Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Enma's Torment Theatre ❯ A New Hope ( Chapter 35 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Enma’s Torment Theatre: Season Three
Episode Thirty-Five: A New Hope
Story: Reikai Wars: Chapter Three: The Red-Haired Scoundrel
Story by: Chrissy Sky
Msted by: Rose and Chrissy

Rose here again! We’re finally MSTing something of Chrissy’s. I’ve been bugging her to post this fic, but she woooon’t! Harass her into it for me!

--

Hiei woke feeling very comfortable and warm. Kurama was curled around him, asleep, his chest against the fire demon’s back, and his soft breath tickled Hiei’s ear. Hiei moved closer, ready to settle back for more sleep when he felt something unmistakable poking the back of his thigh through their clothing.

A sharp intake of breath told him that the movement had woken Kurama, and Hiei moved slightly again. It had the desired effect, and Kurama’s hands moved down to Hiei’s hips, pulling the fire demon against him sharply. Hiei gasped as Kurama’s hand went down his pants.

It was hard to pull away, but Hiei managed, whispering, “Bathroom.”

Kurama threw off the covers, tossed Hiei over his shoulder, and headed for the bathroom. They ignored Yuusuke’s laughter.

*

Really, she should have expected something like this. At her age, it was almost embarrassing. She just hadn't thought that anyone in this universe could outsmart her. It should have been obvious, considering that her trusted servant had been unable to break free. The fact that they had captured him wasn't truly worth considering, since Xellos had undoubtedly thought it would be amusing and had let himself be captured. It would be just like him to do something like that.

Xellas sighed. Normally she too would have found this amusing, but her servant had been close to dying only a scant few days ago. This had gone far enough. Whoever was responsible would suffer.

Mukuro glared at the multiple barriers on the moon's surface, all as strong as the other. Her stare hardened when she turned it on the blonde woman beside her. "I thought you said this was going to be easy."

Xellas smiled at the taller demon far more brightly than she felt inside. "Well, I've made mistakes before… Not many, and not often, but it happens."

Mukuro gnashed her teeth angrily, holding back a retort. Xellas had led her this far. It wasn't as if she had predicted this. There were more important things to focus on. "We'll have to dismantle all of them, one at a time."

Xellas nodded. "Exactly what I was thinking." She waved toward the hundreds of holy barriers. "After you."

*

It wasn't Hiei and Kurama's quick exit that woke him; nor was it Yuusuke's hysterical laughter that was responsible. It was the surge of strong magical energy that was more familiar to him than anything else: the power from which he had been spawned. For a moment, just a moment, Xellos was incredibly happy. His master was nearby and soon she would set them free from their prison, and he could return the 'favor' he owed Karasu.

Then the arm around his belly tightened and wire hair poked gently at his neck. The illusion immediately fell away to worry.

What would his master say about his ties with Zelgadis?

Would she order him to kill his beloved chimera?

Could he do that even if he wanted to obey?

Xellos extracted himself from Zelgadis and rose, quietly leaving the room. He found the kitchen and looked through its contents, not really interested in eating but needing something to do.

Two strong, stone arms came around him from behind as he stood over the stove. He leaned back against the firm body of his lover. "Zelgadis. You could have slept in longer."

"You know you're not supposed to go off on your own," Zelgadis admonished, not that he had thought for a second that Xellos would listen. "And if this turns out as disgusting as that dragon killing soup, Lina's going to kill you."

Xellos giggled and popped a slice of bacon into Zelgadis' mouth. "I lost that contest on purpose!"

The younger man chewed and swallowed. "Of course you did. You probably enjoyed being turned into a little toy plushie."

"I wasn't as adorable as you were though, Zelga-bunny." Xellos smiled at him pleasantly, but there wasn't something quite right about it.

"What's wrong?" Zelgadis asked, concern winning over common sense. He already knew Xellos wouldn't tell him.

That smile remained. "Nothing, Zelgadis. What could be wrong?"

Turning the purple-haired priest to face him, Zelgadis looked him straight in the eye, though Xellos' were closed. "Xellos, what is it? Is it about Karasu? Are you still hurting from the barrier?"

“No."

"Then what?"

Xellos tilted his head downward. He knew Zelgadis would have to be told, but for the time being he wanted things to remain as they had been the past few weeks. He wanted more time with his chimera. "I'd rather not say. Please."

Zelgadis sighed. "I'm worried. Tell me. If I can help…"

"You can't. Not with this." Xellos kissed him tenderly before pulling back and pasting on another wide smile. "Now, let me cook!"

"Alright." He'd let it slide. But only for now.

*

Kurama collapsed on top of Hiei. He lay there, enjoying his lover’s panting and the slightly glazed look in his eyes. It was the fourth time they’d had sex in the past hour, and Kurama didn’t think either he or Hiei would be up for another go, but he’d been wrong before.

They’d christened the door, the floor, the shower, and the floor again, barely making it to the bathroom with their clothing on. And now, judging by the completely sated look on Hiei’s face and Kurama’s own exhaustion, they were spent.

The youko felt better than he had since they arrived, having vented his frustrations in their lovemaking. Kurama carefully moved off Hiei and gathered the rather pliable youkai in his arms. “You look beautiful when you’re worn out like this,” he murmured in the fire demon’s ear. Hiei just smiled dazedly. “Are you hungry?”

That woke Hiei up. “Very.” He reluctantly rose, moving somewhat awkwardly.

Kurama frowned. “Did I hurt you?”

Hiei shook his head. “No.” Kurama gave him a disbelieving look. The sanjiyan chuckled. “Kurama, we just fucked four times. I’m a little sore, but not because you hurt me.”

Kurama giggled and handed Hiei his boxers. “Better put those on before I’m ready for another go.”

“I’m too hungry for that,” Hiei muttered, pulling on his clothing. “Get dressed, Imp.”

“Yes, Dragon.”

*

They had just finished eating when a screen lit up. It was, thankfully, a small one, but it didn’t diminish the look of rage and utter loathing Karasu was giving Hiei. Kurama placed a possessive arm around his lover and returned the glare.

“Into the theatre!” the crow spat, with no further fanfare. The screen went dark.

Xellos was the first to speak. “My, someone’s angry.”

Hiei smirked. “Sucks to be him.” Kurama pulled him close for a kiss.

Yuusuke shook his head. “Let’s get to the theatre before he gets *really* pissed.”

- Theatre -
[Sitting from left to right: Kuwabara, Koenma, Yuusuke, Hiei, Kurama, Zelgadis, Xellos, and Lina.]

Kuwa: So what was the stick up Karasu's ass?
Yuusuke: Yeah, did something crawl up it and die?
Kurama: Yes. A little green-eyed demon.
Hiei: [smirks at Kurama]
Kurama: [kisses him] I belong solely to you.
Hiei: If I hadn't known that before, you would have made it perfectly clear this morning, Imp.
Yuusuke: [snickers] The race to the bathroom made that pretty obvious.
Xellos: [pouts] Mou. We didn't get to have morning sex, Zel-kun.
Zelgadis: [blushes] Xellos...
Xellos: [smiles cheekily]
Zelgadis: [shakes his head, amused]

>Reikai Wars
>Part One: Hope

Yuusuke: I don't dare to.
Kurama: [stares at title] Wait... Yuusuke. Doesn't that look a little, well, familiar?
Yuusuke: That's another thing I dare not hope.
Kuwa: [to Koenma] What are the fanboys talking about now?
Koenma: [shrugs]

>Hiei/Kurama
>By: Chrissy Sky

Kuwa: Isn't that...?
Koenma: I think so... And I'm oddly scared now.

>~*~

Yuusuke: [sings] Aoi hoshi no umi / Namima ni tadayou hane / Kiete yuku kanashimi wa / Ashitae no inori na no / Blue flow...
Koenma: [kisses his cheek]
Hiei: What's that from? Didn't recognize it.
Xellos: Haibane Renmei.
Kurama: Something Yuusuke hasn't gotten around to showing Hiei? Oh my...
Hiei: Give him time. I'll probably be subjected to it eventually.

>Chapter Three: The Red-Haired Scoundrel

Yuusuke: Hey, it's talking about Kurama!
Kurama: Scoundrel? [eyes widen]
Hiei: [blinks] What?
Kurama: It's just, I'm thinking about what it could mean...
Hiei: [kisses him] Nothing about *you* could be bad.

Kurama: [smiles] Well, Karasu did pick this out...
Hiei: [winces] True...

>At Genkai’s instruction, Hiei pulled the land speeder to another stop, on a bluff overlooking the city of Mos Eisley.

Yuusuke: YES!
Kuwa: [wide eyed] Oh no... The fanboy's going to go orgasmic.
Lina: [snickers]
Koenma: Please make me not a droid...
Yuusuke: [pets]

>He raised one of his eyebrows as the old woman climbed out of the speeder, carrying his ‘binoculars.

Yuusuke: [Genkai] And I'll raise you a thumb!
Koenma: [Hiei] You're on.
Kurama: Huh. So she's read Lucas' novel.
Hiei: I have more to read?
Kurama: Well... I wouldn't recommend it. The man tends to be more long-winded in book format.
Yuusuke: [snickers] Like William Shatner.
Kuwa: Didn't Ford say something like, "You can write this shit, George, but you sure can't say it"?
Kurama: Yes.
Xellos: [cheerfully] He was right.

>“What are you doing?” he asked, changing positions so that he was sitting atop the headrest of his seat.

Yuusuke: [Genkai] Making you an offer you can't refuse.
Hiei: [hits him] Yuck.
Kurama: Yes, I don't need to wake up to a horse's head lying in our bed...
Yuusuke: Ow! I didn't mean it like that!
Hiei: So?
Yuusuke: [grumbles]
Koenma: [rubs his neck] It's okay, Yuu-chan.
Yuusuke: [leans back] Lower.
Koenma: [blushes, massages his back]
Yuusuke: [grins]

>“Ah ha!” said the old woman, looking down upon Mos Eisley through the magnifying glass.

Yuusuke: [Genkai] I spotted the fangirls! Gimme the rifle!
Hiei: [Genkai] If I put the magnifying glass just so, I can burn the whole city down!
Lina: [brightly] Fire's pretty.
Zelgadis: You would think that.
Hiei: [grins] Mmm... Fire.
Kurama: [giggles] What are we going to do with you two?
Hiei: Well, I can think of a few things you can do with me.
Kurama: [leers] Oh, I can think of several more.
Hiei: I bet you can. [shifts]
Kurama: [moans] [softly] Still recovering from this morning, Dragon...
Hiei: [smiles] I know.
Kurama: [nips his neck] But trust me, you'll be the first to know when I'm ready for a romp.
Hiei: [chuckles]

>“Just as I thought. The Meikai are already there, checking everyone who enters. We’ll have to leave the speeder behind and sneak into the city.” It would be hard with the droids, but they could manage it.

Koenma: Please don't make me a droid...
Yuusuke: [frowns] Wait, Meikai?
Hiei: Heh. I didn't know they were into PR.
Koenma: They're not. More interested in destroying things.
Kurama: And finding bad fanfics...
Hiei: But so's Enma, so...

>“What’s this place like? I’ve never been farther than Ankorhead all my life,” Hiei admitted. He thought it better to know about the place before waltzing in.

Hiei: Usually, yes. Not that we have that option most of the time...
Koenma: It's not my fault!
Kurama: We know, but it's still a fact.

>Genkai shrugged, getting back into the speeder. “Just your average, every day spaceport on Tatooine. Full of people just a bit more dishonorable than the ones you used to live with.”

Hiei: [grumbles]
Yuusuke: What, no obvious rehashing? Aw.
Hiei: [irritated] I'd rather *not* have that part of my life rehashed, thanks.
Yuusuke: Er. I meant from Star Wars.
Kurama: It seems it deviates a bit from Star Wars.
Koenma: She's trying to be clever.
Kurama: It's not Lucas, thankfully.

>She smiled. “You’ll feel right at home.”
>Hiei revved up the engine, frowning. “Right.”

Yuusuke: [Gabrielle] Home doesn't have to be a place. Home can be a person too.
Hiei: Me-clone must be going to meet Kurama, then.
Yuusuke: [grins] Well, the title hinted at that, yeah.
Hiei: Good.

>*

Yuusuke: [sings] Ikutsu no hoshi-tachi ni negai wo kakete ita darou / anata ni deau made / kidzukanakatta...
Lina: And what's that one?
Yuusuke: It's not anime, but the band did a Bleach song. High and Mighty Color, "With You."

>Covering the land speeder with a sand-colored tarp, the four trekked toward the city. Genkai wrapped up her face with bandages. Hiei donned his dark cloak and white scarf.

Yuusuke: We know a lot of people who cover up their faces.
Hiei: What, three?
Kurama: I like your cloak and scarf.
Hiei: [smirks, brushes Kurama's face with his scarf]
Kurama: [kisses him]
Zelgadis: Would covering it with a tarp really hide it though?
Yuusuke: Stormtroopers are notoriously stupid.
Hiei: It'd probably get stolen by people in Mos Eisely.

>In broad daylight they snuck into Mos Eisely - since there was no time to wait for darkness to fall. They mingled into the relative crowd on the streets, moving out of sight when they saw the familiar armor of a Meikai trooper. If they looked closely enough, they saw others acting the same.

Yuusuke: And hurrying in the other direction.
Hiei: [snickers] They would if they knew what was good for them.

>“Where are we going?” Koenma asked as they hid in a dark alley.

Koenma: Crap. I'm a droid.
Kuwa: [laughs]
Yuusuke: [hits him]
Kuwa: The only reason you're not laughing is because you sleep with him.
Yuusuke: [glares] I can hit you harder, you know.
Kuwa: Okay, okay.
Koenma: Please tell me I'm not Threepio...
Hiei: [snickers]

>“We need to buy ourselves a transport,” Genkai answered, her voice low. “I know a place where we can hire the type of pilots who don’t ask too many questions - and who are just as afraid of getting caught by the Meikai as we are.”

Koenma: Who *isn't* afraid of being caught by the Meikai?
Hiei: People who like reading bad fanfiction?
Kurama: Now *that's* masochistic.
Zelgadis: None of those here.
Xellos: [smiles quietly]

>“The gang used to talk about getting caught by them,” Hiei said, thoughtful. “Or rather, avoiding it. That would explain why everyone is so skittish.”

Hiei: I know for a fact they never talked about the Meikai.
Kurama: Well, the Meikai seem to be the Empire, so...
Yuusuke: You mean they aren't in reality?
Koenma: [shudders] They BETTER not be.
Yuusuke: Er. Sorry, K-chan.
Koenma: It's okay. Just a disturbing thought.
Yuusuke: [kisses his neck] Yeah.

>“Quiet, and hurry,” Genkai ordered. “We’re almost there.”
>“Hey, you!” barked a voice behind them.

Yuusuke: [mystery voice] You dropped your lightsaber.
Xellos: [laughs]

>Hiei exchanged a glance with Genkai before they turned to the lone trooper who had snuck up on them.

Yuusuke: Definitely stupid.
Kurama: Actually, I don't think troopers are supposed to go off on their own. They're probably assigned units.
Yuusuke: That's why they're stupid. Not that they'd have better luck as a unit.
Hiei: [grins] Fire...
Kurama: [giggles, fingers his hair]

>“How long have you had these droids?” he asked, voice muffled through his helmet.
>“Oh,” answered Genkai, “about three or four years. Can’t quite remember.”

Yuusuke: [twitches] *Seasons.*
Kurama: Easy, fanboy.

>“Let me see some identification,” barked the soldier.
>“Why, officer? Don’t you believe a harmless little old lady?” Genkai asked innocently, patting her pockets - as if looking for an I.D. - and walking closer to the trooper.

Yuusuke: Old lady, yeah. Little? Sure. Harmless? *No.*
Hiei: [snickers] Yeah. She can still kick your ass.
Yuusuke: [winces] Yeah. Big time.

>Hiei held back a laugh. He and the droids watched as the old woman disposed of the trooper with a few quick blows. Then he helped her stash the trooper inside a dumpster.
>“‘Harmless?’” Hiei quoted, amused.

Yuusuke: That's what I said!
Xellos: 'Friends help you move. Real friends help you move the bodies.'
Hiei: [grins] They tend to get squeamish, though.

>“We don’t have much time now,” she said briskly, and they hurried out of the alley, onto the street.
>*

Yuusuke: [sings] Bokura no omoi mo itsuka dareka no mune ni / hikari tsuzukeyou ano hoshi no you ni...
Xellos: [happily] Bleach!
Yuusuke: And Orange Range. Best combination ever!

>Hiei wrinkled his nose at the entrance to the cantina. From this angle he could tell that it went underground. He could smell alcohol waft up from beneath. “This is the place?”

Yuusuke: [Genkai] No, I just want to stop off here and buy a drink.
Hiei: [snorts] She would, too.
Koenma: You know, Obi-Wan picked up a *lot* of bad habits of Qui-Gon.
Yuusuke: You mean besides picking a disaster for a first apprentice?
Lina: [snickers]
Xellos: It's not like either were alcoholics.
Yuusuke: Yeah, Han's the only one cool enough to do that.
Zelgadis: How is alcoholism cool?
Yuusuke: ... Okay, it's not, but that's not really what I meant...
Xellos: Well, more likely, he's the only one more *normal*. Luke was too prudish and Leia too snobbish.
Hiei: Luke was more than just a prude.
Yuusuke: [snorts]

>“Don’t knock it yet, you haven’t even been inside,” Genkai responded. She sounded like she was getting tired of his griping.

Yuusuke: Sounds more like me than Hiei.
Hiei: At least he admits it.
Yuusuke: Heh. [scratches head]

>Hiei shrugged and followed her inside. Entering, he realized a hazard; the door was situated in just a way that everyone could see you as you walked in, but since it was so bright outside, you could not see the inside right away.

Hiei: Not dangerous unless you're considered a danger to one or more of the patrons, really.
Kurama: Yes, and if you act casually enough, it probably wouldn't be a problem. Luke just stood out.
Hiei: I wouldn't.
Kurama: To me you would.
Yuusuke: Aww.
Hiei: [glares] Stop trying to ruin our moments.
Yuusuke: I didn't do anything!
Kurama: No offense, Yuusuke, but you mooning over us is a bit irritating.
Yuusuke: [grumbles to himself]
Kurama: Sorry, but it's true.

>Hiei blinked a few times as his eyes adjusted, and saw the old woman already sitting at the bar. He was about to follow when the barkeeper said something.
>“What?” the fire demon snapped in annoyance.

Yuusuke: [grumpy] Sounds like Hiei, alright.
Hiei: [glares] You want to die, don't you?
Yuusuke: Fine! I'll just stop talking, how's that?
Kurama: Yuusuke, I was just being honest. Don't take it out on Hiei.
Yuusuke: [doesn't respond]
Koenma: [kisses his cheek] Don't pout like that.
Yuusuke: [still isn't saying anything]

>“Your droids,” said the man. Or, at least he looked something like a man. “We don’t serve their kind here.”
>Hiei cursed. “Whatever.” To Koenma and George he said, “Can I trust you two morons to keep yourselves occupied for a little while? I’ll come find you when we’re done.”
>Koenma nodded his round head. “Don’t worry about us. I’d rather not be in a place like this anyway.”

Koenma: [groans] I sound like Threepio...
Xellos: It could still go either way.
Koenma: [sighs] Well, Artoo wouldn't be so bad, but Threepio...

>Hiei wrinkled his nose, again taking in the smell. He had nothing against alcohol, having enjoyed it quite a few times himself, but there were things about this place that suggested it hadn’t been cleaned in years. One of those things was, indeed, the smell. “Just don’t get caught.”

Hiei: Isn't that most bars?
Kurama: I think the you-clone is rather new to the, ah, experience.
Hiei: [snorts] Sheltered moron.

>The two droids left quickly, and Hiei almost envied them. He headed toward where Genkai was sitting. She had another cigarette out and was talking to a tall man with small eyes, orange hair, and a face that, even if it hadn’t been hit a multitude of times, still would not be even remotely attractive. (4)

Hiei: [snickers]
Kuwa: OI!
Zelgadis: [casually] Not popular with the fans?
Kurama: They oftentimes call him "Kuwa-baka." It's very annoying. I'm popular, but my fans also think I'm a woman.
Hiei: Which just goes to show how stupid most fans are. [gropes Kurama] See?
Kurama: [gasps]
Hiei: [smirks, kisses him]
Xellos: Kuwabara-san does have a group of fans who defend him though.
Lina: So does Filia.
Xellos: [twitch]
Lina: [grins]

>Hiei sat on the other side of the old Tantei and ordered a drink. He felt eyes staring at him from all over the bar, but he ignored them. When he was shoved roughly by the creature next to him, he didn’t even spill his drink.

Hiei: Even when he made mincemeat of the alien.
Kurama: Which is what would *really* happen in this situation.
Hiei: Exactly.

>The alien barked angrily at him, and the Jaganshi just glared silently, waiting. Why it was picking a fight with him Hiei didn’t know. Perhaps he looked like fresh meat. But if it pulled out its blaster, Hiei would make it rethink that assumption.

Hiei: Only my character is apparently dumbed down to make it more Luke-like.

> Two figures appeared at the creature’s back. Oh, how cute. It had a friends. One looked sort of human, but also sort of something else altogether. The second would have definitely been human, had his ki signature not been so obvious. (That had been the first skill that Hiei had required--harnessing his ki recognizing the ki in others.)

Kurama: That last bit makes very little sense.
Hiei: Agreed. It's rather confusing.
Koenma: A friends?

>The darkness of the cantina could not possibly hope to hide his looks; he had dark red hair and large, crafty green eyes.

Xellos: [cheerfully] Hi, Kurama!
Hiei: So, you're one of the attackers? I thought you were Han.
Kurama: Beats me.

>When this one tapped the shoulder of the sort-of-human, Hiei immediately altered his earlier observation: he didn’t seem to be their friend after all. Which made his presence even more curious as he began talking.

Hiei: Oh.
Kurama: Please tell me she doesn't remark on my voice sounding like a girl's...
Yuusuke: [snickers]
Hiei: Wow, he made a sound.
Yuusuke: [doesn't respond]
Hiei: Come on, Yuusuke. Quit pouting. The only reason I never said anything is I figured you'd eventually get over it.
Yuusuke: Just drop it.
Hiei: [sighs]

>“The little one has done nothing to you,” said the redhead smoothly, giving the two a look that said clearly, ‘I own you.’ Hiei, of course, twitched at the “little one” comment and glared at the him. “Why don’t I buy you another drink and we forget all about this?”

Hiei: I don't mind if *Kurama's* the one calling me that. Anyone else better find asbestos.
Kurama: [giggles]
Hiei: [kisses him]

>The two adversarial Youkai exchanged a look, then smirked at the redhead. “You must be joking,” said the creature’s friend. His hand went to the blaster attached to his belt. “Get lost, pretty. This doesn’t involve you.”

Hiei: Calling him pretty isn't exactly an insult.
Kurama: Unless I'm especially egotistic in this.
Xellos: Or under the impression that pretty is a comment on your feminine features.
Kurama: [twitch] Point.
Xellos: [grins] Are we playing tennis?
Kurama: Not with *you.*
Lina: Good idea. He'd give you a faulty racket just to see what happened.
Xellos: [pouts] Mou.
Zelgadis: Well, you did do that to Lina...
Xellos: But it was more exciting.
Zelgadis: [chuckles] If you like dodging Dragon Slave when she finds out...
Xellos: [grins]

>The redhead’s smile tightened visible. “It does now.”
>“Why you little --” He didn’t get to finish. Quicker than the Youkai could react, the redhead had closed the space between them and punched his chest. The sort-of-human heaved and fell over, clutching his stomach.

Yuusuke: So why's he holding his stomach if Kurama hit him in the chest?
Hiei: Diaphragm.
Koenma: That or she just didn't proofread.
Hiei: That too.

>His creature friend pulled its blaster on the redhead, but before he could get off a shot, his arm had been cleaved off. It had been distracted, and had forgotten about Hiei altogether since the redhead had appeared.

Zelgadis: Never a good idea.
Hiei: *I* would have attacked them much sooner than this.
Lina: They still probably would've underestimated you.
Hiei: Morons.
Xellos: It's the height thing. They never expect someone short to be a danger.
Lina: Don't worry, I get it a lot too.
Hiei: [glares at her] You're not short.
Lina: No, but I don't have a penis.
Zelgadis: [laughs so hard he chokes]
Lina: [blushes and sighs]

>It dropped on the ground beside its friend, remaining hand going to where its arm used to be. The bartender shrieked through the entire event, and other patrons of the cantina stood back, watching with curiosity.

Hiei: Oh, come on. He's seen barfights before.
Kurama: Maybe he's new.
Hiei: Still. Mos Eisely.
Kurama: Yeah.

>The fight was over quickly, and the redhead turned to Hiei just as he was extinguishing his black-bladed lightsaber. Hiei glared up at him.

Koenma: Black light saber?
Kurama: Well, Jackson got a purple one.
Yuusuke: That's still a normal color. Black's kind of... Dark Side. And even if there was one, Palpatine would've had it.
Kuwa: Fanboy.
Koenma: I can't take Palpatine's fighting seriously. It's too funny to me.
Xellos: [deadpan] Like watching the Pope swordfight?
Koenma: [giggles]

>“I didn’t need your help,” he said firmly.
>The redhead only smiled. It was kinder than the one he’d given the two beings, and it irritated the fire demon greatly. “So I see.”

Hiei: [plays with Kurama's hair] But I won't reject it, either.
Kurama: [smiles] But I didn't *only* smile. I spoke too.
Hiei: [snorts] I meant your help.
Kurama: Oh, I know. The writing just bugged me.
Koenma: Doesn't it always?
Kurama: [smiles] Yes.

>Genkai and the orange-haired human she had been talking with came over. He was taller than Hiei had originally thought, but decidedly as oafish looking now that he was up close. “Oi, what did you do now?” he asked the redhead, looking at their handiwork in confusion.

Kurama: [himself] I'm getting a date. That yours?
Kuwa: Oi! I'm not dating Genkai.
Hiei: [stage whispers] Notice he didn't deny the oaf part.
Kuwa: I was going to but Kurama got me side-tracked.
Hiei: Right.
Kuwa: [glares] Pint-sized runt.
Hiei: [smirks] Idiot.
Kurama: Now, now, children.
Yuusuke: [kid voice] Sorry, Mommy!
Kurama: [sighs]
Hiei: Want me to hit him?
Kurama: No, he'll start pouting again.
Yuusuke: [pouts anyway]
Hiei: *Now* can I hit him?
Koenma: No.

>The redhead laughed softly. He appeared embarrassed. This most likely was not his first bar fight. “For once it wasn’t me.”

Kurama: I did get in a lot of bar fights, but not in this life.
Koenma: Thank 'heaven' for small favors. It'd be more paperwork for me.
Kurama: [smirks]
Koenma: [looks nervous now]
Kurama: Don't worry. You'll only have to worry about that in the Makai.

>“I didn’t ask for you to interfere!” Hiei reminded tersely. He should’ve let the moron get shot.

Hiei: Oi. Go fall on your sword, clone!
Kurama: [pets his hair]
Karasu's voice: That could be arranged.
Hiei: Oh, go shove your jealousy up your ass, Karasu.

>“What’s this?” the oaf asked, indicating the Jaganshi. Hiei bristled, but before he could respond Genkai spoke.

Hiei: Oi!
Kurama: [himself] My new boyfriend. Can I keep him?
Kuwa: [himself] Alright, but no christening the ship.
Kurama: [himself] Too late.
Kuwa: [himself] Damn it.
Hiei: [smirks] Careful where you walk, Oaf.
Xellos: It's too bad we don't have a cockpit.
Zelgadis: [chokes]
Xellos: [giggles]

>“Hiei, these gentlemen think their ship may be able to suit our current needs,” the old woman informed him. She turned to the redhead. “I take it you’re the captain?” He nodded. “Then we should continue this where the whole damn cantina can’t see us.”

Yuusuke: [Genkai] Unless you're into that sort of thing.
Hiei: No, we're not exhibitionists, thanks.

>The redhead nodded. “Of course. I was sitting at one of the booths earlier; let’s see if it hasn’t been snatched yet.” He led them through the crowd toward one of the tables in the back of the cantina. Hiei studied him more closely than before.

Hiei: You'd think I'd have checked him out before we screwed...
Kurama: Or even a little during.
Hiei: [gropes] Oh, I definitely would have noticed things during.
Kurama: [stiffles a moan] Later, Dragon.
Hiei: [softly] That a promise?
Kurama: [kisses his forehead] Oh, most definitely.
Hiei: [leers] Good.

>He hardly looked the role of a pilot; his clothing was rather ordinary, almost casual wear, consuming of black pants and a white shirt. Freelance, Hiei surmised. Couldn’t possibly work for a company or outfit. Which would explain exactly why he was in this place and why Genkai wanted to hire him.

Hiei: Which is a conclusion I should have made before.
Yuusuke: Luke wouldn't have made it at all.

>The table the pilot had indicated was unoccupied and he sat down, his oafish friend sitting beside him. Hiei and Genkai sat across from them. They were closer to the band of musicians from here.

Xellos: Good cover for a conversation.
Koenma: She can't take credit, it's like that in the movie.

>The redhead got straight to business, talking directly to Genkai. “I take it you’re interested in buying a transport.”
>The old woman nodded. “That’s right. We need a fast ship to deliver us to the Alderaan system.”

Hiei: More than just transport. [leers at Kurama]
Kurama: [leers back]
Yuusuke: "Fast ship. Faster pilots."
Kurama: Only I wouldn't make Hiei pay.

>He smiled. “I assure you, speed is one thing the Millennium Falcon is not lacking.”

Hiei: With you in the cockpit, I have no doubt of that. I expect my clone will be thoroughly explored shortly.
Kurama: [giggles] And if not, my clone needs his head examined.
Hiei: [kisses him] Care to start your exploration, Captain?
Kurama: [grins] Yes, I would. [kisses him deeply]
Hiei: [puts his hand up Kurama's shirt]
[a small explosion is heard]
Hiei: [yelps]
Kurama: Hiei!
Xellos: [shoots dark energy out of his staff into the ceiling, where it disappears]
Hiei: [winces, feeling at his back with his hand] I don't think it broke the skin...
Kurama: [inspects it carefully] No, it didn't...
Xellos: Forgive me for not noticing it earlier, Hiei-san.
Hiei: [shakes his head] It startled me, is all.
Xellos: [grins] Well, I think I returned the favor.
Karasu's voice: Very funny, priest.
Xellos: [smirks darkly] Try it again, Crow. I may not be able to send myself through yet, but I can make your environment very... messy.
Zelgadis: [softly] What'd you do?
Xellos: [softly] Honestly? I have no clue. I can't see to aim, so I shot blindly.
Zelgadis: [smiles] Hope you got him.
Xellos: [grins] Though, I timed it wrong. Next time, if it happens, will be different.
Kurama: [hugs Hiei tightly]
Hiei: I'm okay, Imp.
Kurama: I know. I just worry.
Hiei: [kisses him] I know.

>Genkai inclined her head to the redhead’s friend. “Your co-pilot, Kuwabara, was telling me that you would have no trouble getting us past any Meikai.”
>Hiei nearly did a double-take. That dumb looking human was a co-pilot?

Kuwa: Hey, I'm not dumb!
Hiei: Dumb *looking*.
Xellos: Appearances can be deceiving.
Kuwa: [grumbles]

>“The Falcon can outrun Meikai starships.” The pilot was not bragging, but he definitely had pride in his eyes. “Not those ordinary bulk-cruisers, but the new Corellian models.” He gazed at the old woman thoughtfully, eyes piercing. “You’re very specific about this. Are you, perhaps, running from something?”

Yuusuke: [Genkai] Isn't everyone?
Kurama: [himself] Well, I'm going to up the price depending on how much danger you're in.
Hiei: [himself] Oh, can't I convince you to lower it, Captain?
Kurama: [himself] That depends on the convincing.
Hiei: [himself, huskily] Oh, I think you'll enjoy it...
Yuusuke: See, if Luke had done that, he might've been useful.
Koenma: Too bad Lucas is a homophobe.
Xellos: Well, I don't know about that, but he definitely doesn't like Han/Luke. He's remarked on it.
Yuusuke: Party pooper.
Zelgadis: He sounds pretty closed-minded for somebody writing about two people with a forbidden love.
Hiei: As long as it's *straight* forbidden love, I'm sure he's fine.
Lina: [snorts]

>“You can say that,” Genkai responded neutrally. She returned the keen look.
>The redhead smiled again, like he’d just caught sight of something he might like to buy. Or steal. “Then it will cost you extra. Ten thousand, all in advance.” The oaf, Kuwabara, gave him a startled look.

Yuusuke: Oh, I'm sure there's something he'd like to steal...
Hiei: But I, unlike a certain moronic clone, wouldn't resist.
Kurama: [leers] I can be very convincing.
Hiei: [leers back] This I know.
Kurama: Good.

>“Ten thousand?” Hiei spoke up, mentally gawking at the price. “We could buy our own fucking ship for that.”

Kurama: [himself] I assure you that it wouldn't be as good at fucking.
Hiei: [himself] Prove it.
Kurama: [himself] C'mere and we'll have a romp, and you can decide for yourself.
Hiei: [himself, smirking] Sounds good to me.
Yuusuke: Doubt that's an oddity, given the Cantina...
Koenma: But that would mean the universe would go above a PG-13 rating, and George can't have that.
Yuusuke: But he'll redo the whole series in 3D. Totally makes sense.
Hiei: Just because George is a prude doesn't mean the Cantina is.
Yuusuke: [snorts]
Hiei: Seriously. In that kind of bar, it's common. George is just in denial.

>“But not one as good as my ‘fucking ship,’” the redhead pointed out, looking at him for the first time since sitting at the booth. He gave Hiei an altogether different look than the one he had given Genkai. “That’s my price. Take it or leave it.”

Hiei: [himself] I'll take it, hot stuff.
Kurama: [himself] I was hoping you would, cutie.
Yuusuke: What kind of look?
Hiei: Sultry. It's pretty common.
Yuusuke: Doesn't say that. He could be glaring.
Kurama: I agree with Hiei.
Hiei: He's very obviously giving me his, "I want to eat you" look.
Koenma: Which makes me wonder, why did Karasu pick this fic?
Hiei: Ego?
Koenma: I just have a hard time seeing it...
Hiei: Well, in the fic the Meikai is the big bad empire, it seems. Probably, to him, makes up for the fact that in reality it's a puny, weak piece of shit that relies on bad fanfiction to torture people.
Koenma: Good point.
Hiei: I figure this fic is him trying to feel more important than he really is.
Xellos: Ironically, that's probably why the Death Star was so big...
Yuusuke: Penis extension?
Xellos: Palpatine always struck me as the type.
Hiei: And Karasu's just making up for what he doesn't have.

>Hiei glared at the redhead for a moment then shrugged, appearing as if he no longer cared. “Whatever. It’s her decision.”

Kurama: Translation: he's looking forward to it.
Hiei: Why wouldn't I be? [shifts]
Kurama: [gasps] All the hot sex you want? I can't imagine.
Hiei: [smirks]

>Genkai was casting a look between the two and hid a smile. This trip would prove entertaining. “I’ll pay you two thousand before we leave,” she said, “and fifteen when we reach our destination.”

Kurama: Entertaining isn't the word.
Hiei: I'm thinking something along the lines of "fucktastic."
Kurama: [giggles]
Yuusuke: And she's rehashing.
Koenma: Well, we knew it was going to happen.

>The pilot’s green eyes widened in obvious surprise. “Seventeen, huh? Well, that’s something. Alright,” his smile returned, “you have a deal. Meet us when you’re ready, at docking bay ninety-four.”
>Genkai nodded. Hiei watched as the redhead looked up and over and something at the bar. Following his gaze, he saw that it was two Meikai troopers.

Yuusuke: Because, yeah, we needed to end the scene somehow.
Hiei: Or just get rid of the customers so the plot can be furthered by introducing the red-haired scoundrel and his oaf co-pilot.
Kuwa: Oi!
Hiei: Hey, fic's words, not mine.
Kuwa: [grumbles]

>The fire demon cursed and turned back around.
>It seems your friends are looking for you,” the pilot said no later.
>Genkai didn’t even turn around, but neither did she seem surprised. “Figures. See you later.” The old woman rose from the table and took off. Her short stature helped her slip easily into the crowded room. She headed toward a back door to the cantina.

Kurama: You know, that's not even explained in the novel.
Kuwa: What isn't?
Kurama: How they got out of there.
Hiei: [snorts] Lucas probably wanted everyone to think it was some great Jedi trick.
Koenma: [Luke] Wow, how did you do that?
Yuusuke: [Obi-Wan] Trade secret. My master used to like to sneak out of the room when people started yelling at him...
Hiei: [snorts] It had to take some great Jedi trick to keep Luke from screwing up their escape.
Yuusuke: [snickers]

>Hiei was right behind her, but paused and turned around. “What’s your name?” he asked the redhead. (5)
>He looked nervously at the approaching troopers, then back to Hiei. “Kurama.”
>Hiei nodded. “I’ll remember that.” It may have been just a promise, or a thinly veiled threat, but before Kurama could find out, the black-haired being was suddenly gone.

Kurama: It better be a promise.
Hiei: [smiles when he recognizes the lines] It was.
Zelgadis: Oh?
Hiei: I said that to him before, when we first met.
Kurama: [smiles]
Xellos: [giggles] Zelgadis just glared at me when we met.
Zelgadis: [blushes] It wasn't like I didn't have a reason...
Xellos: [smiles] You were so cute, off in the corner, brooding.
Zelgadis: [blushes deeper]
Xellos: [kisses him]
Zelgadis: [smiles]

>The troopers burst onto the scene, but didn’t find their targets. Kurama leaned closer to Kuwabara and spoke softly. “Seventeen thousand!”
>“I know!” Kuwabara said, smiling broadly. “We can pay off Tarukane with that, and have plenty to spare.”

Hiei: [growls]
Kuwa: [glares] The bastard that had Yukina-chan!
Yuusuke: Oddly, I can see him as Jabba.
Xellos: [cheerfully] He's dead now.
Kurama: [looks at Hiei]
Hiei: It wasn't me.
Xellos: It was Toguro.
The Tantei: Ohh.
Yuusuke: I wondered how he came back to life...
Xellos: He faked it.
Yuusuke: Yeah, figured that out later.
Lina: [snorts] You're a fanboy, Xellos. Does the Greater Beast know you have so much free time?
Xellos: [twitches]
Zelgadis: [puts an arm around him]
Xellos: [smiles] Oh, she knows. There isn't anything I do that she doesn't know about...
Zelgadis: [blinks, glances at Xel]
Lina: [raises an eyebrow] Seriously?
Xellos: I am her servant.
Lina: So she knows about you and Zel, then?
Xellos: Ah, probably not yet. [softly] That won't be the case for long, however...
Lina: Huh?
Xellos: [smiles] Nothing!
Zelgadis: [softly] Are you okay?
Xellos: [softly] Yes, of course. I'm feeling a lot better now. You shouldn't worry.
Zelgadis: [bites his lip]
Lina: [curious] So what happens when she finds out?
Xellos: That, my dear Lina-san, would be the important question.
Lina: [blinks] Eh?
Xellos: I... would rather not talk about this. Not right now.
Zelgadis: And you *don't* want me to worry?
Xellos: [softly] Please.
Zelgadis: Okay. [kisses him gently]

>“Could buy a lot of supplies for the Falcon,” Kurama added.
>“And food,” Kuwabara interjected. “Don’t forget food.”

Kuwa: Why are my clones always obsessed with food?
Hiei and Lina: Food...
Zelgadis: [sighs] You guys *just* ate!
Both: So?
Zelgadis: [groans]

>“No, of course not.” He looked in the direction the boy and old woman had gone. The troopers had already left. “What did you think of them?”
>“The old woman seems nice,” Kuwabara said. “Straightforward and blunt, but nice. The shrimp may be trouble.” He saw Kurama’s smile. “But you like trouble, eh, Kurama?”

Kurama: [himself] "Like" isn't the word for it.
Hiei: [licks his neck]
Kurama: [gasps softly, nips Hiei's earlobe]

>Kurama laughed at the good-natured jab. “You act like I save attractive strangers frequently.”
>“Well, not save them, but it’s the same thing.”

Hiei: [huskily] Save me, Kurama.
Kurama: [feels him up] Later.
Hiei: [moans, softly] At least make out with me.
Kurama: [giggles, pulls him into a deep kiss]
Hiei: [kisses him back, threads his fingers through Kurama's hair]

>“Not really,” Kurama spoke meditatively. “Not when they have that look that he had in his eyes.”
>“Look?”
>“Intense. From his scent he’s probably a fire youkai, and the ward might be covering a Jagan eye. He’s more than he seems. So is the woman.”

Kurama: [himself] I like 'em intense.
Hiei: [smirks] Already got my scent, eh?
Kurama: Oh, I'd better stock up. [sucks Hiei's neck]
Hiei: [moans]
Kurama: [puts his hands under Hiei's shirt, caressing his back]
Hiei: [rubs Kurama's inner thigh]
Kurama: [moans against Hiei's throat]
Xellos: [stands suddenly]
[an explosion is heard as his staff connects with a bomb]
Hiei: Shit! Son of a bitch!
Xellos: [sends a pulse of dark magic from his staff into the ceiling]
Kurama: [frightened] Are you hurt?
Hiei: [pets his hair] No. It's alright.
Zelgadis: [shocked] Did you get him?
Xellos: [shrugs]
Zelgadis: [touches Xellos' hand]
Xellos: [smiles]
Zelgadis: [smiles back, pulls Xellos back to the couch]
Xellos: [leans against him]
Zelgadis: [hugs him]

>Kuwabara whistled. “I’ll go get the ship ready.”
>Kurama nodded. “I’ll be there shortly.” There was another redhead - hair not as brilliant or well kept as his own - with tattoos on his face sitting across the room, eyeing him. He recognized who it was immediately and decided to wait and see what the technique-stealing demon wanted.(6)

Yuusuke: Yay, Randy.
Kurama: I oddly miss him.
Hiei: Me too.
Kurama: [holds him close]
Hiei: [touches Kurama's cheek tenderly]

>*

Yuusuke: [singing] I want to roll you up into my life. / Let's roll up to be / A single star / In the sky...
Lina: Katamari Damacy!
Yuusuke: [shocked] How'd you know?
Zelgadis: Genkai let her play it.
Xellos: [touches Zel's ear]
Zelgadis: [blushes]
Yuusuke: Genkai let someone touch her PS2?
Kuwa: Wow...
Zelgadis: She was pretty clear on punishment for damaging it.
Xellos: Plus she was playing her new PSP, and she figured a bored Lina was more of a property-damage risk.
Lina: Hey! Will you all stop picking on me?!
Zelgadis: Whatever you want, Destructo-girl.
Lina: [swats him]
Zelgadis: Ow!
Lina: I could've sent you flying, you know.
Zelgadis: [rubs his arm] Your generosity is appreciated.
Lina: Hmph.

>Later, back at the docking bay where he beloved ship was resting, he decided that waiting may not have been one of his brighter ideas.
>Kurama had been checking the Falcon for last minute repairs and check-ups, arguing with Mukuro over whether to fix a component or leave it later, when he heard a booming voice sound from outside in the yard. A voice that spoke in Huttesse.

Hiei: [confused] Mukuro?
Kurama: No clue.
Hiei: [leans against him]
Kurama: [runs hand through his hair]
Hiei: [purrs, relaxes]

Kurama: [beams]

>“Kurama! Get out here!”
>Kurama stuck his head out, not coming completely down the landing pad. As he had already guessed, there stood Tarukane the Hutt, as bulky and slimy as ever. The worm-like Youkai was surrounded by goons, and he recognized one with a shiver. The bounty-hunter Karasu.

Kurama: Irk.
Yuusuke: Figures.
Hiei; And, once again, Karasu only rates as a goon.
Kurama: Hiei...
Hiei: It's true. He's just a pathetic lackey.
Kurama: Maybe you shouldn't antagonize him...
Hiei: [sighs] Sorry. I can't help it sometimes...

Kurama: [kisses him gently] I know.

>“What do you want?” he demanded the Hutt gangster.
>Tarukane grinned with his wide, gross mouth. “I knew you would be here. Where’s your idiot partner?”

Hiei: I still want to kill him.
Kuwa: Me too.
Kurama: [massages Hiei's upper back]
Yuusuke: It'd be funny if Kuwabara was right behind him.

>“Right behind you, waiting to see if you’re going to attack me,” Kurama replied easily. Everyone in the Hutt’s party whirled to see Kuwabara leaning against the entrance of the docking bay, waving at them mock-cheerfully.

Yuusuke: [snickers] I called it.
Hiei: They all turned around? As in, backs to Kurama? Dumb.
Kurama: [smirks]
Hiei: Silent and deadly.
Kurama: [licks his nose playfully]
Hiei: [giggles, lays his head on Kurama's shoulder]
Zelgadis: The mock-cheerful wave makes me think of you, Xel.
Yuusuke: And Cho Hakkai.
Xellos: [sweat drops]
Lina: [snickers]

>“You were expecting us,” Tarukane guessed as soon as he was able to recover from his surprise.
>Kurama gave the Hutt a steely look. “I know you,” he responded simply. He walked down the rampart, scrubbing at the grease on his hands with an already dirty cloth. “You didn’t answer my question.”

Yuusuke: [Tarukane] What was the question?
Hiei: [himself] How you'd like me to kill you.
Kurama: [snickers] He never did recover from his surprise.

>Tarukane said, “Kurama, my boy, you’ve disappointed me. You haven’t paid me. And why did you kill poor Rando like that? With one of your nasty little plants no less.”
>Rando had tried shrinking him. Kurama had let his plants eat him. “You sent him to kill me, Tarukane.”

Hiei: [growls] I want to kill Rando, too.
Kurama: [kisses his cheek]
Hiei: He's such a moron.

>The Hutt looked surprised, but Kurama knew he was faking it. “Kill you? Why, my dear boy, I would never do that to you! After all these years, you’re like my own son.”

Kurama: That'll give me nightmares.
Kuwa: It'd give anyone nightmares.
Hiei: If he's Jabba, I'll get to kill him later.
Yuusuke: No, you're Luke. Whoever is Leia gets to kill him.
Xellos: It seems that Yukina-san is Leia.
Hiei: [pales] Oh, crap.
Kurama: [cuddles him]
Koenma: It'd make more sense if it were Hiei...
Kurama: [growls] I'd rather he not be molested by Jabba.
Koenma: I *meant* if he killed Tarukane.
Kurama: Which would still mean that he'd get molested by him.
Hiei: [softly] I'd rather not think of that happening to Yukina.
Kurama: [kisses him] I'd rather it not happen to either of you.
Hiei: [hugs him]

>Kurama didn’t even bat an eye. “I must get my looks from my mother.”

Kurama: [snorts]
Hiei: [smiles] I like your looks.
Kurama: [smiles back] I like yours too, Dragon.
Hiei: [blushes]
Kurama: [smiles]

>“Point is, he wasn’t going to kill you. I sent him to express my concern over your delays.”
>Kurama nodded sagely. “Yes, he looked like he was trying very hard not to turn me into a miniature smuggler.”

Hiei: [growls]
Kurama: [licks his neck]
Hiei: [gasps]
Kuwa: I hate that incantation.
Yuusuke: [winces as he remembers] Yeah... Still can't believe Genkai would've taught that guy if he'd won.
Hiei: She probably knew he wouldn't.
Yuusuke: What, you think she predicted my dumb luck?
Hiei: The dumb part, anyway.
Yuusuke: [snorts]

>“Kurama!” He gave up his act, but continued to sound friendly. “My friend, if only you hadn’t ejected that shipment of spice. I can’t make exceptions, even if it’s you. What would everyone say if I let all of my smugglers dump their cargo at the first sign of Meikai star cruisers? That is not good business, and you know it.”

Kurama: If a mission is impossible, you abort.
Yuusuke: [hums Mission Impossible theme]
Hiei: [snickers]
Kurama: If only someone had aborted Tom Cruise...
Kuwa: Out of the atmosphere would've been nice.
Xellos: We could hire Lina out for that.
Zelgadis: Hire? All we'd need to happen is for the guy to piss her off.
Lina: [glares at them]
Xellos: [nervous laugh]

>Tarukane rubbed his chin. He couldn’t turn down a sweet deal like that. Plus, he really didn’t want to have to kill the smuggler. He would, but he didn’t want to. “Alright, my boy. But no more of this,” he waved a chubby hand, “dispute between us. We’re friends aren’t we?”

Kurama: Read: He knows he couldn't kill me even if he wanted to.
Hiei: [chuckles]
Kurama: [kisses his cheek]

>Kurama pasted on a smile. “Yes, Tarukane, of course we are.”
>But disappoint me again and I’ll put a bounty on your head so large you won’t be able to go near a civilized system for the rest of your short life!”
>Tarukane obviously hadn’t listen to the rumors about him rising from the dead. “I’ll keep that in mind,” he answered the Hutt’s warning gift.(7)

Hiei: It wouldn't be so bad to go back to Youko full time, would it?
Kurama: [laughs] Oddly enough, I'm fond of the red hair now...
Hiei: [grins] I like it either way.
Kurama: That's good to know. [kisses him]
Hiei: [softly] Besides, I wouldn't mind an encounter with your youko form.
Kurama: [smirks, softly] Is that so?
Hiei: [leers] Yes.
Kurama: Well, we'll have to see about that...
Hiei: [kisses him] I love all of you.
Kurama: [beams]

>“Let’s go!” the boss called, and the guards all began following Tarukane out. All save one, and Kurama held in a shiver as he felt hands ghost over his side-locks.
>“Kurama,” said a silky voice. “You do not fit in this place, this ship; with your hands so dirty and hair so matted.”

Kurama: [shudders]
Hiei: [growls lowly]
Kurama: [kisses him] It's okay.
Hiei: And your hair is not matted.
Kurama: [smiles]
Hiei: [runs a hand through it] Just sometimes a bit tangled.
Kurama: [leans into his touch] Oh?
Hiei: [smiles] That just means I need to brush it more.
Kurama: I like it when you do.
Hiei: I like to brush your hair.
Kurama: I like to brush yours, too.

>Turn down one offer for a drink, and suddenly he as psychotic stalker. “Karasu, I do believe that it is most not your place to tell me where I belong and where I don’t.” And his hair was NOT matted! “Now, if you’re done expressing your jealousy for my ship, I’d like to get back to her now.”

Hiei: [blinks] Mukuro is the ship, isn't she?
Kurama: That would make sense.
Yuusuke: [falls asleep on Koenma's shoulder]
Koenma: [pokes him] We can't sleep, remember?
Yuusuke: [squirms] Hey, I'm ticklish there....
Koenma: [giggles] Then stop sleeping.
Yuusuke: Fine, fine.

>Karasu brought his hands away as if stung. “Play with you’re little toy, Kurama. You have no idea what you’re missing.”

Kurama: And I don't *want* to know, thanks.
Yuusuke: That is kinda funny though. Karasu's jealous of a ship.
Koenma: It's a *big* ship.
Yuusuke: [snorts]
Hiei: He's jealous of anything Kurama gives more attention to. Which is essentially the entire universe.
Kuwa: So Karasu is Doctor Frankenfurter?
Yuusuke: [laughs] No way. Frankie's cooler. And more attractive.
Hiei: Frankenfurter was a sadist, though. That fits.
Xellos: [cheerfully] Oh, I just had this image of Karasu as Frankie drooling and chasing around Kurama in gold spandex.
Kurama: Now I'm really disturbed.
Yuusuke: ... Surprisingly, so am I.
Hiei: Don't think about Kurama in spandex, Xellos. That's my job.
Kurama: [blushes]
Xellos: [inclines his head] My apologies.
Kurama: [very softly] Are you having role-play daydreams?
Hiei: [same] Maybe. You interested?
Kurama: [leers] Oh, yes.

>“I’d rather kiss a Wookiee’s ass,” Kurama said bluntly.(8) He could see the insult boiled that cool exterior of the bounty hunter’s even more, but just then Kuwabara decided to come up to the ship. The human glared at the long-haired Youkai, and Karasu took the hint and left. Kurama heaved a sigh. “Thanks, Kuwabara.”

Kurama: It's true. I would.
Yuusuke: Aw, and Kuwabara saved the day.
Hiei: Didn't realize Karasu was scared of him.
Yuusuke: Maybe since he's Chewie he's got mad Wookiee intimidation skills now?
Hiei: So, what? Kurama would rather kiss Kuwabara's ass than be bothered with Karasu?
Yuusuke: [shrugs]
Hiei: Good insult.
Kuwa: Hey!
Hiei: What?
Kuwa: Oh. I thought you meant me.
Koenma: So used to it?
Kuwa: Yeah.
Hiei: [snorts]
Kurama: [softly] Don't say it.
Hiei: [softly] Wasn't.
Kurama: [kisses his neck] Good.

>The orange-haired human gave a cock-sure shrug. “What’re friends for? Besides, you can handle a runt like that.”

Hiei: He *could* handle it, but I doubt he'd want to handle *that* runt.
Kurama: I wouldn't.
Hiei: There you go then.
Yuusuke: Kuwa's clone seems kind of... cocky.
Koenma: Bad pun.
Yuusuke: Heh.

>Kurama looked at him sadly. “Perhaps.” The only reason he and Karasu hadn’t fought was because of Tarukane. He needed to get that seventeen thousand or he would lose the gangster’s favor, and who knew what would happen to the Falcon or Kuwabara after that?

Kuwa: I'm not an invalid.
Yuusuke: He'd sell the Falcon and begin his career as a rent boy.
Kuwa: Oi!
Zelgadis: A what?
Xellos: Male prostitute.
Zelgadis: [laughs]
Hiei: Hey! I think it's over.
Lina: Good. I want lunch.
Zelgadis: [groans] I'm not cooking.
Xellos: [beams] I can cook again.
Hiei: Food?
Lina: [starts] Foo-? Wait, it won't be like that dragon stew stuff, will it?
Xellos: [chuckles] Of course not, Lina-san. You're no fun if you're dead!
Lina: How... reassuring...
Kurama: Careful, Xellos, or they'll make you do it all the time.
Xellos: Yare yare.

-

Mukuro was surprised when Xellas suddenly stopped in her tracks, a troubled frown on her face. Before now, the keen-looking woman hadn't seemed capable of such an expression. "What's wrong?" the youkai asked, worrying that the Mazoku Lord had sensed something she hadn't.

The Beastmaster tried to grasp mentally at the echo of emotional turmoil she'd felt briefly, but it was suddenly gone. That would be the holy barrier's interference again. It had been like that all morning, sadly. Instead of confessing this, however, she beamed at the taller woman. "You're worried about me, Mukuro-dono? I'm touched!"

Mukuro blinked, confused by the abrupt mood change. The new honorific was also puzzling. "What?"

Xellas winked, just for good measure. "Oh look, there's the next barrier…"

Just before she moved toward it, however, a burst of black magic shot forth, a good ways away from where they stood. It was powerful, and carried with it anger.

"What was that?" Mukuro asked, body tensing against a possible threat.

Xellas, on the other hand, just smiled widely, her eyes gleaming almost feverishly. "Xellos!" There was no doubt in her mind; she would recognize her servant's power signature anywhere, because it was a part of herself. Her heart soured. If he was well enough to send of attacks like that, he must be feeling better. "Shall we see if we can follow it?"

Mukuro nodded, allowing the blonde to take the lead.

After the second blast, they were able to discern the general location of where the blasts had come from.

*

Zelgadis was surprised at how much food Xellos was able to cook in a short time. Both Hiei and Lina had nearly eaten themselves into comas, though Lina had recovered shortly with a lot of energy and had quickly dragged Kuwabara and Koenma off to explore, while Yuusuke reluctantly stayed behind to guard. Hiei, who apparently had more reason to be tired, was carried off to bed by Kurama.

Zelgadis, meanwhile, helped Xellos wash dishes, watching as the Mazoku hummed to himself cheerfully. Or false cheerfully. He’d stopped believing Xellos’ mask this morning, and he knew that he and Xellos had to have a talk. The look on the Mazoku’s face during the MST had scared him, and the fact that he was still pretending to be okay when he really wasn’t made Zelgadis even more nervous.

As soon as the dishes were finished, Zelgadis dragged the rather surprised Mazoku to the bathroom. He pushed Xellos against the closed door and kissed him deeply, caressing his face. When they pulled apart, he said softly, “Please tell me what’s going on.”

There was a long pause as Xellos studied him. “Zelgadis…” The Mazoku touched his cheek.

Zel pulled away. “Xel, you’re scaring me. You’re not acting right, and I know something’s wrong, but you won’t tell me anything. You’re pulling away, into yourself again…”

Xellos looked like he wanted to pull Zelgadis back against his body, but the stern look on the younger man's face stopped him. There was another long pause in which Xellos spent collecting his thoughts, steeling himself against the inevitable. He didn’t want to talk about this, because talking about it would make it real, and he couldn't continue to pretend nothing was wrong.

Perhaps he liked pretending too much.

"Zelgadis, do you know why I was so hesitant to pursue you?" he asked, not meeting the other's gaze.

"You were worried about me dying," Zelgadis answered, moving closer again. "But Xellos, we solved that-"

"Yes, that was one hurdle, but there is another. There always was. My master."

Suddenly, Xellos' behavior after the mention of the Greater Beast made sense. "You're worried what she'll think about us?"

Xellos nodded and closed the distance between them, resting his forehead on his lover's shoulder, knowing how weak this made him seem and not caring in the slightest. There were much more important things than appearances right now. And… Zelgadis deserved to know the truth of the danger he was in.

"I do not think she'll ask me to kill you," he spoke softly. "Not with the Pledge of Immortality. There is the possibility, though, and my master can make life very hard for us. Her plans are much too important. If this interferes, if she feels I am distracted…"

"Xellos…" Zelgadis hesitantly put his arms around the purple-haired man, unsure of what else to do. He knew what Xellos was and knew the stakes of disobeying his master. Lower Mazoku didn't disobey those who were their superiors. It was against their nature.

"I liked this," Xellos went on, voice taking on a strained quality. "I liked this place, and the freedom to at last be myself, to have any freedom at all. I don't want it to end."

"Who says it's coming to an end?" Zelgadis tilted his head to kiss the soft flesh of Xellos' neck. "We're stuck here after all."

"Ah, yes, well… Xellas-sama is here."

Zelgadis' entire body stiffened. "Oh."

"Indeed. She and another are attempting to free us from our captivity."

"Another?"

"I am not familiar with the person's energy signature."

"Oh." Zelgadis tightened his grip on the Mazoku. "Well… It's not like it's the first time I've faced a Mazoku Lord," he added, albeit weakly. Gaav and Phibrizo—and Ruby Eye Shabranigdu as well—weren't pleasant memories.

"I will try my best," Xellos said. "You know I do not wish any harm to you, Lina-san, and the others. Well," he added with a humorless chuckle, "nothing permanent anyway."

Zelgadis snorted. "I'm not giving up on us."

This, too, is good to know." He brushed his lips against Zelgadis' earlobe. "Zelgadis…" he whispered in a tone he knew Zelgadis would know the meaning of. He needed to feel the chimera's hard body against his. Who knew how much longer they had?

Zelgadis obliged.

*

Yuusuke watched Zelgadis drag Xellos to the bathroom with mild amusement before returning to his thoughts. He’s been pissed at Kurama earlier, though the anger had quickly faded with the bombs Karasu sent at Hiei. The youko was right. He *was* acting like a fanboy over Kurama and Hiei, which wasn’t fair to them. He’d been mad because they were right, and he’d been stupid about it.

He sighed, irritated. Kurama looked up from his seat on the bed with Hiei, still running a hand through the sleeping fire demon’s hair. “Okay, Yuusuke?”

“Yeah.” Yuusuke shrugged. “Just thinking about what you said earlier. The fanboy thing. And you’re right.”

“I’m sorry I had to say something about it, Yuusuke.”

“Me, too.” The teen chuckled. “I should’ve realized it and knocked it off a long time ago. It’s just that… Well, I’m really happy for you two. Hiei especially.” Kurama raised an eyebrow at that. “No, I mean… I read his file a while back. Nicked it from Koenma, don’t remember why…” He trailed off, thoughtful.

“And?” Kurama prompted, looking down at his lover.

“It was just… really sad. He didn’t deserve any of it. I wanted to do something for him, but I didn’t know what.” Yuusuke sighed. “So when I see him happy now, it’s like it’s undoing everything bad that happened to him. And I’m really glad for that.”

Kurama smiled at him. “I am, too. And I intend to keep undoing all that hurt for a long time yet.” Yuusuke grinned. “But it’s a really private thing, Yuusuke. We don’t *want* fans. We just want a private, happy life.”

Yuusuke sighed again. “I know. I’m trying really hard. Now that I know I’m doing it, anyway.”

“Thanks for understanding, Yuusuke.” The redhead tucked Hiei in gently.

“No prob. Sorry for being a jerk about it earlier.”

Kurama lay down next to the fire demon, pulling the covers over them. “Don’t worry about it.”

Yuusuke fidgeted for a moment. “You’d think I’d fanboy more over Xellos and Zelgadis.”

Kurama didn’t answer.

“Right. I’ll let you nap, then. Keep watch and all that.” He settled back in the chair, wishing keenly that he’d gone with the others or at least kept Koenma here to keep him company. Ah, well. Plenty of time for that later.

TBC.

Chrissy: Yuusuke’s ‘fanboyishness’ toward Hiei and Kurama has always kinda been reminiscent of Usagi’s feelings toward Michiru and Haruka. In Stars, Seiya asks who they are after the joint concert the Star Lights have with Michiru, and Usagi smiles and says, “They’re my important friends.” Yuusuke looks up to Hiei and Kurama a lot, kind of like older brothers, I guess you could say.

Also, on Xellas’ appearance—in the anime she as long hair, tanned skin, and wears a white gown. In the novels, her appearance was slightly different. Lighter skin, short hair, and a cooler outfit. I prefer the novel, in this case. You can find this rare picture of her (and Deep Sea Dolphin!) here: http://zellas.mazoku.org/

She is also described as being tall, but for some reason I wanted Mukuro to be just a tad taller. Don’t ask why.