Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Exchange Student ❯ Science Project and Floorboards ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Zinnia sat in Mr Iwamoto's science class and listened closely. "I am assigning you each a partner for this parent project."said the blue haired teacher standing in front of the class. It was a project where a couple had to care for an egg and be good parents. Girls paired up with boys of course. Mr Iwamoto took out two coffee cans and set them on his desk. "Boys pick from the left can and girls from the right." Somehow.....Keiko managed to drag Yuske to class today. Mr Iwamoto picked him first. Yuske got up from his desk and made his way up to the front of the class. He searched his hand in the coffee can and them pulled out a piece of paper....he read it.....


"Hana."he said. A girl with black hair looked up from her sleeping when she heard her name being called. Anyway, next Mr Iwamoto called on a girl to pick from the opposite can. This process went on until they got to the last two names. Unfortunately,........Mr Iwamoto had realized there was an unequal amont of boys and girls.....he picked out the last two names in the can........Keiko and Zinnia.....



After school, Zinnia had to stay after to clean up Mr Iwamoto's room as a punishment for that whole....shovel thing. She sighed as she washed the black board. It was rather large. Her hands were getting all wrinkly and pruney from the water. Once she finished she took the bucket of water and threw it out the window. She heard someone scream. She looked out the 2 story window then looked down to see Mr Iwamoto soaked in soapy water. "ZINNIA!"he screamed from the top of his lungs.


"Sorry!"she screamed down at him before quickly pulling her head into the window. Great, now Mr Iwamoto was mad at her again. She decided that she better make his room shine! She picked up all the paper off the ground......even a couple notes. She didnt want to be nosey but she read them anyway. She opened up a note. She read it. "Mr Iwamoto is a.........."she then stopped. She threw the paper into the garbage can. "What terrible language."she thought to herself. She did recognize that the handwriting on the paper was obviously Yuske's. Next, she mopped the floor. She played music while she did this. She played "1, 2 step" by Ciara on the cd player she found on Mr Iwamoto's desk. Zinnia danced around the room mopping as she music played. This was her jam! She mopped up the entire room and kept the cd player on repeat too. She placed the mop in the corner of the room and began dancing the 1, 2 step. "Let me see you 1,2 step! I love it when you-aaaahh!"she slipped on the wet floor and slid into a wall at top speed.




Anyway, after Zinnia cleaned up Mr Iwamoto's room she went to Kurama's house. Kurama was fixing some floor boards in his mother's room and Zinnia told him she would help. Yuske and Kuwabara came to help but mainly for the doughnuts Kurama had bought. They both ate a jelly doughnut as they hammered in new floor boards. Zinnia became impatient. Hiei was rubbing off on her. "Kurama, you said I could help!"she whined with a hammer in her hand. "You havent let me do anything!"Kurama sweatdropped.


"But Zinnia, I dont need your help right at this very moment."explained the red head trying not to hurt her feelings.


"Yeah, well....I wanna hammer some floor boards in! Or Im gonna start hammering FINGERS!"


"No, no, no! Uh....here you can hammer this next floor board."said Kurama rather quickly. He knew Zinnia'd hammer someone's finger.


"Yay!"she happily placed a board in the floor and began to hammer the nails in. There was a knock at the door downstairs. Kurama sighed.


"I'll be back."he said leaving the room. He went downstairs and to the front door. He opened it. A rather upset Keiko stood in the doorway. "Hello Keiko, what can I do for you today?"he asked. Keiko entered. She was holding an egg wrapped in a small blanket.


"Im here to see that irresponsible spouse of mine."she said rather ticked off. Kurama looked confused.


"Her......spouse?"he thought. Keiko wasnt married.....He then thought for a second. "You mean Yuske?"he asked. Keiko shook her head.


"No.......Zinnia."she said heading upstairs. Kurama sweatdropped. The phone rang.



Back upstairs, "Yuske, I think you hammered this board in wrong."said Zinnia examing the nailed in floorboard. Just then Keiko emerged into the room. Zinnia's wolf ears perked up. "Hi Keiko!"she said happily.


"Dont you 'Hi Keiko' me!"she snapped. "Ever since we got Einstein you've been slacking off!"she screamed holding up the egg....which Keiko had drawn a face on with which looked like this ^_^ . Zinnia sweatdropped.


"But....but....Keiko we've only had the egg for one day......"she then realized something. "You named him Einstein? I wante to name him....Little Hiei."


"NEVERMIND THAT!"screamed Keiko. Zinnia whimpered. "You're coming home with me right now to help me care for our child!"Zinnia blinked.


"But I cant....I gotta help finish these floorboards."she explained.


"Fixing floorboards is more important then your child?!"


"Well.....kinda....it's just an egg.......for now."


"That's it, Zinnia Jaganshi! We're over!"she screamed then exited the room. Somehow that didnt sound right. Keiko was taking this too seriously.


"Keiko, wait!"shouted Zinnia. She sighed. "Why did I have to be paired with a girl?"she thought to herself.



Back downstairs Kurama hung up the phone. "Back to work."he said aloud.


"Yuske, Im sure this floorboard is in wrong.."said Zinnia's voice from upstairs. Suddenly the bed fell through the ceiling with Zinnia on it. Kurama's eyes were like this O.O


"Z-Zinnia, are you okay?!"he asked. Zinnia looked around her. She smiled.


"THAT WAS FUN!"she screamed happily. Just then Keiko came downstairs.


"Dont go after me now, Zinnia......"said Keiko walking past the bed and out the door.