oh sorry Yusuke, I just couldn’t but be intrigued by your painting, its quite beautiful, your very talented, I don’t believe I have seen someone draw so well before, and the coloring is superb, are you going to become an artist when you get older?” The teacher asked.

Yuusuke: [himself] Yeah, I love drawing stick figures!
Hiei: [snickers]
Kurama: Er. If I'm supposed to be an art teacher, should I have seen good drawings before?
Koenma: It's also missing "help" after couldn't.
Kurama: And a few periods. Why do I always have to sound like fanon Duo Maxwell?
Yuusuke: It's the hair, probably.
Xellos: [cheerfully] Isn't your supposed to be the conjunction of you are, as well?
Koenma: Yeah. It should be "you're".
Hiei: [rolls his eyes, to Zelgadis] Now your boyfriend's becoming one of the grammar nazis.
Zelgadis: [blinks] But he's right.
Hiei: [snickers]

>I blinked, surprised. No one had ever praised my art work before, and I don’t think anyone has ever questioned what I wanted to be when I grew up. I then blushed.

Yuusuke: [himself] Because being a super hero doesn't sound as cool as it did when I was five...
Kuwa: Er. Isn't that kind of what we are now?
Hiei: [very softly] I wouldn't be so sure about the super part.
Kurama: [laughs] And 'hero' could be debated.
Hiei: Well, we're definitely not heroes to most youkai, and too few humans know enough for us to be considered heroes to them.
Lina: Well, it could be worse. The whole world could know what you've done but still think your bad guys.
Zelgadis: [smirks] She speaks from experience.
Lina: [grumbles]

>“I don’t know, never really thought about it before,” I said, slightly looking around. People were staring at me.

Yuusuke: [himself] But that might have been because sensei was hitting on me.
Koenma: [giggles] Role-playing something like that might be fun...
Kurama: [smirks as he remembers something]
Zelgadis: [chokes slightly] THAT's what role-playing is??
Xellos: [giggles] Yes!
Zelgadis: What's the point?
Xellos: It's fun.
Hiei: [smirks] You should try it sometime.
Zelgadis: [rolls his eyes]
Xellos: [to himself] Well, he's already dressing up as a bunny...
Zelgadis: [blushes] Xellos!
Xellos: [innocently] Yes?
Zelgadis: Stop it.
Xellos: [blinks] Alright.

>“Well I believe you could be a great artist if you tried hard enough,” Mr. Minamino said. I blinked at him owlishly. Then looked at my painting.

Yuusuke: And quickly hid the trace lines.
Kuwa: It's probably one of those color by number things.
Yuusuke: Oi!
Hiei: [snorts]
Kurama: Besides, you don't cheat, Yuusuke. You'd fail before cheating.
Yuusuke: [grins]
Koenma: He's right.
Yuusuke: [kisses his cheek] You guys are sweet.
Hiei: [snorts] More like too honest.
Yuusuke: [ruffles his hair] Honesty's a good thing too.
Hiei: [shoves the hand away] Idiot.
Yuusuke: [grins] Well, now that my good name remains untarnished, let's move on.
Hiei: [rolls his eyes]

>“Maybe,” I said in a nonchalant voice. Mr. Minamino just gave me an encouraging smile before going to someone who was asking for his help. I took in a deep breath but then I noticed something. The air smelled like roses. I blinked before sniffing again.

Kurama: [coughs lightly]
Hiei: [yawns] Seems that the fic decided to turn Kurama into a Mary Sue.
Kurama: Well, most people assume that's how I smell...
Hiei: [shrugs] Your scent is much more complex than that.
Kurama: [smiles] Oh?
Hiei: Roses are just one little part of it.
Kurama: I see. [licks his forehead again]
Hiei: [gasps]
Kurama: [softly] Though I prefer it when I smell like you.
Hiei: [breathily] When we get home... [winces] After we go to Genkai's...
Kurama: [frowns worriedly] Do you want me to be there with you? You know I don't mind...
Hiei: I have to do it alone, Kurama. [curls closer]
Kurama: [holds him tightly] Alright.
Zelgadis: [frowns] What's going on?
Kurama: [smiles weakly] It's alright.
Lina: He's going to tell her, isn't he?
Kurama: [nods] Because Enma might make Yukina and the other girls come in here with us. She'd find out anyway.
Lina: [winces]

>‘Definitely roses’ I thought and looked around only to have my eyes lay themselves on my teacher. My eyes widened. ‘He actually smells like roses,’ I thought, amazed. ‘Thats odd’ I thought before going back to my drawing, a ghost of a smile flickering itself on my lips and eyes. ‘Art was going to be great this year I thought.

Yuusuke: Because he smells like roses? Boy, my clone is easy to please...
Hiei: Clones don't have enough brainpower to want anything complex.
Kuwa: [Clone] I just want the simple things in life. A boyfriend that smells like roses. Maybe a shrubbery...
Yuusuke: I have no interest in the President of the United States, thanks.
Kurama: [snickers]

>Too soon though it was finally time to leave. But amazingly I had actually finished my assignment, while others had barely touched a pencil.
>‘God isn’t that ironic, Yusuke Urameshi, the most worst student in school, finishing his assignment before everyone else.’ I thought, smirking slightly at the irony of it all.

Yuusuke: Dur, I did something, go me...
Koenma: You're not dumb.
Yuusuke: [sheepishly] I know, but he's just making a big deal out of a little thing...
Hiei: Well, he IS a clone...
Yuusuke: True.

>“Oh Yusuke, are you already finished,” Mr. Minamino asked politely. I jumped slightly at what he said.

Hiei: *Really* jumpy.
Kurama: [snickers]
Yuusuke: I'm probably worried you're gonna jump out any moment and disembowel me for trying to steal Kurama.
Hiei: Fortunately, I apparently am not in this fic.
Yuusuke: Darn. That might have been interesting.
Hiei: It'd end the fic, at least.

>‘Whoa, he surprised me there.’ I thought as I tried to calm my racing heart.

Kuwa: Your clone's such a girl.
Yuusuke: Dude, we *know* girls that get less scared than that.
Kuwa: True.
Hiei: So apparently your clone got a sex change.
Xellos: [giggles]
Yuusuke: Well, that would explain a few things.

>“Um, yeah, I just finished it I said. I had been so busy gathering the supplies I had used so I could put it away that I had ended up being the last in the class. I shifted nervously. Even though there was nothing about Minamino-sensei to be worried about, I still couldn’t help but be nervous.

Hiei: Okay, so where does the clone stop talking?
Kurama: [himself] Well, I'm sorry for making you nervous, Yuusuke. Here's your missing quotation mark.
Hiei: [snickers]

>“May I see it then,” Mr. Minamino asked in a calm, pleasant voice. I gulped before grabbing my stuff and the poster and walking up to the teacher. I quietly handed it to him, watching his every move. I could see his eyes shift all over the poster, taking in all the details, during the whole time he was smiling.

Zelgadis: Well, if it was Xellos, we'd know he was plotting something.
Xellos: [smiles] My...
Hiei: Same with Kurama. The clone's probably trying to figure out the best way to sex Yuusuke-clone up.
Kurama: These situations usually call for table sex of some sort.
Hiei: [leers]
Kurama: [leers back]
Hiei: [shifts]
Kurama: [gasps, licks his neck]
Hiei: [lounges against him]

>“This is very good Yusuke, I am very impressed, you must feel pretty proud.”
>I blushed and nodded.

Yuusuke: [himself] For plotting to seduce you? Ah, thanks. You're really nice too.
Koenma: [snickers]

>“If you would like, since now its lunch period, you can stay in here, and I could help you some more on your art work.” Mr. Minamino offered. I blinked. Normally I go to the school rooftop to eat lunch, it was quite up there, it was kind of a habit.

Koenma: *Is* that why you liked doing that?
Yuusuke: [shrugs] Plus I don't get caught by teachers while smoking up there.
Koenma: Hmm.

>“Um, would it be okay with you if we did it somewhere else,” I asked lightly, fidgeting slightly. The red head blinked before nodding happily.

Kurama: [himself] The hall closet?
Yuusuke: Nah, too cramped.
Hiei: [snorts]
Xellos: [has fallen asleep on Zel]
Zelgadis: [doesn't mind]
Lina: You two stay up late last night?
Zelgadis: Well, we had to do the ceremony. It was probably pretty tiring.
Lina: [glares] Oh, right... And you have no idea what he could have taken?
Zelgadis: [shakes his head] He said it was a secret.
Lina: [snorts] Typical. We have to make him tell us somehow...
Yuusuke: Er. From past experience... What if he doesn't know what he took?
Lina: [eyes widen] Oh god. What if he took a spleen or something?!
Zelgadis: [rolls his eyes] I'm sure I'd know if it was something like that, Lina.
Xellos: [muffled] I wouldn' take anythin vital...
Lina: [angry] Oh, sure, but you were fine with doing a ceremony that was supposed to take his *soul.*
Xellos: [stretches on Zel's lap like a cat] But I didn't, Lina-san.
Zelgadis: At first he turned me down because of that...
Lina: [blinks] You did?
Xellos: [shrugs] Zelgadis would be no fun without his soul.
Zelgadis: [blushes]
Lina: So, what *was* it?
Xellos: [shrugs] It's a secret.
Lina: [growls]
Xellos: [starts whistling]
Lina: [stands and grabs him by his shirt] Tell me!!
Xellos: [opens his eyes] Lina, I hate to be blunt, but this does not involve you.
Lina: Okay. But *do* you know what you took?
Xellos: Of course. I couldn't have done it if I didn't.
Lina: [drops him] Fine, then.
Zelgadis: But it *does* involve me, Xellos...
Xellos: [nods] Hai, Zelgadis.
Zelgadis: [looks him in the eye] Tell me. I won't let anyone else know.
Xellos: [waves the question away] Later.
Zelgadis: Xellos!
Xellos: [hums to himself for a moment] It's quite private, Zelgadis.
Zelgadis: [blushes] Alright...

>“If that is what you want, but where did you have in mind?” Kurama questioned. I gave him a cocky smirk and a wink.

Yuusuke: [himself] Your office?
Kurama: Someone's been reading Harry Potter smut again...
Yuusuke: Heh.
Xellos: [climbs back into Zelgadis' lap]
Hiei: Copycat.
Xellos: [smiles and waves at him]
Hiei: [snorts]

>“I’ll show you in a minute,” I said. The red head thought for a minute before nodding. He then went and picked out a few things, such as paint, pencils, and other supplies. I helped him by carrying some of the heavier stuff like the canvas.

Yuusuke: And a blanket to lay on.
Hiei: Mine.
Kurama: [giggles, kisses his nose]
Hiei: [grins]

>Soon I was showing him my most secret spot in the whole school. I don’t know why I would actually tell a teacher where I skipped school at but I couldn’t help it, I just felt compelled to, as if I could let him in on anything about my life, well almost anything.

Yuusuke: My time spent in Tijuana was best left unsaid.
Hiei: Yup, the clone's a Mary Sue.
Kurama: Oh dear. He'll probably start admiring my hair next then...
Hiei: [threads his hands into Kurama's hair]
Kurama: [moans softly]
Hiei: [kisses him]

>When we were finally on the roof Mr. Minamino carefully put the things in his arms down. I slowly did the same thing, taking in deep breathes of fresh air while doing so.
>“Its really nice up here, I didn’t know they allowed students here,” Minamino-san said.
>“They don’t,” was my oh so intelligent answer. The teacher blinked in surprise.

Yuusuke: Rules? I laugh at your rules!
Kuwa: [snickers] Rules are there to be broken.
Yuusuke: That's right. Spread the anarchy.
Hiei: [snickers]
Koenma: [shakes his head, amused]
Xellos: Rules are also made to be bent.
Zelgadis: [snorts] You're a pro at that.
Xellos: [grins] Thank you, Zelgadis!
Zelgadis: [smiles and chuckles]

>“What, then won’t we get in trouble,” He asked, his right eyebrow raised. I looked up at him and smirked.

Yuusuke: And Kurama apparently became a diety while we weren't looking.
Kurama: [smiles] Many would think so.
Kuwa: Well, if a teacher's with you, I doubt it's a problem.
Kurama: [himself] Oh, that's right I'm a teacher... Silly me, I forgot already.
Hiei: It'd be easier if you weren't trying to seduce a student.
Kurama: In all fairness, it seems my clone doesn't have to try very hard.
Yuusuke: Yeah, my clone's kinda slutty.
Hiei: Just the clone?
Yuusuke: [gives him a sour look]
Hiei: [smirks]
Koenma: [kisses Yuusuke's cheek] You're not slutty, Yuu-chan.
Yuusuke: Only with you. [kisses him]
Koenma: [giggles]

>“Probably, don’t worry, I always get in trouble, its never that different,” I said cockily. I watched the red head roll his green eyes.
>“Of course, I should have known,” was his sarcastic reply. I laughed before putting the canvas and everything else together, then after that I took my lunch out of my bag. I sighed happily and began to eat the meal.

Yuusuke: Mmm, snickers bar...
Koenma: [giggles] Very healthy, that.
Hiei: Probably freshly stolen, too.
Kurama: Why doesn't *he* get punished for stealing?
Hiei: Boyfriends get special treatment.
Koenma: Or maybe it's that he didn't steal Reikai artifacts...?
Hiei and Kurama: [smirk at him]
Koenma: [glares]
Xellos: Ooooo! You can do that?
Kurama: We did do that.
Xellos: [grins] That might be a fun adventure...
Koenma: *No.* The three of you stay away from the vault. I mean it.
Kurama: Shame. It has all sorts of magical artifacts.
Hiei: Rare ones, too.
Kurama: [smiles sneakily]
Lina: Oh, no. You're not going to rope me into doing it.
Kurama: We'll split the booty.
Koenma: [whimpers]
Lina: As if! You guys got punishment, and I'm not willing to deal with that.
Kurama: Ah well. Your loss.
Koenma: Make them stop...
Yuusuke: Guys, it's not funny.
Kurama: We're just joking, Koenma.
Hiei: If we were really going to, we wouldn't talk about it in earshot.
Koenma: [weakly] Ha ha.
Yuusuke: [gropes him]
Koenma: [gasps] Yuu-chan!
Yuusuke: [smirks] Well, I had to get your mind on something else...
Koenma: [kisses him]

>“So Minamino-san, what made you decide to be an art teacher, you sound pretty smart to me and I bet you could be something that gave you a lot more pay.” I said as I looked up at him. He smiled and began going through a bag that he had brought up here.

Kurama: [himself] Well, I could have been a stripper, but my lover kept burning the club down...
Yuusuke: [himself] Oh, that explains what you have in the bag.
Hiei: [snorts]

>“I love to paint, its practically my life, and I also love children, but I mostly wanted to be a highschool teacher so I could meet young talented people who was also good in art, like you Yusuke.” He said happily.

Yuusuke: [himself] Should I be more freaked out that a teacher is hitting on me?
Kurama: [himself] Not when they're as cute as I am.
Hiei: You're more sexy as hell than cute, Kurama.
Kurama: [flips back his hair, smiling] You're right, of course.
Hiei: [kisses him] Too sexy for your own good.
Kurama: You're not so bad yourself, you know... [smirks, sucks on his neck]
Hiei: [gasps softly] Not like you.
Kurama: Pfft. [strokes Hiei's leg]
Hiei: Imp... [kisses Kurama]
Kurama: [deepens kiss] What? I think you’re very sexy.

>“I guess that sounds like a pretty good life teach,” I said, gobbling more of my sandwich.
>“Oh Yusuke, please do call me Kurama when were alone, being called by my last name always sounds too formal,” Kurama said, finally taking out a lunch box. I blinked before blushing.

Yuusuke: Wow, I get to call him by his name! Lucky!
Hiei: [to Kurama] Seducer.
Kurama: [coughs again]
Hiei: [straddles him]
Kurama: [rubs his thighs]
Hiei: [kisses his throat]
Kurama: [strokes his backside]
Hiei: [relaxes against him]
Kurama: [smiles and holds him close]

>“Um, sure,” I said, a little nervous. Suddenly Kurama backed up a step from his box where there just happened to be a large crack in the roof.
>“Kurama watch out,” I yelled, though it was too late, the red head had already tripped on the crack and was now falling.

Yuusuke: [sings] And the rain keeps falling down, down down...
Zelgadis: Is the fic supposed to be boring?
Kuwa: I don't think we're supposed to mst interesting ones.
Yuusuke: We have done interesting ones before, but we haven't liked them.
Koenma: That's true.
Xellos: In any case, I doubt a creature as graceful as Kurama would trip on a crack.
Kurama: [smiles] Why, thank you.
Xellos: [smiles] No problem, Kurama-san.

>Using the fast reflexes that I was known for I quickly put down my lunch before racing over to Kurama’s falling form, gripping his waist tightly when I caught him, though for some mysterious reason I tripped on Kurama’s fallen lunch box and fell along with Kurama.

Kurama: Mysterious reason? More like smut setup.
Hiei: [licks Kurama's throat]
Kurama: [giggles, runs hands through his hair]

>“Oof,” Was all I heard escape the teacher’s mouth when he fell and I fell on top of him. For what seemed like forever I didn’t move, instead, I kept my head buried in Kurama’s shirt, silently panting while listening to Kurama’s heart beat, it was slightly racing.

Kurama: [pants] That's because Hiei has a very talented tongue...
Hiei: [giggles against Kurama's throat]

>“Yusuke are you alright,” Kurama asked in concern. I breathed in slightly, taking in full force the smell of roses and lilac. ‘He smells really good, is that his natural smell, it must be, mm, he feels nice’ I couldn’t help but think before slowly looking up at Kurama, holding my body up with my knees and elbows.


Yuusuke: [himself] Sure, sensei, I'm just gonna lay on you like a perv for a bit. Don't mind me.
Hiei: Too late. I'm already doing that.
Yuusuke: [snorts] Please, have at it.
Hiei: [sarcastic] Thanks.

>“I’m alright Kurama, its just I...,” I said before cutting myself of by the lack of air. The reason for this, the fact that Kurama’s beautiful face was only inches from mine. I then suddenly became very aware of our position. Kurama was under me, his hair spreading around the ground like crimson silk ribbons. His green eyes staring with a wide eye look while his breaths were coming out in soft pants.

Yuusuke: Dazed by his beauty, clearly.
Hiei: [muffled] Oh, yeah.
Kurama: [laughs breathily]
Koenma: [kisses Yuusuke]
Yuusuke: [rubs Koenma's foot]
Koenma: [draws a sharp breath] Yuu-chan, not here.
Yuusuke: [smirks, licks his lips] Aww.
Koenma: [kisses him deeply]

>My elbows were on either side of his face while one knee was between Kurama’s legs and the other beside his well built leg, my lower body parts slightly straddling Kurama’s hips. The natural scent of Kurama’s body was soon over flowing itself through my senses.

Lina: Oh, just start humping and get over it.
Hiei: No problems there.
Xellos: [snores softly]
Lina: Irk. I didn't mean you two here!
Kurama: Oh? Ah well.
Hiei: [nips Kurama's shoulder]
Kurama: [moans, slips his hand underneath Hiei's shirt]
Hiei: [gasps, sucks on Kurama's neck]
Kurama: [giggles breathily]
Lina: They're a couple of rabbits...
Xellos: [sleepily] Bunnies? Where? [blinks at Zelgadis] Oh, it's Zel-bunny!
Zelgadis: [blushes] What *is* it with you and bunnies?
Xellos: [half-asleep] Sore wa himitsu desu!
Zelgadis: [sighs] That's nice, Xel. [pulls Xellos' head back down on his shoulder]
Xellos: [giggles] Zel-bunny. [kisses the side of his neck]
Zelgadis: [blushes] Crazy.
Xellos: Yup.
Zelgadis: [snickers and pulls him closer]

>My head was telling me to get the fuck off of him but my heart, that had been so abused for so long, wanted to stay like this for just a little longer, feel this comforting presence for as long as I could, so I could somewhat heal the bruises.

Yuusuke: Uh... huh.
Koenma: Er... So apparently in this fic you play a puppy who's been kicked too much and needs to be pet a lot.
Yuusuke: Heh.
Hiei: I'm sure he won't mind heavy petting from you, Koenma.
Yuusuke: Nope!
Koenma: [grins] Good.

>I looked down from his deep green eyes to those nice rosebud shaped lips, that were being lightly laced with moisture by Kurama’s sweet pink tongue. I felt my heart call out to me to taste those lips, to for once let myself enjoy physical and sexual contact without being disgusted of myself or the person in the end.

Yuusuke: Okay, yeah, my clone's more than a little slutty.
Kurama: And my clone, unless he proceeds to kick your ass for taking liberties, is also slutty.
Yuusuke: [snorts] It'd be interesting if he did though.
Hiei: It won't happen. The fandom seems to think Kurama's a slut.
Kurama: [softly] I admit to being a little horny, but that's *it.*
Hiei: [amused] A *little* horny?
Kurama: [blushes] Okay, more than a little...
Hiei: [raises an eyebrow]
Kurama: ... A lot more...
Hiei: [grins]
Kurama: Cheeky. [kisses him deeply]
Hiei: [smirks] Learned from the best.
Kurama: [giggles]

>‘What do I do, what the hell do I do, should I get up, or should I just stay like this for awhile, or maybe I could just kneel down a little and kiss him.’ I thought. ‘Whoa, where the hell did those last two thoughts come from?’ I thought as I stared back at Kurama’s now slightly anxious green eyes.

Kurama: [himself] Oh god, he's really going to kiss me. Ew! Ew!
Hiei: [snickers] Yeah, we all know where those lips have been.
Yuusuke: Oi!
Kuwa: LALALALA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
Koenma: [blushes furiously]
Hiei: [giggles] Well, we do.
Yuusuke: Yeah, yeah.

>I could feel his hot breath fanning my face, his warm presence filling me to its very core. Slowly, as if in a trance, I began to kneel down my face toward Kurama’s, my eyes slightly closing and I barely heard Kurama whisper my name before I captured his lips in a gentle kiss.

Yuusuke: Gentle? Nah. More like cheesy, flaming lip-lock.
Hiei: [demonstrates this on Kurama]
Kurama: [moans happily]
Zelgadis: [blushes, glances at the sleeping Xellos]
Xellos: [sucks on his thumb]
Yuusuke: [shakes his head, amused]

>‘DAMN IT YUSUKE WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING’ I thought as I uncertainly moved my lips against Kurama’s. I closed my eyes before fully opening them. Kurama wasn’t responding to me at all, guess thats his way of saying get the fuck away from my personal body parts.

Yuusuke: Also the knee in my groin was kind of obvious.
Hiei: I can demonstrate that, too.
Yuusuke: Er. No thanks.
Hiei: Your loss.
Yuusuke: [sweat drops]

>I quickly began to pull away when I felt a hand stop me. I flinched at the touch and closed my eyes and clenched my fists. Suddenly I felt a gentle press on my head, bringing me back down. I blinked.

Yuusuke: [himself] Wait... When did I grow an extra arm?
Hiei: [snorts]
Kurama: [slides a hand down Hiei's pants]
Hiei: [gasps] Kurama!
Kurama: [innocently] Hiei?
Hiei: [softly] Not here.
Kurama: [pouts] Aw.
Hiei: [kisses him]

>‘What the hell, wait, this isn’t right, neither of us should be kissing each other, I better get the hell off before something happens that I will regret later’ I thought as I resisted against the gentle hand pulling me down. I felt the hand get a little persistent, so I quickly got off my elbows and onto my hands.

Yuusuke: Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Now pucker up.
Hiei: Nerd.
Yuusuke: [raspberries]
Hiei: No thanks.
Kurama: Yeah, he's got my tongue to play with.
Yuusuke: That's not what I meant!
Koenma: [pats his arm]
Yuusuke: [kisses him]

>“Yusuke, whats wrong,” I heard a husky voice growl. I then all out flinched, giving the pressuring hand just enough time to press me back down into those warm and inviting lips. I would have not have resisted if it weren’t what he just said.

Yuusuke: Huh?
Kurama: Not even going to try to translate that one.
Koenma: Your clone seems to be confused as well.
Hiei: [snickers]

>‘That sound, that voice, it sounded so lustful, like those men who always raped me every month, I don’t want this make it stop!’ I heard my thoughts scream. I felt Kurama wrap both his arms behind my neck, before suddenly I found myself out of nowhere, shifted onto my back, hands now holding my hands over my neck.

Yuusuke: Um.
Koenma: Okay, I really hate this fic.
Yuusuke: Ditto.
Hiei: [yawns] Boring.
Xellos: [shifts in his sleep]
Yuusuke: Just one question: If my clone gets raped by men on a consistent basis, why the fuck is he putting himself in this situation?
Zelgadis: He's fucked up?
Yuusuke: That works.

>Kurama’s P.O.V.

Kurama: [moans weakly] Why me?
Hiei: Damn, do we really have to read that whole scene over again? It was AWFUL. Concentrating on all the wrong moments and shit like that.
Xellos: [wakes up] Why don't we just skip it again? We've read most of it.
Koenma: [sighs] Dad probably won't let us.
Xellos: [opens one eye] Do you *really* want to read about Yuusuke-san being raped monthly?
Koenma: [winces] Not really.
Kurama: Since it's from my point of view, it probably won't talk about that.
Xellos: [shrugs and lays back down]
Botan's voice: Sorry, Koenma-sama. Enma-sama says you guys have to read all of it.
Koenma: Bugger.
Yuusuke: [softly] In any case, I'm sure Hiei could use more time.
Koenma: [bites his lip and nods]
Hiei: [hears and glares]
Yuusuke and Koenma: [looks away, sheepish]
Kurama: [kisses Hiei's forehead]
Hiei: [rests against him]

>‘Mm, Yusuke, I never knew he could have tasted so damn delicious. This is nice.’ I thought, feeling my demonic blood getting the better of me. I then held Yusuke’s hands above his hand with one hand while the other one started tracing patterns down Yusuke’s chest. I felt him stiffen under my touch.

Kurama: So I'm still a demon? Why am I a teacher? I get my kicks from seducing teenage boys?
Hiei: [giggles] Well, you certainly succeeded with me.
Kurama: [smiles] As you did with me, Dragon.
Hiei: Yes, but you're a lot older than me.
Kurama: [looks away] Quite.
Hiei: [frowns] Imp?
Kurama: [blinks] Hm?
Hiei: [softly] Are you okay?
Kurama: [same] Yes, it's nothing.
Hiei: [kisses him] If it bothers you, it's not nothing.
Kurama: [smiles slightly] It's just... I really *do* feel my age sometimes. It's bothersome.
Hiei: [hugs him] I don't care how old you are, Kurama.
Kurama: [kisses his cheek] Thank you.
Hiei: You're not that old, Kurama. Why do you feel old?
Kurama: [looks away again] Before, on that last mission... You put yourself in danger for me, and all because I'd made a clumsy mistake. I can't help but feel... like I'm slowing down.
Hiei: [touches Kurama's cheek and looks at him] You're not slowing down. I made a mistake, as well, by not moving faster. That's why I got hit, not because I was protecting you. We all make mistakes. It's just that you and I each made one at the same time.
Kurama: [smiles, sighs deeply] And here I was supposed to be comforting *you* today...
Hiei: [kisses him] Don't worry about me... [pauses] If I do need comforting, it will be later.
Kurama: [kisses his Jagan] I'll be here if you need me.
Hiei: [softly] I know, and that's the only reason I can do this.
Kurama: [cuddles him]
Hiei: [hides his face against Kurama's shirt]

>I then heard a sound that I never would have expected. A whimper, a whine, a cry of distress. I quickly took my lips away from Yusuke’s to look up into his face. There was fear and terror that completely blackened his usually warm brown eyes, tears being gently cradled on his eye lids.
>I held back a gasp at the sight of such a strong young man crying, crying cause I was being such a lustful bastard. But I couldn’t stop, I had to have him, one way or another, but first thing to do is comfort him.

Kurama: The 'one way or another' is slightly worrying...
Yuusuke: Good grief, my clone is a fucking moron.

>I lightly licked his eyes which instantly closed on contact. I then sweetly kissed the drops of water away from his right eye before giving his left the same treatment. I then licked the flesh of Yusuke’s ear before lightly nipping on it.
>“Mm, thats...nice,” I heard Yusuke moan. I let my tongue lick over the flesh of Yusuke’s ear as I continue to slightly bite it. I felt Yusuke harden under my thigh. ‘I’ll take that as a good sign’ I thought while gently stroking his sides with my free hand.

Yuusuke: I'm a teenager--I get an erection when the wind blows. It means nothing!
Kurama: And my clone is also a fucking moron.
Zelgadis: Maybe they'll roll off the roof and plummet to their doom.
Kuwa: Wishful thinking.

>I then lightly let go of Yusuke’s arms and used the now available limb to caress Yusuke’s lower stomach.
>“Nnh-ahhh, mm that feels, nnh, good,” I heard Yusuke moan.
>“Hm, ooh, it never felt this good before when anyone else does it,” I heard Yusuke slightly whisper quietly, almost quiet enough that my demonic hearing didn’t pick it up.

Kurama: I'm on top of him. It doesn't take magic elf hearing to pick up something like that.
Koenma: How exactly does one "slightly whisper quietly"?
Kurama: [shrugs]
Yuusuke: Why is my clone speaking out loud instead of thinking?
Hiei: Because he's a moron?
Xellos: [sleepily] Because the author wants Kurama to know.
Kurama: Look out for the plot hole.

>‘He has others do this to him’ I thought, my mind momentarily flashing red before going back to normal and allowing me to be gentle on the poor boy. ‘No wonder he was so scared when I growled at him, he must have a rough life, I better not go to far on him, or else he might just break’ I thought quietly.

Yuusuke: Yup, I'm like glass. That's me in a nutshell.
Kurama: Okay, so my clone knows he's been raped and is continuing to have sex with him?
Yuusuke: Pretty much. Nice guy, your clone.
Xellos: Yup!
Zelgadis: Looks like somebody woke up.
Xellos: [sheepishly] Yes, woke up.
Zelgadis: [chuckles]

>I then slowly, passionately kissed my way back across his cheek to his now somewhat bruised lips. I could feel more then hear Yusuke moaning against my lips.
>“Yusuke, if you don’t feel comfortable with this, I can stop right now, but now is mostly your only warning to runaway while you still can,” I murmured against his swollen lips, lightly licking them.

Kurama: [himself] Of course, I say that, but it doesn't mean that I won't chase your ass down.
Yuusuke: [himself] Gee, thanks.
Kurama: [himself] Just offering you a head start.

>“Nnh, ooh, why on earth would I want you to stop?” I heard him ask. I smiled.

Kurama: [himself] Because you were a weeping mess a few minutes ago?
Yuusuke: [himself] Oh, that. It doesn't matter. Everyone who cries is just asking for a good screw.
Kurama: [himself] Right, that's what I thought.
Lina: The angst is tedious.
Xellos: [cheerfully] Good news is it's almost done!
Hiei: [hand fists in Kurama's shirt]
Kurama: [touches the hand, whispers soothingly into his ear] It's alright, Dragon.
Hiei: [nods, very softly] I know...
Kurama: [kisses his forehead]

>“Just making sure you would be comfortable,” I said sweetly.
>“How bout you make me comfortable and then I give you an answer to that,” Yusuke said cockily, his eyes firing up for the challenge. I felt myself harden.
>“Oh, I’ll make you comfortable alright Yusuke,” I said before once again taking claim of his lips.

Yuusuke: Well, I sprang back pretty quickly.
Koenma: Not usual.
Kurama: At least it's over. [looks Hiei over carefully] Ready?
Hiei: [slides off Kurama's lap, very pale, and nods]
Kurama: [takes his hand on the way out]
Lina: [after they've left] Do you think they'll be okay?
Kuwa: Yeah. It'll be alright.

- Ningenkai -

Hiei was terrified. He had decided the night before, after calming down with Kurama's help, to tell Yukina today, in the morning. He even knew how he was going to tell her. He had planned to go to Genkai's immediately after waking to do so, but they had woken to Botan lightly tapping on the bedroom window with an order for them to come in immediately to MST.

He had been resolute only a few hours before, but now he was terrified. The moment of courage had passed, soon into the MST, that courage had been overcome by doubt. And now he was terrified.

Kurama squeezed his hand and Hiei realized that the redhead was looking at him in concern. The fire demon didn't know how he looked, but he was sure it was bad. He smiled slightly at Kurama, who gave him a look that said very clearly, "You don't have to pretend around me."

He wanted to beg Kurama to come with him, to be there when he told her, but there was no way he could do that. He had to do this on his own. When they reached the steps to Genkai's temple, the fire demon let go of Kurama's hand. "I'll go ahead," Hiei said softly. He didn't want the temptation there. "Don't worry." Kurama leaned down and kissed him, running his thumb across Hiei's cheek, and then Hiei left.

Yukina was sitting in her small garden when Hiei settled in a branch a few moments later. He jumped down and she rose. "Oh, Hiei-san! Are Zelgadis and Lina back yet? Genkai needs them to finish repairing the wall."

Hiei fought the urge to run. "They'll be back soon. We just finished." He took a breath. "I... have something for you, Yukina."

The Koorime blinked at him. "Hiei-san? For me?"

The fire demon removed the necklace with Yukina's hirui seki from around his neck. She had entrusted it to him when she asked him to find her brother. He held it out to her. "This."

Yukina's face fell. "You... couldn't find him?" She took the necklace.

Hiei pulled a second necklace from under his shirt, waiting for her to notice it. "I did."

Yukina's reaction was immediate. She hugged him. "I was waiting for you to discover it. I knew."

"You... knew...?" Hiei froze. Kurama had predicted it, but this was the one thing he hadn't planned for. "How?"

"I realized when you rescued me, oniisan." She let go of him and stared up at him with tear-filled eyes. "But you didn't know me, so I decided to wait and watch you, to make sure you were okay. And then I asked you to find my brother for me--to find *you*--because I hoped you would discover the truth."

Hiei stared at her. He felt like he was looking at himself, hearing himself speak. "Yukina..." He couldn't let her believe that he had just found out, that meeting her had been coincidental. That wasn't fair to her. "I knew. I looked for you."

She looked surprised. "You knew, too? Why didn't you say anything?"

"I..." Hiei was ashamed to admit it, but he forced himself to speak. "I was afraid." A torrent of words wanted to get out, to explain why he had been afraid, but Yukina's eyes overflowed and showed understanding. She knew what those words were, and they didn't have to be spoken.

Yukina hugged him again, this time gently. "Oniisan... I was, too." She pulled away, holding him by the shoulders. "But we don't have to be anymore. You're my brother, and we're together."

Hiei hugged her, feeling a painful mixture of regret and relief as they held each other. He clung to her as the pain that had been bottled up for too many years forced itself out of him as tears and left him exhausted. Then he knew no more.

TBC.
We wrote this in three days. See how much we love you guys? You spoiled brats. XD