Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Fade ❯ And so it begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
************
You are the bringer of death to those known as demons. You are young, strong, and damn good at what you do. The only one you will answer to, Lady Akemi, has given you a mission. Erase her enemies from existence. You are to do this by any miens necessary.

No problem.

Right?


Fade

The mornings light peaked from the horizon bringing your target into sight. He was large, muscular, and smelled of human blood. Your blood. You had chased him deep into the depths of the Makai the day before, and now you were fully ready to end this mission. With your scythe held tightly in both hands, you stalk behind him until your only a few feet away.

He smells your open wound and turns around to make his kill. You smile. Hello Ruroko. I see your still well. His eyes widen as you bring your scythe above your head. Ill fix that for you. With one powerful swoop, Ruroko fell to the ground; his body bloody and disfigured. You frown at his remains in disappointment. I was sure you would give me more of a challenge, Ruroko. You bow your head in respect, then pull the hood of your robes up so it covers your eyes from the blinding sunlight. I suppose I should report in. you sigh, your voice soft and tired.

* * *

When you reach the palace where youve lived for the past few years, you tap the blade of your scythe against the large wooden door and wait for the Shadow Knight to unlock the rusted bolts. One....two....three... You count the clanks silently in your head. Your feet step back slightly on the fourth, knowing that the Shadow Knight likes to attack anyone who dares knock. Honestly, you must know that no-one ever comes to the main door except me. your irritated voice sighs. He lets you in and watches as you disappear down the corridor.

Your back already? I thought Lady Akemi said that your mission would prove difficult. Hikarus blunt voice says from behind you. You dont bother to turn around as you reply. Difficult for you, maybe. Hikaru sighs as he stalks closer. Dont be such a profound deity, ___________. (your characters name) Deity. You mumble under your breath. That is something that I am not.

So modest. Michi smiled as she appeared from the shadows.

Your mind throbs as you try not to snap at her. Just because they had the same job as you doesnt mean you had to like them, right? Its not like they cared for you anyway. In fact, they were probably jealous of how you are always Lady Akemis first choice for her most exclusive tasks. What do you two want? you ask; your voice dripping with irritation.

Nothing. Michi cooed, taking a step in front of you. It looks like you got hurt. Ruroko must have been strong.

He was strong, and fast. you reply, gently pulling your hood to your shoulders so you could get a better look at the green-haired girl. Michi stood about three inches taller than you; despite the age difference you had. Her light blue eyes shined in the firelight, sending a chill down your spine. She looked like a china-doll, dressed in a maroon kimono. Her brother, Hikaru, had the same look; only he wasnt happy about it. He was your biggest rival, and it seemed he always had a new reason to complain about you.

It didnt matter though.

You had been here long before they ever arrived.

You were older, stronger, wiser, and most importantly, you were solitary. You let absolutely no-one in, and made sure not to let anything out. Emotions were something you saw as a sign of weakness; something that is intolerable under any circumstance. That is part of the reason why you made a perfect candidate for Akemis jobs. You didnt need to know why your target should be killed. Whatever the reason, it had no meaning to you.

Michi and Hikaru whispered among themselves as you walked past the two and entered the throne room. You take a few small steps into the area, then shut the large wooden door behind you. Without looking up, you know Lady Akemis eyes were on you. Instantly, you knelt and respectfully bowed your head.

Welcome back, __________. Akemis voice says softly. I didnt expect your return so soon. Your getting better and better with every job.

Thank you. You say quietly while standing up.

In fact...Akemi continued, ...In fact, I believe your ready for a job of more difficulty.

Your _________ eyes (whatever color your character's eyes are) meet her silver ones as she continued. You will be expected to carry this task out in the Ningenkai. That is where this demon is currently residing.

You nod, then look at the huge video-screen as an image of your target appears. Soullessly, your eyes move along every aspect of his likeness, making sure not to miss a single detail.

He will take something that is vary important away from me; if I give him the chance. You need to stop him before he can get that ability. Akemi tells you.

I understand. I wont disappoint you, Lady Akemi. Your monotone voice replies.

Youd better not. She says as you leave the room. Your existence depends on it, _____________.









An: *first attempt at a CYOA* This story is meant for ORIGINAL CHARACTERS ONLY.

So...what did you think? Should I continue? Please review. Flames are welcomed.

(please forgive any typing or spelling errors. Ill fix them as soon as they catch my attention.)